Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Limit Random Dragon to >0 Energy
I see a lot of really basic looking Random Dragons, and I think that is partly because idle accounts with untouched dragons keep showing up. I would think that FR would like to emphasize active players' dragons on the front page as they are more interesting to look at and more reflective of this site's potential (ie: better site advertising for potential new players).

A very easy way to skew the random dragons toward more interesting genes and clothing choices would be to just omit all dragons with no energy from the possible list of random dragons.

Omitting no-energy dragons would also mean that you're less likely to be highlighting non-active players and boosting your active players' visibility which will make the site seem more vibrant, active, and lively.
I see a lot of really basic looking Random Dragons, and I think that is partly because idle accounts with untouched dragons keep showing up. I would think that FR would like to emphasize active players' dragons on the front page as they are more interesting to look at and more reflective of this site's potential (ie: better site advertising for potential new players).

A very easy way to skew the random dragons toward more interesting genes and clothing choices would be to just omit all dragons with no energy from the possible list of random dragons.

Omitting no-energy dragons would also mean that you're less likely to be highlighting non-active players and boosting your active players' visibility which will make the site seem more vibrant, active, and lively.
tMGni6J.pngicon.pngUuzxzTT.png
Sorry, no support.

For one, your premise is faulty because not everyone likes gened dragons, and not everyone has a ton of gened dragons. There are a great many basic dragons on active accounts. I have at least 5 myself.

For another, I like seeing the old dragons, who are mainly on abandoned accounts. I like seeing dragons whose colors/gene combos I would never have dreamed looked good and then one day seeing about getting my own just like them. I wouldn't be able to do that if the random dragon was only for those in active accounts.

Sorry, no support.

For one, your premise is faulty because not everyone likes gened dragons, and not everyone has a ton of gened dragons. There are a great many basic dragons on active accounts. I have at least 5 myself.

For another, I like seeing the old dragons, who are mainly on abandoned accounts. I like seeing dragons whose colors/gene combos I would never have dreamed looked good and then one day seeing about getting my own just like them. I wouldn't be able to do that if the random dragon was only for those in active accounts.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I always see these threads as "I want higher chances of people seeing my dragons on the front page"

No support. A lot of people who play daily don't really bother with dragon feeding.
I always see these threads as "I want higher chances of people seeing my dragons on the front page"

No support. A lot of people who play daily don't really bother with dragon feeding.
I guess I don't really mind seeing dead or basic dragons. I think it's pretty rare to see a Basic dragon, for one, since most dragons have genes. Plus, Basic is a gene, too! And I'm not sure why it matters if it's dead or active. I get what you mean in the sense that if a newbie clicked the dragon and saw it abandoned, they might think that means lots of people have left the site or something. But I'm not sure it's deterred anyone or that it's actually an issue.

Anyway, I rarely click them, but on the occasion I do, it's kind of interesting to see the lairs of older players. They often have retired or cycled out items (familiars, apparel, etc) which are kind of fun to see. And anyway, who knows if they'll come back or not?

At any rate, some people still lurk but simply don't feed their dragons, so whether or not the dragon has energy doesn't necessarily mean anything.
I guess I don't really mind seeing dead or basic dragons. I think it's pretty rare to see a Basic dragon, for one, since most dragons have genes. Plus, Basic is a gene, too! And I'm not sure why it matters if it's dead or active. I get what you mean in the sense that if a newbie clicked the dragon and saw it abandoned, they might think that means lots of people have left the site or something. But I'm not sure it's deterred anyone or that it's actually an issue.

Anyway, I rarely click them, but on the occasion I do, it's kind of interesting to see the lairs of older players. They often have retired or cycled out items (familiars, apparel, etc) which are kind of fun to see. And anyway, who knows if they'll come back or not?

At any rate, some people still lurk but simply don't feed their dragons, so whether or not the dragon has energy doesn't necessarily mean anything.
[quote name="Aelis" date=2016-03-02 19:33:51] At any rate, some people still lurk but simply don't feed their dragons, so whether or not the dragon has energy doesn't necessarily mean anything. [/quote] Definitely this. Plenty of people simply don't feed their dragons but still log on every day. Plus, there's nothing wrong with basic dragons at all. Most gen one collectors have lairs full of them because first gens are typically ungened (at least while their users are saving up for their genes). Almost all the dragons in my lair are basic!
Aelis wrote on 2016-03-02:

Definitely this. Plenty of people simply don't feed their dragons but still log on every day.

Plus, there's nothing wrong with basic dragons at all. Most gen one collectors have lairs full of them because first gens are typically ungened (at least while their users are saving up for their genes). Almost all the dragons in my lair are basic!
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
no support. Its the random dragon. So it should be as random as it is. I'm actually kinda surprised they do not feature exalted ones too. Since many beautiful dragons are exalted.

But they probably did to keep the amout of dragons the RNG has to ge through at a manageable level since so many dragons are exalted and that number is only going to rise with every dragon that is put on a nest.
no support. Its the random dragon. So it should be as random as it is. I'm actually kinda surprised they do not feature exalted ones too. Since many beautiful dragons are exalted.

But they probably did to keep the amout of dragons the RNG has to ge through at a manageable level since so many dragons are exalted and that number is only going to rise with every dragon that is put on a nest.
No support!

Random is random, it shouldn't be changed as there is nothing wrong with it. We also can already see that the site is "active and lively" by looking at the Users online number at the top.
No support!

Random is random, it shouldn't be changed as there is nothing wrong with it. We also can already see that the site is "active and lively" by looking at the Users online number at the top.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
0 energy doesn't mean inactive
0 energy doesn't mean inactive
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif