Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bestiary and Menagerie
1 2 3

Since the bestiary is supposed to be.....
Quote:
Chronicles of the beasts you have encountered and collected!

it seems that it should be a list that includes the familiars that you actually face in the coliseum which is where you encounter them.

Perhaps what should happen then is kind of splitting the Bestiary into two separate lists one that includes all of the ones you actually encounter and one that includes ones you do not.

I would call the second one a Menagerie.

The Menagerie would include all Festival familiars that we collect and any other familiar that we can obtain that we do not encounter in the coliseum.

This would be

Gem Familiars
Swipp Trade Familiars
Baldwin Familiars
Down Time Familiars
Kick Starter Familiars
The Boolean
And any others I did not list that we do not fight in the coliseum.

This way the Bestiary would be something that could be completed while the Menagerie may not be.

A description of a Menagerie could be something like.

"A Collection of Rare and exquisite Familiars that you have worked on collecting."

Any thoughts?

Since the bestiary is supposed to be.....
Quote:
Chronicles of the beasts you have encountered and collected!

it seems that it should be a list that includes the familiars that you actually face in the coliseum which is where you encounter them.

Perhaps what should happen then is kind of splitting the Bestiary into two separate lists one that includes all of the ones you actually encounter and one that includes ones you do not.

I would call the second one a Menagerie.

The Menagerie would include all Festival familiars that we collect and any other familiar that we can obtain that we do not encounter in the coliseum.

This would be

Gem Familiars
Swipp Trade Familiars
Baldwin Familiars
Down Time Familiars
Kick Starter Familiars
The Boolean
And any others I did not list that we do not fight in the coliseum.

This way the Bestiary would be something that could be completed while the Menagerie may not be.

A description of a Menagerie could be something like.

"A Collection of Rare and exquisite Familiars that you have worked on collecting."

Any thoughts?
Such a division might help with the unretire familiars because I can't complete the bestiary complaints.
Such a division might help with the unretire familiars because I can't complete the bestiary complaints.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support. It'd be very useful.
Support. It'd be very useful.
m59NfS2.png
I support this. While I never want to see the kickstarters (or any retired familiar) unretired, I would love to have a chance to complete one book myself :) I know new fams come out all the time, but at least it would feel more achievable.
I support this. While I never want to see the kickstarters (or any retired familiar) unretired, I would love to have a chance to complete one book myself :) I know new fams come out all the time, but at least it would feel more achievable.
Sure, why not.

It won't ease any of the collection anxiety, but it would be nice to see.
Sure, why not.

It won't ease any of the collection anxiety, but it would be nice to see.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
I support. It would make sense from a semantics standpoint.
I support. It would make sense from a semantics standpoint.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
Yes, I'd like this. Might reduce some of the drama about the bestiary.
Yes, I'd like this. Might reduce some of the drama about the bestiary.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
This actually seems like a very good compromise. The menagerie could have an option to toggle off familiars you don't have as well, since it's simply a place to "show off" familiars that are "rarer" then the ones in the coliseum.
This actually seems like a very good compromise. The menagerie could have an option to toggle off familiars you don't have as well, since it's simply a place to "show off" familiars that are "rarer" then the ones in the coliseum.
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
I don't like the idea of a separate list, but it'd help those who want to fill up their bestiary and can't...
so neutral support...
I don't like the idea of a separate list, but it'd help those who want to fill up their bestiary and can't...
so neutral support...
Stay awesome, everyone!

1 Dragon for Sale!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1523857

PS: For Dragon Share Forums, do not include dragons AFTER Brenna (Skydancer on Page 5). Thanks!
what about having a sub section in the bestiary itself called the Menagerie

Menagerie should also include retired familiars....*looks at the sprites*

and why don't we have an even increasing number of how many times we've encountered monsters appear in the bestiary..
what about having a sub section in the bestiary itself called the Menagerie

Menagerie should also include retired familiars....*looks at the sprites*

and why don't we have an even increasing number of how many times we've encountered monsters appear in the bestiary..
1 2 3