Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Differentiate btwn Progens/Gen 1's
It would be nice to have a little icon (next to the Familiar/Element/Sex/Cooldown icons) that would indicate that a dragon is one of the two progens in a user's lair, vs. a Gen 1 that was hatched from a found egg. Many users rearrange their dergs so that their progens are not in the first two slots of Page One (or if you were dumb like me and you exalted your random progen while you were still a n00b).

It's not a super priority, but if this was a thing that was implemented I would really love it. :) Not only to show, for example, that Momma Lull is my clan's Matriarch, but also because when I'm looking through another user's dergs, I would genuinely like to see which one they chose for their custom progen, and what they've done with genes and such... it's really interesting to me for some reason and I doubt I'm alone in that!

(Sorry if this has been suggested already; I couldn't find anything on the first several pages of the forum)
It would be nice to have a little icon (next to the Familiar/Element/Sex/Cooldown icons) that would indicate that a dragon is one of the two progens in a user's lair, vs. a Gen 1 that was hatched from a found egg. Many users rearrange their dergs so that their progens are not in the first two slots of Page One (or if you were dumb like me and you exalted your random progen while you were still a n00b).

It's not a super priority, but if this was a thing that was implemented I would really love it. :) Not only to show, for example, that Momma Lull is my clan's Matriarch, but also because when I'm looking through another user's dergs, I would genuinely like to see which one they chose for their custom progen, and what they've done with genes and such... it's really interesting to me for some reason and I doubt I'm alone in that!

(Sorry if this has been suggested already; I couldn't find anything on the first several pages of the forum)
hEgtius.png
I'd prefer for it to stay the way it is, I assume some amount of people don't want others to know the difference (I wouldn't want my progen to be marked specifically as a progen). You can always try to figure out if a dragon is a progen based on their ID number if you really want to know.
I'd prefer for it to stay the way it is, I assume some amount of people don't want others to know the difference (I wouldn't want my progen to be marked specifically as a progen). You can always try to figure out if a dragon is a progen based on their ID number if you really want to know.
@chespin what if it was a toggle-able thing? I get what you're saying. I could always snoop around a dragons hatch date and compare it to the user's start date, but I just think it would be nice to be have a little icon for those who want to show off their progens. c:
@chespin what if it was a toggle-able thing? I get what you're saying. I could always snoop around a dragons hatch date and compare it to the user's start date, but I just think it would be nice to be have a little icon for those who want to show off their progens. c:
hEgtius.png
I mean like, my surviving progen is "just" a Tundra with a basic tert (bc although her tert isn't a terrible color, I'm kind of waiting for better terts to be released before I add one... also I want to keep her as a Tundra bc she's beautiful as a floof and I love her accent) but I'd still a little something to set her apart from the other Gen 1's in my lair, y'know?
I mean like, my surviving progen is "just" a Tundra with a basic tert (bc although her tert isn't a terrible color, I'm kind of waiting for better terts to be released before I add one... also I want to keep her as a Tundra bc she's beautiful as a floof and I love her accent) but I'd still a little something to set her apart from the other Gen 1's in my lair, y'know?
hEgtius.png
[quote name="lindentea" date=2015-12-21 13:50:30] @ chespin what if it was a toggle-able thing? I get what you're saying. I could always snoop around a dragons hatch date and compare it to the user's start date, but I just think it would be nice to be have a little icon for those who want to show off their progens. c: [/quote] [color=#585c4f] I've got no reason not to support a toggle- I also wouldn't mind either way if the icon was only visible to the dragon owner but I think that defeats the purpose of the suggestion. It's just I have a sort of "fake" progen (not my actual progen) and I wouldn't want to be face to face with the fact that they're not my actual progen unless I had the option to toggle the icon off XD
lindentea wrote on 2015-12-21:
@ chespin what if it was a toggle-able thing? I get what you're saying. I could always snoop around a dragons hatch date and compare it to the user's start date, but I just think it would be nice to be have a little icon for those who want to show off their progens. c:

I've got no reason not to support a toggle- I also wouldn't mind either way if the icon was only visible to the dragon owner but I think that defeats the purpose of the suggestion.

It's just I have a sort of "fake" progen (not my actual progen) and I wouldn't want to be face to face with the fact that they're not my actual progen unless I had the option to toggle the icon off XD