Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Brew specific materials in Baldwin
The ability to get any rarity of material from reducing a given item is great! But if you're sick of waiting to finally get your rare gunk, wouldn't it be nice to have a way to guarantee it?

I suggest the idea of being able to throw two other Baldwin materials in the cauldron for a guaranteed outcome of one other material. Need blue ooze? Reduce a green with a yellow and voila! Need a gold muck? Alchemize some silver and copper to make it happen! It would be a little more expensive but a great option for those who don't like to gamble.
The ability to get any rarity of material from reducing a given item is great! But if you're sick of waiting to finally get your rare gunk, wouldn't it be nice to have a way to guarantee it?

I suggest the idea of being able to throw two other Baldwin materials in the cauldron for a guaranteed outcome of one other material. Need blue ooze? Reduce a green with a yellow and voila! Need a gold muck? Alchemize some silver and copper to make it happen! It would be a little more expensive but a great option for those who don't like to gamble.
You'd need more than one green and a yellow to get a blue. Blue is meant to be rare while yellow and green...clearly are not.

It would be closer to 10 green and 10 yellows.
You'd need more than one green and a yellow to get a blue. Blue is meant to be rare while yellow and green...clearly are not.

It would be closer to 10 green and 10 yellows.
The exchange rate would have to be much higher than those suggested. For example in a previous suggestion, the following idea came up which would work nicely. [quote name="gemajgall" date=2015-07-17 04:56:44] I like the idea of using commoner sludges to make rarer sludges. Start with X green to make yellow, then X yellow to make orange and so on up until blue. Of course, if users already have a lot of purple, they can skip right to brewing blue, but it gives people a way to work for sludges of all rarities (except the most common...) [/quote]
The exchange rate would have to be much higher than those suggested. For example in a previous suggestion, the following idea came up which would work nicely.
gemajgall wrote on 2015-07-17:
I like the idea of using commoner sludges to make rarer sludges. Start with X green to make yellow, then X yellow to make orange and so on up until blue. Of course, if users already have a lot of purple, they can skip right to brewing blue, but it gives people a way to work for sludges of all rarities (except the most common...)

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-12-14 07:10:27] The exchange rate would have to be much higher than those suggested. For example in a previous suggestion, the following idea came up which would work nicely. [quote name="gemajgall" date=2015-07-17 04:56:44] I like the idea of using commoner sludges to make rarer sludges. Start with X green to make yellow, then X yellow to make orange and so on up until blue. Of course, if users already have a lot of purple, they can skip right to brewing blue, but it gives people a way to work for sludges of all rarities (except the most common...) [/quote] [/quote] I could defenitely support this. I would also like to have the ability to reverse this (i.e. a way to make a rare material into one or multiple less rare materials.) Of course the ratios of exchange should be so that you can't endlessly cycle less rare into rare and back without transmuting new stuff.
DragonSage wrote on 2015-12-14:
The exchange rate would have to be much higher than those suggested. For example in a previous suggestion, the following idea came up which would work nicely.
gemajgall wrote on 2015-07-17:
I like the idea of using commoner sludges to make rarer sludges. Start with X green to make yellow, then X yellow to make orange and so on up until blue. Of course, if users already have a lot of purple, they can skip right to brewing blue, but it gives people a way to work for sludges of all rarities (except the most common...)

I could defenitely support this.

I would also like to have the ability to reverse this (i.e. a way to make a rare material into one or multiple less rare materials.) Of course the ratios of exchange should be so that you can't endlessly cycle less rare into rare and back without transmuting new stuff.
Oh, thanks for the quote! It saves me what I was going to suggest.

Yeah, I don't support an easy "trade green in for blue" because of the economics of it all. But I do support a way to work towards blue.
Oh, thanks for the quote! It saves me what I was going to suggest.

Yeah, I don't support an easy "trade green in for blue" because of the economics of it all. But I do support a way to work towards blue.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Ooh, gemajgall's suggestion sounds great.
Ooh, gemajgall's suggestion sounds great.
@ismaiel

I know. Full support for that.

What am I supposed to do with all of these darn purple materials. Give me green, give me yellow. I want to swim in a sea of green and yellow because they sell much better than red and purple.

Especially since people are gonna wants all of these greens and stuff to convert for "rarer" colors, making green more desirable, and they already sell very well. Imagine if this happens.
@ismaiel

I know. Full support for that.

What am I supposed to do with all of these darn purple materials. Give me green, give me yellow. I want to swim in a sea of green and yellow because they sell much better than red and purple.

Especially since people are gonna wants all of these greens and stuff to convert for "rarer" colors, making green more desirable, and they already sell very well. Imagine if this happens.
@Sopheroo

Yes.. I feel much the same way. Whenever I need green and yellor I'm converting stuff into reds and violetts. And when I somehow managed to get enough less rare materials (and sold the rares) the admins bring out interesting stuff that needs rare ingredience and i'm stuck with producing commons.

I sometimes think Baldwin knows...
@Sopheroo

Yes.. I feel much the same way. Whenever I need green and yellor I'm converting stuff into reds and violetts. And when I somehow managed to get enough less rare materials (and sold the rares) the admins bring out interesting stuff that needs rare ingredience and i'm stuck with producing commons.

I sometimes think Baldwin knows...
Yeah I am sure the FR devs would want to balance the recipes!
And just like any other Baldwin recipe they could add an additional treasure cost to preserve the prices of rarer tiers.
Yeah I am sure the FR devs would want to balance the recipes!
And just like any other Baldwin recipe they could add an additional treasure cost to preserve the prices of rarer tiers.