Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | One Page Lairs/Lair Groups
1 2
I joined Flight Rising during the November registration, and while I'm having a lot of fun with the site, it has some SERIOUS format issues.

My first grievance is the lair. It's sorted by pages, which might not be a huge deal if it wasn't limited to 15 dragons per page. It's super annoying. And then, if you do anything with a dragon (exalting, mainly) you get booted back to page 1, regardless of where you're at. It's so annoying. And arranging the lair is absolutely the worst. Edit: I think it would be easiest and most inclusive to have an option to choose how many dragons per page you see. It could be done on a personal, or by-lair basis. It could be anywhere from 15 (the current) to 100 for people who want one long page. That seems like the best way to make everyone happy.

Along with that, being able to sort my Dragons into groups would be amazing! I ove to be organized, so if I could have a few groups for my dragons (Battlers, Babies, Favorites, Exalt, Etc.) that I could pull up and see at a glance would make my experience a lot better. It would also be a lot easier for breeders and people who sell dragons frequently. (A "For Sale" group.)

If Wajas can do it, so can you, Flight Rising.

Also Coliseum hotkeys. Oh my god coliseum hotkeys.
I joined Flight Rising during the November registration, and while I'm having a lot of fun with the site, it has some SERIOUS format issues.

My first grievance is the lair. It's sorted by pages, which might not be a huge deal if it wasn't limited to 15 dragons per page. It's super annoying. And then, if you do anything with a dragon (exalting, mainly) you get booted back to page 1, regardless of where you're at. It's so annoying. And arranging the lair is absolutely the worst. Edit: I think it would be easiest and most inclusive to have an option to choose how many dragons per page you see. It could be done on a personal, or by-lair basis. It could be anywhere from 15 (the current) to 100 for people who want one long page. That seems like the best way to make everyone happy.

Along with that, being able to sort my Dragons into groups would be amazing! I ove to be organized, so if I could have a few groups for my dragons (Battlers, Babies, Favorites, Exalt, Etc.) that I could pull up and see at a glance would make my experience a lot better. It would also be a lot easier for breeders and people who sell dragons frequently. (A "For Sale" group.)

If Wajas can do it, so can you, Flight Rising.

Also Coliseum hotkeys. Oh my god coliseum hotkeys.
A yes to most suggestion.

I'd love coli hotkeys and hope they will implement them when they rewrite the coliseum!

Also Lairspace arranging. I can understand that a lot of people want to have a different lair layout. From 4 spaces per row to more dragons per page - everything understand and supportable.

But there should be a way to let other users choose too. i'magine being on a limited internet connection and having to load someones 130 dragons all on one page - the horror! Its oftentimes hard enouggh for me with just 15 dragons to load. So there defenitely needs to be a option for this either.

Lair tabs or groups has been brought on often. Still support it.
A yes to most suggestion.

I'd love coli hotkeys and hope they will implement them when they rewrite the coliseum!

Also Lairspace arranging. I can understand that a lot of people want to have a different lair layout. From 4 spaces per row to more dragons per page - everything understand and supportable.

But there should be a way to let other users choose too. i'magine being on a limited internet connection and having to load someones 130 dragons all on one page - the horror! Its oftentimes hard enouggh for me with just 15 dragons to load. So there defenitely needs to be a option for this either.

Lair tabs or groups has been brought on often. Still support it.
@Ahliera
I like the way our lairs are organized, though I wouldn't mind more customization options. And I agree that lair arranging needs a lot of work.

Support for the coliseum hotkeys as well. :)
@Ahliera
I like the way our lairs are organized, though I wouldn't mind more customization options. And I agree that lair arranging needs a lot of work.

Support for the coliseum hotkeys as well. :)
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

@Ismaiel @Fantelle
Thank you for the support!

I think it would be easiest and most inclusive to have an option to choose how many dragons per page you see. It could be done on a personal, or by-lair basis. It could be anywhere from 15 (the current) to 100 for people who want one long page. That seems like the best way to make everyone happy.
@Ismaiel @Fantelle
Thank you for the support!

I think it would be easiest and most inclusive to have an option to choose how many dragons per page you see. It could be done on a personal, or by-lair basis. It could be anywhere from 15 (the current) to 100 for people who want one long page. That seems like the best way to make everyone happy.
I'd like more organization options in relation to lair layouts, but I kinda think separate groups would be way too creepy. However, I get that it'd be convenient, so my one nay needn't stop progress.
I'd like more organization options in relation to lair layouts, but I kinda think separate groups would be way too creepy. However, I get that it'd be convenient, so my one nay needn't stop progress.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
Sorry No support

This is not Wajas.

I am used to my lair as it is. About the only thing I would like to see is no matter how you accept a dragon into your lair it appears in the first open space on the last page.

When your lair is larger than another and you accept a crossroads the dragon can go anywhere and mess up your arrangement. When you buy from the Auction House it goes to the back of your lair. Other than that change to make crossroads also go to the back of your lair I think our lair system is fine as it has been since 2013.
Sorry No support

This is not Wajas.

I am used to my lair as it is. About the only thing I would like to see is no matter how you accept a dragon into your lair it appears in the first open space on the last page.

When your lair is larger than another and you accept a crossroads the dragon can go anywhere and mess up your arrangement. When you buy from the Auction House it goes to the back of your lair. Other than that change to make crossroads also go to the back of your lair I think our lair system is fine as it has been since 2013.
There's no good reason I can think of to not have more ways to customize your lair layout, including the option to put dragons into different groups.

Making organization and arrangement of the dragons a bit smoother would be fine too.

And if the current layout is to your preference, I'm sure a way to keep things as is would be in place. I personally would like more fluidity.
There's no good reason I can think of to not have more ways to customize your lair layout, including the option to put dragons into different groups.

Making organization and arrangement of the dragons a bit smoother would be fine too.

And if the current layout is to your preference, I'm sure a way to keep things as is would be in place. I personally would like more fluidity.
2qkpb88.jpg
[quote name="Qnyxz" date=2015-12-13 14:23:22] Sorry No support This is not Wajas. I am used to my lair as it is. [/quote] @Qnyxz But if it's made more customizable then you'd [b]still [/b]be able to have your lair the way it is now, wouldn't you? That's the whole point of the suggestion as I understood it, that users could choose themselves if they wanted to display the 15 dragons per page as we have to do today or if they wanted to display a longer list of dragons. Really, the only thing I can see in the suggestion that would change how you experience your lair is the bit about not getting sent back to page 1 of your lair after exalting something in the back pages.
Qnyxz wrote on 2015-12-13:
Sorry No support

This is not Wajas.

I am used to my lair as it is.
@Qnyxz
But if it's made more customizable then you'd still be able to have your lair the way it is now, wouldn't you? That's the whole point of the suggestion as I understood it, that users could choose themselves if they wanted to display the 15 dragons per page as we have to do today or if they wanted to display a longer list of dragons. Really, the only thing I can see in the suggestion that would change how you experience your lair is the bit about not getting sent back to page 1 of your lair after exalting something in the back pages.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
More than 15 dragons per page - Tentative Support
I would support this fine so long as the "default" number of dragons per page shows for other users visiting your lair. I wouldn't want to visit someone's lair to check out their dragons for sale on mobile and have BAM 100 dragons all at once that my poor old phone has to try to load.

I also know that a lot of people also wish for an even number of dragons per row, say 4, so that they can arrange into pairs. I don't really care so long as we have an option to stay the same if we want. I personally wouldn't want that because the odd row of 1-3 at the end (since expansions are always in sets of 5) would personally bother me.

Basically, I wouldn't care if they implemented a lair layout customization option, although I wouldn't use it personally.

Separating into Groups - Support
There's an old, often supported section of being able to separate your dragons into different tabs. I think this would be wonderful for keeping permanent dragons distinct from project dragons distinct from exalt fodder.

Coliseum Hotkeys - I believe this is coming in the coliseum rewrite they are working on.
More than 15 dragons per page - Tentative Support
I would support this fine so long as the "default" number of dragons per page shows for other users visiting your lair. I wouldn't want to visit someone's lair to check out their dragons for sale on mobile and have BAM 100 dragons all at once that my poor old phone has to try to load.

I also know that a lot of people also wish for an even number of dragons per row, say 4, so that they can arrange into pairs. I don't really care so long as we have an option to stay the same if we want. I personally wouldn't want that because the odd row of 1-3 at the end (since expansions are always in sets of 5) would personally bother me.

Basically, I wouldn't care if they implemented a lair layout customization option, although I wouldn't use it personally.

Separating into Groups - Support
There's an old, often supported section of being able to separate your dragons into different tabs. I think this would be wonderful for keeping permanent dragons distinct from project dragons distinct from exalt fodder.

Coliseum Hotkeys - I believe this is coming in the coliseum rewrite they are working on.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@Aryllia

Yes I would still be able to have my lair the way it is currently, but having the ability to customize the lairs may actually be a burden on the server because there would need to be a way for different data for every player's customized setting where currently we have one template that everyone uses which is certainly easier on the system.

Many players come here from other games like Wajas, or Lionden or other sites and want to have this site feel like that one. I am so glad it does not. Flight Rising is unique and to have it like Wajas or any other site would IMO make it less unique.

If the Administration wishes to change the lairs, I am sure it will be as a part of an upgrade and a way to streamline things to be the least burden on the servers. Customization does not fit into that because of the additional data it would require to keep when it comes to the individual lair setting preferences of every player, rather than just maintaining a standard lair template as it does now.

It may be possible to offer a few lair lay out template options but full customization would be difficult to implement anyway.
@Aryllia

Yes I would still be able to have my lair the way it is currently, but having the ability to customize the lairs may actually be a burden on the server because there would need to be a way for different data for every player's customized setting where currently we have one template that everyone uses which is certainly easier on the system.

Many players come here from other games like Wajas, or Lionden or other sites and want to have this site feel like that one. I am so glad it does not. Flight Rising is unique and to have it like Wajas or any other site would IMO make it less unique.

If the Administration wishes to change the lairs, I am sure it will be as a part of an upgrade and a way to streamline things to be the least burden on the servers. Customization does not fit into that because of the additional data it would require to keep when it comes to the individual lair setting preferences of every player, rather than just maintaining a standard lair template as it does now.

It may be possible to offer a few lair lay out template options but full customization would be difficult to implement anyway.
1 2