Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Holiday Apparel
1 2 3
I love the increasing variety of apparel on the site, but I am upset that I cannot make my dragons look more like the holidays they are supposed to represent.

I know this is a minor thing and it would just be apparel additions, but I think there should be holiday apparel. Not festival apparel for the flights, but holiday apparel.

Throw in some tinsel wraps for Christmas and a star hat. Maybe an ugly Christmas sweater. Add some Kwanzaa and Hanuka clothing (I don't honestly know what that would be). Perhaps add some costumes for Halloween. They could be offered only around their respective holidays, similar to the season foreground blowing leaf things.

I know and understand that holidays are different around the world, but even a small selection would be pleasant.

I also know this effect is obtainable moderately through skins, but apparels give more variety and they don't cost an arm and leg.
I love the increasing variety of apparel on the site, but I am upset that I cannot make my dragons look more like the holidays they are supposed to represent.

I know this is a minor thing and it would just be apparel additions, but I think there should be holiday apparel. Not festival apparel for the flights, but holiday apparel.

Throw in some tinsel wraps for Christmas and a star hat. Maybe an ugly Christmas sweater. Add some Kwanzaa and Hanuka clothing (I don't honestly know what that would be). Perhaps add some costumes for Halloween. They could be offered only around their respective holidays, similar to the season foreground blowing leaf things.

I know and understand that holidays are different around the world, but even a small selection would be pleasant.

I also know this effect is obtainable moderately through skins, but apparels give more variety and they don't cost an arm and leg.
BxKG0Wm.pngCWeAHQD.png0JXAHR0.png
Generally Flight Rising does not put out holiday apparel because there are some players who do not celebrate Christmas.

Since there are so many different holidays around the world it would be unfair to focus on certain ones while not others.

Often though, users will make skins or accents that do celebrate holidays. It is not apparel, but it is something.

Sorry even though I could probably support this, I kind of doubt that it will be implemented.
Generally Flight Rising does not put out holiday apparel because there are some players who do not celebrate Christmas.

Since there are so many different holidays around the world it would be unfair to focus on certain ones while not others.

Often though, users will make skins or accents that do celebrate holidays. It is not apparel, but it is something.

Sorry even though I could probably support this, I kind of doubt that it will be implemented.
No support for actual reallife Holidays coming to FR. I can live with birds that drop feasts on a platter - even though I'd rather have them all year around or at least on a more broadscale 'thanksgiving time' instead of end of november since its only the US that celebrates it that late. In Europe and other continents the festiviteas of harvest are usually sooner.

But It would be really strange if FR would come to be a religious site in any way. Its nice NOT o have the constant blemish of RL religions in this game. It relaxing that the only religions that matter here are 11 elemental flights reigned by a living walking and (sometimes) talking dragon god.
No support for actual reallife Holidays coming to FR. I can live with birds that drop feasts on a platter - even though I'd rather have them all year around or at least on a more broadscale 'thanksgiving time' instead of end of november since its only the US that celebrates it that late. In Europe and other continents the festiviteas of harvest are usually sooner.

But It would be really strange if FR would come to be a religious site in any way. Its nice NOT o have the constant blemish of RL religions in this game. It relaxing that the only religions that matter here are 11 elemental flights reigned by a living walking and (sometimes) talking dragon god.
This is probably one of the few topics where I suggest 100% with Ismaiel.

There are so many other sites out there that will gush American holidays out of every pixel whether it's relevant to actual site content or not. I am extremely grateful to FR for sticking with it's own site lore and holidays rather than barf real world holidays over my screen.
This is probably one of the few topics where I suggest 100% with Ismaiel.

There are so many other sites out there that will gush American holidays out of every pixel whether it's relevant to actual site content or not. I am extremely grateful to FR for sticking with it's own site lore and holidays rather than barf real world holidays over my screen.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
I am afraid I have to agree with Qnyxz on this, I would love holiday apparel, but I don't really see it happening.

However, I don't really get why people assume that FR would stick to American Holidays. Sure, it is an American Based company, but the users could suggest their favorite holiday (along with apparel/familiar etc..) type ideas. If I was in charge of a site like this, I would be asking the users to give me ideas about their favorite holidays.

I am not suggesting FR actually celebrate those holidays, but apparel or familiars, even if they are available all year long and not just at the relevant times would be a nice addition to allow users that WANT to to dress up their dragons.

But, as Qnyxz said, probably won't happen.
I am afraid I have to agree with Qnyxz on this, I would love holiday apparel, but I don't really see it happening.

However, I don't really get why people assume that FR would stick to American Holidays. Sure, it is an American Based company, but the users could suggest their favorite holiday (along with apparel/familiar etc..) type ideas. If I was in charge of a site like this, I would be asking the users to give me ideas about their favorite holidays.

I am not suggesting FR actually celebrate those holidays, but apparel or familiars, even if they are available all year long and not just at the relevant times would be a nice addition to allow users that WANT to to dress up their dragons.

But, as Qnyxz said, probably won't happen.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Would lead to issues: Why christmas, and not yule (or jul, as it is called here?) You'd have to include all or none. The turkey is enough.
Would lead to issues: Why christmas, and not yule (or jul, as it is called here?) You'd have to include all or none. The turkey is enough.
66MHIIb.png
Could we think of some things that are festive, but multiuse? For instance, I would love a bunch of balloons as an apparel. That could be used by players for their birthdays, New Years, and probably other holidays. Likewise tinsel is probably not strictly an American decoration, other cultures must use sparkly stuff for decoration on their holidays. As a Light flight member, I'd also love some glitterfalls of many colors, which might also be useful for many different holidays. Candles would also be multiuse.

Kind of like many people use the sweaters we have now for various holidays.
Could we think of some things that are festive, but multiuse? For instance, I would love a bunch of balloons as an apparel. That could be used by players for their birthdays, New Years, and probably other holidays. Likewise tinsel is probably not strictly an American decoration, other cultures must use sparkly stuff for decoration on their holidays. As a Light flight member, I'd also love some glitterfalls of many colors, which might also be useful for many different holidays. Candles would also be multiuse.

Kind of like many people use the sweaters we have now for various holidays.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@Lightning

I was thinking things along that line as well, such as santa hats. they don't have to be called santa hats, just fur caps, and come in a variety of colors (ie red fur cap, blue fur cap etc...) and things along that order where not only is it multi use but relatively generic.
@Lightning

I was thinking things along that line as well, such as santa hats. they don't have to be called santa hats, just fur caps, and come in a variety of colors (ie red fur cap, blue fur cap etc...) and things along that order where not only is it multi use but relatively generic.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemandar, exactly! And I have a dragon that loves to wear all the new silly hats; he usually gets the elemental crowns for the flight holidays, floppy furry night caps would be right up his alley.
@Jemandar, exactly! And I have a dragon that loves to wear all the new silly hats; he usually gets the elemental crowns for the flight holidays, floppy furry night caps would be right up his alley.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
While I can see how making them relatively generic can be a workaround, I really don’t like the idea of including things that would remind others of human holidays. FR is really good for doing no human holiday, and I was already a bit disappointed that they have turkey. Take the example of furry hats, if they are generic enough that it would not remind a passerby of xmas then I can support, otherwise I’m sorry I cannot support this.
While I can see how making them relatively generic can be a workaround, I really don’t like the idea of including things that would remind others of human holidays. FR is really good for doing no human holiday, and I was already a bit disappointed that they have turkey. Take the example of furry hats, if they are generic enough that it would not remind a passerby of xmas then I can support, otherwise I’m sorry I cannot support this.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
1 2 3