Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | XP bonus during dominance
I think it would be really cool if the dominating flight got some xp bonus in Baldwin's Bubbling Brew and the Coliseum. Even just 5% would be nice. Or any amount, really.

Edit: OR there could be shorter brewing times for Baldwin's Bubbling Brew. I think that might be more plausible. That way, people who are level capped in brewing can still benefit from this perk.
I think it would be really cool if the dominating flight got some xp bonus in Baldwin's Bubbling Brew and the Coliseum. Even just 5% would be nice. Or any amount, really.

Edit: OR there could be shorter brewing times for Baldwin's Bubbling Brew. I think that might be more plausible. That way, people who are level capped in brewing can still benefit from this perk.
npc_pearl_by_dogi_crimson-dagobl4.gif hatchery_button_v2_by_amaranthine_immortal-d9qm22x.pngcomshep_by_edelity-db0z4ky.pngfc_magical_shard_by_dogi_crimson-daflo9u.gifnTbrA.gif aK5NZ.gif eqwXO.gifdeity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif
I feel like this would make dominance battles a bit too serious, especially making the coliseum easier.
I feel like this would make dominance battles a bit too serious, especially making the coliseum easier.
If I remember right, this used to happen. Well, it was supposed to, but it never worked right. So it got scrapped when Dom got revamped. Or maybe it was a stat boost instead of an experience boost. Either way, it didn't work right. So if this were to be brought back, the Coli itself would have to be fixed. (And I'm sure that's on the To Do list.)
If I remember right, this used to happen. Well, it was supposed to, but it never worked right. So it got scrapped when Dom got revamped. Or maybe it was a stat boost instead of an experience boost. Either way, it didn't work right. So if this were to be brought back, the Coli itself would have to be fixed. (And I'm sure that's on the To Do list.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2015-11-15 18:59:36] If I remember right, this used to happen. Well, it was supposed to, but it never worked right. So it got scrapped when Dom got revamped. Or maybe it was a stat boost instead of an experience boost. Either way, it didn't work right. So if this were to be brought back, the Coli itself would have to be fixed. (And I'm sure that's on the To Do list.) [/quote] It was stat boost. I think an exp bonus [i]sounds[/i] nice but it could potentially cause imbalance for dominance by giving the top flight(s) more sway in influencing the next week's dom. (ex. the top flight supports the next week's dom battle by being able to quickly funnel dragons into another flight) IDK, it could work though, if the percentage is low enough that it wouldn't cut a good number of battles for the typical exalt levels. From 1-25, a bonus would definitely be felt and appreciated. Baldwin progress could be more plausible since it's on a less globalized scale. Baldwin mats are always needed, so leveling up slightly faster shouldn't cause burn out (feeling less incentive to have a transmute in progress). The big ticket items are restricted by time and materials and there's frequent pauses in updates to allow for leveling up as well.
gemajgall wrote on 2015-11-15:
It was stat boost.
I think an exp bonus sounds nice but it could potentially cause imbalance for dominance by giving the top flight(s) more sway in influencing the next week's dom. (ex. the top flight supports the next week's dom battle by being able to quickly funnel dragons into another flight)

IDK, it could work though, if the percentage is low enough that it wouldn't cut a good number of battles for the typical exalt levels. From 1-25, a bonus would definitely be felt and appreciated.

Baldwin progress could be more plausible since it's on a less globalized scale. Baldwin mats are always needed, so leveling up slightly faster shouldn't cause burn out (feeling less incentive to have a transmute in progress). The big ticket items are restricted by time and materials and there's frequent pauses in updates to allow for leveling up as well.

+2 FR time (Central)
I guess that's a good point, about exalting bonuses possibly skewing the next week's standings.

I would honestly be more interested in a Baldwin xp bonus. Or maybe slightly reduced times, that would be nice! That way once people are level capped, they can still benefit from it.
I guess that's a good point, about exalting bonuses possibly skewing the next week's standings.

I would honestly be more interested in a Baldwin xp bonus. Or maybe slightly reduced times, that would be nice! That way once people are level capped, they can still benefit from it.
npc_pearl_by_dogi_crimson-dagobl4.gif hatchery_button_v2_by_amaranthine_immortal-d9qm22x.pngcomshep_by_edelity-db0z4ky.pngfc_magical_shard_by_dogi_crimson-daflo9u.gifnTbrA.gif aK5NZ.gif eqwXO.gifdeity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif