Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Homemade Hatchling Clothing
I am aware of the problems with making apparel for the babies: specifically having to make it for every single type of dragon baby.

I propose the creation of Baby Clothing Blueprints in the gem market place, which would be a species bound like skins and accents, but would allow coloring 'outside the lines.'

A person could then make baby clothing for babies using it and apply it like a skin to eternally youthful dragons and hatchlings of the proper type.

The artists don't have to do anything, because it's all on the players. It could go through the same approval process as skins and accents.

Because they are homemade there is no reason for the clothing to fit all babies, some dragon made it specifically for that bae.
I am aware of the problems with making apparel for the babies: specifically having to make it for every single type of dragon baby.

I propose the creation of Baby Clothing Blueprints in the gem market place, which would be a species bound like skins and accents, but would allow coloring 'outside the lines.'

A person could then make baby clothing for babies using it and apply it like a skin to eternally youthful dragons and hatchlings of the proper type.

The artists don't have to do anything, because it's all on the players. It could go through the same approval process as skins and accents.

Because they are homemade there is no reason for the clothing to fit all babies, some dragon made it specifically for that bae.
Sorry no support.

I don't really support any 'apparel' idea by users. There are too many problems inherent in it.

Plus, the site WOULD have to do something. It would have to enable clothing for hatchlings, and then there is a problem, unless it is ONLY for EY babies, of the baby growing up while still wearing the clothing.

if you want skins/accents for EY babies and items to be done outside the lines, that is one thing, but 'apparel' should be universal to all dragons (if they allow hatchlings to ever wear apparel, they could limit it to adult/hatchling).

The problem isn't with the concept, but what it is being called. This could get very confusing to people when they buy this 'apparel' or 'clothing' for babies and find out it isn't for THEIR baby. Since skins/accents are handled differently, people can easily find out that skin/accents aren't universal.
Sorry no support.

I don't really support any 'apparel' idea by users. There are too many problems inherent in it.

Plus, the site WOULD have to do something. It would have to enable clothing for hatchlings, and then there is a problem, unless it is ONLY for EY babies, of the baby growing up while still wearing the clothing.

if you want skins/accents for EY babies and items to be done outside the lines, that is one thing, but 'apparel' should be universal to all dragons (if they allow hatchlings to ever wear apparel, they could limit it to adult/hatchling).

The problem isn't with the concept, but what it is being called. This could get very confusing to people when they buy this 'apparel' or 'clothing' for babies and find out it isn't for THEIR baby. Since skins/accents are handled differently, people can easily find out that skin/accents aren't universal.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Like Jemadar I don't support user made apparel. I do think eternal hatchlings should have more perks (I'd love to have skin/accents for them)
Like Jemadar I don't support user made apparel. I do think eternal hatchlings should have more perks (I'd love to have skin/accents for them)
Mm, no support. I would like to see clothing for hatchlings and skins/accents for hatchlings, but one of the things I like about the site is the relative stylistic consistency of the art. The constraints on skin creation keep even user art from seeming like it doesn't belong, but sites I see that have that degree of user customization tend to pick up a lot of different artists' styles in a way that kind of...they're not individually bad-looking by any means, but lumping them together makes them look unpolished. It draws the eye to the differences and detracts from all the art involved.

Different lineart styles, different shading styles, different coloring styles, etc etc. Skins and accents have the control of the site lines and shading in place, but trying to moderate accent submissions for style on top of everything else would be a headache for everyone involved, site-side and artist-side.
Mm, no support. I would like to see clothing for hatchlings and skins/accents for hatchlings, but one of the things I like about the site is the relative stylistic consistency of the art. The constraints on skin creation keep even user art from seeming like it doesn't belong, but sites I see that have that degree of user customization tend to pick up a lot of different artists' styles in a way that kind of...they're not individually bad-looking by any means, but lumping them together makes them look unpolished. It draws the eye to the differences and detracts from all the art involved.

Different lineart styles, different shading styles, different coloring styles, etc etc. Skins and accents have the control of the site lines and shading in place, but trying to moderate accent submissions for style on top of everything else would be a headache for everyone involved, site-side and artist-side.
iiJfkW7.pngHYKufkZ.png8H57y7U.png