Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "vacation mode" or s/t for clan ene
1 2
precisely what it says, an option to put a "freeze" on the game or something or just keep it at 80% for a selected number of days, every time i come back from being out of town where of course it's hard to get in a position where i can get on here, have a computer and internet access, and dedicate precious minutes to clicking a whole lot of things, every day or nearly that often

of course there would be abuse preventive measures like disallowing all play of the game while the mode is activated and you can only do it every so often or whatever i dont really care

just really is a bummer to come back from a funeral trip to 78% clan energy and have to be penalized for 3 days afterwards while it builds back up
precisely what it says, an option to put a "freeze" on the game or something or just keep it at 80% for a selected number of days, every time i come back from being out of town where of course it's hard to get in a position where i can get on here, have a computer and internet access, and dedicate precious minutes to clicking a whole lot of things, every day or nearly that often

of course there would be abuse preventive measures like disallowing all play of the game while the mode is activated and you can only do it every so often or whatever i dont really care

just really is a bummer to come back from a funeral trip to 78% clan energy and have to be penalized for 3 days afterwards while it builds back up
tumblr_nr38dsDQvp1rhehigo1_250.png tumblr_nr381zcJlY1rhehigo1_250.png
No support, the bonus is there as an incentive to log in. There is no penalty for not logging in. You can get your bonus back in three days.

It's a bonus, not having it isn't a penalty
No support, the bonus is there as an incentive to log in. There is no penalty for not logging in. You can get your bonus back in three days.

I support some type of Lodge feature where users can pay X treasure per dragon per day to feed them while they're on vacation. This would help as some users have a super hard time returning from a long hiatus and getting their starving dragons fed enough to enter the Coli and earn more food. However, I believe that if the Lodge feature were implemented, it would automatically cost those users their well fed daily bonus. The bonus is to encourage daily use, so people who aren't on daily shouldn't get it. In this scenario, the Lodge would act as a treasure sink and would help those who know they're taking long, planned absences (such as vacation, although it wouldn't help for a medical emergency) but it also wouldn't be "paying the game to play itself" as it were.

I suppose some users who were really, really struggling to feed their dragons could use this type of Lodge to feed the dragons at the cost of their daily bonus. But it would come at a fair trade off, IMO. (I hope I made sense. I feel like I'm rambling.)
I support some type of Lodge feature where users can pay X treasure per dragon per day to feed them while they're on vacation. This would help as some users have a super hard time returning from a long hiatus and getting their starving dragons fed enough to enter the Coli and earn more food. However, I believe that if the Lodge feature were implemented, it would automatically cost those users their well fed daily bonus. The bonus is to encourage daily use, so people who aren't on daily shouldn't get it. In this scenario, the Lodge would act as a treasure sink and would help those who know they're taking long, planned absences (such as vacation, although it wouldn't help for a medical emergency) but it also wouldn't be "paying the game to play itself" as it were.

I suppose some users who were really, really struggling to feed their dragons could use this type of Lodge to feed the dragons at the cost of their daily bonus. But it would come at a fair trade off, IMO. (I hope I made sense. I feel like I'm rambling.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
well dont yall feel all morally high n' mighty

and how does this affect you, exactly? how would it negatively impact you were it implemented?

just tryna put out the fact that it sucks, often makes me want to abandon the game as it's simply too much clickwork to get enjoyment out of without the bonus (not that it's not already a heck of a lot of clickwork even with the bonus)

btw i was referencing the official item desc for that one apple that says "an apple a day keeps energy penalties away" with my use of the term penalty

and how does this affect you, exactly? how would it negatively impact you were it implemented?

just tryna put out the fact that it sucks, often makes me want to abandon the game as it's simply too much clickwork to get enjoyment out of without the bonus (not that it's not already a heck of a lot of clickwork even with the bonus)

btw i was referencing the official item desc for that one apple that says "an apple a day keeps energy penalties away" with my use of the term penalty
tumblr_nr38dsDQvp1rhehigo1_250.png tumblr_nr381zcJlY1rhehigo1_250.png
I think the 'energy penalties' the apple is describing would be the inability to breed/Coli when a dragon becomes too weak.

And I have to agree with gemajgall. There could probably be a Lodge of some sort to keep up the energy percent, helping people that take longer leaves, or just have tons of dragons, get back up to 100%, but I don't think the person should keep their bonus over it. The point of the bonus is to convince people to log in every day, after all, so the game would be defeating itself if it gave any lenience to it. Its like the Pinkerton Pile: the game put it there specifically to get people to log in every day.

So yes, while it is sad to lose it, if you aren't in a hard spot like being absent long enough to get down to 0 you will get it back in 3 days. So really all you miss is 3 gems, 750tr, and 15 gathering turns. That's not a whole lot of a miss.

I think the 'energy penalties' the apple is describing would be the inability to breed/Coli when a dragon becomes too weak.

And I have to agree with gemajgall. There could probably be a Lodge of some sort to keep up the energy percent, helping people that take longer leaves, or just have tons of dragons, get back up to 100%, but I don't think the person should keep their bonus over it. The point of the bonus is to convince people to log in every day, after all, so the game would be defeating itself if it gave any lenience to it. Its like the Pinkerton Pile: the game put it there specifically to get people to log in every day.

So yes, while it is sad to lose it, if you aren't in a hard spot like being absent long enough to get down to 0 you will get it back in 3 days. So really all you miss is 3 gems, 750tr, and 15 gathering turns. That's not a whole lot of a miss.

eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
imo, vacation mode should exist, but leave people automatically at something like 60% or 70%. Not 80%. The extra gathering turns are a form of thanks for logging on a frequent basis and giving FR regular support.

I'm fine with people on hiatus not having to go and deplete all of their food stores for weeks, but I don't think people should hiatus mode their way to permanent bonus.
imo, vacation mode should exist, but leave people automatically at something like 60% or 70%. Not 80%. The extra gathering turns are a form of thanks for logging on a frequent basis and giving FR regular support.

I'm fine with people on hiatus not having to go and deplete all of their food stores for weeks, but I don't think people should hiatus mode their way to permanent bonus.
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-11-13 16:07:21] No support, the bonus is there as an incentive to log in. There is no penalty for not logging in. You can get your bonus back in three days. It's a bonus, not having it isn't a penalty [/quote]
chespin wrote on 2015-11-13:

FRshadowbanner50px_zps4a303dbf.png
+4 FR Time
3DS FC - 1891-1351-5222 / Minxy
Switch FC - SW-4954-7180-5611 / Ali
@777

It's not about whether it would negatively impact us. It's about whether we--the general public of Flight Rising--feel this is a feature that would be worth the time, effort, and paid hours to code, produce images for, and balance.

The bonus is not that huge, and it's only for three days. I personally keep huge backlogs of food in case just such a thing arises where I have to not be on for a few days. It's not something that needs a whole new big thing to "fix".

So I'm not supporting.
@777

It's not about whether it would negatively impact us. It's about whether we--the general public of Flight Rising--feel this is a feature that would be worth the time, effort, and paid hours to code, produce images for, and balance.

The bonus is not that huge, and it's only for three days. I personally keep huge backlogs of food in case just such a thing arises where I have to not be on for a few days. It's not something that needs a whole new big thing to "fix".

So I'm not supporting.
[center][quote name="777" date=2015-11-13 16:17:19] well dont yall feel all morally high n' mighty and how does this affect you, exactly? how would it negatively impact you were it implemented? just tryna put out the fact that it sucks, often makes me want to abandon the game as it's simply too much clickwork to get enjoyment out of without the bonus (not that it's not already a heck of a lot of clickwork even with the bonus) btw i was referencing the official item desc for that one apple that says "an apple a day keeps energy penalties away" with my use of the term penalty [/quote] @777 The whole point of the login, as @chespin said, is to give a small reward for players that take the time out of their day to login. It's a bonus for active players, not for people who just want to 'freeze' their account. And it's not about negatively affecting other players, it's about taking something that rewards active players and stomping it into the ground just because some players arent active enough to login every day. No support. [/center]
777 wrote on 2015-11-13:

@777
The whole point of the login, as @chespin said, is to give a small reward for players that take the time out of their day to login. It's a bonus for active players, not for people who just want to 'freeze' their account.
And it's not about negatively affecting other players, it's about taking something that rewards active players and stomping it into the ground just because some players arent active enough to login every day.
No support.
[quote name="@777" date=2015-11-13 16:17:19] well dont yall feel all morally high n' mighty and how does this affect you, exactly? how would it negatively impact you were it implemented? just tryna put out the fact that it sucks, often makes me want to abandon the game as it's simply too much clickwork to get enjoyment out of without the bonus (not that it's not already a heck of a lot of clickwork even with the bonus) btw i was referencing the official item desc for that one apple that says "an apple a day keeps energy penalties away" with my use of the term penalty [/quote] I apologize if you misinterpreted my no support as a personal attack. Morality has nothing to do with my opinion. I see you're in nature flight, we have a food bank if a lack of food after the three days gone is/was a problem. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs10/1457425]Here's a link to it[/url], I and the other folks there would be happy to help you.
@777 wrote on 2015-11-13:

I apologize if you misinterpreted my no support as a personal attack. Morality has nothing to do with my opinion. I see you're in nature flight, we have a food bank if a lack of food after the three days gone is/was a problem. Here's a link to it, I and the other folks there would be happy to help you.
1 2