Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | !New Tertiary Gene: Scales!
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-11-12 17:11:10] I feel this would be better suited for an accent rather than a gene [/quote]
chespin wrote on 2015-11-12:
I feel this would be better suited for an accent rather than a gene
T h y l a c i n u s , # 8 1 5 9 9
@Dragonfire Yeah it doesn't help that I copied the tumblr thumbnail instead of the full image so it's small and you can't really see the details. I posted a larger version higher up on page 2 if you wanna check it out. I'm working on trying some new places to add scales. Right now on the Tundra I'm working on I put scales on the beginning of the wings, it looks pretty swanky. I'll do an example with black since that sounds awesome what you described. Since you're interested, would you like a ping when new art shows up? [quote name="Nebulae" date=2015-11-13 17:33:13] I think that'd be better as an accent rather than a gene. [/quote] @Nebulae Please explain.
@Dragonfire

Yeah it doesn't help that I copied the tumblr thumbnail instead of the full image so it's small and you can't really see the details. I posted a larger version higher up on page 2 if you wanna check it out.

I'm working on trying some new places to add scales. Right now on the Tundra I'm working on I put scales on the beginning of the wings, it looks pretty swanky. I'll do an example with black since that sounds awesome what you described.

Since you're interested, would you like a ping when new art shows up?
Nebulae wrote on 2015-11-13:
I think that'd be better as an accent rather than a gene.

@Nebulae

Please explain.
No traveling dragons please!
@Misplaced

In my opinion, it just doesn't seem like it'd work on certain breeds, and the art in general just feels more like an accent to me? I dunno.
@Misplaced

In my opinion, it just doesn't seem like it'd work on certain breeds, and the art in general just feels more like an accent to me? I dunno.
I9uZ2ky.png
@Nebulae

Thanks for the reply!

For the breeds we're going to do others so you'll see how I hypothetically think it would work on a tundra next. Who else do you think is a 'problem breed'?

For the art well... I'm trying to do it in FR style but I'm not an expert yet! Obviously the FR staff would do it in their own style and put their own spin on it. Unless you're talking about the design?
@Nebulae

Thanks for the reply!

For the breeds we're going to do others so you'll see how I hypothetically think it would work on a tundra next. Who else do you think is a 'problem breed'?

For the art well... I'm trying to do it in FR style but I'm not an expert yet! Obviously the FR staff would do it in their own style and put their own spin on it. Unless you're talking about the design?
@Misplaced

The first breed that came to my mind as a "problem" breed was a Tundra. Snappers might also look odd because their legs are just so large.

And I was referring to the art, but yeah, the staff will make it into FR style.
@Misplaced

The first breed that came to my mind as a "problem" breed was a Tundra. Snappers might also look odd because their legs are just so large.

And I was referring to the art, but yeah, the staff will make it into FR style.
I9uZ2ky.png
@Misplaced

Sure, I'll take a ping when there's new art!

Also EDIT: Now that I've seen it it's pretty obviously not okapi. xD
@Misplaced

Sure, I'll take a ping when there's new art!

Also EDIT: Now that I've seen it it's pretty obviously not okapi. xD
New art of the Tundras, here's the blog post.

@MikayD18

More stuff for the front posts!

@Nebulae

I shall work on snappers next, then. Hopefully they won't be too awkward.

@DragonFire

I used the colors of okapi for the mirrors so that's understandable!
New art of the Tundras, here's the blog post.

@MikayD18

More stuff for the front posts!

@Nebulae

I shall work on snappers next, then. Hopefully they won't be too awkward.

@DragonFire

I used the colors of okapi for the mirrors so that's understandable!
@Misplaced

...I'd love that for my tundra. o:
@Misplaced

...I'd love that for my tundra. o:
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
@Varric Would you like me to put it on (a bare scryed version of)him? :)
@Varric Would you like me to put it on (a bare scryed version of)him? :)
I like this idea. Even if it does feel more like an accent, I agree with a few others that Spines, Gembond or even Okapi feel kind of like accents to me. That, and this can be a sort of minimal-coverage gene like Spines so it can work with just about anything. I like the idea of essentially completing the Cherub/Seraph genes with it as well, as it makes it feel like a complete set. You have my support!
I like this idea. Even if it does feel more like an accent, I agree with a few others that Spines, Gembond or even Okapi feel kind of like accents to me. That, and this can be a sort of minimal-coverage gene like Spines so it can work with just about anything. I like the idea of essentially completing the Cherub/Seraph genes with it as well, as it makes it feel like a complete set. You have my support!
Please ping me if you respond to one of my posts. I'm very forgetful so I may not see the response otherwise.
Art & Writing Shop (on hiatus) | Skin Shop (on hiatus)
A wild science-fiction book sample has appeared!
1 2 3 4 5 6