Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Random Mutation Dragon Breed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@foff
I mean that if you had, for example, a Fae bred with a Coatl, then you'd get 1 type of hybrid from them, but then you'd get a different hybrid say if you were to breed a Fae with a Guardian. You'd need hybrids make for all the different types of dragon pairings, which would be something along to line of
Fae X Mirror
Fae X Coatl
Fae X Skydancer
and so on for all the breeds.
@foff
I mean that if you had, for example, a Fae bred with a Coatl, then you'd get 1 type of hybrid from them, but then you'd get a different hybrid say if you were to breed a Fae with a Guardian. You'd need hybrids make for all the different types of dragon pairings, which would be something along to line of
Fae X Mirror
Fae X Coatl
Fae X Skydancer
and so on for all the breeds.
Tn4aWhc.png
@DinoGirl500 , ohh, I see what you mean. But that is not what I suggested. What I was throwing out was that any all and any combo would produce the SAME hybrid. I just call it a hybrid but it's a single breed of dragon that can be produced from any set of different breeds.

if we pretended that nocs were the hybrid species in my case, then the example would be

impxcoatl = nocs
mirrorxSD = nocs

it would be one new breed, not many. Do you think that would be more manageable?
@DinoGirl500 , ohh, I see what you mean. But that is not what I suggested. What I was throwing out was that any all and any combo would produce the SAME hybrid. I just call it a hybrid but it's a single breed of dragon that can be produced from any set of different breeds.

if we pretended that nocs were the hybrid species in my case, then the example would be

impxcoatl = nocs
mirrorxSD = nocs

it would be one new breed, not many. Do you think that would be more manageable?
Collecting Ham-hams
FR+0
Art Twitter
Instagram
yaboiding.png
No support.
Mostly because I would personally rather that they worked on entirely new species which would not interfere and cause possible unstability for breeders and people with hatcheries.

The idea sounds cool in theory, but again; I personally, would rather see entirely new species over hybrids c:

Also.. it wouldn't make much sense in terms of genetics. They way you are describeing it, it would be like breeding two cats and getting a dog ^^'
No support.
Mostly because I would personally rather that they worked on entirely new species which would not interfere and cause possible unstability for breeders and people with hatcheries.

The idea sounds cool in theory, but again; I personally, would rather see entirely new species over hybrids c:

Also.. it wouldn't make much sense in terms of genetics. They way you are describeing it, it would be like breeding two cats and getting a dog ^^'
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
@foff
Ahh! The liger/mule thing makes more sense than potentially having a 4-breed nest (5, if we had a HYBRID in there too). I am totally with you on maintaining desirability by having HYBRIDs be rare! I was thinking about this for a while earlier today, but I was considering it from a perspective of 'if I were going to implement this, how would I do it?', as opposed to your organic model.

It appears I misinterpreted your intent: I have been assuming a unique combination of dragons, when you are offering one dragon. My apologies.
@foff
Ahh! The liger/mule thing makes more sense than potentially having a 4-breed nest (5, if we had a HYBRID in there too). I am totally with you on maintaining desirability by having HYBRIDs be rare! I was thinking about this for a while earlier today, but I was considering it from a perspective of 'if I were going to implement this, how would I do it?', as opposed to your organic model.

It appears I misinterpreted your intent: I have been assuming a unique combination of dragons, when you are offering one dragon. My apologies.
b6af85db30eb4eff7c9ddc8cebdd0e55670c07ff.png ua2M4Jb.png b6af85db30eb4eff7c9ddc8cebdd0e55670c07ff.png

b4b840e099a9f5b084c8effd98748c1ecceaa6ca.png cre
b4b840e099a9f5b084c8effd98748c1ecceaa6ca.png she/her
b4b840e099a9f5b084c8effd98748c1ecceaa6ca.png directory
@foff While that would be a bit more manageable it wouldn't make sense. Because then it'd fall under the question of how all breeding pairs, which are always very different, can still produce the same hybrid species.

Also, while hybrids would be a lot more rare and more valuable, they could be a pain for people or hatcheries that don't want them.
@foff While that would be a bit more manageable it wouldn't make sense. Because then it'd fall under the question of how all breeding pairs, which are always very different, can still produce the same hybrid species.

Also, while hybrids would be a lot more rare and more valuable, they could be a pain for people or hatcheries that don't want them.
Tn4aWhc.png
@cre, no worries lol. Multiple combo would definitely be a pain to work out.

@DinoGirl500, well, we have faes breeding with imps, eggs that looks like seeds, and dragons with elemental eyes, I didn't think the idea would be too far-fetched. Perhaps a species that is so generic it can hold small qualities of each dragon breed.

Though the idea was the chances of getting a mutant is so monumentally tiny that it wouldn't affect the pairs much, if at all, I do understand your concern for disruption of breeding. I will take a note of that.
@cre, no worries lol. Multiple combo would definitely be a pain to work out.

@DinoGirl500, well, we have faes breeding with imps, eggs that looks like seeds, and dragons with elemental eyes, I didn't think the idea would be too far-fetched. Perhaps a species that is so generic it can hold small qualities of each dragon breed.

Though the idea was the chances of getting a mutant is so monumentally tiny that it wouldn't affect the pairs much, if at all, I do understand your concern for disruption of breeding. I will take a note of that.
Collecting Ham-hams
FR+0
Art Twitter
Instagram
yaboiding.png
Support.
I think, like all unwanted dragons, these mutant/hybrids could just be sold or exalted no problem. Especially when you consider that they have to be created from two different breeds of dragons, normally one breed is preferred over the other anyway.
Say you had a snapper and a guardian pair, but you only wanted snappers. The hybrids wouldn't be any more inconvenient than the guardians you would get from that nest.
While I would love a new breed (and we're supposed to get two a year) I still doubt any sort of new breed will happen until the admins get the site up to where they want it to be.
Support.
I think, like all unwanted dragons, these mutant/hybrids could just be sold or exalted no problem. Especially when you consider that they have to be created from two different breeds of dragons, normally one breed is preferred over the other anyway.
Say you had a snapper and a guardian pair, but you only wanted snappers. The hybrids wouldn't be any more inconvenient than the guardians you would get from that nest.
While I would love a new breed (and we're supposed to get two a year) I still doubt any sort of new breed will happen until the admins get the site up to where they want it to be.
Support!

I already gamble with offsprings a lot by buying 2 random dragons from AH and only breeding them once. This would spice the things up :D!
Support!

I already gamble with offsprings a lot by buying 2 random dragons from AH and only breeding them once. This would spice the things up :D!
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Support

If they're really that rare and hatcheries and breeding projects produce a mutant I don't see the problem since you can probably sell it for tons of treasure/gems because rare things are always in high demand.. and if you really hate them just instant exalt.

Support

If they're really that rare and hatcheries and breeding projects produce a mutant I don't see the problem since you can probably sell it for tons of treasure/gems because rare things are always in high demand.. and if you really hate them just instant exalt.

I only support this suggestion: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1542341
I only support this suggestion: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1542341
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10