Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Same Gender Breeding
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Drakel" date=2015-10-29 10:03:53] No support, mainly for the issue of simplifying breeding a little bit too much. This would make it where the only barrier to breeding is if dragons are related or not. [/quote] No support.
Drakel wrote on 2015-10-29:
No support, mainly for the issue of simplifying breeding a little bit too much. This would make it where the only barrier to breeding is if dragons are related or not.

No support.
image.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gifimage.png
Nope.

You can solve the gay/bi/pan relationship + having offspring issue pretty easily by simply making one of the dragons trans. I've got a "female" posed snapper who is trans, and he's had lots of babies.
Nope.

You can solve the gay/bi/pan relationship + having offspring issue pretty easily by simply making one of the dragons trans. I've got a "female" posed snapper who is trans, and he's had lots of babies.
ot0aco5.png
[quote name="HollyJolly" date=2015-10-29 09:54:30] I'm all for gay dragons. I have my own. I am one (dragon, maybe not so much) But in real life, you HAVE to have the different sex chromosomes to create new life. Humankind is making genetic advances to make things happen with two eggs/sperm but this is nature and nature can't produce offspring that way. Plus that would just kill the breeding game all together. Destroy it. [/quote]
HollyJolly wrote on 2015-10-29:
I'm all for gay dragons. I have my own. I am one (dragon, maybe not so much) But in real life, you HAVE to have the different sex chromosomes to create new life. Humankind is making genetic advances to make things happen with two eggs/sperm but this is nature and nature can't produce offspring that way.

Plus that would just kill the breeding game all together. Destroy it.
I've thought about this quite a bit, and while my first reaction was to say no, I somewhat support it now! [quote name="seaofstars" date=2015-10-30 20:58:06] Yeah sorry, biology doesn't work that way, no support. [/quote] These are [i]dragons[/i]. Biology doesn't allow dragons either. If we are going to use the biology argument I think we need to take a step back and look at the game we are playing. If you're so into biology, why are you playing such a fantasy-centered game in the first place? [quote name="HollowedAngel" date=2015-10-31 10:51:05] That would just kill the breeding game all together. Destroy it. [/quote] You would still have to hunt for a dragon to be the perfect mate. It opens up options a tiny bit, but not a ton. You still can't breed dragons related to each other, and I think that is enough to keep the game interesting! There are some very fun and popular games out there that allow same sex breeding, and one that jumps into my mind is DragonVale. I bet many of you have/had it. It's not as complex as this website, but it works, and i think it is still able to maintain breeding rarity. Breeding isn't all this game is about, either. I think this would be a good idea, and even if it doesn't work, i certainly think this would be something worthwhile to try
I've thought about this quite a bit, and while my first reaction was to say no, I somewhat support it now!
seaofstars wrote on 2015-10-30:
Yeah sorry, biology doesn't work that way, no support.
These are dragons. Biology doesn't allow dragons either. If we are going to use the biology argument I think we need to take a step back and look at the game we are playing. If you're so into biology, why are you playing such a fantasy-centered game in the first place?
HollowedAngel wrote on 2015-10-31:
That would just kill the breeding game all together. Destroy it.
You would still have to hunt for a dragon to be the perfect mate. It opens up options a tiny bit, but not a ton. You still can't breed dragons related to each other, and I think that is enough to keep the game interesting!

There are some very fun and popular games out there that allow same sex breeding, and one that jumps into my mind is DragonVale. I bet many of you have/had it. It's not as complex as this website, but it works, and i think it is still able to maintain breeding rarity. Breeding isn't all this game is about, either. I think this would be a good idea, and even if it doesn't work, i certainly think this would be something worthwhile to try

tumblr_o93oxdVbpt1v978nio1_250.png
No support. Nothing against having wonderful gay couples, I myself have quite a few! It would take away a lot of the challenge of the game. I like to spend quite some time looking for the perfect mate, and a lot of the time it's ruined because of a gender failure. That disappointment just makes you want to try harder.

And as Jen said, it would over saturate a market that's already moving at the speed of a snail. I have far more beautiful males than I have females, and I would just breed the absolute heck out of my males. I'd have more babies than what I'd know to do with, and that wouldn't sell.
No support. Nothing against having wonderful gay couples, I myself have quite a few! It would take away a lot of the challenge of the game. I like to spend quite some time looking for the perfect mate, and a lot of the time it's ruined because of a gender failure. That disappointment just makes you want to try harder.

And as Jen said, it would over saturate a market that's already moving at the speed of a snail. I have far more beautiful males than I have females, and I would just breed the absolute heck out of my males. I'd have more babies than what I'd know to do with, and that wouldn't sell.
lDRIQH6.gif
[quote name="HollyJolly" date=2015-10-29 09:54:30] I'm all for gay dragons. I have my own. I am one (dragon, maybe not so much) But in real life, you HAVE to have the different sex chromosomes to create new life. Humankind is making genetic advances to make things happen with two eggs/sperm but this is nature and nature can't produce offspring that way. Plus that would just kill the breeding game all together. Destroy it. [/quote] This, in addition to the fact that it would probably require an entire recode just to make possible.
HollyJolly wrote on 2015-10-29:
I'm all for gay dragons. I have my own. I am one (dragon, maybe not so much) But in real life, you HAVE to have the different sex chromosomes to create new life. Humankind is making genetic advances to make things happen with two eggs/sperm but this is nature and nature can't produce offspring that way.

Plus that would just kill the breeding game all together. Destroy it.

This, in addition to the fact that it would probably require an entire recode just to make possible.
JViYfKK.png
[quote name="squeakycat" date=2015-10-31 12:11:01] These are [i]dragons[/i]. Biology doesn't allow dragons either. If we are going to use the biology argument I think we need to take a step back and look at the game we are playing. If you're so into biology, why are you playing such a fantasy-centered game in the first place?[/quote] Because the rules of fantasy biology the admins have established are that their dragons come in two sexes that need to get together to have babies. Fantasy does not mean "chuck everything out because rules are for the real world"; it means "the rules are different from the real world". Also, DragonVale only has same-sex breeding insofar as every dragon can breed with every other dragon. There is no sexual dimorphism or even mention of dragons having different sexes aside from the lore dragons highlighted in the shrines. It also allows rampant inbreeding but still manages to maintain "breed rarity" (which is actually one of the less important things on FR at this point). Should we therefore allow inbreeding on FR too because another game made it work? It would sure make establishing unusual color/gene combinations a lot easier. That said, no support.
squeakycat wrote on 2015-10-31:
These are dragons. Biology doesn't allow dragons either. If we are going to use the biology argument I think we need to take a step back and look at the game we are playing. If you're so into biology, why are you playing such a fantasy-centered game in the first place?
Because the rules of fantasy biology the admins have established are that their dragons come in two sexes that need to get together to have babies.

Fantasy does not mean "chuck everything out because rules are for the real world"; it means "the rules are different from the real world".

Also, DragonVale only has same-sex breeding insofar as every dragon can breed with every other dragon. There is no sexual dimorphism or even mention of dragons having different sexes aside from the lore dragons highlighted in the shrines.

It also allows rampant inbreeding but still manages to maintain "breed rarity" (which is actually one of the less important things on FR at this point). Should we therefore allow inbreeding on FR too because another game made it work? It would sure make establishing unusual color/gene combinations a lot easier.

That said, no support.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
@shugahime

same gender breeding is already a thing! i have two lovely female dragons that i've bred together - pourri and toes. because pourri's gender is female, i can breed her with toes, who's also female.

all jokes aside, same-sex breeding has been shown again and again that it just isn't going to happen. and please remember that gender =/= sex.

@shugahime

same gender breeding is already a thing! i have two lovely female dragons that i've bred together - pourri and toes. because pourri's gender is female, i can breed her with toes, who's also female.

all jokes aside, same-sex breeding has been shown again and again that it just isn't going to happen. and please remember that gender =/= sex.

tumblr_o0zdk7U6M21u3wsjco6_250.png a1rYPJ5.png

gASzi6V.pngtP5PUOX.png

they/them; +17fr
doodle art
no support, this feature would be game breaking, and you have to think of some of the homophobics who would get pretty offended, im all for gay dragons, but this feature would make the game too easy
no support, this feature would be game breaking, and you have to think of some of the homophobics who would get pretty offended, im all for gay dragons, but this feature would make the game too easy
They/Them, 2+FR time, Pings are appreciated. what_if_banner_had_no_leg_by_epicdragon99-d9zmyrq.png
I don't like the implication that you have to have biological kids or even kids to be a "real" couple.

But for those who do want biological kids for a pair, you can put any gender you want in the bio box. I would also support a pose change scroll if you don't want the other pose. The symbol doesn't refer to your dragon's gender.

You can also put adopted kids in a dragon's bio as another way to give any pair kids or have a dragon play surrogate to the two.
I don't like the implication that you have to have biological kids or even kids to be a "real" couple.

But for those who do want biological kids for a pair, you can put any gender you want in the bio box. I would also support a pose change scroll if you don't want the other pose. The symbol doesn't refer to your dragon's gender.

You can also put adopted kids in a dragon's bio as another way to give any pair kids or have a dragon play surrogate to the two.
1 2 3 4 5 6