Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Same Gender Breeding
1 2 3 4 5 6
No.
No.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="ViewtifulJen" date=2015-10-29 10:24:13] No support. This would make the game far too easy and take away the challenge of finding suitable pairs for breeding. The market is also already oversaturated with dragons as it is, and this addition would only make that situation worse. [/quote] While this would be cool...no support.
ViewtifulJen wrote on 2015-10-29:
No support. This would make the game far too easy and take away the challenge of finding suitable pairs for breeding. The market is also already oversaturated with dragons as it is, and this addition would only make that situation worse.

While this would be cool...no support.
8vfZ9uw.png
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2015-10-29 12:10:28] No. [/quote]
gemajgall wrote on 2015-10-29:
No.
No support.
No support.
lightvs1.pngplaguevs1.pnglightvs1.png
No support, it would not make sense to female&female dragons or male&male dragons to be able to breed, it would ruin the breeding game. I do not hate gay people but it wouln't make sense in a breeding game
No support, it would not make sense to female&female dragons or male&male dragons to be able to breed, it would ruin the breeding game. I do not hate gay people but it wouln't make sense in a breeding game
No support, as you need static elements to keep the game challenging.

if we were to remove anything to do with sex for breeding (male/female change scrolls, same sex breeding scrolls etc) the only static element left would be eyes.

we can't just have one small element be static, we need more. Gender and eye colours are static elements to keep the game challenging to players.

if we were to remove anything to do with sex for breeding (male/female change scrolls, same sex breeding scrolls etc) the only static element left would be eyes.

we can't just have one small element be static, we need more. Gender and eye colours are static elements to keep the game challenging to players.
[quote name="IvoryFrost" date=2015-10-29 15:54:41] No support, as you need static elements to keep the game challenging. if we were to remove anything to do with sex for breeding (male/female change scrolls, same sex breeding scrolls etc) the only static element left would be eyes. we can't just have one small element be static, we need more. Gender and eye colours are static elements to keep the game challenging to players. [/quote] Even eye color isn't truly static as if you think you have two dragons who will make the perfect dragon, but you need Ice eyes, you can rent an ice nest. Sure, once it is set, you can't change it, but you can change it before it is set by breeding in the appropriate place. Right now, the ONLY element aside from ID number, which I understand some people are interested in) that is truly static, ie can't be changed before or after hatching, is the sex of the dragon. And that sex determines the potential partners of that dragon if he/she wants to 'pass along their genes' to the next generation. I believe it should stay that way, otherwise it would be way to easy to breed specific color combinations. This is same reason I don't support single color scatter scrolls (or 'choose your dragon' scrolls that allow you to choose the dragon colors) because while you can change color, you can't change color reliably which keeps some challenge in the game for the breeders.
IvoryFrost wrote on 2015-10-29:

Even eye color isn't truly static as if you think you have two dragons who will make the perfect dragon, but you need Ice eyes, you can rent an ice nest. Sure, once it is set, you can't change it, but you can change it before it is set by breeding in the appropriate place.

Right now, the ONLY element aside from ID number, which I understand some people are interested in) that is truly static, ie can't be changed before or after hatching, is the sex of the dragon. And that sex determines the potential partners of that dragon if he/she wants to 'pass along their genes' to the next generation. I believe it should stay that way, otherwise it would be way to easy to breed specific color combinations.

This is same reason I don't support single color scatter scrolls (or 'choose your dragon' scrolls that allow you to choose the dragon colors) because while you can change color, you can't change color reliably which keeps some challenge in the game for the breeders.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar
(I think they meant changing eyes on an existing dragon.)

But for the original post: No support. Wanna have gay dragons that have children? That's what the info section is for. I'm doing it with one of my pairs atm because I like fodder and also the poses better.
@Jemadar
(I think they meant changing eyes on an existing dragon.)

But for the original post: No support. Wanna have gay dragons that have children? That's what the info section is for. I'm doing it with one of my pairs atm because I like fodder and also the poses better.
I'm gonna breed change all the deities into Wildclaws.
Looking to buy a 5 digit, btw!
@mageoftime

Yeah,I realized that, that is why I put truly static to indicate that sex is the only element of a dragon you can't change before or after hatching. Eye color you can influence by breeding in different flight's nests.

Mainly for same sex breeding I don't support because I think it would require a major rewrite of the breeding code (I think the admins have said as much somewhere, but I don't have the exact quote, nor do I know where that quote is)

And because it would worsen the dragon market (not that I am really one of the ones who is upset at 4K dragons, I like it, but I also don't think breeding should be made EASIER to do.)
@mageoftime

Yeah,I realized that, that is why I put truly static to indicate that sex is the only element of a dragon you can't change before or after hatching. Eye color you can influence by breeding in different flight's nests.

Mainly for same sex breeding I don't support because I think it would require a major rewrite of the breeding code (I think the admins have said as much somewhere, but I don't have the exact quote, nor do I know where that quote is)

And because it would worsen the dragon market (not that I am really one of the ones who is upset at 4K dragons, I like it, but I also don't think breeding should be made EASIER to do.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support for reasons mentioned.
No support for reasons mentioned.
1 2 3 4 5 6