Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New dark/gloomy flight – CHAOS!
[center][color=red](You can skip this, this is introduction of some kind. A short story about origin of chaos dragons)[/color] [i][size=4][font=century gothic] Baldwin gazed at small strange dragon-like creature in disabelief. It was small, have had genes and colours of it’s parents, but have had also one very strange defect. Its eyes were black as black holes seen from Arcanists observatory. None of known flights are black-eyed. Baldwin decided to keep this strange dragon for a little longer. Maybe he will know something after a couple of days of scrupulous observations. [quote=FROM BALDWIN’S DIARY][i][size=4][font=century gothic][b]DAY 3[/b] I just cannot look into these eyes. I don’t know why. Sometimes I’m trying to do that, just in case I didn’t see it was some very dark hue of purple.Just because I still hope this is Shadow dragon. But I know this is not. I can feel this strange magic aura, which appears whenever I’m talking to Arcane flight member. But next to Arcane dragon this aura is positive, you can feel funny tickling of pink energy on the back of your neck. Standing next to this small creature is different. This tickling makes me anxious and insecure. And these eyes… When I’m trying to look into them, the aura becomes stronger. I’m so frightened after these tries… I just don’t know why. [/quote] [quote=FROM BALDWIN’S DIARY][i][size=4][font=century gothic][b]DAY 7[/b] The dragon began to grow… And it become aggresive. I have a couple of bites on my arm. Why? I just wanted to see it’s unnaturally big teeth and it just happened. And I noticed one strange thing. When the dragon was angry, half of my books started to fly around my library, a couple of them was destroyed. Now I have no doubts that this creature has magical abilities. I just worry what can happen next time I will annoy this little dragon. [/quote] [quote=FROM BALDWIN’S DIARY][i][size=4][font=century gothic][b]DAY 15[/b] It grows so fast! And eats so much food, this is crazy! And I still don’t know it’s gender. I remember the day Hope stormed into my house with this being in her arms. And now I know why she had been so scared. The dragon started to bite me without purpouse. I had to close it in a cage, I didn’t have a choise. [/quote] [quote=FROM BALDWIN’S DIARY][i][size=4][font=century gothic][b]DAY 34[/b] The cage becomes too small for it. It’s anger is awful. I’m so scared! It seems like it wasn’t Arcane nor Shadow dragon. It’s mix of them. Some kind of black magic, I think. In some was I have had chance to take it’s blood sample to investigate it’s DNA. And indeed, the DNA have had features of both of these flights. With some addition. I have some theories. I’m just not sure if I didn’t misunderstood it. I just have to go deeper into some old books, which I didn’t have chance to read yet. This may take a couple of days. [/quote] [quote=FROM BALDWIN’S DIARY][i][size=4][font=century gothic][b]DAY 41[/b] I have had hope that I was mistaken. But I didn’t. This missing part of this dragon’s DNA… It’s so similar to the Shade’s features that it’s just scary. Actually, we don’t know what happened after The Pillar’s destruction… The Shade just disappeared. And in some way it became a small part of this being… [/quote] [quote=FROM BALDWIN’S DIARY][i][size=4][font=century gothic][b]DAY 44[/b] The dragon destroyed it’s cage when I’ve been sleeping. I heard a strange sound of claws scratching steel. It woke me up. But when I stormed into my library, it was gone. The window was crashed and the cage became a useless piece of metal. Where can it be hiding now?[/quote] [/center] ----- [size=4] [b]Chaos – cursed flight, born from Arcanist’s and Shadowbinder’s secret romance.[/b] Yes, yes I know this may sound strange but this wouldn’t be a regular ‘flight’. Let me introduce you closer to my idea: • A chaos dragon can be born in everyone’s nest (very, veeeery rarely in sb’s nest appears strange black egg – about 1-2% chanses) • Chaos dergs have totally black eyes • Chaos dergs are growing faster and bigger than a normal dragons • This flight doesn’t take part in dominance • No one can change flight to chaos (it’s not available flight for newbies) • It doesn’t have its holiday • A chaos chest may appear anytime or at any flight’s holidays while digging/scavenging/coliseum fight. In this chest you can get skin/special apparel/special familiars • Gathering items in chaos is not available • You cannot exhalt a chaos dragon – you can only sell them (this is optional – for exhalting these dragons you can get a lot of money) • It’s more likely (about 4% or 5% chances) to get chaos derg/chest on new year’s eve, halloween or april fools (or also on other special events) • Chaos dragons familiar drops 1 gem a day (optional) and chaos chests (equivalent to iron and gilded chests) OOOOOORRRRRRRR, more crazy idea – this may also be a new dragon breed with all of the options from above, plus: • Dragons don’t have their sex/gender • Dergs are not allowed to breed (duuuuh? :P) • No breed scrolls are available (no one can change breed to chaos/no one can change breed from chaos to another) So, this is everything at the moment, I’m open for any suggestions :D And I’m curious what do you think about it. Just let me know ^^
(You can skip this, this is introduction of some kind.
A short story about origin of chaos dragons)

Baldwin gazed at small strange dragon-like creature in disabelief. It was small, have had genes and colours of it’s parents, but have had also one very strange defect. Its eyes were black as black holes seen from Arcanists observatory. None of known flights are black-eyed. Baldwin decided to keep this strange dragon for a little longer. Maybe he will know something after a couple of days of scrupulous observations.

FROM BALDWIN’S DIARY wrote:
DAY 3
I just cannot look into these eyes. I don’t know why. Sometimes I’m trying to do that, just in case I didn’t see it was some very dark hue of purple.Just because I still hope this is Shadow dragon. But I know this is not. I can feel this strange magic aura, which appears whenever I’m talking to Arcane flight member. But next to Arcane dragon this aura is positive, you can feel funny tickling of pink energy on the back of your neck. Standing next to this small creature is different. This tickling makes me anxious and insecure. And these eyes… When I’m trying to look into them, the aura becomes stronger. I’m so frightened after these tries… I just don’t know why.
DAY 7
The dragon began to grow… And it become aggresive. I have a couple of bites on my arm. Why? I just wanted to see it’s unnaturally big teeth and it just happened. And I noticed one strange thing. When the dragon was angry, half of my books started to fly around my library, a couple of them was destroyed. Now I have no doubts that this creature has magical abilities. I just worry what can happen next time I will annoy this little dragon.
DAY 15
It grows so fast! And eats so much food, this is crazy! And I still don’t know it’s gender. I remember the day Hope stormed into my house with this being in her arms. And now I know why she had been so scared. The dragon started to bite me without purpouse. I had to close it in a cage, I didn’t have a choise.
DAY 34
The cage becomes too small for it. It’s anger is awful. I’m so scared! It seems like it wasn’t Arcane nor Shadow dragon. It’s mix of them. Some kind of black magic, I think. In some was I have had chance to take it’s blood sample to investigate it’s DNA. And indeed, the DNA have had features of both of these flights. With some addition. I have some theories. I’m just not sure if I didn’t misunderstood it. I just have to go deeper into some old books, which I didn’t have chance to read yet. This may take a couple of days.
DAY 41
I have had hope that I was mistaken. But I didn’t. This missing part of this dragon’s DNA… It’s so similar to the Shade’s features that it’s just scary. Actually, we don’t know what happened after The Pillar’s destruction… The Shade just disappeared. And in some way it became a small part of this being…
DAY 44
The dragon destroyed it’s cage when I’ve been sleeping. I heard a strange sound of claws scratching steel. It woke me up. But when I stormed into my library, it was gone. The window was crashed and the cage became a useless piece of metal. Where can it be hiding now?

Chaos – cursed flight, born from Arcanist’s and Shadowbinder’s secret romance.

Yes, yes I know this may sound strange but this wouldn’t be a regular ‘flight’. Let me introduce you closer to my idea:

• A chaos dragon can be born in everyone’s nest (very, veeeery rarely in sb’s nest appears strange black egg – about 1-2% chanses)
• Chaos dergs have totally black eyes
• Chaos dergs are growing faster and bigger than a normal dragons
• This flight doesn’t take part in dominance
• No one can change flight to chaos (it’s not available flight for newbies)
• It doesn’t have its holiday
• A chaos chest may appear anytime or at any flight’s holidays while digging/scavenging/coliseum fight. In this chest you can get skin/special apparel/special familiars
• Gathering items in chaos is not available
• You cannot exhalt a chaos dragon – you can only sell them (this is optional – for exhalting these dragons you can get a lot of money)
• It’s more likely (about 4% or 5% chances) to get chaos derg/chest on new year’s eve, halloween or april fools (or also on other special events)
• Chaos dragons familiar drops 1 gem a day (optional) and chaos chests (equivalent to iron and gilded chests)

OOOOOORRRRRRRR, more crazy idea – this may also be a new dragon breed with all of the options from above, plus:

• Dragons don’t have their sex/gender
• Dergs are not allowed to breed (duuuuh? :P)
• No breed scrolls are available (no one can change breed to chaos/no one can change breed from chaos to another)

So, this is everything at the moment, I’m open for any suggestions :D And I’m curious what do you think about it. Just let me know ^^
sig108_by_dingobreath_dclhg0d_by_blondes_sketchbook-dclhm5j.png
dam good - supporting this idea. I would like such grim destructive dragon.
dam good - supporting this idea. I would like such grim destructive dragon.
Crow - 25 - they/it/he - local autistic corvid enthusiast
{nothing was posted. Sorry for not understanding}
{nothing was posted. Sorry for not understanding}
YES. I want this so bad. Maybe not the "Secret romance" with arcane and shadow.

Maybe, in lore, theres a band of outcasts. Cast out from their gods and not welcomed by others. They flew across the sea to an island. An island far away. They stayed there, but dragons born there had black eyes. That's where is began - dragons started having black eggs sometimes. It started when the chaos dragons came to where their parents where thrown out.

@Ythequeris

@ObsidianBlade

You didn't read the post, did you? The person said no holiday. Please read the post.
YES. I want this so bad. Maybe not the "Secret romance" with arcane and shadow.

Maybe, in lore, theres a band of outcasts. Cast out from their gods and not welcomed by others. They flew across the sea to an island. An island far away. They stayed there, but dragons born there had black eyes. That's where is began - dragons started having black eggs sometimes. It started when the chaos dragons came to where their parents where thrown out.

@Ythequeris

@ObsidianBlade

You didn't read the post, did you? The person said no holiday. Please read the post.
This is better than some new flight suggestions since it avoids many of the issues of introducing a new playable flight however in my opinion I still feel that it would involve reworking too much in the game to justify it. I feel new flights should remain a fandom thing. My reasons for being against this follow:

The introduction of a new element would involve having to rework the entire checks and balances of the elements--currently each flight has the same numbers of strengths and weaknesses. Even if it’s rebalanced it means players would have to relearn the element strengths and weaknesses.

Lore concerns-- The concept of chaos is partly covered by shadow flight already and evil is covered by the shade. In addition I'd rather not see the deities paired up--the flights are at war so it doesn't really seem likely that they'd get together long enough to have a child. The element of a dragon is determined by the magic the egg absorbs which is why eggs are of element of the nest because that's the magic that's absorbed---how would this random element egg be explained? In regards to the reply with the suggestion it be an outcast--that wouldn't work with the lore--it was mentioned in one of the QA sessions that if a nest was laid outside the influence of a deity (and thus their elemental influence on the land) the eggs would not hatch.

Randomly having a chance of a different element appear in a nest would upset many players who choose their pairs extremely carefully because they are breeding for a particular aesthetic in the offspring and often rent nests to have matching eyes.

I also feel that any dragon should be able to be exalted (I disagree with the fact that players can't exalt eternal youth dragons without irst reversing the EY scroll) and I do not think that any particular breed or element should get more for being exalted.

I do not think familiars should act differently if attached to a dragon of a particular dragon and if you mean chaos element familiars I do not think that any familiar should drop a gem a day (gems are a premium currency) and I don't think any familiar should get special chests.

In regards to this being a new breed instead. I am not really fond of the introduction of essentially being a trophy dragon (IE cannot be bred and cannot breed changed)... maybe a long time in the future when there is more to do a craftable or hard to achieve trophy dragon would be fine, but right now there is very little to do with dragons other than breed and dress up your dragons so a dragon that cannot breed would only appeal to a small segment of the population and I'd rather the admins focus on adding new things that appeal to a wider segment of the game. As for a breed that doesn't have gender, I'm assuming you are referring to a breed that is either asexual (thus reproduces by cloning) or a breed that doesn't have separate sexes (a hermaphrodite species). A hermaphrodite species in itself might be neat however if the admins were to introduce such a thing it would have to be handled carefully and likely would only be allowed to breed within its own species (or with other hermaphrodite species) to avoid the game breaking mechanics.
This is better than some new flight suggestions since it avoids many of the issues of introducing a new playable flight however in my opinion I still feel that it would involve reworking too much in the game to justify it. I feel new flights should remain a fandom thing. My reasons for being against this follow:

The introduction of a new element would involve having to rework the entire checks and balances of the elements--currently each flight has the same numbers of strengths and weaknesses. Even if it’s rebalanced it means players would have to relearn the element strengths and weaknesses.

Lore concerns-- The concept of chaos is partly covered by shadow flight already and evil is covered by the shade. In addition I'd rather not see the deities paired up--the flights are at war so it doesn't really seem likely that they'd get together long enough to have a child. The element of a dragon is determined by the magic the egg absorbs which is why eggs are of element of the nest because that's the magic that's absorbed---how would this random element egg be explained? In regards to the reply with the suggestion it be an outcast--that wouldn't work with the lore--it was mentioned in one of the QA sessions that if a nest was laid outside the influence of a deity (and thus their elemental influence on the land) the eggs would not hatch.

Randomly having a chance of a different element appear in a nest would upset many players who choose their pairs extremely carefully because they are breeding for a particular aesthetic in the offspring and often rent nests to have matching eyes.

I also feel that any dragon should be able to be exalted (I disagree with the fact that players can't exalt eternal youth dragons without irst reversing the EY scroll) and I do not think that any particular breed or element should get more for being exalted.

I do not think familiars should act differently if attached to a dragon of a particular dragon and if you mean chaos element familiars I do not think that any familiar should drop a gem a day (gems are a premium currency) and I don't think any familiar should get special chests.

In regards to this being a new breed instead. I am not really fond of the introduction of essentially being a trophy dragon (IE cannot be bred and cannot breed changed)... maybe a long time in the future when there is more to do a craftable or hard to achieve trophy dragon would be fine, but right now there is very little to do with dragons other than breed and dress up your dragons so a dragon that cannot breed would only appeal to a small segment of the population and I'd rather the admins focus on adding new things that appeal to a wider segment of the game. As for a breed that doesn't have gender, I'm assuming you are referring to a breed that is either asexual (thus reproduces by cloning) or a breed that doesn't have separate sexes (a hermaphrodite species). A hermaphrodite species in itself might be neat however if the admins were to introduce such a thing it would have to be handled carefully and likely would only be allowed to breed within its own species (or with other hermaphrodite species) to avoid the game breaking mechanics.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@dragonfire
With this island - it's pretty cool idea, it can be added later into the story in some way :)

@dragonsage
I can understand your reasons, thank you for being honest :) and about what you've said:
1. I don't know much about working of games - I didn't know this may be problematic in some way to add it to the game :o
2. Arcanist’s and Shadowbinder’s romance is only a concept for this ;) I know that flights are fighting but this could happen, for example before the pillars destruction, idk xD
3. About exhalting these dragons - as I said - this is only optional, because I know that not everyone would like that
4. About breed/no sex/not being to breed - it was, in fact, a little bit mess. It was one of the less likely to happen concepts. But I added it anyway, I just wanted to know people's opinion about it ^^
@dragonfire
With this island - it's pretty cool idea, it can be added later into the story in some way :)

@dragonsage
I can understand your reasons, thank you for being honest :) and about what you've said:
1. I don't know much about working of games - I didn't know this may be problematic in some way to add it to the game :o
2. Arcanist’s and Shadowbinder’s romance is only a concept for this ;) I know that flights are fighting but this could happen, for example before the pillars destruction, idk xD
3. About exhalting these dragons - as I said - this is only optional, because I know that not everyone would like that
4. About breed/no sex/not being to breed - it was, in fact, a little bit mess. It was one of the less likely to happen concepts. But I added it anyway, I just wanted to know people's opinion about it ^^
@Ythequeris

I came up with it a little while ago with my lore. Still need to finish that dragons bio - meh. I do like the idea though, and I don't think it would clash with the already existing lore.
@Ythequeris

I came up with it a little while ago with my lore. Still need to finish that dragons bio - meh. I do like the idea though, and I don't think it would clash with the already existing lore.
@obsidianblade
I can understand why you don't like the idea of a new flight. But you should at least tell me what makes you not supporting this idea. Or at least you should read it.
I said it's not going to be a regular flight - 'no holiday, doesn't take part in dominance' etc.
First read, please, then comment :)
@obsidianblade
I can understand why you don't like the idea of a new flight. But you should at least tell me what makes you not supporting this idea. Or at least you should read it.
I said it's not going to be a regular flight - 'no holiday, doesn't take part in dominance' etc.
First read, please, then comment :)
Sorry, I have to agree with DragonSage above.

Right now, while your idea is well thought out, Idont' think this is something the site needs to focus on. They already have new breeds in production, and this, as a new breed, would need to have a lot of the dragon code rewrote to support it.

Also, I, like some others, don't support pairing up of the deities (leave that to fanon). Also, exactly how would it work? randomly introduced? how? The elemental nature of the dragons is determined by where the egg is laid and hatched as the egg absorbs the elemental magic. Without that magic, the egg simply wouldn't hatch.

Sorry, I have to agree with DragonSage above.

Right now, while your idea is well thought out, Idont' think this is something the site needs to focus on. They already have new breeds in production, and this, as a new breed, would need to have a lot of the dragon code rewrote to support it.

Also, I, like some others, don't support pairing up of the deities (leave that to fanon). Also, exactly how would it work? randomly introduced? how? The elemental nature of the dragons is determined by where the egg is laid and hatched as the egg absorbs the elemental magic. Without that magic, the egg simply wouldn't hatch.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support for reasons that Dragonsage covered.

Double for the whole encroaching on Shadow's thing. Shadow dragons are all unpredictability, tricks, and chaos. As a shadow member, I'd like it to stay that way. That would be like making a Life Flight from the spawn of Lightweaver and Gladekeeper and taking traits from them. Each flight gets to be their own separate entity with traits dominant to them.

What's the point of them if they're essentially useless? Can't breed and can't be exalted. Can't breed for them and can't become part of the flight. At this point, all you're really asking for are black eye contacts because who would want a dragon that can't be used for fodder or breeding? Maybe once you get one just for the novelty, but then we'll eventually have tons of Chaos dragons that nobody can get rid of.

I disagree that a lot of issues were fixed with this suggestion, because they weren't fixed at all. You just took the causes for problems away completely, but in doing so you're creating a problem.

I also take issue with the pairing in itself. Personally, while I think Shadowmomma might have a hidden respect for the unpredictability of Space Uncle, I don't want to see romantic pairings between any of the deities. It would be far fairier to everyone who disagrees with fanons to change it so they were born from the Arcanist experimenting on Shadow's glorious drool or in battle between them or something.

Yet, even then I don't support. This is nice for personal lore, but I wouldn't want to see it implemented.
No support for reasons that Dragonsage covered.

Double for the whole encroaching on Shadow's thing. Shadow dragons are all unpredictability, tricks, and chaos. As a shadow member, I'd like it to stay that way. That would be like making a Life Flight from the spawn of Lightweaver and Gladekeeper and taking traits from them. Each flight gets to be their own separate entity with traits dominant to them.

What's the point of them if they're essentially useless? Can't breed and can't be exalted. Can't breed for them and can't become part of the flight. At this point, all you're really asking for are black eye contacts because who would want a dragon that can't be used for fodder or breeding? Maybe once you get one just for the novelty, but then we'll eventually have tons of Chaos dragons that nobody can get rid of.

I disagree that a lot of issues were fixed with this suggestion, because they weren't fixed at all. You just took the causes for problems away completely, but in doing so you're creating a problem.

I also take issue with the pairing in itself. Personally, while I think Shadowmomma might have a hidden respect for the unpredictability of Space Uncle, I don't want to see romantic pairings between any of the deities. It would be far fairier to everyone who disagrees with fanons to change it so they were born from the Arcanist experimenting on Shadow's glorious drool or in battle between them or something.

Yet, even then I don't support. This is nice for personal lore, but I wouldn't want to see it implemented.