Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Genes Contribute to cooldown
1 2 3 4
Honestly, I'm surprised, but I support. With the amount of dragons each player has, and the fact lair expansions keep happening, constant breeding is already feasible and constant breeding is the reason why dragons get so overpopulated. They're bred faster than they can be removed, that's why the market is so saturated, and since people vehemently oppose incentives to speed up exalting, the only other direction is limiting breeding of the problem is to be corrected. At this point, genes are useless a short while after they're put in the game. They're there for aesthetics and all, but there's no value difference between a non gened dragon and a fully gened one in terms of what goes for fodder. When you buy gene scrolls you have to breed those dragons a ton of times to scrape back what you spent on the genes.

I don't know, basics will still be just as breedable and just as abundant as they are now, so i don't see the big deal. Like I came from the early game where you were lucky if you could scrape together 300k for a crappy colored "common" breed and exalting was incredibly rare because even basic plentifuls were 40k. I don't think the economy is going to be "inaccessible" to newbies or casual people over a minor increase. That's quite the exaggeration. Even if breed cool downs were twice as long, putting hatchling process at twice the value? That's still only like 8k to 14k. And that's only for the very gened up ones. Like the difference isn't going to be a bank breaker by ANY means.
Honestly, I'm surprised, but I support. With the amount of dragons each player has, and the fact lair expansions keep happening, constant breeding is already feasible and constant breeding is the reason why dragons get so overpopulated. They're bred faster than they can be removed, that's why the market is so saturated, and since people vehemently oppose incentives to speed up exalting, the only other direction is limiting breeding of the problem is to be corrected. At this point, genes are useless a short while after they're put in the game. They're there for aesthetics and all, but there's no value difference between a non gened dragon and a fully gened one in terms of what goes for fodder. When you buy gene scrolls you have to breed those dragons a ton of times to scrape back what you spent on the genes.

I don't know, basics will still be just as breedable and just as abundant as they are now, so i don't see the big deal. Like I came from the early game where you were lucky if you could scrape together 300k for a crappy colored "common" breed and exalting was incredibly rare because even basic plentifuls were 40k. I don't think the economy is going to be "inaccessible" to newbies or casual people over a minor increase. That's quite the exaggeration. Even if breed cool downs were twice as long, putting hatchling process at twice the value? That's still only like 8k to 14k. And that's only for the very gened up ones. Like the difference isn't going to be a bank breaker by ANY means.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
Christ, no. To be honest, I think it'll have the opposite effect on prices for triple gened dragons - increased breeding cooldowns will make them less appealing.

It'll also take a lot of the fun out of the game. The point is to breed dragons!
Christ, no. To be honest, I think it'll have the opposite effect on prices for triple gened dragons - increased breeding cooldowns will make them less appealing.

It'll also take a lot of the fun out of the game. The point is to breed dragons!
rl2X9jH.png
[quote name="EnchantingCurse" date=2015-08-24 16:55:46] Honestly, I'm surprised, but I support. With the amount of dragons each player has, and the fact lair expansions keep happening, constant breeding is already feasible and constant breeding is the reason why dragons get so overpopulated. They're bred faster than they can be removed, that's why the market is so saturated, and since people vehemently oppose incentives to speed up exalting, the only other direction is limiting breeding of the problem is to be corrected. At this point, genes are useless a short while after they're put in the game. They're there for aesthetics and all, but there's no value difference between a non gened dragon and a fully gened one in terms of what goes for fodder. When you buy gene scrolls you have to breed those dragons a ton of times to scrape back what you spent on the genes. I don't know, basics will still be just as breedable and just as abundant as they are now, so i don't see the big deal. Like I came from the early game where you were lucky if you could scrape together 300k for a crappy colored "common" breed and exalting was incredibly rare because even basic plentifuls were 40k. I don't think the economy is going to be "inaccessible" to newbies or casual people over a minor increase. That's quite the exaggeration. Even if breed cool downs were twice as long, putting hatchling process at twice the value? That's still only like 8k to 14k. And that's only for the very gened up ones. Like the difference isn't going to be a bank breaker by ANY means. [/quote] @EnchantingCurse It makes a huge difference to those who have been around for two years and have expensive gene projects completed. Breeding was never meant to be hugely profitable to begin with. As far as exalting incentives we have daily bonuses already. What other incentives would you want? If you have dragons that aren't selling you can train them to higher than level 1 and exalt them once they are adults. Going to level 7 gets you between 10 - 12 K. If they have the daily bonuses even more. Just rapid exalting your own bred babies gives you 2 - 3 K minimum and more if they have a daily bonus. The only reason they breed faster than they can be removed is because so many players continually breed them. Breeding is not a requirement of the site, it is actually optional. With so many players and so many dragons that are bred of course there will be an abundance of dragons. More supply than demand also drives the prices down.
EnchantingCurse wrote on 2015-08-24:

@EnchantingCurse It makes a huge difference to those who have been around for two years and have expensive gene projects completed.

Breeding was never meant to be hugely profitable to begin with.

As far as exalting incentives we have daily bonuses already. What other incentives would you want?

If you have dragons that aren't selling you can train them to higher than level 1 and exalt them once they are adults. Going to level 7 gets you between 10 - 12 K. If they have the daily bonuses even more. Just rapid exalting your own bred babies gives you 2 - 3 K minimum and more if they have a daily bonus.

The only reason they breed faster than they can be removed is because so many players continually breed them. Breeding is not a requirement of the site, it is actually optional. With so many players and so many dragons that are bred of course there will be an abundance of dragons. More supply than demand also drives the prices down.
@qnxyz
I stand by what I said, regardless. You're free to disagree but your reasons are still opinions. You're never going to get people to stop breeding, that's not even an option really. We do need more exalt incentives because the population is still passing the amount exalted, and honestly exalt rewards fall a little short of the effort required.

Also, I have been here for two years, and I don't think the site or the suggestions need to be halted just because people like things as they are. That's not a good reason to halt change. Doing so will just cause the site to become stagnant. Not speaking to this in particular, but things change, and not everyone's going to like those changes. You can't please everyone. And a little breed extension is still not a big deal to me.

So by all means, disagree, but I just don't agree with your reasons for it is all.
@qnxyz
I stand by what I said, regardless. You're free to disagree but your reasons are still opinions. You're never going to get people to stop breeding, that's not even an option really. We do need more exalt incentives because the population is still passing the amount exalted, and honestly exalt rewards fall a little short of the effort required.

Also, I have been here for two years, and I don't think the site or the suggestions need to be halted just because people like things as they are. That's not a good reason to halt change. Doing so will just cause the site to become stagnant. Not speaking to this in particular, but things change, and not everyone's going to like those changes. You can't please everyone. And a little breed extension is still not a big deal to me.

So by all means, disagree, but I just don't agree with your reasons for it is all.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
this just seems like a good way to drive people away from the site :/

no support

edit: not to mention how much more obnoxious it would be to get access to new genes if breeding cooldowns were 2 months long
this just seems like a good way to drive people away from the site :/

no support

edit: not to mention how much more obnoxious it would be to get access to new genes if breeding cooldowns were 2 months long
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="EnchantingCurse" date=2015-08-24 19:06:44]And a little breed extension is still not a big deal to me. [/quote] The biggest problem with this is that I think that a breeding cool down extension will put off newer players. I know I was almost put off by the length they are now. It still gets me down a bit the length of some of them, and i am not even breeding right now (I want to get some of them gened up, want to find out who will make the prettiest babies) I am not really one of the ones who see a huge problem with all the dragons in the auction house, though I do think that they could perhaps stand to be a bit more expensive. (not to the point I see some people want them to be) I do like the fact that if I see a pretty dragon, I can go out and get one close to it for fairly cheap. This encourages new players to invest their time into the site instead of them seeing all the pretty dragons and items and then looking at their basic progens, with the random one being an eyesore in the lair (I was fortunate, mine wasn't) and then not being able to get any pretty dragons because they cost so much. You can't please everyone, but you shouldn't try to please one group to the exclusion of other groups. I feel that a breed cool down extension will scare off many new players who come in, see that pretty imp with all the nice genes, get the pretty genes for their progen, then find out that in order to breed said pretty dragons, they have to wait, what nearly 2 months in some cases? They look at the foresee progeny, and see pretty babies, but they have to wait 2 months after buying that pretty imperial hatchling with the nice genes on it and wonder exactly what they will do in the mean time. Some might stay for the festivals, and the games (which is why I stayed initially), but I am afraid that many of them will just think it is too long of a time and find other games with faster returns. I don't think anyone said to halt suggestions or not change the site, however, I think most people have been saying that before the site is changed, think of what the impact will be on the player base. I, and I think some others, from the comments here, don't think this will be a positive change for the player base. There are other suggestions about change that I, and again other players on the site, DO think will result in a positive change. Sites have to tread a delicate balance, if they don't change they stagnate, but if they change just for change's sake (or because only a few people complain/want something) then they run the risk of just chasing their player base off.
EnchantingCurse wrote on 2015-08-24:
And a little breed extension is still not a big deal to me.

The biggest problem with this is that I think that a breeding cool down extension will put off newer players. I know I was almost put off by the length they are now. It still gets me down a bit the length of some of them, and i am not even breeding right now (I want to get some of them gened up, want to find out who will make the prettiest babies)

I am not really one of the ones who see a huge problem with all the dragons in the auction house, though I do think that they could perhaps stand to be a bit more expensive. (not to the point I see some people want them to be) I do like the fact that if I see a pretty dragon, I can go out and get one close to it for fairly cheap. This encourages new players to invest their time into the site instead of them seeing all the pretty dragons and items and then looking at their basic progens, with the random one being an eyesore in the lair (I was fortunate, mine wasn't) and then not being able to get any pretty dragons because they cost so much.

You can't please everyone, but you shouldn't try to please one group to the exclusion of other groups. I feel that a breed cool down extension will scare off many new players who come in, see that pretty imp with all the nice genes, get the pretty genes for their progen, then find out that in order to breed said pretty dragons, they have to wait, what nearly 2 months in some cases? They look at the foresee progeny, and see pretty babies, but they have to wait 2 months after buying that pretty imperial hatchling with the nice genes on it and wonder exactly what they will do in the mean time. Some might stay for the festivals, and the games (which is why I stayed initially), but I am afraid that many of them will just think it is too long of a time and find other games with faster returns.

I don't think anyone said to halt suggestions or not change the site, however, I think most people have been saying that before the site is changed, think of what the impact will be on the player base. I, and I think some others, from the comments here, don't think this will be a positive change for the player base. There are other suggestions about change that I, and again other players on the site, DO think will result in a positive change.

Sites have to tread a delicate balance, if they don't change they stagnate, but if they change just for change's sake (or because only a few people complain/want something) then they run the risk of just chasing their player base off.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Honestly, this should only apply to gem genes. Especially Iri/Shim.

Like, we don't need to add an additional cooldown to Clown or Vipera. It's already hard enough to go and get good Vipera dragons. Iri/Shim is a different story
Honestly, this should only apply to gem genes. Especially Iri/Shim.

Like, we don't need to add an additional cooldown to Clown or Vipera. It's already hard enough to go and get good Vipera dragons. Iri/Shim is a different story
[quote name="DeepflowManah" date=2015-08-23 04:06:21] Sorry, no support. I'm playing mostly for dream dragons, and they're already a pain in the butt when you have not so narrow ranges and bad RNG luck. Now I'm a relatively patient person, but even then Coatl countdowns are annoying. You're right, if I want certain colors I just buy the genes myself - but I need a dragon to gene in the first place. If the cooldowns are increased, it takes me way longer to get what I want. Let's say with the current system, I can breed three dream dragons in four months. Now if the cooldowns are increased, I might get only one. Which means I'm only going to buy the genes for one dragon instead of three, which wouldn't really help with unclaimed scrolls in the MP. And I've been trying to breed a specific Imperial for a friend for three breeding cycles, I don't really want this to take two years just because they have nice genes. As much as I think you need some patience to achieve your goals, there's a limit to it. Oh and sure, you may theoretically be able to sell your dragons for more. But how exactly do you expect me to make the money to buy your nice dragons and lair expansions and genes without a solid supply of exalt dragons? I'd not be happy if in addition to the breeding cooldowns I had to deal with yet another thing that artificially lengthens the time I need to get dragons (fairground cap). This is a dragon site, I'm not going to wait several months before I can do anything dragon-related. [/quote] I second this. No support, sorry.
DeepflowManah wrote on 2015-08-23:
Sorry, no support.

I'm playing mostly for dream dragons, and they're already a pain in the butt when you have not so narrow ranges and bad RNG luck. Now I'm a relatively patient person, but even then Coatl countdowns are annoying.

You're right, if I want certain colors I just buy the genes myself - but I need a dragon to gene in the first place. If the cooldowns are increased, it takes me way longer to get what I want. Let's say with the current system, I can breed three dream dragons in four months. Now if the cooldowns are increased, I might get only one. Which means I'm only going to buy the genes for one dragon instead of three, which wouldn't really help with unclaimed scrolls in the MP.

And I've been trying to breed a specific Imperial for a friend for three breeding cycles, I don't really want this to take two years just because they have nice genes. As much as I think you need some patience to achieve your goals, there's a limit to it.

Oh and sure, you may theoretically be able to sell your dragons for more. But how exactly do you expect me to make the money to buy your nice dragons and lair expansions and genes without a solid supply of exalt dragons? I'd not be happy if in addition to the breeding cooldowns I had to deal with yet another thing that artificially lengthens the time I need to get dragons (fairground cap). This is a dragon site, I'm not going to wait several months before I can do anything dragon-related.
I second this.
No support, sorry.
RU3Ub7C.png __________________________________
mini/yest - they/them - huge nerd - infp
- your friendly neighbourhood fruit bat -
average artist - what is communication
To be sincere, right now I don't think there is way to magically "fix" the dragon market "problem" by itself, let alone one that adds penalization to users that care to play the game/support it by making treasure and sinking it into expensive items, instead of rewarding other behaviours like exalting.

If we would have this suggestion alone applied to the site, considering the number of dragons we currently have and the number of users that actively breeds them, we would probably see an increase of the AH price for about a few weeks or maybe a month (being really positive about this). This would act like the way breed rarity worked for a couple of months back on the first days of life of this site, but in a faster way considering the current number of active players and dragons.

That not to count on all the people that will be actually deterred from joining in, or spending more money because they feel like the site has added something that interferes with their capability of actually enjoying their pixel pets by making them cuter with some genes because they'll end up breeding once in a blue moon; or the fact that admins have already said that they never planned dragon breeding to be a good way to profit, since they actually wanted dragons to be common.

No support.
To be sincere, right now I don't think there is way to magically "fix" the dragon market "problem" by itself, let alone one that adds penalization to users that care to play the game/support it by making treasure and sinking it into expensive items, instead of rewarding other behaviours like exalting.

If we would have this suggestion alone applied to the site, considering the number of dragons we currently have and the number of users that actively breeds them, we would probably see an increase of the AH price for about a few weeks or maybe a month (being really positive about this). This would act like the way breed rarity worked for a couple of months back on the first days of life of this site, but in a faster way considering the current number of active players and dragons.

That not to count on all the people that will be actually deterred from joining in, or spending more money because they feel like the site has added something that interferes with their capability of actually enjoying their pixel pets by making them cuter with some genes because they'll end up breeding once in a blue moon; or the fact that admins have already said that they never planned dragon breeding to be a good way to profit, since they actually wanted dragons to be common.

No support.
No support. I don't care how bad the dragon market is; I breed to see what nice hatchlings my dragons give me. If they go for 15k+, that's awesome! If not, oh well; I can level and exalt for 8k-10k easily. I don't want to have to wait a full season to breed my dragons again, especially since I don't have a lot of pairs and hatchlings are my main source of income.

Forcing people to wait close to 3 months on a breeding pair that might only give them 1 egg because "I want my TG Imperials to be worth 1mil again!" is pointless and unfair. :[ Besides, do you think TG dragons would actually be worth more if people knew they had to wait 70-75 days to breed them once? I think their popularity would decline, tbh....

eta: If you spend 10k-20k on a TG breeding pair and their hatchlings sell for 5k-30k (average TG prices) each, you're going to make back what you spent pretty quickly and net a nice profit. Genes are a luxury item and the game should not be modified to reimburse or reward people for the money they chose to spend on genes.
No support. I don't care how bad the dragon market is; I breed to see what nice hatchlings my dragons give me. If they go for 15k+, that's awesome! If not, oh well; I can level and exalt for 8k-10k easily. I don't want to have to wait a full season to breed my dragons again, especially since I don't have a lot of pairs and hatchlings are my main source of income.

Forcing people to wait close to 3 months on a breeding pair that might only give them 1 egg because "I want my TG Imperials to be worth 1mil again!" is pointless and unfair. :[ Besides, do you think TG dragons would actually be worth more if people knew they had to wait 70-75 days to breed them once? I think their popularity would decline, tbh....

eta: If you spend 10k-20k on a TG breeding pair and their hatchlings sell for 5k-30k (average TG prices) each, you're going to make back what you spent pretty quickly and net a nice profit. Genes are a luxury item and the game should not be modified to reimburse or reward people for the money they chose to spend on genes.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2 3 4