Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Must Name Before Exalting
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20
No support, once you sell a dragon it's no longer yours.
No support, once you sell a dragon it's no longer yours.
I think an Unnamed exalted dragons should just receive a randomly-generated name, similar to the "Randomize Option" on the "Name Dragon" page.
I think an Unnamed exalted dragons should just receive a randomly-generated name, similar to the "Randomize Option" on the "Name Dragon" page.
"Yes, but have you thoroughly considered the myriad of benefits granted by a purely runic-based measurement system?"
@NostraThomas

Only when I can randomly name any dragon you own. ;)
I don't see why anyone should have a say over how I name MY dragons at all. And the random names are just horrid! XD
@NostraThomas

Only when I can randomly name any dragon you own. ;)
I don't see why anyone should have a say over how I name MY dragons at all. And the random names are just horrid! XD
@Ismaiel

I'm not sure I understand your argument. If you're just going to throw an unnamed dragon away, what difference does it make whether it receives a name?

This way, it wouldn't affect you either way, and it would be a little nicer on other people's pages. (I try to name any dragon I sell or give away or request that the person who gets it name it, just so I don't have to looked at columns of "Unnamed" babies on my pages.)
@Ismaiel

I'm not sure I understand your argument. If you're just going to throw an unnamed dragon away, what difference does it make whether it receives a name?

This way, it wouldn't affect you either way, and it would be a little nicer on other people's pages. (I try to name any dragon I sell or give away or request that the person who gets it name it, just so I don't have to looked at columns of "Unnamed" babies on my pages.)
"Yes, but have you thoroughly considered the myriad of benefits granted by a purely runic-based measurement system?"
@NostraThomas

I do not throw them away. I exalt them. It is the highest honor a dragon can experience.

And surely would it affect me. I would see stupid random names as long as I keep the parents. Some of them Never will have named offspring once they are gened because these dragons are vey special to me.

And if other people do not like unnamed dragons forwhichever reason really they can just name them before selling. When they sell at exalt prices they will even have the name the likes most at 99% of the time!

Besides it is a very small part of the community that dislikes Unnamed dragons. I for one though have been often enough harrassed by users that dislike random names and Unnamed dragons that I now use a Exalt name. So they get the same name over and over sure... If they find that so much better...
@NostraThomas

I do not throw them away. I exalt them. It is the highest honor a dragon can experience.

And surely would it affect me. I would see stupid random names as long as I keep the parents. Some of them Never will have named offspring once they are gened because these dragons are vey special to me.

And if other people do not like unnamed dragons forwhichever reason really they can just name them before selling. When they sell at exalt prices they will even have the name the likes most at 99% of the time!

Besides it is a very small part of the community that dislikes Unnamed dragons. I for one though have been often enough harrassed by users that dislike random names and Unnamed dragons that I now use a Exalt name. So they get the same name over and over sure... If they find that so much better...
@NostraThomas
The point is, people want to have control over dragons they don't own. So to make this fair, if people supporting this can force names on other users, those other users should also be able to force names on anyone else. Because "my personal opinion about aesthetics" seems to be all the reason you need for naming dragons you don't own.

I would also like to make my pages nicer. If I buy a hatchling from someone and don't like the parents' names, can I rename those to fit my personal preferences too?
@NostraThomas
The point is, people want to have control over dragons they don't own. So to make this fair, if people supporting this can force names on other users, those other users should also be able to force names on anyone else. Because "my personal opinion about aesthetics" seems to be all the reason you need for naming dragons you don't own.

I would also like to make my pages nicer. If I buy a hatchling from someone and don't like the parents' names, can I rename those to fit my personal preferences too?
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
@Ismaiel

Exalting them, sending them off to war to fight the good fight, without even bothering to give them the dignity of a name of their own.

That's why I described it as "throwing them away" in my post. Because that's effectively what you're doing if you can't be bothered to take a minute to name them or even just click Randomize.

Edit: That's why I feel that giving Unnamed a randomly-assigned name upon Exalting is an effective compromise between both camps.
@Ismaiel

Exalting them, sending them off to war to fight the good fight, without even bothering to give them the dignity of a name of their own.

That's why I described it as "throwing them away" in my post. Because that's effectively what you're doing if you can't be bothered to take a minute to name them or even just click Randomize.

Edit: That's why I feel that giving Unnamed a randomly-assigned name upon Exalting is an effective compromise between both camps.
[quote name="NostraThomas" date=2015-09-14 10:04:41] @ Ismaiel Exalting them, sending them off to war to fight the good fight, without even bothering to give them the dignity of a name of their own. That's why I described it as "throwing them away" in my post. Because that's effectively what you're doing if you can't be bothered to take a minute to name them or even just click Randomize. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] Why not hold the seller of the dragon to the same standard though? If they can't be bothered to name them, surely they're "'throwing them away'" too
NostraThomas wrote on 2015-09-14:
@ Ismaiel

Why not hold the seller of the dragon to the same standard though? If they can't be bothered to name them, surely they're "'throwing them away'" too
@chespin

Like I said, I name any dragon I sell/give away or get reassurance that they'll be named. This would be a last-ditch failsafe to insure no dragon ends up Unnamed on an Exalted pedestal.
@chespin

Like I said, I name any dragon I sell/give away or get reassurance that they'll be named. This would be a last-ditch failsafe to insure no dragon ends up Unnamed on an Exalted pedestal.
[quote]This would be a last-ditch failsafe to insure no dragon ends up Unnamed on an Exalted pedestal.[/quote] I prefer Unnamed to Wart, Toe, WingWing and pretty much everything in the name generator, even in my own offspring lists.
Quote:
This would be a last-ditch failsafe to insure no dragon ends up Unnamed on an Exalted pedestal.

I prefer Unnamed to Wart, Toe, WingWing and pretty much everything in the name generator, even in my own offspring lists.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20