Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Elemental Boon
1 2 3
I was thinking about how we have a Boon of Fertility that allows us to instantly hatch our nests.

The cost of this item is 350 Gems to purchase.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an Elemental Boon?

There would be 11 different Elemental Boons 1 for each element. The cost would be more than the Boon of Fertility, perhaps even double the price.

The Elemental Boon would work like the Boon of Fertility by allowing the dragons to be instantly hatched, but it would influence them to be born the Element of the boon.

Example... I have Fire Nests... I am breeding green ranged dragons that I feel would sell better if they had green eyes. Now it would be an expense on my part to get one but I would go purchase a Nature Boon which I would use on the nest to have the dragons hatch with the Green eyes.

Now this would be a one time/one use item like the Boon of Fertility is. It would not be much different than renting a Nature nest, other than I would no longer have to send my dragons to a Member of Nature even though it may be cheaper to do so to get the green eyes.

Anyway I thought this would be a neat option to have...

I can already feel the wave of No Support coming
I was thinking about how we have a Boon of Fertility that allows us to instantly hatch our nests.

The cost of this item is 350 Gems to purchase.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an Elemental Boon?

There would be 11 different Elemental Boons 1 for each element. The cost would be more than the Boon of Fertility, perhaps even double the price.

The Elemental Boon would work like the Boon of Fertility by allowing the dragons to be instantly hatched, but it would influence them to be born the Element of the boon.

Example... I have Fire Nests... I am breeding green ranged dragons that I feel would sell better if they had green eyes. Now it would be an expense on my part to get one but I would go purchase a Nature Boon which I would use on the nest to have the dragons hatch with the Green eyes.

Now this would be a one time/one use item like the Boon of Fertility is. It would not be much different than renting a Nature nest, other than I would no longer have to send my dragons to a Member of Nature even though it may be cheaper to do so to get the green eyes.

Anyway I thought this would be a neat option to have...

I can already feel the wave of No Support coming
Support!
Support!
PJb908Z.png
Support! This would make a nice bit of income for the game, I bet, and would remove the risk of lending your dragons to another user and hoping they'll be nice enough to give them back.
Support! This would make a nice bit of income for the game, I bet, and would remove the risk of lending your dragons to another user and hoping they'll be nice enough to give them back.
I support this!
I support this!
wuOVcJF.pngjA0Unwf.gif
@haveabetterday

Oh I am not championing to remove Nest Rentals from the game. I think they are a good way too and if you find a respected and trusted player who does that the risk is minimal. In the end it might cost less to rent a nest than purchase an Elemental Boon. I think it would be a nice option though.
@haveabetterday

Oh I am not championing to remove Nest Rentals from the game. I think they are a good way too and if you find a respected and trusted player who does that the risk is minimal. In the end it might cost less to rent a nest than purchase an Elemental Boon. I think it would be a nice option though.
I also sort of like this. This would help the people who REALLLY don't want to risk sending their dragons to someone else's nest (or like me, don't want to send them off because I will forget them and then buy more dragons *sigh* so glad my head is firmly attached)

And if it IS more expensive than rentals then I don't think it would hurt them too much. It would still be cheaper to rent, just would be easier to buy the boon as then you don't have to send your dragons off and then get them and the hatchlings back.
I also sort of like this. This would help the people who REALLLY don't want to risk sending their dragons to someone else's nest (or like me, don't want to send them off because I will forget them and then buy more dragons *sigh* so glad my head is firmly attached)

And if it IS more expensive than rentals then I don't think it would hurt them too much. It would still be cheaper to rent, just would be easier to buy the boon as then you don't have to send your dragons off and then get them and the hatchlings back.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support! I may not ever use one, but I think it would be a great option to have!
Support! I may not ever use one, but I think it would be a great option to have!
Wev0kLvs_o.png...... WvEXipG.png
rI18gRz.png
OPFWPxg.png
mlHpBMC.png
ll0CfnD.png
7gibfJe.png
Support the concept but feel the price is too high. I feel like breeding for eye color without having to rely on an unsupported transaction such as nest rentals should be possible. Sure make it difficult so players have to work at it to keep the importance of flights (personally I'd never change flights for eye color because my clan fits nature better, but there are times I'd like to breed a different element). I personally would prefer to be able to craft a one time use boon with Baldwin. It can be a complex chain to make it difficult (and expensive) to craft (so that nest rentals are a quicker/cheaper option) and could use the elemental runes as part of the recipe.
Support the concept but feel the price is too high. I feel like breeding for eye color without having to rely on an unsupported transaction such as nest rentals should be possible. Sure make it difficult so players have to work at it to keep the importance of flights (personally I'd never change flights for eye color because my clan fits nature better, but there are times I'd like to breed a different element). I personally would prefer to be able to craft a one time use boon with Baldwin. It can be a complex chain to make it difficult (and expensive) to craft (so that nest rentals are a quicker/cheaper option) and could use the elemental runes as part of the recipe.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-06-26 01:41:06] Support the concept but feel the price is too high. I feel like breeding for eye color without having to rely on an unsupported transaction such as nest rentals should be possible. Sure make it difficult so players have to work at it to keep the importance of flights (personally I'd never change flights for eye color because my clan fits nature better, but there are times I'd like to breed a different element). I personally would prefer to be able to craft a one time use boon with Baldwin. It can be a complex chain to make it difficult (and expensive) to craft (so that nest rentals are a quicker/cheaper option) and could use the elemental runes as part of the recipe. [/quote] I'd love to be able to utilize Baldwin for this!
DragonSage wrote on 2015-06-26:

I'd love to be able to utilize Baldwin for this!
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
I have no objections to this. Plus, if it were a Baldwin recipe, it would be fun.
I have no objections to this. Plus, if it were a Baldwin recipe, it would be fun.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 3