Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin: Unlock Flight Specific Items
1 2 3
I support because we all can join any other flight at any time given you didn't just change and are in a cooldown.

It may also help with population evening out. I agree that certain flights have many more members, but maybe item specific to a single flight will make those users who must collect all the items to join the smaller flights, that is if collecting all the items is your goal.

We need some challenge to this site.
I support because we all can join any other flight at any time given you didn't just change and are in a cooldown.

It may also help with population evening out. I agree that certain flights have many more members, but maybe item specific to a single flight will make those users who must collect all the items to join the smaller flights, that is if collecting all the items is your goal.

We need some challenge to this site.
al2p7n.jpg
It's not just as easy as 'Just Switch Flights.' If you've used your only free flight change, it cost 1500 G to change flight. There's also the 6 month cooldown to worry about.

There's also the fact that currently there's no real advantage for one flight over another--the differences are lore and aesthetics. Dominance takes in account flight size to make it fair for all flights--yes there are different attitudes to dominance between the flights but the mechanisms don't change. This idea could give one flight a real advantage over another simply because of the way the flight populations are distributed
It's not just as easy as 'Just Switch Flights.' If you've used your only free flight change, it cost 1500 G to change flight. There's also the 6 month cooldown to worry about.

There's also the fact that currently there's no real advantage for one flight over another--the differences are lore and aesthetics. Dominance takes in account flight size to make it fair for all flights--yes there are different attitudes to dominance between the flights but the mechanisms don't change. This idea could give one flight a real advantage over another simply because of the way the flight populations are distributed
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I support this idea 110%! I think it would add an element of excitement to the site. To the people chanting "It's not fair," I don't see how it's any less "fair" than dominance is. Yes, some populations are bigger than others, but that might be a good thing for, say, Earth's economy. It would also encourage collaboration between the flights so we can collect the items. Say you have a friend in Lightening, and you're Water, you could swap items with them and both parties are happy!

I'd love to see flight-specific items in Baldwin. Please establish this into the game!
I support this idea 110%! I think it would add an element of excitement to the site. To the people chanting "It's not fair," I don't see how it's any less "fair" than dominance is. Yes, some populations are bigger than others, but that might be a good thing for, say, Earth's economy. It would also encourage collaboration between the flights so we can collect the items. Say you have a friend in Lightening, and you're Water, you could swap items with them and both parties are happy!

I'd love to see flight-specific items in Baldwin. Please establish this into the game!
I support the idea. There needs to be something else out there that brings flights together / makes people feel a part of their flight other than just exalting dragons for dominance battles. Frankly I don't feel very much a part of wind except that I hatch wind eggs and my dragons have pretty seafoamy eyes. I'd love to be able to craft an item specific to my flight.
I support the idea. There needs to be something else out there that brings flights together / makes people feel a part of their flight other than just exalting dragons for dominance battles. Frankly I don't feel very much a part of wind except that I hatch wind eggs and my dragons have pretty seafoamy eyes. I'd love to be able to craft an item specific to my flight.
mlHpBMC.png
Wind-Network.png
YMPbu9R.png
@talo
I don't really see how this is anything like dominance. With dom, the calculation is weighted so that each dragon exalted counts for more "points" in a smaller flight than a large one. So, even small flights have a chance.
However, if this was implemented, small flights would have a clear advantage, as there would be fewer items from that flight on the market, and no way to balance it.

So, no support from me. However, I'd be okay with flight-themed items, if everyone could get them.
@talo
I don't really see how this is anything like dominance. With dom, the calculation is weighted so that each dragon exalted counts for more "points" in a smaller flight than a large one. So, even small flights have a chance.
However, if this was implemented, small flights would have a clear advantage, as there would be fewer items from that flight on the market, and no way to balance it.

So, no support from me. However, I'd be okay with flight-themed items, if everyone could get them.
tumblr_ojt1mcNhC71rc2695o1_400.pngbonsai_wip_tadabam_by_auricolor-dadxgzt.png
[quote name="Teletraan" date=2015-06-10 12:14:12] [quote name="LostUmbreon" date=2015-06-10 12:07:05] HOWEVER. I wouldn't be opposed to flight related alchemy. Perhaps there are certain recipes during holiday weeks for items related to the celebrating flight. [/quote] Why not something like this. You can make a flight-based flag for your dragon to hold. The ingredients are available to everyone, and could be something like this: 1x Cloth based material 1x Orange Goo (the text says it smells like rubber, so it could be "glue" for the flag) OR 1x Black Slime (since the flag would likely be an apparel item) 1x Holiday Currency Whatever Holiday Currency you use determines the flag you get. So Bladed Flatleaves would give a green flag with the Nature symbol on it. [/quote] I wouldn't support items that are only available to a certain flight brewing without posting the finished items in the AH for other flights to get. The Holiday currency idea seems like the best choice at the moment because everyone has an equal chance. Even if you'd use the free flight change, there would still be the 1,500 gem (I'm not entirely sure how much it costs an this is just an estimate) flight change, with the six month cool down. Not everyone has the money to pay for gems either, and you'd have to be patient with the +1 gem a day well fed bonus before you'd be able to change your flight just for the specific items of another flight. No support
Teletraan wrote on 2015-06-10:
LostUmbreon wrote on 2015-06-10:
HOWEVER. I wouldn't be opposed to flight related alchemy. Perhaps there are certain recipes during holiday weeks for items related to the celebrating flight.

Why not something like this.

You can make a flight-based flag for your dragon to hold. The ingredients are available to everyone, and could be something like this:

1x Cloth based material
1x Orange Goo (the text says it smells like rubber, so it could be "glue" for the flag)
OR 1x Black Slime (since the flag would likely be an apparel item)
1x Holiday Currency

Whatever Holiday Currency you use determines the flag you get. So Bladed Flatleaves would give a green flag with the Nature symbol on it.

I wouldn't support items that are only available to a certain flight brewing without posting the finished items in the AH for other flights to get. The Holiday currency idea seems like the best choice at the moment because everyone has an equal chance.

Even if you'd use the free flight change, there would still be the 1,500 gem (I'm not entirely sure how much it costs an this is just an estimate) flight change, with the six month cool down. Not everyone has the money to pay for gems either, and you'd have to be patient with the +1 gem a day well fed bonus before you'd be able to change your flight just for the specific items of another flight.

No support
LWDw43p.png
@tambadabam Alright, even if you scratch my dominance comparison, how is it "fair" that only wind gets seafoam eyes? Everyone should be able to get all of the eyes right? If they don't, it's not fair.

How is it "fair" that new players who weren't able to get into the first registration window don't get a chance to get their Light Sprites from the festival?

This site needs some challenge. Everything is far too easy-- they need an "impossible" challenge to make the site more exciting. For Neopets, it was Draiks. It was hard as hell to get one, but when you finally did, it was a BIG deal. But heaven forbid, someone make something challenging. That would be so unfair.
@tambadabam Alright, even if you scratch my dominance comparison, how is it "fair" that only wind gets seafoam eyes? Everyone should be able to get all of the eyes right? If they don't, it's not fair.

How is it "fair" that new players who weren't able to get into the first registration window don't get a chance to get their Light Sprites from the festival?

This site needs some challenge. Everything is far too easy-- they need an "impossible" challenge to make the site more exciting. For Neopets, it was Draiks. It was hard as hell to get one, but when you finally did, it was a BIG deal. But heaven forbid, someone make something challenging. That would be so unfair.
@talo Dragons, however, are easy to obtain and relatively cheap. There are many users willing to rent nests for a small fee. Something as small as eye color, which is easy enough for anyone to obtain, isn't the same. An item like this, which would probably take a large amount of other items and time to make, would give an unfair advantage.
The limited items, like the Light Sprite, fall into a different category. There's not really an inherent advantage to having them; sure, you could sell it for a lot of treasure, but it's not a continuous source of cash. While it might be hard for new users to get one, that's kind of the point to items like that.
An item that only one flight could obtain, however, would give a definite, clear advantage to that flight. They would be able to obtain almost unlimited quantities of the item for themselves, and then, because of the large numbers of users who couldn't obtain it by themselves, have an unlimited source of income from that one thing. The semi-randomness of baldwin might make this a little hard, but if I know people it'll happen anyway.
Finally, what you're talking about isn't a fair challenge, because not everyone has an even chance. There are plenty of things that are difficult to get in this game, like certain rare familiars that you can only get from gathering or the coli, and that's just fine, because everyone can get them, if they try to.
@talo Dragons, however, are easy to obtain and relatively cheap. There are many users willing to rent nests for a small fee. Something as small as eye color, which is easy enough for anyone to obtain, isn't the same. An item like this, which would probably take a large amount of other items and time to make, would give an unfair advantage.
The limited items, like the Light Sprite, fall into a different category. There's not really an inherent advantage to having them; sure, you could sell it for a lot of treasure, but it's not a continuous source of cash. While it might be hard for new users to get one, that's kind of the point to items like that.
An item that only one flight could obtain, however, would give a definite, clear advantage to that flight. They would be able to obtain almost unlimited quantities of the item for themselves, and then, because of the large numbers of users who couldn't obtain it by themselves, have an unlimited source of income from that one thing. The semi-randomness of baldwin might make this a little hard, but if I know people it'll happen anyway.
Finally, what you're talking about isn't a fair challenge, because not everyone has an even chance. There are plenty of things that are difficult to get in this game, like certain rare familiars that you can only get from gathering or the coli, and that's just fine, because everyone can get them, if they try to.
tumblr_ojt1mcNhC71rc2695o1_400.pngbonsai_wip_tadabam_by_auricolor-dadxgzt.png
I don't really support this. My take on the 'challenging bit'. There is 'making something challenging'. Make something like the draik hard to obtain, but still obtainable FOR EVERYONE. Even Lutaris were a challenge to get, but still everyone COULD get them. (without paying huge amounts (ie neopets run shops as opposed to user shops) for them, either real money or neopoints, though that option was there) I got my lutari through the Lab ray. Then there is unfair. Making something only obtainable for free or a very small amount (still hard work potentially) to only one segment of the users. Then the others will have to pay huge amounts. This idea (to me) doesn't really make anything truly challenging, just makes it unfair to those who happen to like their flight, but see an item that they would love to have, but the ONLY way, barring changing flights, then having to wait and then pay to change back.

And truthfully the eyes comment isn't a good one because everyone CAN get all of the eyes. I myself have a couple of dragons with 'seafoam' eyes. (got one of them I believe from the person who referred me to the site, any others I bought for about 4K treasure).

I wouldn't mind some flight specific (not flight only) type stuff, as someone said using the holiday currency.

I also agree with you about there needing to be more challenging stuff, and some stuff designed to make flights pull together (I posted in a 'world boss' thread something that could potentially help with this) I just don't find this idea would increase challenge.

Anyway, my two cents worth :)
I don't really support this. My take on the 'challenging bit'. There is 'making something challenging'. Make something like the draik hard to obtain, but still obtainable FOR EVERYONE. Even Lutaris were a challenge to get, but still everyone COULD get them. (without paying huge amounts (ie neopets run shops as opposed to user shops) for them, either real money or neopoints, though that option was there) I got my lutari through the Lab ray. Then there is unfair. Making something only obtainable for free or a very small amount (still hard work potentially) to only one segment of the users. Then the others will have to pay huge amounts. This idea (to me) doesn't really make anything truly challenging, just makes it unfair to those who happen to like their flight, but see an item that they would love to have, but the ONLY way, barring changing flights, then having to wait and then pay to change back.

And truthfully the eyes comment isn't a good one because everyone CAN get all of the eyes. I myself have a couple of dragons with 'seafoam' eyes. (got one of them I believe from the person who referred me to the site, any others I bought for about 4K treasure).

I wouldn't mind some flight specific (not flight only) type stuff, as someone said using the holiday currency.

I also agree with you about there needing to be more challenging stuff, and some stuff designed to make flights pull together (I posted in a 'world boss' thread something that could potentially help with this) I just don't find this idea would increase challenge.

Anyway, my two cents worth :)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. Everyone should have access to all recipes

And I feel like there's some users here that don't understand only your first flight change is free. No mater how long you wait after the first one, you have to pay. 1500 gems is a huge investment, you can't just change any time willy nilly. Nor can you change more than twice a year (save for a glitch)
No support. Everyone should have access to all recipes

And I feel like there's some users here that don't understand only your first flight change is free. No mater how long you wait after the first one, you have to pay. 1500 gems is a huge investment, you can't just change any time willy nilly. Nor can you change more than twice a year (save for a glitch)
halfbanner2_zps706d0aaa.jpg
1 2 3