Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A proper Auction House
1 2 3 4
I support an additional auction house with an optional auto buy option. I see no need to limit it with materials or anything, I think it should include everything, especially since I don't think the site reads whether something is rare or not to sell, and I don't think it should.
I support an additional auction house with an optional auto buy option. I see no need to limit it with materials or anything, I think it should include everything, especially since I don't think the site reads whether something is rare or not to sell, and I don't think it should.
cPW6H3E.png
Support!
Support!
nkw.png
So to use a comparison that may be right or not-

The new Auction style Auction would be comparable to the Gem MP. Fancy items for high prices. Then the regular no longer an auction house but rather a flea market where all the other stuff is?

Also
Quote:
@Kralisi
If not turning the auction house into a properly functioning one, what about installing a minimum/maximum bidding system? Dragons for example can only be sold between a certain price range dictated by the admin team based on their genes, breed rarity, age (number digits would come into play here), and maybe color combos (xxy etc)

There has been a big trend every time you turn around. Pastels, and whatnot go in and out of fashion so those things could not be considered and the "specialness/value" of and item would then be admin created rather than consumer.
So to use a comparison that may be right or not-

The new Auction style Auction would be comparable to the Gem MP. Fancy items for high prices. Then the regular no longer an auction house but rather a flea market where all the other stuff is?

Also
Quote:
@Kralisi
If not turning the auction house into a properly functioning one, what about installing a minimum/maximum bidding system? Dragons for example can only be sold between a certain price range dictated by the admin team based on their genes, breed rarity, age (number digits would come into play here), and maybe color combos (xxy etc)

There has been a big trend every time you turn around. Pastels, and whatnot go in and out of fashion so those things could not be considered and the "specialness/value" of and item would then be admin created rather than consumer.
Stuff will one day go here.
@LunaSea

That's not entirely what I meant. It's fairly obvious the creators intended this game to have certain dragons be more common that others (hence why certain breeds are considered "rare" even though their true population is more common than the basic breeds). I'm suggesting the admins control their value based on this and the value of the genes, perhaps on a grid system.

Example...

a coatl with crystal/facet/underbelly

vs.

a fae with basic/basic/basic

vs.

a mirror with clown/shimmer/basic

say we automatically have a minimum/maximum BASE value attached to each breed based on their "rarity" which would be offered on a drop down that the player can choose.

Plentiful (Fae/Gaurdian/Mirror/Tundra) ................................. 5k (min) - 10k (max)
Common (Pearlcatcher/Ridgeback/Snapper/Spiral)........... 10k - 20k
Uncommon (Skydancer).......................................................... 20k - 30k
Limited (Imnperial/Nocturne)................................................. 30k - 40k
Rare (Coatl/Wildclaw)............................................................... 40k - 50k

which is then the price is boosted by the genes they possess (this would be automatic and based off if the gene is purchasable for treasure or gems originally/admin discretion):

Basic - no bonus
dominant gene (tiger/clown examples) - 20k bonus per gene
recessive gene (iridescent/crystal examples) - 50k bonus per gene

(it should be reflective of how difficult it is to maintain a gene through breeding/how it was originally made available to the players ie... gem market vs treasure market)

Now, if we go back to our original examples:
Quote:
a coatl with crystal/facet/underbelly (calculated value range: 160k - 170k)

vs.

a fae with basic/basic/basic (calculated value range: 5k - 10k)

vs.

a mirror with clown/shimmer/basic (calculated value range: 75k - 80k)

Suddenly they have a very specific value range that the player has very little ability to skew/undercut. Sellers can calculate actual worth in their investments and work out how many babies they have to sell before the parents have paid for themselves. Buyers know that the value of a dragon will NEVER drop below a certain threshold so there is less of a risk in purchasing something nicer. Since there is still a range of values, people can adjust to trends, but there is still the stability of a bottom and top. Which gives us the beginnings of a stable market system.

Plus it's much more welcoming to players who don't necessarily understand how economics work and would rather just concentrate on making pretty things. ;)

This means that people who are interested in quick turn around fodder sales would concentrate on the more common breeds in basic colors, and the people who focus their main incomes in breeding collectible dragons would focus on higher ranges. Obviously these figures are an example only and the math would have to be tweaked and balanced with much more thought and care than 10 minutes while I throw up a post, but you get the idea.

@LunaSea

That's not entirely what I meant. It's fairly obvious the creators intended this game to have certain dragons be more common that others (hence why certain breeds are considered "rare" even though their true population is more common than the basic breeds). I'm suggesting the admins control their value based on this and the value of the genes, perhaps on a grid system.

Example...

a coatl with crystal/facet/underbelly

vs.

a fae with basic/basic/basic

vs.

a mirror with clown/shimmer/basic

say we automatically have a minimum/maximum BASE value attached to each breed based on their "rarity" which would be offered on a drop down that the player can choose.

Plentiful (Fae/Gaurdian/Mirror/Tundra) ................................. 5k (min) - 10k (max)
Common (Pearlcatcher/Ridgeback/Snapper/Spiral)........... 10k - 20k
Uncommon (Skydancer).......................................................... 20k - 30k
Limited (Imnperial/Nocturne)................................................. 30k - 40k
Rare (Coatl/Wildclaw)............................................................... 40k - 50k

which is then the price is boosted by the genes they possess (this would be automatic and based off if the gene is purchasable for treasure or gems originally/admin discretion):

Basic - no bonus
dominant gene (tiger/clown examples) - 20k bonus per gene
recessive gene (iridescent/crystal examples) - 50k bonus per gene

(it should be reflective of how difficult it is to maintain a gene through breeding/how it was originally made available to the players ie... gem market vs treasure market)

Now, if we go back to our original examples:
Quote:
a coatl with crystal/facet/underbelly (calculated value range: 160k - 170k)

vs.

a fae with basic/basic/basic (calculated value range: 5k - 10k)

vs.

a mirror with clown/shimmer/basic (calculated value range: 75k - 80k)

Suddenly they have a very specific value range that the player has very little ability to skew/undercut. Sellers can calculate actual worth in their investments and work out how many babies they have to sell before the parents have paid for themselves. Buyers know that the value of a dragon will NEVER drop below a certain threshold so there is less of a risk in purchasing something nicer. Since there is still a range of values, people can adjust to trends, but there is still the stability of a bottom and top. Which gives us the beginnings of a stable market system.

Plus it's much more welcoming to players who don't necessarily understand how economics work and would rather just concentrate on making pretty things. ;)

This means that people who are interested in quick turn around fodder sales would concentrate on the more common breeds in basic colors, and the people who focus their main incomes in breeding collectible dragons would focus on higher ranges. Obviously these figures are an example only and the math would have to be tweaked and balanced with much more thought and care than 10 minutes while I throw up a post, but you get the idea.

happy-hour-sm_zps1b30e4a6.pngTeam-trouble_zpstocrao68.gif fonfon_zpsrh2xylp4.jpg
Also it would be worth considering upping the base exalt values of rarer breed dragons full stop. It would encourage more of those babes to be sent to the gods and help maintain that breed's "rare" status and value.
Also it would be worth considering upping the base exalt values of rarer breed dragons full stop. It would encourage more of those babes to be sent to the gods and help maintain that breed's "rare" status and value.
happy-hour-sm_zps1b30e4a6.pngTeam-trouble_zpstocrao68.gif fonfon_zpsrh2xylp4.jpg
@Kralisi

Ah, no. Having the admins arbitrarily "boost" the price of a dragon is a bit silly. First off, if there is a minimum a dragon can be sold for that is greater than the exalt price...you now have dragons you can't sell (there's a lot of unsaleable coatls out there) and you create the impression that the player who bred the dragon is now going to take a "loss" due to the difference between the exalt price and the minimum breed/gene sale price.

Even further, all those triple-gened plentiful dragons would still be worth less as an exalt than as a minimum sale price. Now you're stuck with more dragons you can't sell.

I'm going to assume that gen1s are exempt from the plentiful/basic gene pricing.

If higher dragon prices are the goal of a 'proper" auction house I think the solution doesn't address the problem. I do my best to reduce the number of cheap dragons but they keep being bred.

Given how most humans respond to the ability to make a profit, I foresee more intensive breeding of "rare" breeds, not less.
@Kralisi

Ah, no. Having the admins arbitrarily "boost" the price of a dragon is a bit silly. First off, if there is a minimum a dragon can be sold for that is greater than the exalt price...you now have dragons you can't sell (there's a lot of unsaleable coatls out there) and you create the impression that the player who bred the dragon is now going to take a "loss" due to the difference between the exalt price and the minimum breed/gene sale price.

Even further, all those triple-gened plentiful dragons would still be worth less as an exalt than as a minimum sale price. Now you're stuck with more dragons you can't sell.

I'm going to assume that gen1s are exempt from the plentiful/basic gene pricing.

If higher dragon prices are the goal of a 'proper" auction house I think the solution doesn't address the problem. I do my best to reduce the number of cheap dragons but they keep being bred.

Given how most humans respond to the ability to make a profit, I foresee more intensive breeding of "rare" breeds, not less.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind I especially agree with the last part. Nocturnes were supposed to be so amazing and uncommon/rare. Someone posted the other day that there were more nocs in the AH than any other breed. So much for rarity. Personally I have a new goal to make the most beautiful Exaltees I can. Now I am not totally altruistic but I do love sending my dragons off when it is their time! I feel all proud. I am such a dork
@Nightwind I especially agree with the last part. Nocturnes were supposed to be so amazing and uncommon/rare. Someone posted the other day that there were more nocs in the AH than any other breed. So much for rarity. Personally I have a new goal to make the most beautiful Exaltees I can. Now I am not totally altruistic but I do love sending my dragons off when it is their time! I feel all proud. I am such a dork
@LunaSea It turns out that our Nocturnes are mimicing our Imperials and breeding themselves silly/cheap. WaitAndHope also exalts gorgeous triples for the greater glory of the Tidelord. Looking through the fodder I have growing up now this is my prettiest. He's up on the AH in case someone wants him, but he's probably going out to sea: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12246510] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/122466/12246510_350.png[/img] [/url]
@LunaSea

It turns out that our Nocturnes are mimicing our Imperials and breeding themselves silly/cheap. WaitAndHope also exalts gorgeous triples for the greater glory of the Tidelord.

Looking through the fodder I have growing up now this is my prettiest. He's up on the AH in case someone wants him, but he's probably going out to sea:

12246510_350.png
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind So pretty! I am in between trainable exaltees and the prices are dear in the AH... have to wait for some of my own brood to grow up. I need a FR financial consultant to study the market trends for me. C:
@Nightwind So pretty! I am in between trainable exaltees and the prices are dear in the AH... have to wait for some of my own brood to grow up. I need a FR financial consultant to study the market trends for me. C:
i would LOVE this as an added feature! it would make dragon auctions a lot easier and it might make dragon auctions more popular.
i would LOVE this as an added feature! it would make dragon auctions a lot easier and it might make dragon auctions more popular.

HATCHERY
TUMBLR
cIwl6sK.png
kqIigD1.pngUOiauYX.png
kqIigD1.png
kqIigD1.png
Ypb4V1z.gif
IAM6LDQ.gif
1 2 3 4