Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | (Sug) Exalting Experience Improvements!
I'm only new, but in what I've seen of Exalted dragons, all they really receive is the little drabble about 'going to serve a higher power'. Now, I could believe that... if the sprite didn't stay static forever, and in particular the babies never grow up!

To me, it looks like... well... a bit like telling your child that the dog's gone to live on the farm, if you catch my drift.

My suggestion is really a simple one- first, age an exalted baby's sprite to adult (that doesn't seem to be too hard to do to me, if the scrying workshop is any indication).

Second- and this bit is a little more work. art-wise- I'd absolutely love to see the exalted dragons outfitted in armour, magical garb, etc. to reflect their new status as away serving their God. I know it'd cause a bit of grumping, but I'd feel like this would be particularly effective if the outfit awarded isn't accessible through normal play- it's only worn by those special dragons in service, symbol as much as they are garment. If even more resources can be put toward it, I'd find it extra special if said outfit varied a bit by Flight (magical raiments for Arcane, etc).

What I'd also love is a little random event, of receiving a letter from your Exalted babies- they saw something pretty in the grass while out tending crops or performing their daily duties, and they thought of their family back home. They could send something small- 5-50 Treasure, maybe? It could be specific to a certain dragon, or a 'general' event with a chance to trigger after having Exalted at least one (I'd prefer the former, but the latter would probably be easier, I imagine). I just feel like it's something important to add a bit of a dimensionality to the Exalt status, because as it is it really still feels a bit... well. And They Were Never Seen Again, and all.
I'm only new, but in what I've seen of Exalted dragons, all they really receive is the little drabble about 'going to serve a higher power'. Now, I could believe that... if the sprite didn't stay static forever, and in particular the babies never grow up!

To me, it looks like... well... a bit like telling your child that the dog's gone to live on the farm, if you catch my drift.

My suggestion is really a simple one- first, age an exalted baby's sprite to adult (that doesn't seem to be too hard to do to me, if the scrying workshop is any indication).

Second- and this bit is a little more work. art-wise- I'd absolutely love to see the exalted dragons outfitted in armour, magical garb, etc. to reflect their new status as away serving their God. I know it'd cause a bit of grumping, but I'd feel like this would be particularly effective if the outfit awarded isn't accessible through normal play- it's only worn by those special dragons in service, symbol as much as they are garment. If even more resources can be put toward it, I'd find it extra special if said outfit varied a bit by Flight (magical raiments for Arcane, etc).

What I'd also love is a little random event, of receiving a letter from your Exalted babies- they saw something pretty in the grass while out tending crops or performing their daily duties, and they thought of their family back home. They could send something small- 5-50 Treasure, maybe? It could be specific to a certain dragon, or a 'general' event with a chance to trigger after having Exalted at least one (I'd prefer the former, but the latter would probably be easier, I imagine). I just feel like it's something important to add a bit of a dimensionality to the Exalt status, because as it is it really still feels a bit... well. And They Were Never Seen Again, and all.
tumblr_p6xvexhw2Q1w8xkufo9_250.pngHI SOMETIMES I POST EVERYWHERE
Interesting idea.

I support growing up the babies that are exalted and maybe giving them some cool clothes so they actually look like they're doing some important deity related things, though I don't know how much coding that would take and I especially don't know if the staff can do those two things together. It would be cool to see implemented though if the staff found the time to work on that.

I don't really support exalted dragons giving you things. I think once a dragon is exalted, it's gone. You get your reward when they leave and, although I definitely think exalting bonuses can be improved, I don't think getting tiny amounts of treasure or items sporadically would be the best way to go for that, especially once you start getting hundreds of exalted dragons.
Interesting idea.

I support growing up the babies that are exalted and maybe giving them some cool clothes so they actually look like they're doing some important deity related things, though I don't know how much coding that would take and I especially don't know if the staff can do those two things together. It would be cool to see implemented though if the staff found the time to work on that.

I don't really support exalted dragons giving you things. I think once a dragon is exalted, it's gone. You get your reward when they leave and, although I definitely think exalting bonuses can be improved, I don't think getting tiny amounts of treasure or items sporadically would be the best way to go for that, especially once you start getting hundreds of exalted dragons.
Make this tiny goat a familiar.
Micro Goat
I guess- the thing I was hoping to get at isn't necessarily getting treasure from them, it's just the acknowledgement that they still kind of exist? That they're still doing things? I'm not sure what the best way to implement that would be, but never contacting their home clan again is a bit... well, sad.
I guess- the thing I was hoping to get at isn't necessarily getting treasure from them, it's just the acknowledgement that they still kind of exist? That they're still doing things? I'm not sure what the best way to implement that would be, but never contacting their home clan again is a bit... well, sad.
tumblr_p6xvexhw2Q1w8xkufo9_250.pngHI SOMETIMES I POST EVERYWHERE
Exalting is supposed to remove all the info there is about a dragon--your description, weight, stats, etc. Leaving additional info would take up more space which is the opposite of what exalting should be. So there's a point for armour/letters you suggested.

As for showing them grown up--some people who RP specifically exalt their dragons as unnamed hatchlings; maybe they never earned the right to get a name, maybe they died as soon as they were born, etc.

No support.
Exalting is supposed to remove all the info there is about a dragon--your description, weight, stats, etc. Leaving additional info would take up more space which is the opposite of what exalting should be. So there's a point for armour/letters you suggested.

As for showing them grown up--some people who RP specifically exalt their dragons as unnamed hatchlings; maybe they never earned the right to get a name, maybe they died as soon as they were born, etc.

No support.
Actually young dragons used to grow up when exalted. The reason they no longer due is tied to the reason why you have to refresh hatchlings to get them to display the adult images [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=0&tab=dragon&did=4036][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/41/4036_350.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=0&tab=dragon&did=4035][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/41/4035_350.png[/img][/url] Both of those dragons were from my very first clutch when I exalted them right after hatching to see what exalting did. You might be interested in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=261834&page=1]Fayd's Overhaul[/url] as it addresses some of your concerns
Actually young dragons used to grow up when exalted. The reason they no longer due is tied to the reason why you have to refresh hatchlings to get them to display the adult images
4036_350.png4035_350.png
Both of those dragons were from my very first clutch when I exalted them right after hatching to see what exalting did.

You might be interested in Fayd's Overhaul as it addresses some of your concerns
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
No support. The exalted dragons of my clan are exalted because, in the lore, they died. Also for other reasons mentioned above about erasing data pertaining to dragons, and exalted dragons certainly give you rewards beyond the one-time exalt bonus.
No support. The exalted dragons of my clan are exalted because, in the lore, they died. Also for other reasons mentioned above about erasing data pertaining to dragons, and exalted dragons certainly give you rewards beyond the one-time exalt bonus.
bH7MWqP.png
[quote name="PrinceLulu" date="2014-11-19 04:45:59"]My suggestion is really a simple one- first, age an exalted baby's sprite to adult (that doesn't seem to be too hard to do to me, if the scrying workshop is any indication). [/quote] I believe the exalted hatchlings will "grow" into adults (if they still use the dragons image instead of a statue of some kind) once they turn on automatic refreshing. Much the same way as hatchlings in your lair don't grow until you refresh them, exalted hatchlings don't grow until refreshed, but there is no way to manually refresh them as a user. [quote name="PrinceLulu" date="2014-11-19 04:45:59"]Second- and this bit is a little more work. art-wise- I'd absolutely love to see the exalted dragons outfitted in armour, magical garb, etc. to reflect their new status as away serving their God. I know it'd cause a bit of grumping, but I'd feel like this would be particularly effective if the outfit awarded isn't accessible through normal play- it's [i]only[/i] worn by those special dragons in service, symbol as much as they are garment. If even more resources can be put toward it, I'd find it extra special if said outfit varied a bit by Flight (magical raiments for Arcane, etc).[/quote] I'd actually prefer for them to take more work and stored information [i]out[/i] of exalts. Put up a generic statue, maybe one that is different for whatever flight the dragon is exalted to. After all, the deity might want to change their exalted helpers' appearance, and how would your clan know? They will never see the exalted dragon again. [quote name="PrinceLulu" date="2014-11-19 04:45:59"]What I'd also love is a little random event, of receiving a letter from your Exalted babies- they saw something pretty in the grass while out tending crops or performing their daily duties, and they thought of their family back home. They could send something small- 5-50 Treasure, maybe? It could be specific to a certain dragon, or a 'general' event with a chance to trigger after having Exalted at least one (I'd prefer the former, but the latter would probably be easier, I imagine). I just feel like it's something important to add a bit of a dimensionality to the Exalt status, because as it is it really still feels a bit... well. And They Were Never Seen Again, and all.[/quote] Well, I think it's [i]meant[/i] to be a "and they were never seen again" kind of deal. [quote=Dominance Page lore]Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. [b]These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity[/b], using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes.[/quote] I wouldn't be fussed if they added this in, but I also wouldn't be ecstatic. Neutral I guess.
PrinceLulu wrote on 2014-11-19 04:45:59:
I believe the exalted hatchlings will "grow" into adults (if they still use the dragons image instead of a statue of some kind) once they turn on automatic refreshing. Much the same way as hatchlings in your lair don't grow until you refresh them, exalted hatchlings don't grow until refreshed, but there is no way to manually refresh them as a user.
I'd actually prefer for them to take more work and stored information out of exalts. Put up a generic statue, maybe one that is different for whatever flight the dragon is exalted to. After all, the deity might want to change their exalted helpers' appearance, and how would your clan know? They will never see the exalted dragon again.
Well, I think it's meant to be a "and they were never seen again" kind of deal.
Dominance Page lore wrote:
Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes.

I wouldn't be fussed if they added this in, but I also wouldn't be ecstatic. Neutral I guess.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
I wouldn't mind them growing up. But no support for clothing or whatnot. However, there was a suggestion a long while back I liked. Basically, the "pillar" that exalted dragons sit on looks like a light or maybe earth pillar. That doesn't really suit dragons exalted to other flights. So the suggestion was to have 11 different pillars, one for each flight, that exalted dragons sit on to show which deity they serve. It wouldn't be too much of a data increase nor artwork load, and I think it would be a nice touch (it would even come into play should they go to a generic image. At least, FR could have 11 generic images, one for each flight).
I wouldn't mind them growing up. But no support for clothing or whatnot. However, there was a suggestion a long while back I liked. Basically, the "pillar" that exalted dragons sit on looks like a light or maybe earth pillar. That doesn't really suit dragons exalted to other flights. So the suggestion was to have 11 different pillars, one for each flight, that exalted dragons sit on to show which deity they serve. It wouldn't be too much of a data increase nor artwork load, and I think it would be a nice touch (it would even come into play should they go to a generic image. At least, FR could have 11 generic images, one for each flight).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?