Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Inactive Players
1 2 3
Unnecessary
So no
Agreed with what everyone else said
Unnecessary
So no
Agreed with what everyone else said
tumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.gif
[quote name="Lutnik" date="2014-11-15 16:55:05"]I really don't think there is a "need" for these systems. I don't think I've heard of a single website or game of any kind making it so that inactive players things were up for grabs. The fact that some people are to lazy to give their stuff away doesn't mean others are entitled to their stuff. Them giving their stuff away is a gift and a courtesy. If they can't be bothered then so be it, inactive players removing things from circulation is a part of any and every game. If it were actually that big of an issue they would recycle old items into the economy in a different way. As it stands inactive players don't cause a problem for the website, they're just an annoyance to people who see items/dragons they would have liked in the hands of others who aren't using them. People are not entitled to other peoples things, whether they're being used or not. If the player wants to give them away or sell them before they leave, they can and will. That's all there is to it.[/quote] No support for the reasons stated above.
Lutnik wrote on 2014-11-15 16:55:05:
I really don't think there is a "need" for these systems. I don't think I've heard of a single website or game of any kind making it so that inactive players things were up for grabs. The fact that some people are to lazy to give their stuff away doesn't mean others are entitled to their stuff. Them giving their stuff away is a gift and a courtesy. If they can't be bothered then so be it, inactive players removing things from circulation is a part of any and every game. If it were actually that big of an issue they would recycle old items into the economy in a different way.

As it stands inactive players don't cause a problem for the website, they're just an annoyance to people who see items/dragons they would have liked in the hands of others who aren't using them. People are not entitled to other peoples things, whether they're being used or not. If the player wants to give them away or sell them before they leave, they can and will. That's all there is to it.
No support for the reasons stated above.
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Okay Everyone.
I see the reason in your opinions.
But what if the Quitting button had two options in it.
1) "Quitiing, please don't take my stuff"
2)"Quitting, take my stuff if you want."

I personally think this would clear up alot//
Okay Everyone.
I see the reason in your opinions.
But what if the Quitting button had two options in it.
1) "Quitiing, please don't take my stuff"
2)"Quitting, take my stuff if you want."

I personally think this would clear up alot//
The major problem for me is that people are prone to changing their minds months after-the-fact, no matter how sure and resolute they were to start with. There's plenty of room for drama from returning users claiming they 'forgot' or 'didn't mean to click' or whatever and it just all seems like way too much hassle for no reason.

At least if a player makes a board and gives all their stuff away and comes back months later there's no disputing what happened.
The major problem for me is that people are prone to changing their minds months after-the-fact, no matter how sure and resolute they were to start with. There's plenty of room for drama from returning users claiming they 'forgot' or 'didn't mean to click' or whatever and it just all seems like way too much hassle for no reason.

At least if a player makes a board and gives all their stuff away and comes back months later there's no disputing what happened.
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
Just like with any suggestion involving the inactivity of other players, no support since frankly, another player's activity/inactivity isn't anyone else's business, and it would be unnecessary to implement this, especially if it'd be a toggle, since, like everyone else is saying, you could just write it in your clan profile.

It's also nobody's business what stuff anyone else has. It's their stuff, whether they spend time on the site or not, and again, like said already, if they wanted to give it away it's likely they'd have a giveaway/raffle/etc thread for it.

Besides, it's also possible that they may think they're leaving the site forever, and then they decide to come back, even if it's years later. It'd be nice for them to still have the things they left there.

Also, how would "taking their stuff" work anyway? The way the site is set up now, in order to receive anything from another player, they have to give it to you. So in order to be able to receive dragons or items from inactive players, some other feature would have to be created specifically to partner with this other unnecessary feature yada yada
Just like with any suggestion involving the inactivity of other players, no support since frankly, another player's activity/inactivity isn't anyone else's business, and it would be unnecessary to implement this, especially if it'd be a toggle, since, like everyone else is saying, you could just write it in your clan profile.

It's also nobody's business what stuff anyone else has. It's their stuff, whether they spend time on the site or not, and again, like said already, if they wanted to give it away it's likely they'd have a giveaway/raffle/etc thread for it.

Besides, it's also possible that they may think they're leaving the site forever, and then they decide to come back, even if it's years later. It'd be nice for them to still have the things they left there.

Also, how would "taking their stuff" work anyway? The way the site is set up now, in order to receive anything from another player, they have to give it to you. So in order to be able to receive dragons or items from inactive players, some other feature would have to be created specifically to partner with this other unnecessary feature yada yada
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
[quote name="KaidaHime" date="2014-11-15 16:38:31"] Have you been on the internet long? [b]People are lazy![/b] If I decided I didn't like a website I wouldn't give two shakes about it, let alone take the time to try and sell everything off before leaving. True that people can just post their account status in their lair, but on the premise of items and dead accounts removing them from circulation makes there a demand, even a need, for a system to open these items up to the active community.[/quote] Right. People are lazy. So if I'm not interested in FR anymore why should I select anything on my account page? I'll just leave and never come back. Or maybe come back after a while. Situation wouldn't be different from what it is now with or without that option. No support.
KaidaHime wrote on 2014-11-15 16:38:31:
Have you been on the internet long?
People are lazy! If I decided I didn't like a website I wouldn't give two shakes about it, let alone take the time to try and sell everything off before leaving.

True that people can just post their account status in their lair, but on the premise of items and dead accounts removing them from circulation makes there a demand, even a need, for a system to open these items up to the active community.

Right. People are lazy. So if I'm not interested in FR anymore why should I select anything on my account page? I'll just leave and never come back. Or maybe come back after a while. Situation wouldn't be different from what it is now with or without that option.

No support.
No support. As users before have said, we have the clan profile and giveaways. There's no need to implement something like this. (And I have strong feelings about circulating limited items, and I still don't support this.)
No support. As users before have said, we have the clan profile and giveaways. There's no need to implement something like this. (And I have strong feelings about circulating limited items, and I still don't support this.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support.
No support.
This seems kind of redundant for reasons other users have already given.
This seems kind of redundant for reasons other users have already given.
No.

Inactive account should be left alone. Even though they aren't there, the items/dragons on their account belongs to them and not you. They can sell their stuff if they want. If they don't...too bad.

And there is literally no reason for a "quit" button. It's so unnecessary and if someone wanted to let anyone know they quit/are away they can put it on their profile.
No.

Inactive account should be left alone. Even though they aren't there, the items/dragons on their account belongs to them and not you. They can sell their stuff if they want. If they don't...too bad.

And there is literally no reason for a "quit" button. It's so unnecessary and if someone wanted to let anyone know they quit/are away they can put it on their profile.
1 2 3