Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Different/New Sprite Familiars
1 2 3
manly imps
manly imps
Support for a neutral sprite as a rare gathering item.

Alternatively, I'd like to see the introduction of 11 new "false" elemental sprites that appear rarely in the coliseum and drop as rare loot, with names such as "False Fire Sprite" or "Flame Sprite". This option would allow players to collect something visually similar to the elemental sprites without replacing or diminishing the value of the original ones (as well as creating an additional challenge for the completionists among us).
Support for a neutral sprite as a rare gathering item.

Alternatively, I'd like to see the introduction of 11 new "false" elemental sprites that appear rarely in the coliseum and drop as rare loot, with names such as "False Fire Sprite" or "Flame Sprite". This option would allow players to collect something visually similar to the elemental sprites without replacing or diminishing the value of the original ones (as well as creating an additional challenge for the completionists among us).
They've had their time and now we need to move on to something new beside cutesy stuff. No support. Besides there is 11 of them i dont want to see anymore of them.
They've had their time and now we need to move on to something new beside cutesy stuff. No support. Besides there is 11 of them i dont want to see anymore of them.
Since staff already had Imps as an idea for a potential future festival familiar, I'd support that! I'm iffy on the idea of releasing a neutral-type sprite familiar, though.
Since staff already had Imps as an idea for a potential future festival familiar, I'd support that! I'm iffy on the idea of releasing a neutral-type sprite familiar, though.
gvvmw41.png
I'd prefer Imps be the next holiday familiars. That said, I'm super excited for them no matter now we get them!
I'd prefer Imps be the next holiday familiars. That said, I'm super excited for them no matter now we get them!
Pard-ra? Par-dra? I sound like a Thundercats character. Click please? .gif.gif
So I would assume everyone else would be just as eager as me to be able to have...

Imps for our Imps?

//badjoke
So I would assume everyone else would be just as eager as me to be able to have...

Imps for our Imps?

//badjoke
No support. When you have a new festival I want new things. Not just altered old items. It would be so incredibly boring. Instead of an exciting new familiar, just a different version of an old one. Ugh.

edit: Plus I'm tired of cutesy stuff. I want a set of elemental snakes. Not sissy sprites again. It's a dragon game I'm completely over the whole "cute and fuzzy" thing.
No support. When you have a new festival I want new things. Not just altered old items. It would be so incredibly boring. Instead of an exciting new familiar, just a different version of an old one. Ugh.

edit: Plus I'm tired of cutesy stuff. I want a set of elemental snakes. Not sissy sprites again. It's a dragon game I'm completely over the whole "cute and fuzzy" thing.
@Lightscales That's fine, and you're entitled to your opinion! My suggestion was merely for a neutral familiar at the end of each year, so a neutral Sprite, a neutral Bear, etc. You seem to be "not supporting" the wrong thing here.

(Also, just because YOU don't like cutesy things on a srs dragon site with BIG and SCARY dragon hatchlings and TOUGH fae and NASTY spirals doesn't mean other people don't! I think we have more creepy/scary stuff than cutesy stuff, too--like those Nochnyr familiars and the Bone Fiend? Those are some of my favourite things on this site!)
@Lightscales That's fine, and you're entitled to your opinion! My suggestion was merely for a neutral familiar at the end of each year, so a neutral Sprite, a neutral Bear, etc. You seem to be "not supporting" the wrong thing here.

(Also, just because YOU don't like cutesy things on a srs dragon site with BIG and SCARY dragon hatchlings and TOUGH fae and NASTY spirals doesn't mean other people don't! I think we have more creepy/scary stuff than cutesy stuff, too--like those Nochnyr familiars and the Bone Fiend? Those are some of my favourite things on this site!)
@dygii
Most the posts ended up about brining the imp familiars in so that's what I had addressed.

Plus there's a major imbalance of cutesy to fierce familiars here. Way more cutesy and cute to fierce. especially in special familiars
@dygii
Most the posts ended up about brining the imp familiars in so that's what I had addressed.

Plus there's a major imbalance of cutesy to fierce familiars here. Way more cutesy and cute to fierce. especially in special familiars
@Lightscales Mmm, that's fair. This topic did kind of derail a bit. I still like the idea of imps but they don't have to be "cute" imps--I'd be okay with little mischievous demons too! (That is assuming imps are actually a possibility for the next elemental familiar--idk if any of the suggestions on that poll besides the bears were serious or if it was just a cop-out to do bears anyways)

Hmmm, true true! But that's a bit of a stark way of looking at it. I don't mean to start a whole debate here, but while there aren't that many FIERCE familiars, as you put it, there are a lot that stand on a neutral ground. Greatshells aren't really scary but I'd hardly call them cute (they might be to some people, but they're not like. Chibi sprite cute). Shalebucks, elk, owls, anything from Beastclans except maybe the longnecks--there are a lot of very neutral familiars! Then we have things like the wolves, yeti, kamaitachi, toridae, most things you can find in the later levels of the coliseum that seem very deadly to me. Unless your definition of "fierce" is teeth and claws and blood everywhere, there seems to actually be a pretty decent balance of cutesy vs. tough.

And then, what? The bears are actually a really good comparison of that. Like just two months ago we got the Arcane bear which is the cutesiest familiar I've ever seen. And then last month we got the Graveyard Guardian. I don't think there's any imbalance here!
@Lightscales Mmm, that's fair. This topic did kind of derail a bit. I still like the idea of imps but they don't have to be "cute" imps--I'd be okay with little mischievous demons too! (That is assuming imps are actually a possibility for the next elemental familiar--idk if any of the suggestions on that poll besides the bears were serious or if it was just a cop-out to do bears anyways)

Hmmm, true true! But that's a bit of a stark way of looking at it. I don't mean to start a whole debate here, but while there aren't that many FIERCE familiars, as you put it, there are a lot that stand on a neutral ground. Greatshells aren't really scary but I'd hardly call them cute (they might be to some people, but they're not like. Chibi sprite cute). Shalebucks, elk, owls, anything from Beastclans except maybe the longnecks--there are a lot of very neutral familiars! Then we have things like the wolves, yeti, kamaitachi, toridae, most things you can find in the later levels of the coliseum that seem very deadly to me. Unless your definition of "fierce" is teeth and claws and blood everywhere, there seems to actually be a pretty decent balance of cutesy vs. tough.

And then, what? The bears are actually a really good comparison of that. Like just two months ago we got the Arcane bear which is the cutesiest familiar I've ever seen. And then last month we got the Graveyard Guardian. I don't think there's any imbalance here!
1 2 3