Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Different/New Sprite Familiars
1 2 3
okay please don't shoot me just yet hear me out

So it's been brought up time and time again that the sprites should be re-released, unretired, yadda yadda (for the record, I stand by the idea that sprites should NOT be re-released). Whatever your opinion is on that, I had a few ideas that may satisfy people.

One was a new familiar similar to the sprites, but not actually being sprites. They could be the next set of holiday familiars, but something similar to the way they look: stumpy/"chibi" bodies, tails, wings, big adorable eyes, whatever. I know a lot of people only want to collect the sprites because they're rare, but something like this would satisfy people who want to collect the sprites for their designs, but can't because they're retired.

Another idea was to release a non-retired sprite of no corresponding element--think about how some enemies in the Coliseum are neutral. A grey sprite with a sort of generic, simple design, but isn't specific to any holiday and can be found in the Marketplace/in chests. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with this and could ensure that newbies could get their very own sprite! Even if it's not a holiday sprite. They could do the same with upcoming holiday familiars, too: at the end of the year, release a grey, generic looking bear... haha.

Please don't turn this into a discussion on whether the sprites should be re-released or not. Rather, I'd like to hear your ideas on this specific suggestion. Note that I'm not suggesting we get sprite recolours--either a neutral-element sprite or something similar to holiday sprites without being actual sprites altogether.
okay please don't shoot me just yet hear me out

So it's been brought up time and time again that the sprites should be re-released, unretired, yadda yadda (for the record, I stand by the idea that sprites should NOT be re-released). Whatever your opinion is on that, I had a few ideas that may satisfy people.

One was a new familiar similar to the sprites, but not actually being sprites. They could be the next set of holiday familiars, but something similar to the way they look: stumpy/"chibi" bodies, tails, wings, big adorable eyes, whatever. I know a lot of people only want to collect the sprites because they're rare, but something like this would satisfy people who want to collect the sprites for their designs, but can't because they're retired.

Another idea was to release a non-retired sprite of no corresponding element--think about how some enemies in the Coliseum are neutral. A grey sprite with a sort of generic, simple design, but isn't specific to any holiday and can be found in the Marketplace/in chests. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with this and could ensure that newbies could get their very own sprite! Even if it's not a holiday sprite. They could do the same with upcoming holiday familiars, too: at the end of the year, release a grey, generic looking bear... haha.

Please don't turn this into a discussion on whether the sprites should be re-released or not. Rather, I'd like to hear your ideas on this specific suggestion. Note that I'm not suggesting we get sprite recolours--either a neutral-element sprite or something similar to holiday sprites without being actual sprites altogether.
Eyy time to bring out the Imps! Make them a Swipp or Baldwin familiar.

Edited to clarify: The Elemental Imps that Undel referenced when we voted for the 2014-2015 Holiday familiars. Not Imperials.
Eyy time to bring out the Imps! Make them a Swipp or Baldwin familiar.

Edited to clarify: The Elemental Imps that Undel referenced when we voted for the 2014-2015 Holiday familiars. Not Imperials.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary I remember seeing that poll after I joined! to be honest with you any of those ideas sounded more interesting to me than the bears
@Confectionary I remember seeing that poll after I joined! to be honest with you any of those ideas sounded more interesting to me than the bears
@Dygii Don't talk smack about my bears, I love my bears.

I saw an idea a few months ago about Elemental Bosses in the coliseum. Someone suggested Sprites fight along with the Elemental Bosses, but I think it'd be neater to have Elemental Imps fight with the bosses. Have a tiny chance for those suckers to drop, bam. They are the new Yeti.
@Dygii Don't talk smack about my bears, I love my bears.

I saw an idea a few months ago about Elemental Bosses in the coliseum. Someone suggested Sprites fight along with the Elemental Bosses, but I think it'd be neater to have Elemental Imps fight with the bosses. Have a tiny chance for those suckers to drop, bam. They are the new Yeti.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary Aha! Oh no I actually really like the bears it's just in contrast I personally would've rather seen something else. That's what next year is for, though. n_n

But yeah, I do remember seeing that idea and I remember supporting it. I mean I guess the staff more or less filled in a similar idea with the Beastclans, but they're not exactly bosses so I definitely think there'd be room for elementals.
@Confectionary Aha! Oh no I actually really like the bears it's just in contrast I personally would've rather seen something else. That's what next year is for, though. n_n

But yeah, I do remember seeing that idea and I remember supporting it. I mean I guess the staff more or less filled in a similar idea with the Beastclans, but they're not exactly bosses so I definitely think there'd be room for elementals.
I wouldn't mind seeing imps! Even if they are unrelated to elemental holidays. I am bummed how poorly advertised the 2014 familiar poll; I didn't know it existed and didn't get to vote...
I wouldn't mind seeing imps! Even if they are unrelated to elemental holidays. I am bummed how poorly advertised the 2014 familiar poll; I didn't know it existed and didn't get to vote...
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I like the idea of a Neutral Sprite, and I like the idea of Elemental Imps.
I like the idea of a Neutral Sprite, and I like the idea of Elemental Imps.
I hope next year they'll have Male Sprites(Elemental Imps) as holiday familiars...I need matching holiday familiars. I need them for breeding pairs. NEED.

edit: i would also be okay with coliseum venue bosses with lil battle friends that would be cute
I hope next year they'll have Male Sprites(Elemental Imps) as holiday familiars...I need matching holiday familiars. I need them for breeding pairs. NEED.

edit: i would also be okay with coliseum venue bosses with lil battle friends that would be cute
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-11-11 11:20:08"]I think it'd be neater to have Elemental Imps fight with the bosses. Have a tiny chance for those suckers to drop, bam. They are the new Yeti.[/quote] Love this!
Confectionary wrote on 2014-11-11 11:20:08:
I think it'd be neater to have Elemental Imps fight with the bosses. Have a tiny chance for those suckers to drop, bam. They are the new Yeti.

Love this!
[quote name="CountofCasualty" date="2014-11-11 12:17:41"]I hope next year they'll have Male Sprites(Elemental Imps) as holiday familiars...I need matching holiday familiars. I need them for breeding pairs. NEED. edit: i would also be okay with coliseum venue bosses with lil battle friends that would be cute[/quote] I totally agree~ :DD
CountofCasualty wrote on 2014-11-11 12:17:41:

I totally agree~ :DD
signature_fr_kamrin_by_vampireselene13-d90bamc.png
1 2 3