Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Journal/Log?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I genuinely think this would be a great feature! A lot of people use other parts of the site for their journal/lore/art storage (profile, bios, forum threads, even separate sites,...), but these sections are not really intended for it so the features are kind of limited. A section of the forums dedicated just to personal threads (where only OP can post, like IStandWatch suggested) would be a great compromise, and it would clean up other parts of the forum.
I genuinely think this would be a great feature! A lot of people use other parts of the site for their journal/lore/art storage (profile, bios, forum threads, even separate sites,...), but these sections are not really intended for it so the features are kind of limited. A section of the forums dedicated just to personal threads (where only OP can post, like IStandWatch suggested) would be a great compromise, and it would clean up other parts of the forum.
I support this, I think, but it should be private. If it's only for the user, then it can't do anybody any harm and doesn't need to be moderated (there just also needs to be safeguards so it can't be shared outside of FR).

Should there be a page cap, like a Minecraft book? Then you have less data per user. Kinda circumvents the lore stuff though.

(Note- supporting a private journal doesn't mean I don't think a forum for this sort of thing wouldn't be helpful, just that it sounds like the easier option from a moderation standpoint)
I support this, I think, but it should be private. If it's only for the user, then it can't do anybody any harm and doesn't need to be moderated (there just also needs to be safeguards so it can't be shared outside of FR).

Should there be a page cap, like a Minecraft book? Then you have less data per user. Kinda circumvents the lore stuff though.

(Note- supporting a private journal doesn't mean I don't think a forum for this sort of thing wouldn't be helpful, just that it sounds like the easier option from a moderation standpoint)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

i genuinely love this idea because ive been wishing for a journal feature for a while now because i really want a place to jot down my thoughts or progress with the game, i think there should also be an option for it to be either public or private. i dont think it would be a good idea to allow comments - i think the best place for this would be another forum added for journals/notes of players that we have the ability to lock or unlock perhaps? i think enough people use the "post your current thought" thread for just about the same thing im wishing for, so i could see a higher demand for something like this! i personally dont write lore, but i think it would be incredibly useful for the ones that do as well! many players use offsite blogs and things for lore, so i think it would be an awesome feature for us. i normally use dragon bios for notes and things, but it can get kind of messy and unorganized very quick.
i genuinely love this idea because ive been wishing for a journal feature for a while now because i really want a place to jot down my thoughts or progress with the game, i think there should also be an option for it to be either public or private. i dont think it would be a good idea to allow comments - i think the best place for this would be another forum added for journals/notes of players that we have the ability to lock or unlock perhaps? i think enough people use the "post your current thought" thread for just about the same thing im wishing for, so i could see a higher demand for something like this! i personally dont write lore, but i think it would be incredibly useful for the ones that do as well! many players use offsite blogs and things for lore, so i think it would be an awesome feature for us. i normally use dragon bios for notes and things, but it can get kind of messy and unorganized very quick.
underoath-envy.gif | Malice or Jolene | wishlist | sales | 9S8BEmF.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6