Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Double Flight Forums
I want to see what happens when you put two different flights together in one forum. We have our flight only forum, and then we can mingle with all the other flights too, but what would result of having joint forums? For instance, how would Earth and Light react together in one forum? Which joint forums would be quiet and which would be hopping? Would a writer heavy flight and Light create places to share and review fanfictions? Each flight has different games and things going on within, Lightning has a Science Livestream, Light has a book club, would Light+Lightning forum have a science book club? I would join that READily. >w> *Coughs* Basically I just want to know how two different flights, when isolated together, would act. What they would and could create together, in a different way then we would in the general forums. A science book club might get lost in general forum with all the other flights in there, but if it were posted into the Light+Ning forum it would be much more popular.

There would be your own flight forum still, and new forums would be added depending on your flight. For me, I'd get 10 new forums. Lightning+Plague, Lightning+Nature, Lightning+Light, Lightning+Earth, ect. There'd be a combo for all of them. That was the idea anyway.

Additionally, say someone just switched from Plague to Nature, they've been active in the Plague flight forum for a while, and when they switch to nature they no longer are familiar with everyone in the flight only forum. They go to the Plague+Nature forum and still have old friends while also being slowly introduced to their nature comrades. A way for people who are active in the forums to ease into their new community.

Granted it might not work or be needed, but if it was tried out and worked well, maybe it could become a permanent thing.

I've been studying the different flights way too much, forgive me. U-U I made this http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gend&id=1153461 and have been learning and studying the different aspects of different flights since and getting steadily more excited and in love with the flight rising community as a whole.

If this ends up being done, I volunteer as tribute moderator for one of the joint lightning flight forums. Dibs on Light+Lightning.

I am well aware of how many suggestions I put in this forum and how much I need to stop
I want to see what happens when you put two different flights together in one forum. We have our flight only forum, and then we can mingle with all the other flights too, but what would result of having joint forums? For instance, how would Earth and Light react together in one forum? Which joint forums would be quiet and which would be hopping? Would a writer heavy flight and Light create places to share and review fanfictions? Each flight has different games and things going on within, Lightning has a Science Livestream, Light has a book club, would Light+Lightning forum have a science book club? I would join that READily. >w> *Coughs* Basically I just want to know how two different flights, when isolated together, would act. What they would and could create together, in a different way then we would in the general forums. A science book club might get lost in general forum with all the other flights in there, but if it were posted into the Light+Ning forum it would be much more popular.

There would be your own flight forum still, and new forums would be added depending on your flight. For me, I'd get 10 new forums. Lightning+Plague, Lightning+Nature, Lightning+Light, Lightning+Earth, ect. There'd be a combo for all of them. That was the idea anyway.

Additionally, say someone just switched from Plague to Nature, they've been active in the Plague flight forum for a while, and when they switch to nature they no longer are familiar with everyone in the flight only forum. They go to the Plague+Nature forum and still have old friends while also being slowly introduced to their nature comrades. A way for people who are active in the forums to ease into their new community.

Granted it might not work or be needed, but if it was tried out and worked well, maybe it could become a permanent thing.

I've been studying the different flights way too much, forgive me. U-U I made this http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gend&id=1153461 and have been learning and studying the different aspects of different flights since and getting steadily more excited and in love with the flight rising community as a whole.

If this ends up being done, I volunteer as tribute moderator for one of the joint lightning flight forums. Dibs on Light+Lightning.

I am well aware of how many suggestions I put in this forum and how much I need to stop
Take the flight test!
There's no limit to how many suggestions you can make, don't worry about that. c:

But honestly, no support for this idea. Mingling with other Flights is done in FRD, which seems like plenty to me. Plus, how would the admins decide which Flights get merged? Would it switch constantly? Would the Dual Flight Forums be separate from the Singular Flight Forums? If not, how would private dominance pushes be planned/handled? If so, what kind of animosity could be bred because of it? I think there's just far too much drama potential and too much work involved for this to be worth it in the end.

It's a nice idea, but I don't think it would be beneficial.
There's no limit to how many suggestions you can make, don't worry about that. c:

But honestly, no support for this idea. Mingling with other Flights is done in FRD, which seems like plenty to me. Plus, how would the admins decide which Flights get merged? Would it switch constantly? Would the Dual Flight Forums be separate from the Singular Flight Forums? If not, how would private dominance pushes be planned/handled? If so, what kind of animosity could be bred because of it? I think there's just far too much drama potential and too much work involved for this to be worth it in the end.

It's a nice idea, but I don't think it would be beneficial.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Neat idea, but not really practical at all. Also, I feel like most of them would just be slow/empty, and it could cause problems during dom battles and stuff.
Neat idea, but not really practical at all. Also, I feel like most of them would just be slow/empty, and it could cause problems during dom battles and stuff.
Can't support, sorry. We'd need...121 forums? FRD is for that.
Can't support, sorry. We'd need...121 forums? FRD is for that.
1qad2pq.jpg
It sounds nice, but it's basically the FR Discussion forum you are talking about, with less people. I don't really see the point to having a forum like that, to be honest.

No support.
It sounds nice, but it's basically the FR Discussion forum you are talking about, with less people. I don't really see the point to having a forum like that, to be honest.

No support.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
I'm going to say no support, you'd need too many forums for each Flight to have a joint private forum with each other Flight. If you want to talk to people in other Flight you can use the Flight Rising Discussion forums or if you want it private start a private chatroom or something?
I'm going to say no support, you'd need too many forums for each Flight to have a joint private forum with each other Flight. If you want to talk to people in other Flight you can use the Flight Rising Discussion forums or if you want it private start a private chatroom or something?
6xcUChx.png

aaa%20bfr_zps1hiir7rg.png
Oh! You can use forumotion.com to make them. Is that allowed?
Oh! You can use forumotion.com to make them. Is that allowed?
1qad2pq.jpg
I'd like the idea of flight alliances where you can have merged dom pushes and forums, but on its own I don't think this would work out very well.
I'd like the idea of flight alliances where you can have merged dom pushes and forums, but on its own I don't think this would work out very well.