Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Easier ways to earn treasure?
1 2
Playing games is fun and so is collecting and selling dragons and items, but at the rate of how expensive items and dragons are in the marketplace or in the auction house... stuff gets hard to afford. Paying for Nesting Grounds and more Lair space makes total sense, but getting the treasure to do so takes forever. Not everyone has perfect hatchlings to sell for 60k a piece, and when I have 100k and the choice of expanding my lair, getting a new nest or buying that new tertiary gene for my fae... It comes down to what will get me nicer hatchlings to sell so I might have enough treasure to do that other thing I couldn't afford?
Faster/Easier ways to make treasure or even getting more treasure from the games... It would make the 250k+ dragons and scrolls seem a little more possible to aquire.
Playing games is fun and so is collecting and selling dragons and items, but at the rate of how expensive items and dragons are in the marketplace or in the auction house... stuff gets hard to afford. Paying for Nesting Grounds and more Lair space makes total sense, but getting the treasure to do so takes forever. Not everyone has perfect hatchlings to sell for 60k a piece, and when I have 100k and the choice of expanding my lair, getting a new nest or buying that new tertiary gene for my fae... It comes down to what will get me nicer hatchlings to sell so I might have enough treasure to do that other thing I couldn't afford?
Faster/Easier ways to make treasure or even getting more treasure from the games... It would make the 250k+ dragons and scrolls seem a little more possible to aquire.
they/them or he/him
The problem is inflation. If it becomes easier to earn treasure, more people earn more treasure, more treasure gets put into the game. People spend more treasure, buying up all the cheaper items listed, thus only higher priced items are left. So even though everyone can make more, things cost more too.

And some items (like the fire and light sprite) cost a whole frickin lot to begin with. It would also really cause the gem/treasure ratio to fluctuate wildly.

However, personally, I would really like to see the fairgrounds payout better. Currently Shock Switch is the only one close to a good pay out. Otherwise you have to spend hours playing games (that tend to get monotonous quickly) just to hit the 75K cap. I really wouldn't mind if FR kept the cap, but increased the payouts in Runestones, Tidal Trouble and Jigsaw.
The problem is inflation. If it becomes easier to earn treasure, more people earn more treasure, more treasure gets put into the game. People spend more treasure, buying up all the cheaper items listed, thus only higher priced items are left. So even though everyone can make more, things cost more too.

And some items (like the fire and light sprite) cost a whole frickin lot to begin with. It would also really cause the gem/treasure ratio to fluctuate wildly.

However, personally, I would really like to see the fairgrounds payout better. Currently Shock Switch is the only one close to a good pay out. Otherwise you have to spend hours playing games (that tend to get monotonous quickly) just to hit the 75K cap. I really wouldn't mind if FR kept the cap, but increased the payouts in Runestones, Tidal Trouble and Jigsaw.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Unfortunately, inflation can be summed up in a nutshell - the more money there is the less it's worth.

If more treasure circulates in-game, AH prices will rise to roughly the same value that they are now because that's what the market will bear (what people are willing to pay), but the actual treasure cost will just be higher.

I suspect we all would love more money and faster ways to earn it in game. It just wouldn't ultimately make a difference :-/

I do agree a lot of the faireground games make for slow accumulation of treasure, though.
Unfortunately, inflation can be summed up in a nutshell - the more money there is the less it's worth.

If more treasure circulates in-game, AH prices will rise to roughly the same value that they are now because that's what the market will bear (what people are willing to pay), but the actual treasure cost will just be higher.

I suspect we all would love more money and faster ways to earn it in game. It just wouldn't ultimately make a difference :-/

I do agree a lot of the faireground games make for slow accumulation of treasure, though.
Attermire Scar
*Sigh* if only this would help things.

Making money is such a dang pain in this game. Like for real. But it really is best to leave it where it is. Because the others are right, inflation is a foul beast and the only things that will be easier to attain are things with a set price, not any of the good stuff lol. Even then, if the rate of gaining treasure is raised high enough, then you could very well see price adjustment on the marketplace items too.
*Sigh* if only this would help things.

Making money is such a dang pain in this game. Like for real. But it really is best to leave it where it is. Because the others are right, inflation is a foul beast and the only things that will be easier to attain are things with a set price, not any of the good stuff lol. Even then, if the rate of gaining treasure is raised high enough, then you could very well see price adjustment on the marketplace items too.
cl1lC8F.png
I am all for higher pay-out for games. I like the idea of getting genes for my own dragons, and having a reachable goal as compared to buying dragons that are decent and getting tired of them later.
I am all for higher pay-out for games. I like the idea of getting genes for my own dragons, and having a reachable goal as compared to buying dragons that are decent and getting tired of them later.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
I agree with all that has been said..

I wonder how many people actually reach the treasure cap on the games? Because that treasure cap could stay the same, but with a higher payout it would be more possible to reach the cap in the first place. I usually get to maybe 40k and then I get bored with whatever I've been playing...

I wonder how many people actually reach the treasure cap on the games? Because that treasure cap could stay the same, but with a higher payout it would be more possible to reach the cap in the first place. I usually get to maybe 40k and then I get bored with whatever I've been playing...
they/them or he/him
I've actually heard somewhere that games used to pay out higher. I'd like confirmation on that, but if it was changed to be lower...why? Very few people reach the treasure cap, at least that I talk to. I used to try to reach the level cap every day and not only did it eat up my time, but it also got incredibly boring.

I don't know if higher payouts while keeping the cap would create major inflation, though. Not an economy major. So I support higher payouts, but take that support with a grain of salt.
I've actually heard somewhere that games used to pay out higher. I'd like confirmation on that, but if it was changed to be lower...why? Very few people reach the treasure cap, at least that I talk to. I used to try to reach the level cap every day and not only did it eat up my time, but it also got incredibly boring.

I don't know if higher payouts while keeping the cap would create major inflation, though. Not an economy major. So I support higher payouts, but take that support with a grain of salt.
nonbinary!! not a girl!!
she/her/hers or they/them/theirs!
maybe I'll make a pretty banner eventually
[quote name="CherryLimeSalt" date="2014-07-17 19:06:04"]I agree with all that has been said.. I wonder how many people actually reach the treasure cap on the games? Because that treasure cap could stay the same, but with a higher payout it would be more possible to [i]reach[/i] the cap in the first place. I usually get to maybe 40k and then I get bored with whatever I've been playing...[/quote] I usually listen to music or TV while playing shock switch and end each get once I hit about 100k on very easy, helps pass the time a little. But yeah, it usually takes me about an hour and a half to hit the cap and shock switch gets really boring after a while. I think if we had more games to play that would be better, too, but yeah I wish the games like tidal trouble paid more than just 240 each round.
CherryLimeSalt wrote on 2014-07-17 19:06:04:

I usually listen to music or TV while playing shock switch and end each get once I hit about 100k on very easy, helps pass the time a little. But yeah, it usually takes me about an hour and a half to hit the cap and shock switch gets really boring after a while. I think if we had more games to play that would be better, too, but yeah I wish the games like tidal trouble paid more than just 240 each round.

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep]
A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
I'd like to see the deductions from profits at the auction house even steeper than they are now, as a treasure sink. Like increasing taxes for the rich. If there was a way to take more treasure out of circulation (especially one that was weighted) that would allow for higher payouts from games etc. without drowning the economy.

I've never actually hit the cap for the games - my computer can't handle even the reduced-effects games for that long.
I'd like to see the deductions from profits at the auction house even steeper than they are now, as a treasure sink. Like increasing taxes for the rich. If there was a way to take more treasure out of circulation (especially one that was weighted) that would allow for higher payouts from games etc. without drowning the economy.

I've never actually hit the cap for the games - my computer can't handle even the reduced-effects games for that long.
@maniacalchimera
Well I think I have an idea on what you're talking about.
Back then the cap wasn't a hard 75k, but the amount of treasure you could earn in the Fairgrounds was once unlimited. The 'Lucky Streak' was 25k, and that was named so because you can earn that 25k everyday much faster than anything after that. Like, the games pay out like 200% than the usual rate, but after the 25k, it goes back to normal. I guess that's what you were talking about when they used to pay higher?

Come to think of it, I totally forgot why they decided to make it a hard cap in the first place. That change was a long time ago though...last year September? October? I never reached that 25k cap anyway so it was kind of a bummer for me. It was supposed to control the amount of treasure some people were earning, I suppose?

It would be cool if they brought back what the Lucky Streak was supposed to be. I'd play the Fairgrounds more if that was the case, but I wouldn't know what that would do to the already sad economy hahaha.
@maniacalchimera
Well I think I have an idea on what you're talking about.
Back then the cap wasn't a hard 75k, but the amount of treasure you could earn in the Fairgrounds was once unlimited. The 'Lucky Streak' was 25k, and that was named so because you can earn that 25k everyday much faster than anything after that. Like, the games pay out like 200% than the usual rate, but after the 25k, it goes back to normal. I guess that's what you were talking about when they used to pay higher?

Come to think of it, I totally forgot why they decided to make it a hard cap in the first place. That change was a long time ago though...last year September? October? I never reached that 25k cap anyway so it was kind of a bummer for me. It was supposed to control the amount of treasure some people were earning, I suppose?

It would be cool if they brought back what the Lucky Streak was supposed to be. I'd play the Fairgrounds more if that was the case, but I wouldn't know what that would do to the already sad economy hahaha.
m16OKP.jpeg
1 2