Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Suggestion - Profiteering Prevention
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Hargrove" date="2014-07-16 07:43:47"]I am against measures to stop sniping as an idea - but I wouldn't be against measures to give someone who bought an item a 24hr cooldown before buying another one - even if only on genes or breed scrolls.[/quote] @Hargrove Tiger is a Gene scroll. [item=Primary Gene: Tiger] If you limit people to only buying one of any item for a 24 hour cooldown, it would be seriously detrimental to people like me who like to buy and scroll in bulk. Tiger is an older gene, so it sits in the AH and sometimes doesn't even sell out before the MP resets. Getting 3 Tiger genes would be a piece of cake. But if I could only buy one a day, I'd literally be [i]forced[/i] to buy the rest of the genes from the AH or other users instead of dumping the money into the site. So [i][u]I[/u][/i] would be punished equally as a consumer as much as the botters. Edit: I didn't see your edit until after I had posted. A one hour cooldown is a far better suggestion than 24 hours, but still would frustrate me as a consumer. If there are 5 Primary Gene: Tigers sitting in the marketplace and I could complete three dragons with them, I would like to just buy them outright, not have to piddle about for an hour for the next one, and then the last one.
Hargrove wrote on 2014-07-16 07:43:47:
I am against measures to stop sniping as an idea - but I wouldn't be against measures to give someone who bought an item a 24hr cooldown before buying another one - even if only on genes or breed scrolls.

@Hargrove Tiger is a Gene scroll.

Primary Gene: Tiger

If you limit people to only buying one of any item for a 24 hour cooldown, it would be seriously detrimental to people like me who like to buy and scroll in bulk. Tiger is an older gene, so it sits in the AH and sometimes doesn't even sell out before the MP resets. Getting 3 Tiger genes would be a piece of cake. But if I could only buy one a day, I'd literally be forced to buy the rest of the genes from the AH or other users instead of dumping the money into the site. So I would be punished equally as a consumer as much as the botters.

Edit: I didn't see your edit until after I had posted. A one hour cooldown is a far better suggestion than 24 hours, but still would frustrate me as a consumer. If there are 5 Primary Gene: Tigers sitting in the marketplace and I could complete three dragons with them, I would like to just buy them outright, not have to piddle about for an hour for the next one, and then the last one.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary

Hahaha, I should have clarified when you said "Tiger" - sorry, I'm multitasking.

NEW items.

Like, first-week new items.

Sorry. ^^
@Confectionary

Hahaha, I should have clarified when you said "Tiger" - sorry, I'm multitasking.

NEW items.

Like, first-week new items.

Sorry. ^^
8n73Nw8.png
@Hargrove Ehh I'm not a coder, so I don't know if that would be an effective use of their time or not. I feel like it wouldn't really be that beneficial. I'd much rather see them spend their time figuring out how to recognize and ban users who are using bots. c:
@Hargrove Ehh I'm not a coder, so I don't know if that would be an effective use of their time or not. I feel like it wouldn't really be that beneficial. I'd much rather see them spend their time figuring out how to recognize and ban users who are using bots. c:
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary

I'm totally with you there, but I don't know how feasible it is to go after botters, and how much will there is to do so.

I mean, siteside, you only see the times of access. A bot would be inhumanly fast, but there would be infinite controversy about whether a tenth of a second or a half were "inhuman" (counting load times, internet speeds, etc etc).

It's also possibly disadvantageous for the site if they ban several popular players. I mean, they haven't fixed the Coli in a year, so I suspect whatever they're busy with, they're not working with a surplus of staff.

There would be a bit of coding to add a tag to new genes and breedscrolls, but you wouldn't even have to have a clock to disable the cooldown tag if you did it manually (which is NOT all that often if you're only doing genes and breedscrolls in their first week). It's actually the easiest fix to an otherwise resource-intense problem.

You could do something like have a hidden program looking for people who snag 4-5 items within 0.xx seconds of the auction refresh per day or something, but it seems like a lot more of a headache.
@Confectionary

I'm totally with you there, but I don't know how feasible it is to go after botters, and how much will there is to do so.

I mean, siteside, you only see the times of access. A bot would be inhumanly fast, but there would be infinite controversy about whether a tenth of a second or a half were "inhuman" (counting load times, internet speeds, etc etc).

It's also possibly disadvantageous for the site if they ban several popular players. I mean, they haven't fixed the Coli in a year, so I suspect whatever they're busy with, they're not working with a surplus of staff.

There would be a bit of coding to add a tag to new genes and breedscrolls, but you wouldn't even have to have a clock to disable the cooldown tag if you did it manually (which is NOT all that often if you're only doing genes and breedscrolls in their first week). It's actually the easiest fix to an otherwise resource-intense problem.

You could do something like have a hidden program looking for people who snag 4-5 items within 0.xx seconds of the auction refresh per day or something, but it seems like a lot more of a headache.
8n73Nw8.png
No support. Flipping's a legitimate way to make money, and it works for both the flipper and the buyer, who can sell a nest of dragons for more than double their normal price if the gene is new.
Botting does need to be taken care of, but the way that's suggested punishes those doing it legitimately.
No support. Flipping's a legitimate way to make money, and it works for both the flipper and the buyer, who can sell a nest of dragons for more than double their normal price if the gene is new.
Botting does need to be taken care of, but the way that's suggested punishes those doing it legitimately.
@Esme

Support! Anything to discourage flipping at exorbitant prices is fine by me, though I'd rather see a way to prevent items from being relisted at a certain markup percentage. After all, the point of the game is to collect and make pretty dragons, and if the average user can't purchase the gene scrolls needed to do that at a reasonable price, then there's not much point in playing the game.
@Esme

Support! Anything to discourage flipping at exorbitant prices is fine by me, though I'd rather see a way to prevent items from being relisted at a certain markup percentage. After all, the point of the game is to collect and make pretty dragons, and if the average user can't purchase the gene scrolls needed to do that at a reasonable price, then there's not much point in playing the game.
24487.png24488.png
I do support finding a way to catch and punish botters.
I do support finding a way to catch and punish botters.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support. Snipers and flipping are legimete ways to make money.

If you corncern is the botters punsih them rather than real people who hunt the marketplace
No support. Snipers and flipping are legimete ways to make money.

If you corncern is the botters punsih them rather than real people who hunt the marketplace
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I don't really support or not, but I would like to make a suggestion. If botters are a concern, than you could take the Wajas route. With every restock, each user can only grab a limited number of each item. Wajas' was 2-3 for every restock(every 15 minutes) so maybe one scroll per restock?
All that would fix is limiting botters to one gene each, but I guess that its better than a free-for-all.

Like I said, I don't really stand anywhere on this topic, but maybe my suggestion would be a nice compromise. It's not like anyone BUT botters are able to snipe more than one per restock anyways.
I don't really support or not, but I would like to make a suggestion. If botters are a concern, than you could take the Wajas route. With every restock, each user can only grab a limited number of each item. Wajas' was 2-3 for every restock(every 15 minutes) so maybe one scroll per restock?
All that would fix is limiting botters to one gene each, but I guess that its better than a free-for-all.

Like I said, I don't really stand anywhere on this topic, but maybe my suggestion would be a nice compromise. It's not like anyone BUT botters are able to snipe more than one per restock anyways.
tumblr_og952mGjFx1vzfkcno1_75sq.giftumblr_ogb7llWAAL1vzfkcno1_100.giftumblr_og96j2sxWa1vzfkcno1_75sq.gif
No support.

I get people upset about cheaters that uses bots, but I would prefer the devs actually going behind them instead of banishing the entire userbase because of the problems those are causing.
No support.

I get people upset about cheaters that uses bots, but I would prefer the devs actually going behind them instead of banishing the entire userbase because of the problems those are causing.
1 2 3 4 5