Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Suggestion - Profiteering Prevention
1 2 3 4 5
As my husband has watched me reload the marketplace attempting to get my grabby hands on the new genes for my dragons, he has repeatedly said that there should be some measure in place to lessen the likeliness of profiteers. (Those which are only stalking the marketplace to repost the item on the Auctions for a rediculous price.)

He suggested putting a cooldown on newly released items, that prevent Auction house listing for 24 hours. Therefore, most will be less interestied in purchasing only to immediately resell.

Currently I'm trying to snag a couple more Smoke genes for my double carribbean pair that breed in 2 days, and I know I'll be back when Bar is release for my dragon Kiri. (No smoke re-stock at 8:35 btw.) It would be nice to see some kind of preventative measure in my opinon, as, while I could afford to buy the overpriced Auction genes, I don't prefer to encourage that type of behaviour, personally.

What do others think, and is this even possible?
As my husband has watched me reload the marketplace attempting to get my grabby hands on the new genes for my dragons, he has repeatedly said that there should be some measure in place to lessen the likeliness of profiteers. (Those which are only stalking the marketplace to repost the item on the Auctions for a rediculous price.)

He suggested putting a cooldown on newly released items, that prevent Auction house listing for 24 hours. Therefore, most will be less interestied in purchasing only to immediately resell.

Currently I'm trying to snag a couple more Smoke genes for my double carribbean pair that breed in 2 days, and I know I'll be back when Bar is release for my dragon Kiri. (No smoke re-stock at 8:35 btw.) It would be nice to see some kind of preventative measure in my opinon, as, while I could afford to buy the overpriced Auction genes, I don't prefer to encourage that type of behaviour, personally.

What do others think, and is this even possible?
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
No support. Sniping is just another business tactic. It took just about a month for Ripple and Current to die down. Another week or two and it'll be the same.
No support. Sniping is just another business tactic. It took just about a month for Ripple and Current to die down. Another week or two and it'll be the same.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
I might not like it but No Support, I can appreciate this is a way that people make money after all. Eventually people will cool down and I'll be able to get the smoke gene that I want.
I might not like it but No Support, I can appreciate this is a way that people make money after all. Eventually people will cool down and I'll be able to get the smoke gene that I want.
Yt4sddf.png
I know this is a passionate subject for many people...but I don't think it'd help. If I were a sniper, I'd just hoard items on day one and mass list them on day two. So I don't really think this would solve anything.
I know this is a passionate subject for many people...but I don't think it'd help. If I were a sniper, I'd just hoard items on day one and mass list them on day two. So I don't really think this would solve anything.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support, restocking is just as legitimate a way of making treasure as selling dragons. If you don't want to pay the auction house prices, wait about a week and you'll be able to grab them directly from the marketplace.
No support, restocking is just as legitimate a way of making treasure as selling dragons. If you don't want to pay the auction house prices, wait about a week and you'll be able to grab them directly from the marketplace.
For the billionth time, no. You are more then capible of getting anything you want on this game. Restocking is a legit way to make money not just on FR but on any virtual game ever in the history of ever.
For the billionth time, no. You are more then capible of getting anything you want on this game. Restocking is a legit way to make money not just on FR but on any virtual game ever in the history of ever.
knhLXgs.png
@kerise - The dragon in your sig is lovely!
@kerise - The dragon in your sig is lovely!
knhLXgs.png
Eh. Here's what's not legitimate about this tactic:

We can basically agree some people are definitely botting this, right?

I mean, there's a HUGE financial incentive to run a program that will snipe these things for you. I gave up on trying to get them because I didn't want to cheat. Let's face it, without a dedicated team going after people who are bot-sniping, who are often the people spending the most time (perhaps money?) on the game anyway, there is no penalty for it either.

I spent an entire day sitting on the AH for these once. I refreshed the page a lot to sync my computer clock with the FR clock. I guessed the position the item I wanted would appear in, correctly, and a fraction of a second was not enough to get them - every time. We're talking like half a second. Sure, it's not proof, but my experience isn't isolated. When Barry Bonds is 40ish and at the end of his career then suddenly transforms into a supermonster, you kind of wonder if maybe steroids are involved, eh? I mean we can at least agree it's extremely unlikely NO ONE of the tens of thousands of players is using bots for this, right?

The end result is not that people aren't willing to work for it - trust me, many have tried - it's that we literally cannot compete fairly. I think it's also silly to expect the FR staff to police every item in the game hard enough to stop it. I am against measures to stop sniping as an idea - but I wouldn't be against measures to give someone who bought an item a 24hr cooldown before buying another one - even if only on genes or breed scrolls.

TL;DR: Sniping is a legit tactic, but should be limited because no one can beat a bot without a bot. 24 hr cooldown not to sell, but to buy - perhaps only genes and breed scrolls - would be nifty.
Eh. Here's what's not legitimate about this tactic:

We can basically agree some people are definitely botting this, right?

I mean, there's a HUGE financial incentive to run a program that will snipe these things for you. I gave up on trying to get them because I didn't want to cheat. Let's face it, without a dedicated team going after people who are bot-sniping, who are often the people spending the most time (perhaps money?) on the game anyway, there is no penalty for it either.

I spent an entire day sitting on the AH for these once. I refreshed the page a lot to sync my computer clock with the FR clock. I guessed the position the item I wanted would appear in, correctly, and a fraction of a second was not enough to get them - every time. We're talking like half a second. Sure, it's not proof, but my experience isn't isolated. When Barry Bonds is 40ish and at the end of his career then suddenly transforms into a supermonster, you kind of wonder if maybe steroids are involved, eh? I mean we can at least agree it's extremely unlikely NO ONE of the tens of thousands of players is using bots for this, right?

The end result is not that people aren't willing to work for it - trust me, many have tried - it's that we literally cannot compete fairly. I think it's also silly to expect the FR staff to police every item in the game hard enough to stop it. I am against measures to stop sniping as an idea - but I wouldn't be against measures to give someone who bought an item a 24hr cooldown before buying another one - even if only on genes or breed scrolls.

TL;DR: Sniping is a legit tactic, but should be limited because no one can beat a bot without a bot. 24 hr cooldown not to sell, but to buy - perhaps only genes and breed scrolls - would be nifty.
8n73Nw8.png
@Hargrove All due respect, I really disagree with your logic. I'm positive there are people out there using bots, one of the creators posted all of *********** about it, bragging. However, not every user is using bots. Pandatao and her crew are not, and instead snipe things the sell to users who are unable to get them themselves, usually at fair prices or market place value.

If I want to gene three of my dragons with Tiger, I don't want to have to wait 3 days to buy three scrolls. That's silly. And I can't imagine they'd bother with coding it only for a week or two for one type of item. It just wouldn't be productive on their end when they've got so much on their plate already.

I really don't support the idea of "well, these users are botting, so everyone should be punished equally."
@Hargrove All due respect, I really disagree with your logic. I'm positive there are people out there using bots, one of the creators posted all of *********** about it, bragging. However, not every user is using bots. Pandatao and her crew are not, and instead snipe things the sell to users who are unable to get them themselves, usually at fair prices or market place value.

If I want to gene three of my dragons with Tiger, I don't want to have to wait 3 days to buy three scrolls. That's silly. And I can't imagine they'd bother with coding it only for a week or two for one type of item. It just wouldn't be productive on their end when they've got so much on their plate already.

I really don't support the idea of "well, these users are botting, so everyone should be punished equally."
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary

I really don't follow.

If you want three scrolls for your dragons, and you can actually get those in one day without a bot, /salute. I think it's disingenuous to even suggest, however, that that's a normal scenario.

EDIT: Clarification, am only referring to NEW scrolls. Tiger scrolls obviously don't need a cooldown.

Then, the people who would be almost exclusively punished by the cooldown are botters.

You could make it a 1 hr cooldown and it would still make a tremendous difference.
@Confectionary

I really don't follow.

If you want three scrolls for your dragons, and you can actually get those in one day without a bot, /salute. I think it's disingenuous to even suggest, however, that that's a normal scenario.

EDIT: Clarification, am only referring to NEW scrolls. Tiger scrolls obviously don't need a cooldown.

Then, the people who would be almost exclusively punished by the cooldown are botters.

You could make it a 1 hr cooldown and it would still make a tremendous difference.
8n73Nw8.png
1 2 3 4 5