Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breed with Sexual Dimorphism
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
yessss support
yessss support
HdmxfuE.png
tn0RSo5.png
gziv3Ja.png
tqGkHih.png
J7D1quC.png
xx
I'm in favor of more extreme dimorphism, but I'd say the genders are already evenly matched.

For males, you have the pearlcatcher with an extra horn and the tundra with a mane. For females, you have the wildclaw which looks a lot more powerful than the male, and the imperial which, if you look closely, has more whiskers than the male.
I'm in favor of more extreme dimorphism, but I'd say the genders are already evenly matched.

For males, you have the pearlcatcher with an extra horn and the tundra with a mane. For females, you have the wildclaw which looks a lot more powerful than the male, and the imperial which, if you look closely, has more whiskers than the male.
enhCzub.gif
as long as the males are still appealing enough for players to want to obtain them. :''c

then I'd be all for it!
as long as the males are still appealing enough for players to want to obtain them. :''c

then I'd be all for it!
full.png full.png
I think this would be pretty cool. So far the biggest difference is poses. I'd like to see extreme types.
I think this would be pretty cool. So far the biggest difference is poses. I'd like to see extreme types.

I have no complaints. (Also like the idea of a two-headed specie).
I have no complaints. (Also like the idea of a two-headed specie).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I support, especially with both ways.

Like with birds, especially peacocks, the males are more flashy than females. Most female angler fish are what you see now, butt-ugly fish with a lure hanging off their face. The males tend to latch onto the females, quit literally and are far less showy. In spiders, the females are often two, three, even four times larger than the males. I think male fireflies are flightless and the females can fly. Others have extra limbs/features that separate the sexes.

Of course there are species, like some chimps and other primates whose male and female populations do not vary much in the looks department, but have a more prominent social aspect to them. Eagles are another that do not differ in appearance.

I would love love love to have flashier frilly dragons, or even dragons with a translucent or even 'glowy' quality to them, doesn't matter if the more prominent features fall to the male or female.

But yes, dimorphism would be awesome.
I support, especially with both ways.

Like with birds, especially peacocks, the males are more flashy than females. Most female angler fish are what you see now, butt-ugly fish with a lure hanging off their face. The males tend to latch onto the females, quit literally and are far less showy. In spiders, the females are often two, three, even four times larger than the males. I think male fireflies are flightless and the females can fly. Others have extra limbs/features that separate the sexes.

Of course there are species, like some chimps and other primates whose male and female populations do not vary much in the looks department, but have a more prominent social aspect to them. Eagles are another that do not differ in appearance.

I would love love love to have flashier frilly dragons, or even dragons with a translucent or even 'glowy' quality to them, doesn't matter if the more prominent features fall to the male or female.

But yes, dimorphism would be awesome.
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
@Umbra

it's really on-the-fence kind of dimorphism though, it's boring. Like it's cool that they do appear equal and all that, but I think it'd be really cool to push towards more extreme examples. that's what this suggestion is for, since the dimorphism shown on FR is kind of really boring. u mu
@Umbra

it's really on-the-fence kind of dimorphism though, it's boring. Like it's cool that they do appear equal and all that, but I think it'd be really cool to push towards more extreme examples. that's what this suggestion is for, since the dimorphism shown on FR is kind of really boring. u mu
tumblr_mzqgzklaBt1sk7pgko1_250.png
@stigma I was agreeing with that part, I only meant that I don't think the males are currently more favored than the females. So I'd be fine with an extreme example of either gender.
@stigma I was agreeing with that part, I only meant that I don't think the males are currently more favored than the females. So I'd be fine with an extreme example of either gender.
enhCzub.gif
@Umbra

yeah, there are examples both ways, but whether or not there are examples both ways it would be really cool if there were more extreme dragons. I'd say for both, but specifically seeing female sexual dimorphism in the extreme would be even cooler than male sexual dimorphism in the extreme.
@Umbra

yeah, there are examples both ways, but whether or not there are examples both ways it would be really cool if there were more extreme dragons. I'd say for both, but specifically seeing female sexual dimorphism in the extreme would be even cooler than male sexual dimorphism in the extreme.
tumblr_mzqgzklaBt1sk7pgko1_250.png
While I don't agree or disagree with any of this (and I hope you don't think I'm being rude for saying!) I don't think it would be reasonable to request a species with a very distinguishable or visible size difference (if that's what you're requesting). All of the dragons here have the same size images, or just about. A fae at less than 2m: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3787309] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/37874/3787309_350.png[/img] [/url] A Ridgeback at nearly 20m: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3809562] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38096/3809562_350.png[/img] [/url] Even the hatchlings have large images. So unless you mean to ask for a noticeable size difference only in description, it's probably not gonna happen. D: Just as well, something as obvious as a huge size difference isn't really comparable to, say, a male having longer whiskers/more horns than the female. Those things are slight, so if we were to see a new species with something "more/longer/bigger" about the female, it would be reasonable to think it would be a minor, less noticeable detail, like the horns or antennae or something.
While I don't agree or disagree with any of this (and I hope you don't think I'm being rude for saying!) I don't think it would be reasonable to request a species with a very distinguishable or visible size difference (if that's what you're requesting).
All of the dragons here have the same size images, or just about.
A fae at less than 2m:

3787309_350.png

A Ridgeback at nearly 20m:

3809562_350.png

Even the hatchlings have large images. So unless you mean to ask for a noticeable size difference only in description, it's probably not gonna happen. D:

Just as well, something as obvious as a huge size difference isn't really comparable to, say, a male having longer whiskers/more horns than the female. Those things are slight, so if we were to see a new species with something "more/longer/bigger" about the female, it would be reasonable to think it would be a minor, less noticeable detail, like the horns or antennae or something.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10