Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon "like" button?
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Another addition: What about being able to like / follow someone's lair? [quote name="ChaoticCalamity" date="2019-02-22 15:13:59" ] We can basically favorite threads, why not dragons and lairs. I have a ton of lairs that I have seen that I love even though I may not know the owner personally, so it would be odd to send a friend request. Maybe 'Favorites Dragons' and 'Favorite Lairs' could be on a separate tab of your friend list? [/quote]
Another addition: What about being able to like / follow someone's lair?
ChaoticCalamity wrote on 2019-02-22 15:13:59:
We can basically favorite threads, why not dragons and lairs. I have a ton of lairs that I have seen that I love even though I may not know the owner personally, so it would be odd to send a friend request. Maybe 'Favorites Dragons' and 'Favorite Lairs' could be on a separate tab of your friend list?
Redd | EST / FR+3 | About Me
dragoncave | Chicken Smoothie
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2016-08-31 22:06:45" ] [quote name="Knuckle" date=2016-08-31 21:53:07] I don't particularly like this because it kind of seems like a popularity contest to me about the dragons? Perhaps we can have a personal favorites book that we page through, but public like counters gives me like weird vibes that I haven't had on FR. [/quote] I have probably weighed in on this suggestion (others have popped up like it) and while I would not mind a private 'like' function it would need to be something like this: 1. ONLY the owner of the dragon could see the number of likes each dragon has. 2. If the dragon leaves the lair, the likes are reset to 0. Even if said dragon comes back to the original lair, the likes still remain reset. 3. Optional - should the dragon be significantly changed, the likes should be reset. As I said, this one is optional but I mention it because to me, it doesn't make sense to 'like' a Blue range Imperial Male dragon with Ghostlight Ruin Samurai armor and specific lore and then should the dragon be changed to a Orange/Fire/Spring Snapper with a festival skin and completely different lore that the 'like' stays with the dragon. But the hard part would be in determining when the dragon is 'significantly' changed. *shrugs* On the part of the person who 'liked' the dragon. 1. Should the like be removed for any reason (change to the dragon, dragon changes hands etc..) the person would get a notification that mentions that said like has been removed and do they wish to 'relike' the dragon? I am somewhat iffy on this as I am afraid that this could be used for harassment purposes (though I don't see how) or things like that, but if the likes are also used as a 'favorites' tag for easy finding, I feel there should be some notification that the like has been reset and thus is no longer there. Otherwise, I am afraid of what I quoted happening, that it will become a popularity contest for dragons and that people will start trying to inflate the worth of dragons by the amount of likes a particular dragon has. [/quote] Really support all this! I appreciate the 'set to 0' idea, it would stop dragons gaining $$$ value based on their like counter!
Jemadar wrote on 2016-08-31 22:06:45:
Knuckle wrote on 2016-08-31:
I don't particularly like this because it kind of seems like a popularity contest to me about the dragons? Perhaps we can have a personal favorites book that we page through, but public like counters gives me like weird vibes that I haven't had on FR.
I have probably weighed in on this suggestion (others have popped up like it) and while I would not mind a private 'like' function it would need to be something like this:

1. ONLY the owner of the dragon could see the number of likes each dragon has.

2. If the dragon leaves the lair, the likes are reset to 0. Even if said dragon comes back to the original lair, the likes still remain reset.

3. Optional - should the dragon be significantly changed, the likes should be reset. As I said, this one is optional but I mention it because to me, it doesn't make sense to 'like' a Blue range Imperial Male dragon with Ghostlight Ruin Samurai armor and specific lore and then should the dragon be changed to a Orange/Fire/Spring Snapper with a festival skin and completely different lore that the 'like' stays with the dragon. But the hard part would be in determining when the dragon is 'significantly' changed. *shrugs*

On the part of the person who 'liked' the dragon.

1. Should the like be removed for any reason (change to the dragon, dragon changes hands etc..) the person would get a notification that mentions that said like has been removed and do they wish to 'relike' the dragon? I am somewhat iffy on this as I am afraid that this could be used for harassment purposes (though I don't see how) or things like that, but if the likes are also used as a 'favorites' tag for easy finding, I feel there should be some notification that the like has been reset and thus is no longer there.

Otherwise, I am afraid of what I quoted happening, that it will become a popularity contest for dragons and that people will start trying to inflate the worth of dragons by the amount of likes a particular dragon has.

Really support all this! I appreciate the 'set to 0' idea, it would stop dragons gaining $$$ value based on their like counter!
arcane.gif

him / them
wishlist
Support for this!

How did I never see this thread and commented? I wanted to make the same suggestion multiple times, but was too lazy in the end. That said:

An own FR like button for dragons would be great! I have neither FB nor Twitter and don't intend on getting an account there. But I'm also often not able to talk/write to people because of my social anxiety and other issues. A like button is an easy, nice way to tell someone their dragon is lovely that doesn't require more interaction than a simple click, and this is always doable for everyone.

Also agree with the edited things others said
  • No "dislike button" (we don't need negativity!)
  • A list feature where we can view the dragons we have "liked", perhaps other categories to see which breed we like the most, etc.
  • an opt-out for people who don't want this feature

And for everyone who fears harassment/similar things, maybe don't show from whom the like came?

I also agree with everyone who said that there shouldn't be a "Top Liked Dragons" page! It should stay a nice little feature to give a bit of joy to the owner of a dragon. Therefore I fully agree that only the owner of the dragons can see the like-count.
And of course, resetting the like-count to 0 once a gene/breed is changed and the dragon leaves the lair. This way there is no additional price value.
Support for this!

How did I never see this thread and commented? I wanted to make the same suggestion multiple times, but was too lazy in the end. That said:

An own FR like button for dragons would be great! I have neither FB nor Twitter and don't intend on getting an account there. But I'm also often not able to talk/write to people because of my social anxiety and other issues. A like button is an easy, nice way to tell someone their dragon is lovely that doesn't require more interaction than a simple click, and this is always doable for everyone.

Also agree with the edited things others said
  • No "dislike button" (we don't need negativity!)
  • A list feature where we can view the dragons we have "liked", perhaps other categories to see which breed we like the most, etc.
  • an opt-out for people who don't want this feature

And for everyone who fears harassment/similar things, maybe don't show from whom the like came?

I also agree with everyone who said that there shouldn't be a "Top Liked Dragons" page! It should stay a nice little feature to give a bit of joy to the owner of a dragon. Therefore I fully agree that only the owner of the dragons can see the like-count.
And of course, resetting the like-count to 0 once a gene/breed is changed and the dragon leaves the lair. This way there is no additional price value.
FR+9h, Germany, she/her
I support, please yas \o/
I support, please yas \o/
Art_shop.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28