Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Fairgrounds Game: Mahjong Solitaire
1 2 3 4 5
I think this would be a great game to add. I grew up playing this game, and I always loved to waste away the hours trying to take down the stacks, or even building my own puzzles!

What is Mahjong Solitaire?
Mahjong Solitaire is a solitaire matching game that uses a set of tiles, rather than cards.

How do you play?
The 144 tiles are arranged in a special four-layer pattern with their faces upwards. A tile is said to be open or exposed if it can be moved either left or right without disturbing other tiles. The goal is to match open pairs of identical tiles and remove them from the board, exposing the tiles under them for play. The game is finished when all pairs of tiles have been removed from the board or when there are no exposed pairs remaining.

Tiles that are below other tiles cannot be seen. But by repeated undos and/or restarts which some programs offer, one gradually gets more and more information. Sometimes, tiles are only partially covered by other tiles, and the extent to which such tiles can be distinguished depends on the actual tile set.

Click here for the: Information source

.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.

It was asked what Flight this game might be best suited under, and I personally think it would be fitting the Earth or Shadow Flight. I will cast my vote for the Shadowbinder, seeing as the dragons under her love games...

Even so, what do you think? If you support this game idea, please also leave what Flight you think might best match it. Don't just say the Flight you are in, either. I want you to actually think about this. What dragons do you see sitting down to play this game?

Shadow - 7
The shadow dragons of the Tangled Wood are tricksters. They prefer to be capricious and fickle, like the flickering shadows they manipulate. Of all the dragons, shadow dragons are the most enthralled by games, and delight most in winning, even if it means underhandedly. Game boards, tokens, and pieces are their favored treasure.

Plague - 0
The plague dragons of the Scarred Wasteland are survivors. They prefer to be as strong and adaptable as the plague they spread. Of all the dragons, plague dragons are the most savage, and celebrate the cycle of life and death by constantly pitting themselves against the other elements. The bones and armor of their enemies are their favored treasures.

Wind - 0
The wind dragons of the Windswept Plateau are explorers. They prefer to be joyful and care-free, like the gentle and playful breezes that whisk them to new lands. Of all the dragons, wind dragons are the most friendly, eager to become a small part of every community they encounter before they eventually and inevitably leave, following the currents in pursuit of a new adventure. Maps, compasses, and feathers are their favored treasures.

Fire - 0
The fire dragons of Ashfall Waste are metalworkers. They prefer to be as passionate and intense as the flames they coax. Of all the dragons, fire dragons are the most temperamental, and their red-hot fury knows no peers. Rare metal ores, weapons, statues and tools are their favored treasures.

Ice - 0
The frost dragons of the Southern Icefield are collectors. They prefer to be as rigid and cold as winter's chill. Of all the dragons, ice dragons are the most unemotional, carefully preserving the world around them to be later analyzed and cataloged. Fossils and artifacts are their favored treasures.

Earth - 9
The earth dragons of Dragonhome are monument builders. They prefer the consistency and eternal memory of the stone they shape. Of all the dragons, earth dragons revere their ancestors the most fervently, and remember the most about the first age. Gemstones are their favored treasures.

Nature - 2
The nature dragons of the Viridian Labyrinth are druids. They prefer to be as wild and primal as the ancient forests they call their home. Of all the dragons, nature dragons are the most nurturing, enjoying the care and cultivation of flora and fauna, spreading an overgrowth of life where once there was none. Seeds and rare flowers are their favored treasures.

Water - Already has a game: Tidal Trouble
Lightning - Already has a game: Shock Switch
Arcane - Already has a game: Runes of the Arcanist
Light - Already has a game: Higher or Lower

It was also suggested that instead of only being represented by one Flight, that there could be an option to have different tile sets. Tiles sets would be slightly different, I would imagine it would be a few different images and obviously the colors would be different to represent their respect Flight. I completely agree with this idea, as I believe it would be great to have the option to change things up every so often.

Another suggestion was that there be a base Treasure gain per successful pairing of tiles. This does make the most sense for this game type. I agree, and I also think there should be an increase in the amount of Treasure you gain for every pair you select in quick succession.
This could be open for a lot of discussion, as I think there can be a multiple of good ways to implement the Treasure gained from different ways of playing the game.
I think this would be a great game to add. I grew up playing this game, and I always loved to waste away the hours trying to take down the stacks, or even building my own puzzles!

What is Mahjong Solitaire?
Mahjong Solitaire is a solitaire matching game that uses a set of tiles, rather than cards.

How do you play?
The 144 tiles are arranged in a special four-layer pattern with their faces upwards. A tile is said to be open or exposed if it can be moved either left or right without disturbing other tiles. The goal is to match open pairs of identical tiles and remove them from the board, exposing the tiles under them for play. The game is finished when all pairs of tiles have been removed from the board or when there are no exposed pairs remaining.

Tiles that are below other tiles cannot be seen. But by repeated undos and/or restarts which some programs offer, one gradually gets more and more information. Sometimes, tiles are only partially covered by other tiles, and the extent to which such tiles can be distinguished depends on the actual tile set.

Click here for the: Information source

It was asked what Flight this game might be best suited under, and I personally think it would be fitting the Earth or Shadow Flight. I will cast my vote for the Shadowbinder, seeing as the dragons under her love games...

Even so, what do you think? If you support this game idea, please also leave what Flight you think might best match it. Don't just say the Flight you are in, either. I want you to actually think about this. What dragons do you see sitting down to play this game?

Shadow - 7
The shadow dragons of the Tangled Wood are tricksters. They prefer to be capricious and fickle, like the flickering shadows they manipulate. Of all the dragons, shadow dragons are the most enthralled by games, and delight most in winning, even if it means underhandedly. Game boards, tokens, and pieces are their favored treasure.

Plague - 0
The plague dragons of the Scarred Wasteland are survivors. They prefer to be as strong and adaptable as the plague they spread. Of all the dragons, plague dragons are the most savage, and celebrate the cycle of life and death by constantly pitting themselves against the other elements. The bones and armor of their enemies are their favored treasures.

Wind - 0
The wind dragons of the Windswept Plateau are explorers. They prefer to be joyful and care-free, like the gentle and playful breezes that whisk them to new lands. Of all the dragons, wind dragons are the most friendly, eager to become a small part of every community they encounter before they eventually and inevitably leave, following the currents in pursuit of a new adventure. Maps, compasses, and feathers are their favored treasures.

Fire - 0
The fire dragons of Ashfall Waste are metalworkers. They prefer to be as passionate and intense as the flames they coax. Of all the dragons, fire dragons are the most temperamental, and their red-hot fury knows no peers. Rare metal ores, weapons, statues and tools are their favored treasures.

Ice - 0
The frost dragons of the Southern Icefield are collectors. They prefer to be as rigid and cold as winter's chill. Of all the dragons, ice dragons are the most unemotional, carefully preserving the world around them to be later analyzed and cataloged. Fossils and artifacts are their favored treasures.

Earth - 9
The earth dragons of Dragonhome are monument builders. They prefer the consistency and eternal memory of the stone they shape. Of all the dragons, earth dragons revere their ancestors the most fervently, and remember the most about the first age. Gemstones are their favored treasures.

Nature - 2
The nature dragons of the Viridian Labyrinth are druids. They prefer to be as wild and primal as the ancient forests they call their home. Of all the dragons, nature dragons are the most nurturing, enjoying the care and cultivation of flora and fauna, spreading an overgrowth of life where once there was none. Seeds and rare flowers are their favored treasures.

Water - Already has a game: Tidal Trouble
Lightning - Already has a game: Shock Switch
Arcane - Already has a game: Runes of the Arcanist
Light - Already has a game: Higher or Lower

It was also suggested that instead of only being represented by one Flight, that there could be an option to have different tile sets. Tiles sets would be slightly different, I would imagine it would be a few different images and obviously the colors would be different to represent their respect Flight. I completely agree with this idea, as I believe it would be great to have the option to change things up every so often.

Another suggestion was that there be a base Treasure gain per successful pairing of tiles. This does make the most sense for this game type. I agree, and I also think there should be an increase in the amount of Treasure you gain for every pair you select in quick succession.
This could be open for a lot of discussion, as I think there can be a multiple of good ways to implement the Treasure gained from different ways of playing the game.
Seems like a good idea, would be nice to have some new games to play. Most of them are getting kinda dull... xD
Seems like a good idea, would be nice to have some new games to play. Most of them are getting kinda dull... xD
I love this game, and games similar to it. It would be nice to have more laid back games.
I love this game, and games similar to it. It would be nice to have more laid back games.
Bonsai.png
i like this idea :)
i like this idea :)
ho5M9.gif2IGO4.gifobKSC.gif
I support this.
I support this.
Yes! I've adored this game for years and I'd love to see it on fr
Yes! I've adored this game for years and I'd love to see it on fr
Xe/Xir/Xirs pronouns
Yeah! I'd like this :D
Yeah! I'd like this :D
L A D Y S P I B E
Haunted Stone Orb
she • fr+3 • lore lair • exalting lair

 fulfill your calling
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. maecenas maximus, risus eget molestie viverra, augue arcu dictum justo, maximus aliquam risus velit non lectus.
Ooh, I'd love a game like this o: or at least, something similar hah. Support!
Ooh, I'd love a game like this o: or at least, something similar hah. Support!
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
I'd love this! Support from here as well~
I'd love this! Support from here as well~
miniondragonbutton_94x94.png
I love this game :) Support!
I love this game :) Support!
_______________6ux1pK5.gif

mari
she/her
fr +3:00
3bf2yls.png
GVpqGKk.gif