Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot Skin Discussion & Chatter
[quote name="Septica" date="2013-10-06 02:43:18"][quote name="Tigeria" date="2013-10-05 19:25:11"][img]http://i.imgur.com/Jh7nUwJ.png[/img] [b]Cyst Infection.[/b] (aka puss packet) Male Guardian. [/quote] @Tigeria THIS. @^@ pretty. I just don't know if the lineart is untouched. It seems to be "bleached" a little. I'd be sad not to see this skin being taken into consideration by the judges because of lineart issues.[/quote] I also noticed this, because: "The line art must always be noticibly darker than the color on which it rests. Line art may be tinted or painted (lock the line art layer to preserve transparency.) Line art that is the same shade or a ligher color will not be accepted." /quoted from rules @Tigeria Love your skin, but mind this! I'm feeling veery insecure and I'm afraid this might be a problem. @derangedhyena I sign what the others have said. WANT.
Septica wrote on 2013-10-06 02:43:18:
Tigeria wrote on 2013-10-05 19:25:11:
Jh7nUwJ.png
Cyst Infection. (aka puss packet) Male Guardian.

@Tigeria
THIS. @^@ pretty.

I just don't know if the lineart is untouched. It seems to be "bleached" a little.
I'd be sad not to see this skin being taken into consideration by the judges because of lineart issues.

I also noticed this, because: "The line art must always be noticibly darker than the color on which it rests. Line art may be tinted or painted (lock the line art layer to preserve transparency.) Line art that is the same shade or a ligher color will not be accepted." /quoted from rules
@Tigeria Love your skin, but mind this! I'm feeling veery insecure and I'm afraid this might be a problem.

@derangedhyena I sign what the others have said. WANT.
Hello! I need help again O;_O; [img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/279/5/9/plague_imp_black_by_nin_wolf-d6pgi38.png[/img] [img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/279/9/3/plague_imp_by_nin_wolf-d6pgi3j.png[/img] This time its between these two. The only difference is the glossy wings. Also should I lighten it? Darken it? After reading all of the comments about the contest needing something less... "realistic" and grotesque, I decided to try my hand on something else. There is no rot, no muscles or violence involved - just plague-wart. I'm actually really happy how it turned out, because it is still easy to see what element it represents! But this is somethig that actually really interests me about the Plague skin contest, it really raises the question what IS plague, and how to portray it. My guess is that of all elements, plague will probably be the hardest to actually portray well.
Hello! I need help again O;_O;

plague_imp_black_by_nin_wolf-d6pgi38.png
plague_imp_by_nin_wolf-d6pgi3j.png

This time its between these two. The only difference is the glossy wings.
Also should I lighten it? Darken it?

After reading all of the comments about the contest needing something less... "realistic" and grotesque, I decided to try my hand on something else. There is no rot, no muscles or violence involved - just plague-wart. I'm actually really happy how it turned out, because it is still easy to see what element it represents!

But this is somethig that actually really interests me about the Plague skin contest, it really raises the question what IS plague, and how to portray it. My guess is that of all elements, plague will probably be the hardest to actually portray well.
@RulerOfRedEyes @LittleGhostSheep @mospark

keep the comments off the entry pages and keep them to this discussion page please and thank you, its in the rules on the first page

keep the comments off the entry pages and keep them to this discussion page please and thank you, its in the rules on the first page
FC: 0232-8823-3162 Name: Kat
Version: X, Y, Alpha Sapphire
Vivillion Pattern: High Plains Pattern
Safari : Fairy - Swirlix, Togepi and Floette
[quote name="kittyk2000" date="2013-10-06 11:01:38"]@RulerOfRedEyes @LittleGhostSheep @mospark keep the comments off the entry pages and keep them to this discussion page please and thank you, its in the rules on the first page[/quote] whoop x: sorry
kittyk2000 wrote on 2013-10-06 11:01:38:

whoop x: sorry
[quote name="Alicen" date="2013-10-05 09:51:01"]I would like to see a weeping angel or statue skin. I don't want to see decaying bodies. I mean zombies are great but I don't need to see bones and insides.[/quote] Perhaps this festival isn't suited for you, then. Plaguemother dabbles in diseases, not spooky scary skeletons.
Alicen wrote on 2013-10-05 09:51:01:
I would like to see a weeping angel or statue skin. I don't want to see decaying bodies. I mean zombies are great but I don't need to see bones and insides.
Perhaps this festival isn't suited for you, then. Plaguemother dabbles in diseases, not spooky scary skeletons.
From a quick scroll-through of the entries, I honestly really only have one thing to say, and it's, "Please, please, please, please, PLEASE do not make any more dang Attack on Titan skins because those are copyrighted characters and that could potentially cause the site a heap of trouble if one gets chosen (not to mention they are against the rules of the skin contest)."

Like, yeah, wow, some of those skins are great! Amazing! So cool! (I am not being sarcastic -- a lot of them are very well-done.) But not for this contest. Ok. Thank you.
From a quick scroll-through of the entries, I honestly really only have one thing to say, and it's, "Please, please, please, please, PLEASE do not make any more dang Attack on Titan skins because those are copyrighted characters and that could potentially cause the site a heap of trouble if one gets chosen (not to mention they are against the rules of the skin contest)."

Like, yeah, wow, some of those skins are great! Amazing! So cool! (I am not being sarcastic -- a lot of them are very well-done.) But not for this contest. Ok. Thank you.
iP0TtQO.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/HKuuRkV.png[/img] After a bunch of work-and I'm STILL not done-I decided I'd post a small preview of my in-progress skin. The belly, head, fur, horns, and extras are all done, I just have to finish the body, wings, and polish up those eyes.
HKuuRkV.png

After a bunch of work-and I'm STILL not done-I decided I'd post a small preview of my in-progress skin. The belly, head, fur, horns, and extras are all done, I just have to finish the body, wings, and polish up those eyes.
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
@GoredGuar
Thanks so much! I wanted to make it have a cooler palette, more blues and purples, like Silent Hill does with some of their more fleshy enemies (like the Ferals, for example). Warmer palettes with stuff like this can make me feel a bit queasy - I don't really know what it is about it.

I still have to work on it some more, I think, but I'm really glad that you like it!
@GoredGuar
Thanks so much! I wanted to make it have a cooler palette, more blues and purples, like Silent Hill does with some of their more fleshy enemies (like the Ferals, for example). Warmer palettes with stuff like this can make me feel a bit queasy - I don't really know what it is about it.

I still have to work on it some more, I think, but I'm really glad that you like it!
kk6XLVS.png
@Septica @Gryffion
Totally fine! I'm just happy to know that people are wanting more than just "rot" and that my vulture and hyena entries actually do fit >u< I was somewhat nervous, but I figure that Plague really is more so survival of the fittest than simply decay, though of course the decay is a big part!

@SunKnight
I'm pretty sure they won't be saving all the skins until the end of the contest. Just a feeling I get. So they'll certainly see yours!

@CinnamonThief
I say go with the more glossy one, though I think somewhere in between would look the best~

@Parodeer
As someone mentioned earlier, Attack on Titan does not have copyright over skinned things, however, what we do need to be careful about is people associating them with Attack on Titan. I know there's one guardian skin in particular that has a name that's Attack on Titan status, and the more that we associate simple skinning with Attack on Titan, the less likely those skins are going to be selected, even if they're simply STUNNING

@Chimera
Really digging your two skins, Septicemia and Gangrene, though more so Septicemia! I just really enjoy how the wing looks at that elbow!

@Falala
Yay more love for Tundras! I'm really digging your "drips" skin!

@BubbleGumVampire
You need to have the image URL of your picture, not the URL of where it's posted! Try right clicking on the picture itself and then select the option of "Copy Image URL" or open the picture in a new tab and then copy paste the URL there!

As a side note, it's making me kinda sad to see some wonderful skins resized improperly. Since anyone who actually double checks the rules will see that only skins that are 350x350 pixels will be accepted, even though the skin .psd files are 750x750 pixels.
@Septica @Gryffion
Totally fine! I'm just happy to know that people are wanting more than just "rot" and that my vulture and hyena entries actually do fit >u< I was somewhat nervous, but I figure that Plague really is more so survival of the fittest than simply decay, though of course the decay is a big part!

@SunKnight
I'm pretty sure they won't be saving all the skins until the end of the contest. Just a feeling I get. So they'll certainly see yours!

@CinnamonThief
I say go with the more glossy one, though I think somewhere in between would look the best~

@Parodeer
As someone mentioned earlier, Attack on Titan does not have copyright over skinned things, however, what we do need to be careful about is people associating them with Attack on Titan. I know there's one guardian skin in particular that has a name that's Attack on Titan status, and the more that we associate simple skinning with Attack on Titan, the less likely those skins are going to be selected, even if they're simply STUNNING

@Chimera
Really digging your two skins, Septicemia and Gangrene, though more so Septicemia! I just really enjoy how the wing looks at that elbow!

@Falala
Yay more love for Tundras! I'm really digging your "drips" skin!

@BubbleGumVampire
You need to have the image URL of your picture, not the URL of where it's posted! Try right clicking on the picture itself and then select the option of "Copy Image URL" or open the picture in a new tab and then copy paste the URL there!

As a side note, it's making me kinda sad to see some wonderful skins resized improperly. Since anyone who actually double checks the rules will see that only skins that are 350x350 pixels will be accepted, even though the skin .psd files are 750x750 pixels.
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
Thank you everyone for the kind words on my skin c:

I may make a 2nd one if I have time, but I'm recovering from a dislocated shoulder so my art-time's a bit limited right now.

I can't wait to see which of the skins are selected, there's so many awesome ones already and still quite a few days to go for entries. I'm really excited for this month's festival *HUGE PLAGUE BIAS*

I do apologise to anyone who my skin made uncomfortable- I was wondering if it may have been too extreme, but since rules weren't really established (e.g, no blood) and it was for the Plague theme, I figured it would be alright. :s
Thank you everyone for the kind words on my skin c:

I may make a 2nd one if I have time, but I'm recovering from a dislocated shoulder so my art-time's a bit limited right now.

I can't wait to see which of the skins are selected, there's so many awesome ones already and still quite a few days to go for entries. I'm really excited for this month's festival *HUGE PLAGUE BIAS*

I do apologise to anyone who my skin made uncomfortable- I was wondering if it may have been too extreme, but since rules weren't really established (e.g, no blood) and it was for the Plague theme, I figured it would be alright. :s