Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | _____G.A.S.P. v2.0_____
1 2 ... 298 299 300 301 302 ... 382 383
Could you please remove me from the Snapper and Imperial pinglists (both male and female)
Could you please remove me from the Snapper and Imperial pinglists (both male and female)
tumblr_inline_nnxvl2h4qm1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvlaOVtE1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvl6sIv51sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvlhoMWV1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvkhZbq41sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvkrUkLO1sna6h0_100.png
@AwayfromBirdland I've removed snappers and imps from your entry ^^
@AwayfromBirdland I've removed snappers and imps from your entry ^^
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
Thanks! :)
Thanks! :)
tumblr_inline_nnxvl2h4qm1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvlaOVtE1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvl6sIv51sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvlhoMWV1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvkhZbq41sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvkrUkLO1sna6h0_100.png
@Deep

Lately we've had so many resell pings it was driving people a little loopy and (as you said) it was going into the realm of "this is really not what GASP was intended for". It was getting so bad that more and more people were opting out of 'resell' altogether because of the amount of pings they were getting for it.

Originally GASP wasn't for reselling at all. However, once in a blue moon a very rare/valuable accent would pop onto the market which people often did want to know about, so we added the keyword "resell". But lately the amount of pings for reselling accents were starting to border on spam. (You have to keep in mind, it's not just you who is pinging the list; it's a large group of resellers and basically the month waiting time functions like a 'wait list' so you're all taking turns and not just flooding people with upwards of 5 pings a day on top of all the pre-order pings.)

We've asked for feedback both on and off site and what we've been hearing from buyers (the people the list is really for, as without happy buyers nobody would be on the list) has been unanimously happy.

"an equation that's currently not working for everyone.... Things as they stand now just aren't totally coherent or well running".... Let me put it like this. We run this list to keep buyers happy in as many ways as we can, as they're the ones who decide to be on the list or not and they're the ones that shops are obviously trying to attract. Unhappy buyers means shorter pinglists means less buyers for shops. If you can find buyers who are unhappy with how things are run we're more than open to feedback from them. (Like how unhappy they were with the amount of reseller pings.)

As for the 1500g minimum limit. This allows resellers with those rare/valuable accents to still ping even if they only have one, but we'd been having more and more pings for "regular" accents. Basically we're trying to keep people from replacing selling in the AH with pinging GASP.

We'll be keeping the resell keyword on GASP with the new rules as it is. If buyers would like another set up we're more than happy to hear their feedback and integrate it as best as possible. If you'd like to set up and run a pinglist of your own you're more than free to do so.
@Deep

Lately we've had so many resell pings it was driving people a little loopy and (as you said) it was going into the realm of "this is really not what GASP was intended for". It was getting so bad that more and more people were opting out of 'resell' altogether because of the amount of pings they were getting for it.

Originally GASP wasn't for reselling at all. However, once in a blue moon a very rare/valuable accent would pop onto the market which people often did want to know about, so we added the keyword "resell". But lately the amount of pings for reselling accents were starting to border on spam. (You have to keep in mind, it's not just you who is pinging the list; it's a large group of resellers and basically the month waiting time functions like a 'wait list' so you're all taking turns and not just flooding people with upwards of 5 pings a day on top of all the pre-order pings.)

We've asked for feedback both on and off site and what we've been hearing from buyers (the people the list is really for, as without happy buyers nobody would be on the list) has been unanimously happy.

"an equation that's currently not working for everyone.... Things as they stand now just aren't totally coherent or well running".... Let me put it like this. We run this list to keep buyers happy in as many ways as we can, as they're the ones who decide to be on the list or not and they're the ones that shops are obviously trying to attract. Unhappy buyers means shorter pinglists means less buyers for shops. If you can find buyers who are unhappy with how things are run we're more than open to feedback from them. (Like how unhappy they were with the amount of reseller pings.)

As for the 1500g minimum limit. This allows resellers with those rare/valuable accents to still ping even if they only have one, but we'd been having more and more pings for "regular" accents. Basically we're trying to keep people from replacing selling in the AH with pinging GASP.

We'll be keeping the resell keyword on GASP with the new rules as it is. If buyers would like another set up we're more than happy to hear their feedback and integrate it as best as possible. If you'd like to set up and run a pinglist of your own you're more than free to do so.
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
I have two GASP entries, could I have the first one removed please? And can I also have resell pings removed from the second entry? Thank you!
I have two GASP entries, could I have the first one removed please? And can I also have resell pings removed from the second entry? Thank you!
.....................1351_250px_raptora_by_miirshroom-dbs1tz0.png ..
Raptora
They/them
FR +3
@Raptora

You first entry has been removed and, "resell" has been added to the do not pings of your remaining entry ^^
@Raptora

You first entry has been removed and, "resell" has been added to the do not pings of your remaining entry ^^
jA0Unwf.gif
Remove me from everything please? Not really interested in the breeds anymore that I added myself for and the pings just keep stacking up ^^"
Remove me from everything please? Not really interested in the breeds anymore that I added myself for and the pings just keep stacking up ^^"
@Nirwana removed.
@Nirwana removed.
Liquidating Accents.
9h5f14.jpg
@Deep

I understand that if you have a large number of accents to sell at once that sorting through the keyword list for each one of them can take a little while. (I'm always actively working to keep it as condensed as possible, consolidating keywords and only adding keywords from buyers, not sellers*) However, with our new once a month rule you'd probably only do it once with a huge hoard clean out, basically ripping off the bandaid as opposed to doing 3-4 each time. One day of time investment for a larger reward. The addition of keeping the list with easily filterable keywords has allowed a LOT more people to add their name because they can more easily regulate the content that is put in front of them. (Last count we have ~1886 unique usernames on the list. Even if you were to take off a couple hundred assuming they're inactive... you have to admit, that's still a large amount.)

Also, if you look at my pinging resellers (or even makers) about keywords, unless there's gore we're usually pretty lenient as long as you have at least a couple keywords. The Big Themes, you know? (I'd like to note that adding keywords can also ADD a lot of buyers; like it says in the rules, keywords filter people *in and out.* But that's sort of moot for this discussion I think.)

It honestly also makes life easier for sellers (me being one, so I speak from experience.) I don't know if you ever used GASP 1.0 but it was just a list of names per breed/coverage with people occasionally adding notes next to their name. This meant it took forever to manually filter through all the names, often resulting in a LOT of mispings as sellers accidentally missed notes, or often didn't even bother filtering at all. Trust me, this was NOT less work than mindlessly scanning over a list of keywords and clicking 3-5 check boxes. I'm not sure how you were planning on setting up your pinglist but that's something to keep in mind. I'm also not sure what your rules would be, as "all of [our] rules" (3?) are too cumbersome, but allowing it to self-regulate (as we did before this) obviously resulted in issues. People removing resell from their pings en masse also isn't good for resellers; less people on the pinglist, less potential buyers. I think saving up your resell ping to once a month unless you have a particularly valuable accent (most people who REALLY need money won't be selling a 500g accent, not to mention they could have just sold it on the AH) is a pretty decent trade off to be able to reach a significantly larger audience.

"I guess I can't force you to be interested in another list but all of the rules around reselling doesn't work for people who might need to sell accents after they are printed." You are the only user I (or the other GASP mods) have seen who has complained about the new rules. Like I said, buyer (and seller) feedback has been positive. I have had a couple questions about it, but once explaining our reasoning everyone has been on board. We're not banning it, we're asking people to realize they're not the only person using the list and not to let it devolve into spam.

"I know without your support, this idea will gain zero traction" If there's a desperate need for it, you won't need my support. Really. I'm not that special lol

As for me not wanting to listen to any feedback other than from buyers.
While keeping the people that are actually on the pinglist happy is certainly our main concern, if you have a viable solution to the problems, we are more than happy to integrate them! Of course we want to make it as user friendly as possible for sellers as well. But that has to be done within the parameters that keep the people on it happy, for reasons I explained previously. If you think that solution is you setting up another pinglist that is fine!

We (I'm talking with other mods that are currently online too, as I'm not the only one running this) read your whole post, and I'm just trying to explain to you the reasoning behind all of our decisions. This is the best solution we've found so far for the myriad of problems that keeping this pinglist functional brings with it. If you know how to fix the resell issue while also tackling the other issues (like people only wanting certain pings, and artists not having to manually scan through the whole list of names trying to pick out notes,) please, tell us your secrets! C;

Also, what some "professional" resellers do is just keep their own pinglist that they ping whenever they add a new accent. Just like accent makers have their own pinglists/reprint pinglists that they can ping whenever. The only thing our rules are for are to deter *spam* and make life a little easier on people who are often getting 10+ pings from GASP a day (like having to add in the preview so people don't have to search etc.)

*Adding random keywords that aren't in any buyer's entry also won't actually *do* anything, because it doesn't actually filter anything in or out. And I also admit I should do another sweep, as I see a handful of doubles that seem to have snuck in somehow.
@Deep

I understand that if you have a large number of accents to sell at once that sorting through the keyword list for each one of them can take a little while. (I'm always actively working to keep it as condensed as possible, consolidating keywords and only adding keywords from buyers, not sellers*) However, with our new once a month rule you'd probably only do it once with a huge hoard clean out, basically ripping off the bandaid as opposed to doing 3-4 each time. One day of time investment for a larger reward. The addition of keeping the list with easily filterable keywords has allowed a LOT more people to add their name because they can more easily regulate the content that is put in front of them. (Last count we have ~1886 unique usernames on the list. Even if you were to take off a couple hundred assuming they're inactive... you have to admit, that's still a large amount.)

Also, if you look at my pinging resellers (or even makers) about keywords, unless there's gore we're usually pretty lenient as long as you have at least a couple keywords. The Big Themes, you know? (I'd like to note that adding keywords can also ADD a lot of buyers; like it says in the rules, keywords filter people *in and out.* But that's sort of moot for this discussion I think.)

It honestly also makes life easier for sellers (me being one, so I speak from experience.) I don't know if you ever used GASP 1.0 but it was just a list of names per breed/coverage with people occasionally adding notes next to their name. This meant it took forever to manually filter through all the names, often resulting in a LOT of mispings as sellers accidentally missed notes, or often didn't even bother filtering at all. Trust me, this was NOT less work than mindlessly scanning over a list of keywords and clicking 3-5 check boxes. I'm not sure how you were planning on setting up your pinglist but that's something to keep in mind. I'm also not sure what your rules would be, as "all of [our] rules" (3?) are too cumbersome, but allowing it to self-regulate (as we did before this) obviously resulted in issues. People removing resell from their pings en masse also isn't good for resellers; less people on the pinglist, less potential buyers. I think saving up your resell ping to once a month unless you have a particularly valuable accent (most people who REALLY need money won't be selling a 500g accent, not to mention they could have just sold it on the AH) is a pretty decent trade off to be able to reach a significantly larger audience.

"I guess I can't force you to be interested in another list but all of the rules around reselling doesn't work for people who might need to sell accents after they are printed." You are the only user I (or the other GASP mods) have seen who has complained about the new rules. Like I said, buyer (and seller) feedback has been positive. I have had a couple questions about it, but once explaining our reasoning everyone has been on board. We're not banning it, we're asking people to realize they're not the only person using the list and not to let it devolve into spam.

"I know without your support, this idea will gain zero traction" If there's a desperate need for it, you won't need my support. Really. I'm not that special lol

As for me not wanting to listen to any feedback other than from buyers.
While keeping the people that are actually on the pinglist happy is certainly our main concern, if you have a viable solution to the problems, we are more than happy to integrate them! Of course we want to make it as user friendly as possible for sellers as well. But that has to be done within the parameters that keep the people on it happy, for reasons I explained previously. If you think that solution is you setting up another pinglist that is fine!

We (I'm talking with other mods that are currently online too, as I'm not the only one running this) read your whole post, and I'm just trying to explain to you the reasoning behind all of our decisions. This is the best solution we've found so far for the myriad of problems that keeping this pinglist functional brings with it. If you know how to fix the resell issue while also tackling the other issues (like people only wanting certain pings, and artists not having to manually scan through the whole list of names trying to pick out notes,) please, tell us your secrets! C;

Also, what some "professional" resellers do is just keep their own pinglist that they ping whenever they add a new accent. Just like accent makers have their own pinglists/reprint pinglists that they can ping whenever. The only thing our rules are for are to deter *spam* and make life a little easier on people who are often getting 10+ pings from GASP a day (like having to add in the preview so people don't have to search etc.)

*Adding random keywords that aren't in any buyer's entry also won't actually *do* anything, because it doesn't actually filter anything in or out. And I also admit I should do another sweep, as I see a handful of doubles that seem to have snuck in somehow.
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
@Deep I feel like you might not have actually understood all of *my* reply. (And it certainly wasn't my intention to blow off any of your points.)

I know GASP isn't perfect, and I know it's not a 2 minute deal if you're selling a large amount of accents, but this is the best solution we're able to come up with for the problems we're facing. If you and your small circle of friends have a better solution for it to make it easier for you to use, not at the cost of functionality for all others who use the list, we're honestly all ears.

Either way, I'm sorry I don't have a better solution for you, but thank you for your feedback. Have a nice day.
@Deep I feel like you might not have actually understood all of *my* reply. (And it certainly wasn't my intention to blow off any of your points.)

I know GASP isn't perfect, and I know it's not a 2 minute deal if you're selling a large amount of accents, but this is the best solution we're able to come up with for the problems we're facing. If you and your small circle of friends have a better solution for it to make it easier for you to use, not at the cost of functionality for all others who use the list, we're honestly all ears.

Either way, I'm sorry I don't have a better solution for you, but thank you for your feedback. Have a nice day.
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
1 2 ... 298 299 300 301 302 ... 382 383