Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Tips For a New Skinner + Interest Checks
After I found out that all the festival skins are usermade, I just had to give it a shot, myself. Coloring things is a heck of a lot of fun after all! So far I've got something for the Arcane holiday(the transparent grey will be fully transparent when submitted): [img]http://36.media.tumblr.com/e496a2ec2104d38cfc43d0e4b8be9d0b/tumblr_ns6be2xLJt1ubhyrgo2_400.png[/img] It's supposed to be a lore based skin, based off the Arcanist's encounter with the shade. And this is a WIP for the Fire flight's holiday!(this ones an actual skin): [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/1d4c395d11eb0a0ebf243f36677f3cf5/tumblr_ns6une3vsm1ubhyrgo4_r1_400.png[/img] This one's based off a [url=https://41.media.tumblr.com/301604d1ee446ee8e08775979144f14b/tumblr_ns6une3vsm1ubhyrgo2_1280.jpg]fire salamander[/url] and it's body will be colored accordingly. I'm looking for tips and whatnot, and maybe a check on interest to see if people would be willing to commission me for these?
After I found out that all the festival skins are usermade, I just had to give it a shot, myself. Coloring things is a heck of a lot of fun after all!

So far I've got something for the Arcane holiday(the transparent grey will be fully transparent when submitted):
tumblr_ns6be2xLJt1ubhyrgo2_400.png
It's supposed to be a lore based skin, based off the Arcanist's encounter with the shade.

And this is a WIP for the Fire flight's holiday!(this ones an actual skin):
tumblr_ns6une3vsm1ubhyrgo4_r1_400.png

This one's based off a fire salamander and it's body will be colored accordingly.

I'm looking for tips and whatnot, and maybe a check on interest to see if people would be willing to commission me for these?
Please use They/Them pronouns when referring to me, thank you! c:
tumblr_nrvslrG4Qb1ubhyrgo1_75sq.gif
@Kayte

Ooh, I think your Mirror skin is quite cool! The wings look a little flat in colour, though.

Not too fond of the Coatl skin- I think the weird Daub-like patterns are weird. People don't really buy accents just because they're modelled off animals.

(I'm not an artist so I can't really give useful comments, but I remember @Kent had an accent help thread somewhere?)
@Kayte

Ooh, I think your Mirror skin is quite cool! The wings look a little flat in colour, though.

Not too fond of the Coatl skin- I think the weird Daub-like patterns are weird. People don't really buy accents just because they're modelled off animals.

(I'm not an artist so I can't really give useful comments, but I remember @Kent had an accent help thread somewhere?)
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
@Lucatri @Kayte it was @Labcoat's thread! It's here. I just...posted in it...a lot. I really wish it could get stickied, it's so hard to find threads in the accent forum, everything moves so fast. But yeah Kayte there's a list of people there you can ping for concrits! I agree with Lucatri that the mirror skin is really well-done but the colors need some depth. Think the difference between basic and iridescent genes.
@Lucatri @Kayte it was @Labcoat's thread! It's here. I just...posted in it...a lot. I really wish it could get stickied, it's so hard to find threads in the accent forum, everything moves so fast. But yeah Kayte there's a list of people there you can ping for concrits! I agree with Lucatri that the mirror skin is really well-done but the colors need some depth. Think the difference between basic and iridescent genes.
Kent's Accents - tumblr
@Lucatari
Thanks for the honest opinions! Do you think it'd be better if the wings and stuff were solid lava, and just had the splotchy markings on the body? That could make it less busy I think?

@Kent
Alright, so just add some color differences on the shade? I meant to keep it as solid black as I could to be accurate to the lore but not too black to be against the rules. I'll see how it looks with some kind of gradients and such though!

Thank you for the link, as well. I'll go sneak a post in there ahaha.
@Lucatari
Thanks for the honest opinions! Do you think it'd be better if the wings and stuff were solid lava, and just had the splotchy markings on the body? That could make it less busy I think?

@Kent
Alright, so just add some color differences on the shade? I meant to keep it as solid black as I could to be accurate to the lore but not too black to be against the rules. I'll see how it looks with some kind of gradients and such though!

Thank you for the link, as well. I'll go sneak a post in there ahaha.
Please use They/Them pronouns when referring to me, thank you! c:
tumblr_nrvslrG4Qb1ubhyrgo1_75sq.gif