Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dawn Of The Fourth Age (NEW!!)
1 2 3 4 5
@DracoDominus @RebelliousRobin @Journey @mitelia @Creed @Navella @carbonhaze @RadioactiveNight @Emerelda
Oooh! Suspenseful! I love the writing guys! Keep it going!

"What now Furyclaw?" Blackfang said, annoyed. He was in the Library of their clan and he rested up against the wall, his monocle held over his eyes and a few unrolled scrolls in his lap. He continued reading for a moment longer and seeing that the normally talkative, forceful Furyclaw was silent, he looked up. "Ooh, what do we have here? Another stray?" A strange scent hit his nostrils as he looked at his brother and the young, beautiful, black Skydancer that stood behind him. "Humph. She does smell strange, " Blackfang thought.

"No, this is Umbra." Blackfang's head shot up at the name, a surprised expression on his face. "Umbra? The assassin?" He questioned. Umbra walked over to where Blackfang was franticly rolling up his scrolls. "I am not the assassin. She was killed herself in a duel with a ridgeback. No, I am Umbra and I come to speak with the Leader of this clan. Are you him?" Blackfang looked quite relieved when Umbra explained she wasn't the Umbra. "There still is something amiss with her, however..." His thoughts faded and he spoke up. "No, no. The Clan-Leader is my own mother, Rhea. Let's find her shall we?"

"Why did you come to me? We both know that I'm not the Leader here..." Blackfang talked to Furyclaw in an undertone as they led Umbra to Rhea's den. He glanced at the skydancer walking slowly behind them, looking up and down the hall, observing and taking everything in. "I don't like her. There is something strange about this dragon. Almost dangerous." Blackfang nodded at his brother's quiet reply. "Indeed. One could amost think you're scared." Furyclaw shot a glance at him, scandalized. "Never! Nothing makes me afraid!" Umbra turned towards Furyclaw. "What? I am I scaring the litte Clan-mates too much?" Her mocking tones made the massive Guardian dragon ahead of her look quite angry, but Blackfang quieted any outbust with a harsh look. Furyclaw breathed out, a long slow breath and his chest puffed up, making him look larger.

"Yes?" Rhea said softly to the knock on the entryway to her den. "What is it?" A strange trio of dragons walked in. Furyclaw, Blackfang and a small Skydancer, her scales darker than night with a strange scent laid onto them. "Can I help you?" Her gentle speak made Blackfang want to settle into one of the huge cushions laid around the room and listen to her talk. "I have buisness to attend to!" He thought and led Furyclaw and Umbra in. "Umbra here," He gestured to the dark dragoness. "-needs to talk to you." Rhea nodded and Umbra walked closer, allowing her strange scent to fill the space between them. "Go ahead, drake." Umbra's face contorted at being called a drake, a common name for dragons.

Umbra thought to herself, "I am not a drake and just walking among them makes me feel sick! Oh well, I need to inform the Clan-Leader of this horrid place of our dire circumstances. She will respond correctly I hope, so I will not need to fight my way out. Indeed, I would like to feel my claws run through their stupid flesh, but all in good time. Our plan for the endgame will not happen if I cannot restrain myself..."
@DracoDominus @RebelliousRobin @Journey @mitelia @Creed @Navella @carbonhaze @RadioactiveNight @Emerelda
Oooh! Suspenseful! I love the writing guys! Keep it going!

"What now Furyclaw?" Blackfang said, annoyed. He was in the Library of their clan and he rested up against the wall, his monocle held over his eyes and a few unrolled scrolls in his lap. He continued reading for a moment longer and seeing that the normally talkative, forceful Furyclaw was silent, he looked up. "Ooh, what do we have here? Another stray?" A strange scent hit his nostrils as he looked at his brother and the young, beautiful, black Skydancer that stood behind him. "Humph. She does smell strange, " Blackfang thought.

"No, this is Umbra." Blackfang's head shot up at the name, a surprised expression on his face. "Umbra? The assassin?" He questioned. Umbra walked over to where Blackfang was franticly rolling up his scrolls. "I am not the assassin. She was killed herself in a duel with a ridgeback. No, I am Umbra and I come to speak with the Leader of this clan. Are you him?" Blackfang looked quite relieved when Umbra explained she wasn't the Umbra. "There still is something amiss with her, however..." His thoughts faded and he spoke up. "No, no. The Clan-Leader is my own mother, Rhea. Let's find her shall we?"

"Why did you come to me? We both know that I'm not the Leader here..." Blackfang talked to Furyclaw in an undertone as they led Umbra to Rhea's den. He glanced at the skydancer walking slowly behind them, looking up and down the hall, observing and taking everything in. "I don't like her. There is something strange about this dragon. Almost dangerous." Blackfang nodded at his brother's quiet reply. "Indeed. One could amost think you're scared." Furyclaw shot a glance at him, scandalized. "Never! Nothing makes me afraid!" Umbra turned towards Furyclaw. "What? I am I scaring the litte Clan-mates too much?" Her mocking tones made the massive Guardian dragon ahead of her look quite angry, but Blackfang quieted any outbust with a harsh look. Furyclaw breathed out, a long slow breath and his chest puffed up, making him look larger.

"Yes?" Rhea said softly to the knock on the entryway to her den. "What is it?" A strange trio of dragons walked in. Furyclaw, Blackfang and a small Skydancer, her scales darker than night with a strange scent laid onto them. "Can I help you?" Her gentle speak made Blackfang want to settle into one of the huge cushions laid around the room and listen to her talk. "I have buisness to attend to!" He thought and led Furyclaw and Umbra in. "Umbra here," He gestured to the dark dragoness. "-needs to talk to you." Rhea nodded and Umbra walked closer, allowing her strange scent to fill the space between them. "Go ahead, drake." Umbra's face contorted at being called a drake, a common name for dragons.

Umbra thought to herself, "I am not a drake and just walking among them makes me feel sick! Oh well, I need to inform the Clan-Leader of this horrid place of our dire circumstances. She will respond correctly I hope, so I will not need to fight my way out. Indeed, I would like to feel my claws run through their stupid flesh, but all in good time. Our plan for the endgame will not happen if I cannot restrain myself..."
Breathe with the fire within...
ThunderCracker exhaled sharply then murmured to herself "Ok now all I need is a disguise and a target, dragons are fooled by body some what easily but not by smell so..." she turned searching for something alive when she spotted a clown charger. "well you'll have to do for now" she scoffed, leaping forward she slashed her claws through its main artery, after it had bleed out gallons of blood she pushed the carcase away and rolled in the blood she then ripped pine needles off the trees and rubbed them on herself as well until finally she had fully masked her sent of shade. "Now for a target... how about the clan were Aradance currently resides." ThunderCracker jumped into the sky her wings fanned out and she was off flying faster than the speed of sound.
ThunderCracker exhaled sharply then murmured to herself "Ok now all I need is a disguise and a target, dragons are fooled by body some what easily but not by smell so..." she turned searching for something alive when she spotted a clown charger. "well you'll have to do for now" she scoffed, leaping forward she slashed her claws through its main artery, after it had bleed out gallons of blood she pushed the carcase away and rolled in the blood she then ripped pine needles off the trees and rubbed them on herself as well until finally she had fully masked her sent of shade. "Now for a target... how about the clan were Aradance currently resides." ThunderCracker jumped into the sky her wings fanned out and she was off flying faster than the speed of sound.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!

Hey peeps! Just want to let you know that RadioactiveNight and I communicated over messages, so that's why ThunderCracker has gained the knowledge of Aradance. If you need to directly acknowledge one of my characters (or someone else's) please send a personal message with your request! Thank you!

"I have a proposition..." Umbra's voice sound clear and cold, a slight edge to it. She continued. "As you know, the gods seemed to have withdrawn from our world and have gone into seclusion. We dragons-" Her voice seemed to waver at the mention of dragons. "-have no idea where they are or what they are doing. We have continued with our lives, however. The fire dragons continue to forge weapons and trinkets, worthy of gods, without the Flamecaller. The lightning dragons continue to harvest the energy of the lightning that strikes their spires, but without the instuction of Stormcatcher. Plague dragons are still going to war and infecting things all over, but Plaguebringer has left them to create destruction alone. We shadow dragons are still winning and cheating-" Umbra looked surprised and a bit guilty. "-but the Shadowbinder is not finding victory with us."

Rhea nodded at all of this. "Indeed. What was your name again?" Umbra's voice sounded again, making Blackfang shift in his seat, obviously uncomfortable. "My name is Umbra. Do not mistake me for the assassin everyone thinks I am." Rhea smiled. "No, no. I can tell you are not the Umbra. I met her myself." She shook her head. "Anyways, what is your point?" Umbra looked up and gave Rhea a cold look. She spoke. "My point is, why must we follow the gods when they show no involvement? I feel that we should do something about it. Why not stop following them?"

Rhea looked disturbed. She spoke, her voice surprised and a harder edge to it than normal. "Wha-what? Not follow our gods? The Mother of Flame, Flamecaller is still with us, if not phisically. Every loyal dragon knows this!" Umbra widened her eyes and she spoke with desperation in her voice. "That's my point! Dragons are rising against the gods and the stories. Who among us remembers the days of the deities? If no one is alive to tell of them how do we know they exist? If we withdraw from our worship, if there are gods, they will react and show themselves. That is my logic."

Blackfang nodded. He had always been a follower of Flamecaller and believer in the gods, that was how he grew up. However, his faith was not strong. He had never seen the gods and he did not think that such a great goddess would leave them like they were, alone in a big world. Rhea's voice silenced his thoughts and she said with a shocked air, "I remember them. Do not doubt them dragoness. They will not forgive you." Umbra rolled her eyes and she fluttered her wings. "You live in fear of what they might do if you doubt them. Blackfang over here doen not feel this way." Blackfang's and Rhea's eyes widened at this. A line of thought ran through his mind. "How does she know? I never told her my name let alone my thoughts on this!"

Rhea looked at Blackfang, her voice steady, but quiet. "Is this true Blackfang? Is your faith so shattered?" Her son bowed his head. "Indeed. I never understood them, and my faith has never strengthened." Rhea looked away from the small tundra. Furyclaw was for once quiet, taking all of this in with a slightly surprised look on his face. Umbra smiled to herself, but the gesture was hidden from the rest of the dragons.

Continue Umbra, my child of death. You are so close to meeting our goal. Mother and Son, Leader and Advisor have been driven apart, a powerful gesture. If you continue with this, the clan will be driven from each other and that is good. But even more so, shatter their faith. If they do not believe in the gods, the two bodies are weakened. The dragons seek their magical strength from the Dieties, and the Deities seek their strength from the dragon's belief. Sever the bond and both are weakened. Proceed with caution, however. If they have suspicion, withdraw and allow them plenty of time to think about your words. Not too much, however. They must not forget them. Continue convincing them. When this clan is severed from the magical energies, move onto the next. You will then find the clan led by Empress and Emperor. These are your instructions. Follow them well...

RebelliousRobin:
"There he is..." The dark ridgeback's soft words penetrated the silence. It was now early evening and the spiral finally emerged from his lair. He walked out and headed in oposite direction of the ebony dragon. "Where are you going?" The dragon thought to himself. As the spiral's silhouette got smaller as he walked into the distance, the ridge realized if he was going to talk to him, he needed to go now. He got up, cursing at his sore muscles, and opened his wings. He spotted the dark spiral and flew towards him. He dropped down just behind Mako and opened his mouth to speak, completly unaware that the dragon he needed to talk to was mute. "You, dragon. Are you the one they call Mako?"

Journey and Navella:
The spiral lay on the ground, his wing stretched out awkwardly to the side, this time it really was broken, credit to the wildclaws. His neck was bitten, but instead of being cracked like a normal dragon's would be, his seemed to heal and the skin flowed back into place where it was ripped. He tried to get up when the Imperial that had appered a few moment before spoke to him. "But enough of this... Spiral what was your means to attack the Wildclaw pair?" The dark dragon lying on the ground had not heard the rest of the conversation, so not all of this made sense. He did answer to what he could make out, though. "Forgive me," he said, addressing the wildclaws while completely ignoring the imperial before him. "My wing really is broken now, I must have been confused. I seemed to have lost control of myself for a moment. Please forgive my insolence." He hoped that the trio of dragons wouldn't notice how lame of a response that was.

Hey peeps! Just want to let you know that RadioactiveNight and I communicated over messages, so that's why ThunderCracker has gained the knowledge of Aradance. If you need to directly acknowledge one of my characters (or someone else's) please send a personal message with your request! Thank you!

"I have a proposition..." Umbra's voice sound clear and cold, a slight edge to it. She continued. "As you know, the gods seemed to have withdrawn from our world and have gone into seclusion. We dragons-" Her voice seemed to waver at the mention of dragons. "-have no idea where they are or what they are doing. We have continued with our lives, however. The fire dragons continue to forge weapons and trinkets, worthy of gods, without the Flamecaller. The lightning dragons continue to harvest the energy of the lightning that strikes their spires, but without the instuction of Stormcatcher. Plague dragons are still going to war and infecting things all over, but Plaguebringer has left them to create destruction alone. We shadow dragons are still winning and cheating-" Umbra looked surprised and a bit guilty. "-but the Shadowbinder is not finding victory with us."

Rhea nodded at all of this. "Indeed. What was your name again?" Umbra's voice sounded again, making Blackfang shift in his seat, obviously uncomfortable. "My name is Umbra. Do not mistake me for the assassin everyone thinks I am." Rhea smiled. "No, no. I can tell you are not the Umbra. I met her myself." She shook her head. "Anyways, what is your point?" Umbra looked up and gave Rhea a cold look. She spoke. "My point is, why must we follow the gods when they show no involvement? I feel that we should do something about it. Why not stop following them?"

Rhea looked disturbed. She spoke, her voice surprised and a harder edge to it than normal. "Wha-what? Not follow our gods? The Mother of Flame, Flamecaller is still with us, if not phisically. Every loyal dragon knows this!" Umbra widened her eyes and she spoke with desperation in her voice. "That's my point! Dragons are rising against the gods and the stories. Who among us remembers the days of the deities? If no one is alive to tell of them how do we know they exist? If we withdraw from our worship, if there are gods, they will react and show themselves. That is my logic."

Blackfang nodded. He had always been a follower of Flamecaller and believer in the gods, that was how he grew up. However, his faith was not strong. He had never seen the gods and he did not think that such a great goddess would leave them like they were, alone in a big world. Rhea's voice silenced his thoughts and she said with a shocked air, "I remember them. Do not doubt them dragoness. They will not forgive you." Umbra rolled her eyes and she fluttered her wings. "You live in fear of what they might do if you doubt them. Blackfang over here doen not feel this way." Blackfang's and Rhea's eyes widened at this. A line of thought ran through his mind. "How does she know? I never told her my name let alone my thoughts on this!"

Rhea looked at Blackfang, her voice steady, but quiet. "Is this true Blackfang? Is your faith so shattered?" Her son bowed his head. "Indeed. I never understood them, and my faith has never strengthened." Rhea looked away from the small tundra. Furyclaw was for once quiet, taking all of this in with a slightly surprised look on his face. Umbra smiled to herself, but the gesture was hidden from the rest of the dragons.

Continue Umbra, my child of death. You are so close to meeting our goal. Mother and Son, Leader and Advisor have been driven apart, a powerful gesture. If you continue with this, the clan will be driven from each other and that is good. But even more so, shatter their faith. If they do not believe in the gods, the two bodies are weakened. The dragons seek their magical strength from the Dieties, and the Deities seek their strength from the dragon's belief. Sever the bond and both are weakened. Proceed with caution, however. If they have suspicion, withdraw and allow them plenty of time to think about your words. Not too much, however. They must not forget them. Continue convincing them. When this clan is severed from the magical energies, move onto the next. You will then find the clan led by Empress and Emperor. These are your instructions. Follow them well...

RebelliousRobin:
"There he is..." The dark ridgeback's soft words penetrated the silence. It was now early evening and the spiral finally emerged from his lair. He walked out and headed in oposite direction of the ebony dragon. "Where are you going?" The dragon thought to himself. As the spiral's silhouette got smaller as he walked into the distance, the ridge realized if he was going to talk to him, he needed to go now. He got up, cursing at his sore muscles, and opened his wings. He spotted the dark spiral and flew towards him. He dropped down just behind Mako and opened his mouth to speak, completly unaware that the dragon he needed to talk to was mute. "You, dragon. Are you the one they call Mako?"

Journey and Navella:
The spiral lay on the ground, his wing stretched out awkwardly to the side, this time it really was broken, credit to the wildclaws. His neck was bitten, but instead of being cracked like a normal dragon's would be, his seemed to heal and the skin flowed back into place where it was ripped. He tried to get up when the Imperial that had appered a few moment before spoke to him. "But enough of this... Spiral what was your means to attack the Wildclaw pair?" The dark dragon lying on the ground had not heard the rest of the conversation, so not all of this made sense. He did answer to what he could make out, though. "Forgive me," he said, addressing the wildclaws while completely ignoring the imperial before him. "My wing really is broken now, I must have been confused. I seemed to have lost control of myself for a moment. Please forgive my insolence." He hoped that the trio of dragons wouldn't notice how lame of a response that was.
@DracoDominus @GoldenBasilisk @Journey @mitelia @Creed @Navella @carbonhaze @RadioactiveNight @Emerelda

The Spiral stopped when his name was called, and he opened one wing, his head ducking under it as he looked behind himself. It was almost comical the way he was presenting himself to jet black Ridgeback, but he smiled widely at him. Mako nodded, cocking his head to the side and blinking, his smirk ever present. He blinked a few times more, remaining in the strange pretzel he was twisted in. Mako untangled himself, and faced the Ridgeback, his tail tip trashing a bit. The Spiral blinked, not like anyone could see him do so, and folded his wings. He reached into his scroll case and pulled out a piece of parchment, and held it out to the dragon with a grin. It was one of his riddles.

Oh how he loved to greet others with stumping questions and tricky mazes! Mako's grin never wavered as he held out the piece of rolled up paper. It was one of his favorite riddles, for he was always keeping them.

Very few friends I have, renowned am not,
Concealed and shielded behind much, difficult to spot.
I am like bug and sickness; I am contagious not always wanted,
Though I am small, they fear me greatly, for I might leave them haunted.
At times I am tough to keep, my master forced to let me free,
Then I rupture and soar around and they converse regarding me.
I may be friend or foe, servant or teacher,
I am like a bird; I want to be a free creature.
What am I?

To Mako, the answer was very clear. A Secret, in fact. This riddle never failed to stump DarkSong, and she was still trying to figure it out, herself. But he had figured it out very quick, as he was keeping them often.
@DracoDominus @GoldenBasilisk @Journey @mitelia @Creed @Navella @carbonhaze @RadioactiveNight @Emerelda

The Spiral stopped when his name was called, and he opened one wing, his head ducking under it as he looked behind himself. It was almost comical the way he was presenting himself to jet black Ridgeback, but he smiled widely at him. Mako nodded, cocking his head to the side and blinking, his smirk ever present. He blinked a few times more, remaining in the strange pretzel he was twisted in. Mako untangled himself, and faced the Ridgeback, his tail tip trashing a bit. The Spiral blinked, not like anyone could see him do so, and folded his wings. He reached into his scroll case and pulled out a piece of parchment, and held it out to the dragon with a grin. It was one of his riddles.

Oh how he loved to greet others with stumping questions and tricky mazes! Mako's grin never wavered as he held out the piece of rolled up paper. It was one of his favorite riddles, for he was always keeping them.

Very few friends I have, renowned am not,
Concealed and shielded behind much, difficult to spot.
I am like bug and sickness; I am contagious not always wanted,
Though I am small, they fear me greatly, for I might leave them haunted.
At times I am tough to keep, my master forced to let me free,
Then I rupture and soar around and they converse regarding me.
I may be friend or foe, servant or teacher,
I am like a bird; I want to be a free creature.
What am I?

To Mako, the answer was very clear. A Secret, in fact. This riddle never failed to stump DarkSong, and she was still trying to figure it out, herself. But he had figured it out very quick, as he was keeping them often.
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
@GoldenBasilisk I am sorry for being so late, but I am a bit confused. Am I waiting for you to ping me first with one of your own dragons to reply, or do I just post now? Also sorry for the lateness, but work has been hectic lately.
@GoldenBasilisk I am sorry for being so late, but I am a bit confused. Am I waiting for you to ping me first with one of your own dragons to reply, or do I just post now? Also sorry for the lateness, but work has been hectic lately.

Hey everbody! I'm sorry I haven't been replying to your posts, but I get quite sick just a few days ago, also I have much work to do elsewhere. If I do not help you with this post, I will either tomorrow or a few days from now.

Creed: I can certainly have one of my dragons come to you. If you would like to work your way into the story yourself, by all means go right ahead! I will continue roleplaying in a few dyas, if I'm lucky, tomorrow.

Happy Holidays everyone! Have a nice day!

Hey everbody! I'm sorry I haven't been replying to your posts, but I get quite sick just a few days ago, also I have much work to do elsewhere. If I do not help you with this post, I will either tomorrow or a few days from now.

Creed: I can certainly have one of my dragons come to you. If you would like to work your way into the story yourself, by all means go right ahead! I will continue roleplaying in a few dyas, if I'm lucky, tomorrow.

Happy Holidays everyone! Have a nice day!
@goldenbasilisk
ThunderCracker's speed brought her to the entrance of the lair of the Great Goldenbasilisk. She thru her head back and let out a thundering howl "Aradance, I've come to collect my penance!"
@goldenbasilisk
ThunderCracker's speed brought her to the entrance of the lair of the Great Goldenbasilisk. She thru her head back and let out a thundering howl "Aradance, I've come to collect my penance!"
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
1 2 3 4 5