Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RP Training Grounds (open, all welcome!)
1 2 ... 667 668 669 670 671 ... 2283 2284
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16206842] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162069/16206842_350.png [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32861920] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/328620/32861920_350.png [/url] A slender Spiral adorned in cogs and chains is bickering with an older Imperial dragon. The Imperials silks and cloak glitter with fine silks and fiber, her headband of bones contrasting the innocent beauty of her other accessories. It seems to be playfully serious banter, as it looks like they obviously know each other. [color= green]"I'm telling you, Fellwin, we only need eachother! Pah, social excercises are only for them to analyze your psyche,"[/color] the spiral speaks first, her voice surprisingly intelligent, with a twinge of childish curiousity. Her tail twitches, and the metallic rattle sounds harsh. [color= purple]"Such the skeptic as always, Serenice. And I am telling you, as your elder, to get your snout out of those old scrolls and to actually talk to your peers,"[/color] the older imperial's feathers on her wings ruffled, slightly agitated, [color= purple]"You're an adult dragon, yet you're as stubborn as a hatchling, Saren."[/color] The spiral now also seems agitated, adjusting her goggles, [color= green]"Whatever you say, Winny! Maybe I'll observe [i]others[/i] psyche and behavior to avoid mine being cloned."[/color] [color= purple]"I didn't think it would be this difficult, but I can arrange for extra scrap and pieces to be delivered to your den. Also, I've heard whispers of old scrolls and books that have been discovered, most of them covering the normal dragons mind, and many old inventions-"[/color] [color= green]"Deal!"[/color] Sarenice agrees before hearing the rest of Fellwin's offer, obviously too tempted to say no. Sarenice skitters off, but not too far off from her elder friend. Fellwin's magenta eyes glitter with amusement, watching the other closely, perhaps to make sure she doesn't break their deal. (I haven't roleplayed on FR in a year... too nervous to, haha, but now I just can't stop thinking about it!)
16206842_350.png

32861920_350.png

A slender Spiral adorned in cogs and chains is bickering with an older Imperial dragon. The Imperials silks and cloak glitter with fine silks and fiber, her headband of bones contrasting the innocent beauty of her other accessories. It seems to be playfully serious banter, as it looks like they obviously know each other.

"I'm telling you, Fellwin, we only need eachother! Pah, social excercises are only for them to analyze your psyche," the spiral speaks first, her voice surprisingly intelligent, with a twinge of childish curiousity. Her tail twitches, and the metallic rattle sounds harsh.

"Such the skeptic as always, Serenice. And I am telling you, as your elder, to get your snout out of those old scrolls and to actually talk to your peers," the older imperial's feathers on her wings ruffled, slightly agitated, "You're an adult dragon, yet you're as stubborn as a hatchling, Saren."

The spiral now also seems agitated, adjusting her goggles, "Whatever you say, Winny! Maybe I'll observe others psyche and behavior to avoid mine being cloned."

"I didn't think it would be this difficult, but I can arrange for extra scrap and pieces to be delivered to your den. Also, I've heard whispers of old scrolls and books that have been discovered, most of them covering the normal dragons mind, and many old inventions-"

"Deal!" Sarenice agrees before hearing the rest of Fellwin's offer, obviously too tempted to say no.

Sarenice skitters off, but not too far off from her elder friend. Fellwin's magenta eyes glitter with amusement, watching the other closely, perhaps to make sure she doesn't break their deal.

(I haven't roleplayed on FR in a year... too nervous to, haha, but now I just can't stop thinking about it!)
FucILoG.pngimage0.gifa3zmj4c.png
@roxy090823

Desera gave the mirror a small grin as Jules' light green eyes lit up. The bogsneak hoped he was prepared for the scientist's upcoming stream of, well, science. "Well that's good. If he is bothering you, please let me know." She glanced at her companion. "Don't go too over the top, Jules.

The coatl barely heard her. "Ah yes, gembond! A commodity I was never able to study closely until now!" He leaned in closer to the mirror again. "Aaah, how lovely! It's as if you're truly growing gemstones on your very scales. We have a few coatls back home with that - a pair just had hatchlings, lovely things - but they're closer to a sea green!"

His tongue darted out in thought. "...hmm. I wonder...excuse me for asking, but which flight do you hail from? I would just look at your eyes, but my protective goggles here -" He adjusted them as he spoke. "- tint everything a curious shade of red."
@roxy090823

Desera gave the mirror a small grin as Jules' light green eyes lit up. The bogsneak hoped he was prepared for the scientist's upcoming stream of, well, science. "Well that's good. If he is bothering you, please let me know." She glanced at her companion. "Don't go too over the top, Jules.

The coatl barely heard her. "Ah yes, gembond! A commodity I was never able to study closely until now!" He leaned in closer to the mirror again. "Aaah, how lovely! It's as if you're truly growing gemstones on your very scales. We have a few coatls back home with that - a pair just had hatchlings, lovely things - but they're closer to a sea green!"

His tongue darted out in thought. "...hmm. I wonder...excuse me for asking, but which flight do you hail from? I would just look at your eyes, but my protective goggles here -" He adjusted them as he spoke. "- tint everything a curious shade of red."
tumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png..................................o3nUqVt.png..................................tumblr_inline_oq2efjUoo11r2ao8y_540.png
badges found here
click the feather to go to my hatchery!
"I will" he chirped, tongue flicking out idly. At the sudden question, he tilted his head "I come from an ice clan, although I've lived with a light clan for a long while" He informed the coatl- Jules- wondering, curiously, how that helps.

@TheCoatlDen
"I will" he chirped, tongue flicking out idly. At the sudden question, he tilted his head "I come from an ice clan, although I've lived with a light clan for a long while" He informed the coatl- Jules- wondering, curiously, how that helps.

@TheCoatlDen
tumblr_nj9pxyrETG1un5y68o5_500.png
@roxy090823 (sorry for the lateness lmao)

"Ah!" Jules hummed to himself as he mulled over the information. "Well, that invalidates one of my theories. I had created a multitude of ideas for why gembond could be such colors. Of course, I know it mostly depends on the tertiary gene, but I had wondered if the tertiary gene for this particular appearance depended on elemental allegiance. One of my clanmates is from a wind clan, and his gembond is the exact same color..." The coatl peered at the mirror once more. "I suppose it just works like every other!"

He laughed, doing a small flip in the air. He wasn't upset that he was wrong, or that it was less complicated than he thought for this particular gene, or even that it went by the same rules as other genes. Failing was a fundamental part of science!
@roxy090823 (sorry for the lateness lmao)

"Ah!" Jules hummed to himself as he mulled over the information. "Well, that invalidates one of my theories. I had created a multitude of ideas for why gembond could be such colors. Of course, I know it mostly depends on the tertiary gene, but I had wondered if the tertiary gene for this particular appearance depended on elemental allegiance. One of my clanmates is from a wind clan, and his gembond is the exact same color..." The coatl peered at the mirror once more. "I suppose it just works like every other!"

He laughed, doing a small flip in the air. He wasn't upset that he was wrong, or that it was less complicated than he thought for this particular gene, or even that it went by the same rules as other genes. Failing was a fundamental part of science!
tumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png..................................o3nUqVt.png..................................tumblr_inline_oq2efjUoo11r2ao8y_540.png
badges found here
click the feather to go to my hatchery!
A guardian slips into the crowded mass of dragons, not saying a word. She sits on a rock and watches the other dragons interact with each other. Her wings are a tangerine color, and the other scales mulberry. Her eyes are a bright green, showing that she is of the nature flight, and she wears a deeper green renaissance shirt. (I have not read any post but the first, so I'm sorry if this causes a misunderstanding or something. @Technova @Daroir Thought you might want to see... Finally know how to post dragons!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32154945] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321550/32154945_350.png[/img] [/url]
A guardian slips into the crowded mass of dragons, not saying a word. She sits on a rock and watches the other dragons interact with each other. Her wings are a tangerine color, and the other scales mulberry. Her eyes are a bright green, showing that she is of the nature flight, and she wears a deeper green renaissance shirt.

(I have not read any post but the first, so I'm sorry if this causes a misunderstanding or something. @Technova @Daroir Thought you might want to see... Finally know how to post dragons!)

32154945_350.png
( @Technova Sorry for the late response, notifications didnt work for some reason)

He tilts his head toward the Fea before looking around at the rest of the dragons.

"From what I've heard from talk and scrolls... It's to help specific dragons to learn to Socialize. Though... I'm not one to be good at that so that is why I am here..." He speaks with a more confident tone but still quiet.

Daroir brings his head down a little and his wings and tail shift.
( @Technova Sorry for the late response, notifications didnt work for some reason)

He tilts his head toward the Fea before looking around at the rest of the dragons.

"From what I've heard from talk and scrolls... It's to help specific dragons to learn to Socialize. Though... I'm not one to be good at that so that is why I am here..." He speaks with a more confident tone but still quiet.

Daroir brings his head down a little and his wings and tail shift.
"hm..."

"hm......."

"Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt for me to check it out, I don't see very many other dragons, except the few that live in the same lair as I do."

"Although come to think of it, isn't this right here practicing that sort of thing?"

( @Daroir )
"hm..."

"hm......."

"Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt for me to check it out, I don't see very many other dragons, except the few that live in the same lair as I do."

"Although come to think of it, isn't this right here practicing that sort of thing?"

( @Daroir )
o4DqWK1.png
She overhears Daroir. He must like scrolls a lot. Kind of reminds me of my granddaughter. She lies down on the rock, pretending to sleep, but keeping one eye half-open.

(@Daroir)
She overhears Daroir. He must like scrolls a lot. Kind of reminds me of my granddaughter. She lies down on the rock, pretending to sleep, but keeping one eye half-open.

(@Daroir)
Daroir thinks for a brief moment before speaking.

"I guess it is right for that sort of thing" Daroir cant help but chuckle.

Daroir's ears twitch after hearing something. He turns his head toward another guardian who he believes is asleep. He looks at her for a few seconds before shaking his head and turning back to the Fea, his tail twitching a little as he begins to think in his mind.

I could've sworn I heard something... I must be going a bit mad...

( @Technova @Raccoongirl )
Daroir thinks for a brief moment before speaking.

"I guess it is right for that sort of thing" Daroir cant help but chuckle.

Daroir's ears twitch after hearing something. He turns his head toward another guardian who he believes is asleep. He looks at her for a few seconds before shaking his head and turning back to the Fea, his tail twitching a little as he begins to think in his mind.

I could've sworn I heard something... I must be going a bit mad...

( @Technova @Raccoongirl )
(Is italics used for thoughts? On the site I usually RP on, italics and/or bold are for narration and underline is for thoughts.)
The Fae perches atop...another sleeping dragon, not the one that just lay down. Looking at the info screens Fae dragons are really small and weigh less than a kilogram so the other dragon which isn't belonging to any particular player may not even notice.

"So what do we do then?"

(Also what's the canon status of say, gene scrolls? If a scroll is applied to a dragon, would it be considered that the dragon had always been that way, or that they had been given the pattern associated with the scroll?)

(Actually, also related to that, in-game the player runs a lair and keeps it going, in-universe what's the setup with how they're run, is it one dragon that runs it, or do they all run the place as a group, or something else?)

( @Daroir )
(Is italics used for thoughts? On the site I usually RP on, italics and/or bold are for narration and underline is for thoughts.)
The Fae perches atop...another sleeping dragon, not the one that just lay down. Looking at the info screens Fae dragons are really small and weigh less than a kilogram so the other dragon which isn't belonging to any particular player may not even notice.

"So what do we do then?"

(Also what's the canon status of say, gene scrolls? If a scroll is applied to a dragon, would it be considered that the dragon had always been that way, or that they had been given the pattern associated with the scroll?)

(Actually, also related to that, in-game the player runs a lair and keeps it going, in-universe what's the setup with how they're run, is it one dragon that runs it, or do they all run the place as a group, or something else?)

( @Daroir )
o4DqWK1.png
1 2 ... 667 668 669 670 671 ... 2283 2284