Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clans Meeting as Hatchlings
1 2
"Beige and coral?" Said Laguz, his artistic side being offended at the mere mention of those two words in the same sentence. He shook his head, realising that the conversation between the sisters would be a mystery to anyone outside their clan. "Shall we go and see about this tree then?"
"YES." Said Hexdagaz, marching decisively away.
Down a steep slope, over a frozen creek and past thirty-eight trees they arrived at the twisted heap of wood and icicles that looked a lot more like a knot of bones than a tree. Despite the great height of its tallest branches, the tree did not follow the characteristic upright shape that most coniferous trees conformed to. The main trunk, which was split and cracked and scorched allover, raised itself up from the ground, then went horizontally into a cave of branches, zig-zagging breifly, before splitting into thin branches spiraling upwards.
On one of the topmost branches was a golden chain with a red gemstone of somekind hanging from it. A film of frost had grown over the stone, and it swayed gently in the breeze as it hung from the thin twig meters above the tangled mess of the tree.
Laguz and Hexdagaz shared a glance of impish menace, and then assumed the sweet smiles of dragon chicks everywhere. Laguz went back to being the more mature of the two, whereas Hexdagaz decided to goad Dawlay in a childish dare.
"Would you like to climb the tree?" She asked the yellow dragon. "No wings allowed, we've got to tie 'em up before we can start climbing!"

@Stanzascale
"Beige and coral?" Said Laguz, his artistic side being offended at the mere mention of those two words in the same sentence. He shook his head, realising that the conversation between the sisters would be a mystery to anyone outside their clan. "Shall we go and see about this tree then?"
"YES." Said Hexdagaz, marching decisively away.
Down a steep slope, over a frozen creek and past thirty-eight trees they arrived at the twisted heap of wood and icicles that looked a lot more like a knot of bones than a tree. Despite the great height of its tallest branches, the tree did not follow the characteristic upright shape that most coniferous trees conformed to. The main trunk, which was split and cracked and scorched allover, raised itself up from the ground, then went horizontally into a cave of branches, zig-zagging breifly, before splitting into thin branches spiraling upwards.
On one of the topmost branches was a golden chain with a red gemstone of somekind hanging from it. A film of frost had grown over the stone, and it swayed gently in the breeze as it hung from the thin twig meters above the tangled mess of the tree.
Laguz and Hexdagaz shared a glance of impish menace, and then assumed the sweet smiles of dragon chicks everywhere. Laguz went back to being the more mature of the two, whereas Hexdagaz decided to goad Dawlay in a childish dare.
"Would you like to climb the tree?" She asked the yellow dragon. "No wings allowed, we've got to tie 'em up before we can start climbing!"

@Stanzascale
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
rDDk8Bm.png Bw4cyXn.pngjU7eG38.png 8lxCsmk.png
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
UEbwahm.pngKCykZYQ.pngUiowYIX.png
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
Dawlay dropped the thought and skipped to catch up with the Guardian, her sister following behind at her own pace.

After they arrived and the challenge set, Dawlay queried, "to the winner: the shiny?" Her eyes upon the gem above.

"How'd that get up there? Carried by a dragon crashing into it?" Melreyna wondered.

The lemon sibling's tail twitched,
"Only if yours are tied up first!" Dawlay cackled at the no-wings-rule, "got the leather for it?"

Melreyna gave a sigh, "this is why that Wildclaw in the Starwood was telling us to always pack prepared, with salves and the like."

"The whoozit?"

"Oh, that's right. You were distracted by some Spirals spinning pot-lids on branches at the time."

"What? It's one heck of a skill! I bet I could be brilliant..."

"Ah, so that's why you were cornered by some disgruntled dragons with the floor covered in broken pottery after begging some favours of your friends." The purple hatchling started glancing around to see if there were any fitting plants in light of the talk of salves.

@Northwyrm
Dawlay dropped the thought and skipped to catch up with the Guardian, her sister following behind at her own pace.

After they arrived and the challenge set, Dawlay queried, "to the winner: the shiny?" Her eyes upon the gem above.

"How'd that get up there? Carried by a dragon crashing into it?" Melreyna wondered.

The lemon sibling's tail twitched,
"Only if yours are tied up first!" Dawlay cackled at the no-wings-rule, "got the leather for it?"

Melreyna gave a sigh, "this is why that Wildclaw in the Starwood was telling us to always pack prepared, with salves and the like."

"The whoozit?"

"Oh, that's right. You were distracted by some Spirals spinning pot-lids on branches at the time."

"What? It's one heck of a skill! I bet I could be brilliant..."

"Ah, so that's why you were cornered by some disgruntled dragons with the floor covered in broken pottery after begging some favours of your friends." The purple hatchling started glancing around to see if there were any fitting plants in light of the talk of salves.

@Northwyrm
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
"I put the shiny there myself, I flew." Said Hexdagaz proudly. She went up to the base of the trunk and reached in a deep scratch to retrieve a large tangle of long strips of leather. "Laguz will tie us up as he's the best at knots. Melreyna, do you want to try for the shiny too?"

@Stanzascale
"I put the shiny there myself, I flew." Said Hexdagaz proudly. She went up to the base of the trunk and reached in a deep scratch to retrieve a large tangle of long strips of leather. "Laguz will tie us up as he's the best at knots. Melreyna, do you want to try for the shiny too?"

@Stanzascale
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
UEbwahm.pngKCykZYQ.pngUiowYIX.png
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
Dawlay looked at the Guardian and at the tree, before whispering (if it could be called that, with a volume similar to that when speaking as it was) to Melreyna, referring to the latter's comment about how the prize got up there, "that doesn't make you wrong." If it was to be a race, then one yellow Mirror was evidently feeling confident.

Melreyna was sat down, looking at the hanging object, "so is that just jewelry, or some kind of enchanted object, or an amulet or talisman or what?" She was more interested in watching at that stage, the goal could easily be a trinket. "Know what plants around here are good for salves? I think some of us might find ourselves in need," the purple hatchling asked the Fae.

Dawlay gave a little giggle, facing Hexdagaz, "you were planning this little race, huh? What, overnight?" She craned her head to look up at the ice that had formed over the prize.

@Northwyrm
Dawlay looked at the Guardian and at the tree, before whispering (if it could be called that, with a volume similar to that when speaking as it was) to Melreyna, referring to the latter's comment about how the prize got up there, "that doesn't make you wrong." If it was to be a race, then one yellow Mirror was evidently feeling confident.

Melreyna was sat down, looking at the hanging object, "so is that just jewelry, or some kind of enchanted object, or an amulet or talisman or what?" She was more interested in watching at that stage, the goal could easily be a trinket. "Know what plants around here are good for salves? I think some of us might find ourselves in need," the purple hatchling asked the Fae.

Dawlay gave a little giggle, facing Hexdagaz, "you were planning this little race, huh? What, overnight?" She craned her head to look up at the ice that had formed over the prize.

@Northwyrm
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
"I don't know about plants..." Said the fae, looking around. "There aren't many around here. I think there is some Subterranean Clover, but most plants can't survive the very low light levels... And it's winter..." He looked under the shadows of the trees. "But I know where to find duskrats and the suchlike!" he said brightly.

"Us Shadow dragons always plan games! It's good to have at least one challenge lying around. The shiny is just as shiny, as far as I'm aware." Said Hexdagaz, a curious lilt of LIES in her voice as she said the last sentence, quickly covered up by her saying "Come on Laguz!"
The fae did a mock sigh, took the leather wraps off his friend, and gestured for her to turn her back to him and fold her wings. She did so, and he bound her wings to her back and sides with neat little knots. He gestured for Dawlay to do the same, and bound her wings too.
He then checked that the wraps would not affect the movement of their legs, so that both dragons were still capable of climbing. Satisfied with his work, he gave Hexdagaz a thumbs-up.

@Stanzascale
"I don't know about plants..." Said the fae, looking around. "There aren't many around here. I think there is some Subterranean Clover, but most plants can't survive the very low light levels... And it's winter..." He looked under the shadows of the trees. "But I know where to find duskrats and the suchlike!" he said brightly.

"Us Shadow dragons always plan games! It's good to have at least one challenge lying around. The shiny is just as shiny, as far as I'm aware." Said Hexdagaz, a curious lilt of LIES in her voice as she said the last sentence, quickly covered up by her saying "Come on Laguz!"
The fae did a mock sigh, took the leather wraps off his friend, and gestured for her to turn her back to him and fold her wings. She did so, and he bound her wings to her back and sides with neat little knots. He gestured for Dawlay to do the same, and bound her wings too.
He then checked that the wraps would not affect the movement of their legs, so that both dragons were still capable of climbing. Satisfied with his work, he gave Hexdagaz a thumbs-up.

@Stanzascale
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|