Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight of Infidels [RP Thread]
1 2
[Chat Thread]

@Denri @The13Inquisitor @Gucumatz @Winterling @Mumble @iugulum @Callide @Westwood @Scandinavia @Shiko @Ith @absoluteblue

Zenith spread her wings, allowing the sun to warm her dark hide. The peak of the mountain was surprisingly warm for the season, and it was a welcome reprieve from the chill of the trip.

The Guardian hadn’t yet reached her full growth, but she was already quite large even by her species’ standards. Her pale green eyes – the mark of her bond to the Windsinger, she still found herself humming the songs under her breath, though the prayers brought her little comfort – turned to the dragons at her side.

“You have a report?” The rumble of her voice was carefully controlled.

The one she addressed stopped darting around her head for a moment, and she could get a better look at the other dragon. Elderberry was thinner than she remembered, her grey scales gone dull as a stone, and her Arcane-purple eyes dulled with exhaustion. The Fae’s silver-blue crest was flared as if in excitement, but Zenith noted the familiar, tense curl of Berry’s tail.

“You have a report?” She asked again, insistent.

“Perhaps I should go first?” The Mirror dragon seated in her shadow was the antithesis of all his species represented – his shadowy wings pressed close to his back instead of outspread in a threatening display, long, whiplike tail curled neatly around his feet as if he were a great cat. Anabiel had changed little since he was a hatchling.

“The Flights are moving to form an alliance against our brothers.” He chuckled. “I’m sure they don’t taste the irony.”

“It’s the same,” Berry drifted in loose figure eights, circling Zenith and Ana’s heads in turns. “It’s the same with Arcane, they’re talking with neighbors, talking with old enemies.” Her crest drew close to her neck in a show of deep disgust. “I do not have a taste for them, these arrogant ones. When can I come home?”

Ana hissed softly, his purple eyes narrowing. “We can talk about home when the mission is -”

Zenith’s rumble silenced them both. “You haven’t told me anything I couldn’t guess. This is…disappointing. If you have nothing left to say, go rejoin the flights. If you don’t find out something useful before you return, don’t bother coming back.”

If there was a twinge of guilt at talking to them that way, it didn’t show in the set of her wings. She was made of stone and ice, and she would not be moved.

Berry was a blur in the air before Zenith finished speaking, shooting in the direction of the Starfall Isles without a sound. Ana, on the other hand, flicked his tail impudently against her shoulder, his jaws spread in what passed for a toothy grin. “So cold, mother. You’ve spent too long in that icebox.”

Then he too was gone to lurk in the shadows of the tangled woods. He seemed to love it there. When their war was less in earnest, he took great pleasure in telling her of luring the Lightweaver’s children into the dark.

She shook off the thought and set her sights for the Southern Icefield. There was so much work to do – defenses to undermine, hatchlings to corrupt - and so little time.
[Chat Thread]

@Denri @The13Inquisitor @Gucumatz @Winterling @Mumble @iugulum @Callide @Westwood @Scandinavia @Shiko @Ith @absoluteblue

Zenith spread her wings, allowing the sun to warm her dark hide. The peak of the mountain was surprisingly warm for the season, and it was a welcome reprieve from the chill of the trip.

The Guardian hadn’t yet reached her full growth, but she was already quite large even by her species’ standards. Her pale green eyes – the mark of her bond to the Windsinger, she still found herself humming the songs under her breath, though the prayers brought her little comfort – turned to the dragons at her side.

“You have a report?” The rumble of her voice was carefully controlled.

The one she addressed stopped darting around her head for a moment, and she could get a better look at the other dragon. Elderberry was thinner than she remembered, her grey scales gone dull as a stone, and her Arcane-purple eyes dulled with exhaustion. The Fae’s silver-blue crest was flared as if in excitement, but Zenith noted the familiar, tense curl of Berry’s tail.

“You have a report?” She asked again, insistent.

“Perhaps I should go first?” The Mirror dragon seated in her shadow was the antithesis of all his species represented – his shadowy wings pressed close to his back instead of outspread in a threatening display, long, whiplike tail curled neatly around his feet as if he were a great cat. Anabiel had changed little since he was a hatchling.

“The Flights are moving to form an alliance against our brothers.” He chuckled. “I’m sure they don’t taste the irony.”

“It’s the same,” Berry drifted in loose figure eights, circling Zenith and Ana’s heads in turns. “It’s the same with Arcane, they’re talking with neighbors, talking with old enemies.” Her crest drew close to her neck in a show of deep disgust. “I do not have a taste for them, these arrogant ones. When can I come home?”

Ana hissed softly, his purple eyes narrowing. “We can talk about home when the mission is -”

Zenith’s rumble silenced them both. “You haven’t told me anything I couldn’t guess. This is…disappointing. If you have nothing left to say, go rejoin the flights. If you don’t find out something useful before you return, don’t bother coming back.”

If there was a twinge of guilt at talking to them that way, it didn’t show in the set of her wings. She was made of stone and ice, and she would not be moved.

Berry was a blur in the air before Zenith finished speaking, shooting in the direction of the Starfall Isles without a sound. Ana, on the other hand, flicked his tail impudently against her shoulder, his jaws spread in what passed for a toothy grin. “So cold, mother. You’ve spent too long in that icebox.”

Then he too was gone to lurk in the shadows of the tangled woods. He seemed to love it there. When their war was less in earnest, he took great pleasure in telling her of luring the Lightweaver’s children into the dark.

She shook off the thought and set her sights for the Southern Icefield. There was so much work to do – defenses to undermine, hatchlings to corrupt - and so little time.
Azrael was not in a good mood.
The day had started nicely enough and Brudigan and Reshaki had even appeared later in the morning to visit.
The gaggle of adopted hatchlings his nascent clan had taken in or fostered for other clans were coming along in their lessons without much trouble and he'd awoken with Val curled up next to him. After twenty years of separation, that was still one of the things he was sure he'd never get tired of.

Then, when he and Verrillan had been out hunting, they'd encountered some idiot Tundra who'd been preaching vile heresy about the Windsinger being a tyrant and the other gods being unworthy of their loyalty.
When Azrael had challenged the blasphemer, a short and rather one-sided fight had ensued.
Hence his bad mood.
He was privately pleased that his skills hadn't slipped since he'd decided to settle down though.
He looked down at the bloody corpse at his feet, then up to the horizon.
There'd always been heretics like this Tundra. Dragons who forsook the Gods and who turned to banditry and crime to get by. He'd fought his share wandering as a mercenary and narrowly avoided being killed a few more times.
"Not saying he didn't deserve that Azrael, but what're you going to do about it?" Verrillan asked tentatively.
"Good question."Azrael replied, then turned to Verrillan. "Go back to our lair and tell Val I'm going south for a little. And tell her what happened. I'm going to go and visit the Winterlings."
Azrael was not in a good mood.
The day had started nicely enough and Brudigan and Reshaki had even appeared later in the morning to visit.
The gaggle of adopted hatchlings his nascent clan had taken in or fostered for other clans were coming along in their lessons without much trouble and he'd awoken with Val curled up next to him. After twenty years of separation, that was still one of the things he was sure he'd never get tired of.

Then, when he and Verrillan had been out hunting, they'd encountered some idiot Tundra who'd been preaching vile heresy about the Windsinger being a tyrant and the other gods being unworthy of their loyalty.
When Azrael had challenged the blasphemer, a short and rather one-sided fight had ensued.
Hence his bad mood.
He was privately pleased that his skills hadn't slipped since he'd decided to settle down though.
He looked down at the bloody corpse at his feet, then up to the horizon.
There'd always been heretics like this Tundra. Dragons who forsook the Gods and who turned to banditry and crime to get by. He'd fought his share wandering as a mercenary and narrowly avoided being killed a few more times.
"Not saying he didn't deserve that Azrael, but what're you going to do about it?" Verrillan asked tentatively.
"Good question."Azrael replied, then turned to Verrillan. "Go back to our lair and tell Val I'm going south for a little. And tell her what happened. I'm going to go and visit the Winterlings."
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
((um... @the13inquisitor i think i was supposed to go first?? but that&#039;s fine, do you wanna post before me next time our turn rolls around or should i take my spot in the ping order and you post after me? lemme know in the chat thread, okay? thanks! <3))

it hadn&#039;t been more than a fortnight since savari received word of the "uprising" when she managed to find herself upon the mountain that served as its headquarters. of course, the mirror moved quickly, but due to her breed&#039;s limited capacity for flight, even magically-aided travel over such excessively rough terrain was a challenge. still, savari&#039;s energy reserves were large enough that she was only mildly drained by the time she spied the summit&#039;s base.

of course, the climb itself was going to be irritatingly grueling.

savari pouted (an incredibly bizarre face for a dragon, but one she nevertheless made), huffing a short, sharp breath and glaring at the peak. "disgusting! they expect, believe, i should climb all the way to the top of the mountain? just to hear their plots, their schemes? absurd! outrageous! stupid! of all the things, this is what they have me do, is it? hmpf."

the mirror continued to complain along those same lines, occasionally repeating her entire speech verbatim, as she made her way up the summit. this lasted for about an hour, before savari dissolved into a fit of giggles, pausing in her journey to topple over and laugh. it was simply too hilarious! receiving a message about a force for chaos! how does one even create a group to spread discord? harmony has no place amongst its members! "they expect such a thing to hold together! it&#039;s preposterous! i love it!"

savari began humming to herself, gleefully resuming her climb. the only thing that interrupted her... "music"... was the occasional spasm of laughter that she couldn&#039;t force down. what a glorious day it is!

((pinging @gucumatz your turn!))
((um... @the13inquisitor i think i was supposed to go first?? but that&#039;s fine, do you wanna post before me next time our turn rolls around or should i take my spot in the ping order and you post after me? lemme know in the chat thread, okay? thanks! <3))

it hadn&#039;t been more than a fortnight since savari received word of the "uprising" when she managed to find herself upon the mountain that served as its headquarters. of course, the mirror moved quickly, but due to her breed&#039;s limited capacity for flight, even magically-aided travel over such excessively rough terrain was a challenge. still, savari&#039;s energy reserves were large enough that she was only mildly drained by the time she spied the summit&#039;s base.

of course, the climb itself was going to be irritatingly grueling.

savari pouted (an incredibly bizarre face for a dragon, but one she nevertheless made), huffing a short, sharp breath and glaring at the peak. "disgusting! they expect, believe, i should climb all the way to the top of the mountain? just to hear their plots, their schemes? absurd! outrageous! stupid! of all the things, this is what they have me do, is it? hmpf."

the mirror continued to complain along those same lines, occasionally repeating her entire speech verbatim, as she made her way up the summit. this lasted for about an hour, before savari dissolved into a fit of giggles, pausing in her journey to topple over and laugh. it was simply too hilarious! receiving a message about a force for chaos! how does one even create a group to spread discord? harmony has no place amongst its members! "they expect such a thing to hold together! it&#039;s preposterous! i love it!"

savari began humming to herself, gleefully resuming her climb. the only thing that interrupted her... "music"... was the occasional spasm of laughter that she couldn&#039;t force down. what a glorious day it is!

((pinging @gucumatz your turn!))
J1Hn7rK.png
With a leathery flap of his wings, Illuyanka landed on the snowy ground momentarily to rest. He&#039;d been traveling for quite a long time, following the vision Gucumatz had given him. While he did not care much for the deities of the flights, his clan&#039;s spirit seemed to believe that this would have some impact on the clan.

He held his pearl in his paws and gazed into it for a minute or two, seeking any other information he might be given. Unfortunately, he found none. All he knew was there was a mountain, a chill, and raucous laughter; and, hopefully, money to be made. He gave a moment of thought to his dark colours&#039; contrast in his current position and made to move under a tree. Even if the tree didn&#039;t cover him, he hoped he would be mistaken for a shadow.

((@Winterling for the next post, sorry it&#039;s so late.))
With a leathery flap of his wings, Illuyanka landed on the snowy ground momentarily to rest. He&#039;d been traveling for quite a long time, following the vision Gucumatz had given him. While he did not care much for the deities of the flights, his clan&#039;s spirit seemed to believe that this would have some impact on the clan.

He held his pearl in his paws and gazed into it for a minute or two, seeking any other information he might be given. Unfortunately, he found none. All he knew was there was a mountain, a chill, and raucous laughter; and, hopefully, money to be made. He gave a moment of thought to his dark colours&#039; contrast in his current position and made to move under a tree. Even if the tree didn&#039;t cover him, he hoped he would be mistaken for a shadow.

((@Winterling for the next post, sorry it&#039;s so late.))
iZL3f1a.png
Annian flapped a few times to gain height as she turned for home. She was out on patrol, keeping the home turf safe and all that. Meanwhile her mate, Ozzie, had been sent out on some top-secret mission of the Icewarden&#039;s, all hush hush of course. She grumbled discontentedly to herself, unhappy both at her separation and the missed chance at glory.

She wasn&#039;t really paying attention, but the fae caught her eye. The little dragon flitted out from one of the craggy mountaintops, heading towards the Icefloes with what looked like extreme urgency. Annian frowned to herself. Normally such a flight, even a hurried one, wouldn&#039;t have meant anything. But she shrugged and speeded up to follow. She was headed that way anyway, and the fae could surely use a break on her flight. Maybe Annian could help.

((@mumble, on to you))
Annian flapped a few times to gain height as she turned for home. She was out on patrol, keeping the home turf safe and all that. Meanwhile her mate, Ozzie, had been sent out on some top-secret mission of the Icewarden&#039;s, all hush hush of course. She grumbled discontentedly to herself, unhappy both at her separation and the missed chance at glory.

She wasn&#039;t really paying attention, but the fae caught her eye. The little dragon flitted out from one of the craggy mountaintops, heading towards the Icefloes with what looked like extreme urgency. Annian frowned to herself. Normally such a flight, even a hurried one, wouldn&#039;t have meant anything. But she shrugged and speeded up to follow. She was headed that way anyway, and the fae could surely use a break on her flight. Maybe Annian could help.

((@mumble, on to you))
tXKbExw.png
((@iugulum you&#039;re up!))

isaiah was not the happiest of campers skygoers today, and not just because he hated flying. taking home bad news was what he liked least about this scouting gig, and if the past week wasn&#039;t bad news, he had no freaking idea what was.

he circled the mountain a few times, partly just to ensure the coast was clear but mostly to contemplate the odds of his boss wind-ecapitating him. the pirate massacre at thousand currents had, for the first time, given him a little appreciation for his job&#039;s relative safety. the fighters waltzed with death every second; he, as an outrider, only risked it upon message delivery.

was that a fly buzzing out from the mountain over there, though? wow, if they were developing a pest problem — ...wait, no, it was a fae. and... not just a fae. he doubted the guardian on her tail was good news. then again, better not to follow them; the scout could probably handle it herself. probably a little more worrisome was the horribly off-key humming emanating from halfway up the mountain. he squinted in its general direction. this mirror needed serious taking care of. he could handle bad music, but his superiors wouldn&#039;t be so lenient.

best get the message over with first, though.

he gained some altitude, easily finding his way to the peak. he found the big, black guardian there as usual, and in seemingly no better a mood than her decidedly frosty default. given the severity of his message and the dragoness&#039;s disposition, he made the wise decision not to land, instead flying in close and flapping a couple circles. "eleven of ours dead at thousand currents," he called down, keeping his voice measured. "two a&#039;theirs. but &#039;ey, i visited a researcher and the results&#039;re fantastic! boss, boss, listen&#039;a this! a little infidel is hatched almost every other day!" here, the wildclaw hiked himself up a few lengths, just in case she tried to wind-breath him. "also! found... three recruits, forked &#039;em over to somebody else. saw a mirror down the mountain, will check out immediately. oh, and, uh, whichever fae y&#039;jes&#039; sent out, she&#039;s bein&#039; followed. hail kinslayer &#039;n have a nice day." except he wasn&#039;t sure she&#039;d actually hear all of that last part, because he was already getting the heck outta dodge.

given a few fly-arounds, he rediscovered the source of the humming quickly enough. this time, the mirror wasn&#039;t so much humming as musing to herself with occasional bursts of humming.

"disgusting!... all the way... what they have..."

okay, he&#039;d heard enough.

isaiah landed a little ways behind her — not quite gracefully, not quite majestically, but it happened — and gave a low, irritated growl, not because his face had literally planted into the ground and one of his kill-claws was poised to gouge out his eye, but simply to announce his presence. "hey!" with some effort, he picked himself up and folded his wings, lifting his chin so as to display that he was clearly not a clumsy or unrespectable individual. "state&#039;cher business."
((@iugulum you&#039;re up!))

isaiah was not the happiest of campers skygoers today, and not just because he hated flying. taking home bad news was what he liked least about this scouting gig, and if the past week wasn&#039;t bad news, he had no freaking idea what was.

he circled the mountain a few times, partly just to ensure the coast was clear but mostly to contemplate the odds of his boss wind-ecapitating him. the pirate massacre at thousand currents had, for the first time, given him a little appreciation for his job&#039;s relative safety. the fighters waltzed with death every second; he, as an outrider, only risked it upon message delivery.

was that a fly buzzing out from the mountain over there, though? wow, if they were developing a pest problem — ...wait, no, it was a fae. and... not just a fae. he doubted the guardian on her tail was good news. then again, better not to follow them; the scout could probably handle it herself. probably a little more worrisome was the horribly off-key humming emanating from halfway up the mountain. he squinted in its general direction. this mirror needed serious taking care of. he could handle bad music, but his superiors wouldn&#039;t be so lenient.

best get the message over with first, though.

he gained some altitude, easily finding his way to the peak. he found the big, black guardian there as usual, and in seemingly no better a mood than her decidedly frosty default. given the severity of his message and the dragoness&#039;s disposition, he made the wise decision not to land, instead flying in close and flapping a couple circles. "eleven of ours dead at thousand currents," he called down, keeping his voice measured. "two a&#039;theirs. but &#039;ey, i visited a researcher and the results&#039;re fantastic! boss, boss, listen&#039;a this! a little infidel is hatched almost every other day!" here, the wildclaw hiked himself up a few lengths, just in case she tried to wind-breath him. "also! found... three recruits, forked &#039;em over to somebody else. saw a mirror down the mountain, will check out immediately. oh, and, uh, whichever fae y&#039;jes&#039; sent out, she&#039;s bein&#039; followed. hail kinslayer &#039;n have a nice day." except he wasn&#039;t sure she&#039;d actually hear all of that last part, because he was already getting the heck outta dodge.

given a few fly-arounds, he rediscovered the source of the humming quickly enough. this time, the mirror wasn&#039;t so much humming as musing to herself with occasional bursts of humming.

"disgusting!... all the way... what they have..."

okay, he&#039;d heard enough.

isaiah landed a little ways behind her — not quite gracefully, not quite majestically, but it happened — and gave a low, irritated growl, not because his face had literally planted into the ground and one of his kill-claws was poised to gouge out his eye, but simply to announce his presence. "hey!" with some effort, he picked himself up and folded his wings, lifting his chin so as to display that he was clearly not a clumsy or unrespectable individual. "state&#039;cher business."
Konstantine was livid, in fact, his anger was the only thing that was keeping him going. He had been flying around for weeks, avoiding attacks and ambushes from flight patrols, and random flightless dragons, searching for the headquarters of the Infidels. He had left his clan, left the Wasteland he had called home, only to find that the mountain he had to go up was in the icy southern continent. He stopped for a moment at the foot of the mountain, and took a quick look around. There was no immediate danger around him, but there seemed to be some commotion further up the mountain. Might be a good idea to avoid it, but at the same time, he couldn&#039;t help his curiosity. There was a large dark fleck in the sky, which he knew better than to go near, but just above him, a wildclaw had just crash landed into the side of the mountain. He pulled himself up, he couldn&#039;t stand flying anymore, his sore wings were folded tight against his body, giving him some camouflage against the icy cliffs. After a few minutes of climbing, he pulled himself up behind the wildclaw, only to find him staring up another mirror. Damn it. She had seen him, there was no point in trying to run. He just hoped these dragons were on his side.

(i feel like this is kinda *****... Sorry. @Callide your turn!!! )
Konstantine was livid, in fact, his anger was the only thing that was keeping him going. He had been flying around for weeks, avoiding attacks and ambushes from flight patrols, and random flightless dragons, searching for the headquarters of the Infidels. He had left his clan, left the Wasteland he had called home, only to find that the mountain he had to go up was in the icy southern continent. He stopped for a moment at the foot of the mountain, and took a quick look around. There was no immediate danger around him, but there seemed to be some commotion further up the mountain. Might be a good idea to avoid it, but at the same time, he couldn&#039;t help his curiosity. There was a large dark fleck in the sky, which he knew better than to go near, but just above him, a wildclaw had just crash landed into the side of the mountain. He pulled himself up, he couldn&#039;t stand flying anymore, his sore wings were folded tight against his body, giving him some camouflage against the icy cliffs. After a few minutes of climbing, he pulled himself up behind the wildclaw, only to find him staring up another mirror. Damn it. She had seen him, there was no point in trying to run. He just hoped these dragons were on his side.

(i feel like this is kinda *****... Sorry. @Callide your turn!!! )
Free Nest Rentals!
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.gif
made by wakor
Free Nest Rentals!
Expers would be visible in the sky from a much greater distance than his sister. Dextera preferred to travel on foot, even more than the average Mirror dragon did. Perhaps growing up attached at the hip to a flying fanatic had worn out the appeal of the activity.

Nonetheless, the sibling pair somehow managed to keep almost perfect pace with each other, making rapid time across the landscape. Expers spotted their target first, and swooped down into a low glide, calling the news to Dextera. She nodded and adjusted her course slightly, Expers flapping furiously to regain altitude.

Several minutes later, he swooped down to land next to Azrael, at the same time that his sister came scrambling over a low rise. The Mirror siblings sat up and looked at the Imperial male. Expers spoke first.

"&#039;Scuse me, sir, are you Azrael? They told us at your lair that you&#039;d be headed this way."

@Wildwood
Expers would be visible in the sky from a much greater distance than his sister. Dextera preferred to travel on foot, even more than the average Mirror dragon did. Perhaps growing up attached at the hip to a flying fanatic had worn out the appeal of the activity.

Nonetheless, the sibling pair somehow managed to keep almost perfect pace with each other, making rapid time across the landscape. Expers spotted their target first, and swooped down into a low glide, calling the news to Dextera. She nodded and adjusted her course slightly, Expers flapping furiously to regain altitude.

Several minutes later, he swooped down to land next to Azrael, at the same time that his sister came scrambling over a low rise. The Mirror siblings sat up and looked at the Imperial male. Expers spoke first.

"&#039;Scuse me, sir, are you Azrael? They told us at your lair that you&#039;d be headed this way."

@Wildwood
t9lWbAR.png
By Raquel
((@Scandinavia))

Vega was deep beneath a low overhang, studying the mountain. There were already many newcomers from what she could see. Two seemed to having a disagreement, the Widclaw putting on a forceful display. She saw one dragon leave the peak, which was some small comfort, but she still didn&#039;t know how many more were up there. She was getting ready to sneak around the other side of the mountain, when an other dragon landed near the existing commotion. That many pairs of eyes would be hard to sneak by, and now two more dragons were landing at the peak. Far too many people for her liking, and it looked like taking a look around was now out of the question. The best time to commit was now.

She calculated for a moment before stepping out onto the snowy, rocky ground. She stood out, but there was no avoiding that. She was going to walk in with her head held high, or die trying. Ignoring the ache in here body from far too many hours of flight for her liking, the mirror started a steady pace towards the peak, which also meant a steady pace towards whatever confrontation was arising. She could only hope it was a friendly misunderstanding.
((@Scandinavia))

Vega was deep beneath a low overhang, studying the mountain. There were already many newcomers from what she could see. Two seemed to having a disagreement, the Widclaw putting on a forceful display. She saw one dragon leave the peak, which was some small comfort, but she still didn&#039;t know how many more were up there. She was getting ready to sneak around the other side of the mountain, when an other dragon landed near the existing commotion. That many pairs of eyes would be hard to sneak by, and now two more dragons were landing at the peak. Far too many people for her liking, and it looked like taking a look around was now out of the question. The best time to commit was now.

She calculated for a moment before stepping out onto the snowy, rocky ground. She stood out, but there was no avoiding that. She was going to walk in with her head held high, or die trying. Ignoring the ache in here body from far too many hours of flight for her liking, the mirror started a steady pace towards the peak, which also meant a steady pace towards whatever confrontation was arising. She could only hope it was a friendly misunderstanding.
sIaDdlY.png
SSZOI.gif
Taiga prowled through the Tangled Woods, her wings tightly folded at her sides to avoid the pricker bushes and bryers strewn throughout the paths. Stopping and surveying the terrain, she listened for a sound that would give away her next challenge. Her head turned sharply to the right as a loud bray errupted from the near distance. Her curiosity propelled her forward, wondering what kind of strange creature could have caused such a sound.

Approaching a bubbling tar pit, she laughed to herself darkly, seeing the Bluefin Charger struggling against the tendrils of black gunk wrapped around its legs. "What are you doing here, little one? So far away from home? Shouldn&#039;t you be with the Tidelord and his minions?" She reached her front claws out, casually raking at the aquatic equine&#039;s flank, causing it to panic and struggle harder, snorting as loudly as she had ever heard monsters in the Coliseum do. Her jaws latched around the frightened animal&#039;s neck, putting it out of its misery. Needless killing outside the coliseum was directly against her adopted clan&#039;s rules, but those laws&#039; hold on her was fading. She never felt close to the God that gave her her brilliant blue eyes, nor the Goddess who gave her a second chance in life,mgiving her the skills to steal small trinkets from her courir career. She was starting to feel like the only thing she could do was find a way out of the Gods&#039; tyranny. Knowing others felt the same, but not knowing anything else about this group of defiant dragons was heartbreakingly tempting to her.

((Guessing @absoluteblue , you&#039;re next?))
Taiga prowled through the Tangled Woods, her wings tightly folded at her sides to avoid the pricker bushes and bryers strewn throughout the paths. Stopping and surveying the terrain, she listened for a sound that would give away her next challenge. Her head turned sharply to the right as a loud bray errupted from the near distance. Her curiosity propelled her forward, wondering what kind of strange creature could have caused such a sound.

Approaching a bubbling tar pit, she laughed to herself darkly, seeing the Bluefin Charger struggling against the tendrils of black gunk wrapped around its legs. "What are you doing here, little one? So far away from home? Shouldn&#039;t you be with the Tidelord and his minions?" She reached her front claws out, casually raking at the aquatic equine&#039;s flank, causing it to panic and struggle harder, snorting as loudly as she had ever heard monsters in the Coliseum do. Her jaws latched around the frightened animal&#039;s neck, putting it out of its misery. Needless killing outside the coliseum was directly against her adopted clan&#039;s rules, but those laws&#039; hold on her was fading. She never felt close to the God that gave her her brilliant blue eyes, nor the Goddess who gave her a second chance in life,mgiving her the skills to steal small trinkets from her courir career. She was starting to feel like the only thing she could do was find a way out of the Gods&#039; tyranny. Knowing others felt the same, but not knowing anything else about this group of defiant dragons was heartbreakingly tempting to her.

((Guessing @absoluteblue , you&#039;re next?))
Formerly known as "Scandinavia"
112aps6.jpg
1 2