Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Umbral Tavern [Open RP]
1 2 3 4
Seeing as a new guest has walked up to the counter, Jett turns his attention towards her. "We appreciate the compliment. Now, what can I get for you?" The veilspun asks, lavender eyes looking over the golden obelisk. The scent of her is very noticeable to him, seeing as it was a new scent compared to the usual alcohol and dark oak.

[ @CloudyTheGoober ]

"You can call me Ashtar, I'm the head bartender around here." The nocturne introduces. She can see the way they were trying to word things. But, she was not one to comment on such things. After all, it would be rude and even insensitive to say something about it. She wasn't going to risk upsetting clientele.

"Want to share your names, or would you prefer to keep your identity anonymous?" She asks, though doesn't push for names. She's had plenty of customers prefer to not share.

[ finalhunt ]
Seeing as a new guest has walked up to the counter, Jett turns his attention towards her. "We appreciate the compliment. Now, what can I get for you?" The veilspun asks, lavender eyes looking over the golden obelisk. The scent of her is very noticeable to him, seeing as it was a new scent compared to the usual alcohol and dark oak.

[ @CloudyTheGoober ]

"You can call me Ashtar, I'm the head bartender around here." The nocturne introduces. She can see the way they were trying to word things. But, she was not one to comment on such things. After all, it would be rude and even insensitive to say something about it. She wasn't going to risk upsetting clientele.

"Want to share your names, or would you prefer to keep your identity anonymous?" She asks, though doesn't push for names. She's had plenty of customers prefer to not share.

[ finalhunt ]
The wildclaw made a halfhearted attempt at a pleasant smile, but she seemed to have trouble showing some kind of positive emotion, because her face then immediately knitted itself into a half-scowl, half-suspicious look.

"They call me many things. You can call me Shi." Then, she gave the bogsneak something that resembled a harsh glare. "Only interested at the sight of another warrior," she murmured, gesturing to her eyepatch. "You bear marks of battle." Shi continued having what appeared to be a conversation with herself under her breath, tapping her claws against one hand, like an elder scolding a youngling.

"Have you happened to see a ridgeback around these parts? Orange, also missing an eye, stinking of smoke and idiocy?" Shi slowly asked Olexa, gently tapping a clawed foot against the weathered floorboards.
The wildclaw made a halfhearted attempt at a pleasant smile, but she seemed to have trouble showing some kind of positive emotion, because her face then immediately knitted itself into a half-scowl, half-suspicious look.

"They call me many things. You can call me Shi." Then, she gave the bogsneak something that resembled a harsh glare. "Only interested at the sight of another warrior," she murmured, gesturing to her eyepatch. "You bear marks of battle." Shi continued having what appeared to be a conversation with herself under her breath, tapping her claws against one hand, like an elder scolding a youngling.

"Have you happened to see a ridgeback around these parts? Orange, also missing an eye, stinking of smoke and idiocy?" Shi slowly asked Olexa, gently tapping a clawed foot against the weathered floorboards.
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
the obelisk smiles, looking over the menu with pleasure, tapping her fingers. she's very pleasant, and seems to be intrigued.

"I'm Ceinfryn! An alchemist from a village far south." she chuckles, "I'll just have.. a pastry, whatever you can make. I don't really drink alcohol."

you turn to the wildclaw, smiling, "That's a very pretty name!" You compliment. It was like you were full of them.
the obelisk smiles, looking over the menu with pleasure, tapping her fingers. she's very pleasant, and seems to be intrigued.

"I'm Ceinfryn! An alchemist from a village far south." she chuckles, "I'll just have.. a pastry, whatever you can make. I don't really drink alcohol."

you turn to the wildclaw, smiling, "That's a very pretty name!" You compliment. It was like you were full of them.
dirt cheap art commisions here! | pangender, all pronouns wishlist | lesbian :]
The Banescale hesitates, a thousand thoughts running through their head. Mostly worried, anxious little things gnawing like mites. But they simply widen their smile until it aches and reply, “Head bartender is a wonderful position to have. As for my name? It’s Elspeth. I think.” They glance towards the Wildclaw, who briefly meets their eyes with his own of neon blue before shaking his head, and then allow their smile to drop.

The bartender’s name rings a bell in their mind. Sweet, yet at the same time sharp and somewhat unsettling. Painfully familiar, written in ink somewhere in the books of their memory. “Cinnamon,”the Banescale mutters under their breath before shaking the thought off. “If you serve any fish- or just seafood in general- I’d love to get some, as well as a pastry if possible. My companion won’t be eating today.”
The Banescale hesitates, a thousand thoughts running through their head. Mostly worried, anxious little things gnawing like mites. But they simply widen their smile until it aches and reply, “Head bartender is a wonderful position to have. As for my name? It’s Elspeth. I think.” They glance towards the Wildclaw, who briefly meets their eyes with his own of neon blue before shaking his head, and then allow their smile to drop.

The bartender’s name rings a bell in their mind. Sweet, yet at the same time sharp and somewhat unsettling. Painfully familiar, written in ink somewhere in the books of their memory. “Cinnamon,”the Banescale mutters under their breath before shaking the thought off. “If you serve any fish- or just seafood in general- I’d love to get some, as well as a pastry if possible. My companion won’t be eating today.”
item_pulsating_pendant_by_dogi_crimson-dab14jb.gif hello, I’m FINALHUNT
NeRpUiA.pngNQ1Ze0S.png
rUoKR6y.png
"I don't mean any harm, honest!" He laughs, nodding in admiration of her eyepatch. "I raise my glass to you, one warrior to another."

He lifts his glass and takes another drink. The bogsneak turns his attention to the other wildclaw and banescale.

"I've never met a banescale in person, only heard about them. What brings you here?" [ @finalhunt ]
"I don't mean any harm, honest!" He laughs, nodding in admiration of her eyepatch. "I raise my glass to you, one warrior to another."

He lifts his glass and takes another drink. The bogsneak turns his attention to the other wildclaw and banescale.

"I've never met a banescale in person, only heard about them. What brings you here?" [ @finalhunt ]
28263.png 28264.png
(Typing from my phone at work, apologies for mistakes. It is very hard.)

The aberration pauses at the question, both heads looking to one another in silent communication. Clearly both are trying to remember such a figure coming in. Soon enough, the left head does speak up.

"Depends on why you are looking, Shi." It answers, earning a nod from the right head.

[ Griffinaregold]

Jett nods to the obelisk, thinking it over. "I do believe we have some pastries in stock in the back, if my sister hasn't eaten them all. We also have non-alcoholic drinks too, like lemonade." He comments, black talons tapping against the wood counters. He then glances at the door leading to the back before hurriedly scurrying back there to check.

[ @CloudyTheGoober ]

The Nocturne glances at Elspeth, curious at the mention of cinnamon. It was odd to hear, but they held back the curiosity to ask. It was clearly not something fully meant for her to hear.

"Fish, we can definitely do. I recommend the roasted fish with peppers. I think its pretty good."

[ finalhunt]
(Typing from my phone at work, apologies for mistakes. It is very hard.)

The aberration pauses at the question, both heads looking to one another in silent communication. Clearly both are trying to remember such a figure coming in. Soon enough, the left head does speak up.

"Depends on why you are looking, Shi." It answers, earning a nod from the right head.

[ Griffinaregold]

Jett nods to the obelisk, thinking it over. "I do believe we have some pastries in stock in the back, if my sister hasn't eaten them all. We also have non-alcoholic drinks too, like lemonade." He comments, black talons tapping against the wood counters. He then glances at the door leading to the back before hurriedly scurrying back there to check.

[ @CloudyTheGoober ]

The Nocturne glances at Elspeth, curious at the mention of cinnamon. It was odd to hear, but they held back the curiosity to ask. It was clearly not something fully meant for her to hear.

"Fish, we can definitely do. I recommend the roasted fish with peppers. I think its pretty good."

[ finalhunt]
Elspeth nods quickly at the bartender’s suggestion. “Roasted fish with peppers it is.” They pause, then hurriedly add, “Thank you.” Upon hearing the voice of another from the bar, they look towards it. Ah, it’s probably the Bogsneak who came in earlier. Banescale…? Oh, right. That’s them now, isn’t it? They give their wings a shake, trying to see where he is, before meeting his eyes somewhat awkwardly.

Sensing their partner’s unease, the Wildclaw speaks up. His voice is carefully measured, ever so slightly mechanical. His claws are hidden beneath the table. “We’re just here to wait out the weather. Maybe have some food while we’re at it.” Elspeth nods swiftly in agreement, adding, “It’s nice to meet you. What are you here for?”

[ UmbralTears, ZombieZeke || let me know if you’d like me to ping! ]
Elspeth nods quickly at the bartender’s suggestion. “Roasted fish with peppers it is.” They pause, then hurriedly add, “Thank you.” Upon hearing the voice of another from the bar, they look towards it. Ah, it’s probably the Bogsneak who came in earlier. Banescale…? Oh, right. That’s them now, isn’t it? They give their wings a shake, trying to see where he is, before meeting his eyes somewhat awkwardly.

Sensing their partner’s unease, the Wildclaw speaks up. His voice is carefully measured, ever so slightly mechanical. His claws are hidden beneath the table. “We’re just here to wait out the weather. Maybe have some food while we’re at it.” Elspeth nods swiftly in agreement, adding, “It’s nice to meet you. What are you here for?”

[ UmbralTears, ZombieZeke || let me know if you’d like me to ping! ]
item_pulsating_pendant_by_dogi_crimson-dab14jb.gif hello, I’m FINALHUNT
NeRpUiA.pngNQ1Ze0S.png
rUoKR6y.png
"I merely seek his whereabouts. He is a... relative of mine, as one might say. We don't resemble each other much for cousins, do we?" Shi murmured, peeling a bit of crusty red from one of her claws. She blinked slowly at the bogsneak, as if that meant something, before turning to stare at the obelisk. "In our language, Shi means fighter, killer, moon, and wolf. Those meanings came from me."
"I merely seek his whereabouts. He is a... relative of mine, as one might say. We don't resemble each other much for cousins, do we?" Shi murmured, peeling a bit of crusty red from one of her claws. She blinked slowly at the bogsneak, as if that meant something, before turning to stare at the obelisk. "In our language, Shi means fighter, killer, moon, and wolf. Those meanings came from me."
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
Now that the duo is distracted, the nocturne heads into the back of tavern, into a private area to go and go deal with the food that was ordered. After all, Ashtar wouldn't want to leave them waiting too long for food and drinks, it'd be unprofessional of her to allow.

[ finalhunt ]

The aberration nods their heads in understanding. The two heads silently communicate once more before the right head speaks up. "We may have seen something like him a while ago." They state, claws tapping against the wood. The two tails stopped shaking the drinks as the left head looks to Shi.

[ Griffinaregold ]
Now that the duo is distracted, the nocturne heads into the back of tavern, into a private area to go and go deal with the food that was ordered. After all, Ashtar wouldn't want to leave them waiting too long for food and drinks, it'd be unprofessional of her to allow.

[ finalhunt ]

The aberration nods their heads in understanding. The two heads silently communicate once more before the right head speaks up. "We may have seen something like him a while ago." They state, claws tapping against the wood. The two tails stopped shaking the drinks as the left head looks to Shi.

[ Griffinaregold ]
Shi stared past them for a moment, almost as if staring at the wall. She murmured a few things under her breath, then faced the aberration again. "Which way was he headed? To the territories of Lightning? Or the land of the Arcane? Or..." She bit her lip, as if the thought scared her. "Or south," the wildclaw's voice was almost a whisper. "To the Icefield, till the ice overcomes the most agile flyer, and the hardiest gaoler will freeze?"

(I mean, a different location is totally fine. Those are just the places Shi would expect to find her cousin.)
Shi stared past them for a moment, almost as if staring at the wall. She murmured a few things under her breath, then faced the aberration again. "Which way was he headed? To the territories of Lightning? Or the land of the Arcane? Or..." She bit her lip, as if the thought scared her. "Or south," the wildclaw's voice was almost a whisper. "To the Icefield, till the ice overcomes the most agile flyer, and the hardiest gaoler will freeze?"

(I mean, a different location is totally fine. Those are just the places Shi would expect to find her cousin.)
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
1 2 3 4