Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An Old Cabin (always open)
1 2 3 4
Day 0
18:00
Mid Spring

A terrifying illness has broken out in the city, causing the dead to rise and attack the living. Fearing for your life, you fled your home in search of safety, only to discover that the disease has already spread to all other nearby towns. With nowhere else to go, you flew to an old isolated cabin that you built with an old friend long ago. It is in this cabin that you currently reside.

Searching the pantries, you find enough food stored to feed yourself for ten days. You find water as well, but you are not sure it's safe to drink.

Searching the main room and bedrooms, you find an old woodcarving knife, some moth-eaten winter wear, and a blanket. You decide to keep the knife on your person while everything else gets put in a cabinet in the main room.

During your search you also find a hand-drawn map of the property. You have faint memories of sketching it yourself once upon a time.

The journey here was quite long, and the day is nearly over. You don't have much time before nightfall. You should spend your time wisely.

> fortify the cabin
> explore the land

Status wrote:
Hunger: Satisfied
Thirst: Satisfied
Rested: Good

Held Inventory:
Carving Knife

Inventory wrote:
Inventory:
>old coat
>old scarf
>blanket

Total Food Rations: 10
>non-perishable: 10

Total Water Rations: 10
>questionable quality: 10

If it wasn't clear, you are a dragon in a budding zombie apocalypse. The time period here is iffy, but the technology is comparable to 1980s to early 2000s tech. Magic still exists, but is far weaker than in current FR canon. This entire concept is inspired by a browser game called A Dark Room. It's very interesting, I suggest you check it out.
Reply below what you think your next action should be. If more than one person replies then majority will rule. In the event of a tie, a coin will be flipped.
If you want to do something that is not a listed option you may reply with that, but it must still outvote the other options.
If you want to change your vote please make a new post and specify as much or it may be missed.
Votes will be counted before each new post. Each post will be made no earlier than 5 hours after each previous post to give time to voters. Post times may not be regular.
Feel free to discuss choices as well as possible future scenarios below with myself and other participants.

Day 0
18:00
Mid Spring

A terrifying illness has broken out in the city, causing the dead to rise and attack the living. Fearing for your life, you fled your home in search of safety, only to discover that the disease has already spread to all other nearby towns. With nowhere else to go, you flew to an old isolated cabin that you built with an old friend long ago. It is in this cabin that you currently reside.

Searching the pantries, you find enough food stored to feed yourself for ten days. You find water as well, but you are not sure it's safe to drink.

Searching the main room and bedrooms, you find an old woodcarving knife, some moth-eaten winter wear, and a blanket. You decide to keep the knife on your person while everything else gets put in a cabinet in the main room.

During your search you also find a hand-drawn map of the property. You have faint memories of sketching it yourself once upon a time.

The journey here was quite long, and the day is nearly over. You don't have much time before nightfall. You should spend your time wisely.

> fortify the cabin
> explore the land

Status wrote:

Held Inventory:
Carving Knife

Inventory wrote:
Inventory:
>old coat
>old scarf
>blanket

If it wasn't clear, you are a dragon in a budding zombie apocalypse. The time period here is iffy, but the technology is comparable to 1980s to early 2000s tech. Magic still exists, but is far weaker than in current FR canon. This entire concept is inspired by a browser game called A Dark Room. It's very interesting, I suggest you check it out.
Reply below what you think your next action should be. If more than one person replies then majority will rule. In the event of a tie, a coin will be flipped.
If you want to do something that is not a listed option you may reply with that, but it must still outvote the other options.
If you want to change your vote please make a new post and specify as much or it may be missed.
Votes will be counted before each new post. Each post will be made no earlier than 5 hours after each previous post to give time to voters. Post times may not be regular.
Feel free to discuss choices as well as possible future scenarios below with myself and other participants.

FR +2
voting for explore the land!

I wanna see more of this property that we've built with our friend, see if we can find anything cool. I'm sure not reinforcing the cabin won't come with any consequences. :>
voting for explore the land!

I wanna see more of this property that we've built with our friend, see if we can find anything cool. I'm sure not reinforcing the cabin won't come with any consequences. :>
I too vote for exploring the land, we should know what we're dealing with here.
I too vote for exploring the land, we should know what we're dealing with here.
8d7o509.png
Votin' for explore the land, I mean. What's the worst that could happen to the cabin, a few coyotes?
Votin' for explore the land, I mean. What's the worst that could happen to the cabin, a few coyotes?
A5jrfi7.gif
> fortify the cabin (0 votes)

> explore the land (3 votes)

Response pending. Please stand by.
> fortify the cabin (0 votes)

> explore the land (3 votes)

FR +2
@biao @W1sp @GrimmAndReaper
(You will only be pinged for events directly after you vote unless otherwise requested)

Day 0
18:15
Mid Spring
-Map-

Stepping out front, you secure the door behind you and take in your surroundings.

The air is cool with a slight chilling breeze, nothing you can't handle as you are. Though you do worry the night will be cold. The sky is clear, however, so you doubt there will be rain.

In front of you is what appears to be an old stone path, so worn down you hardly notice it's there. A ways down and to the left of the path something catches your eye. You're not sure what it is from this distance but the way it reflects the sun's light suggests something metallic. Checking your map, it appears to be marked as the “old project”.

While you have it out, you take a look at the other locations written on your map. It seems there is a shed located north of the cabin. Perhaps there could be tools or other useful things in there?

There is also a garden further north from the shed, though you doubt it's in any shape for sowing crops. You expect to be out here for quite some time, though, so perhaps a reliable source of food would be a good idea.

You could also explore the hunting ground or the wetland, but you're not sure what you'd find there.

> check out old project
> check out shed
> check out garden
> explore hunting grounds/wetland

Status wrote:

Held Inventory:
Carving Knife

Inventory wrote:
Inventory:
>old coat
>old scarf
>blanket

@biao @W1sp @GrimmAndReaper
(You will only be pinged for events directly after you vote unless otherwise requested)

Day 0
18:15
Mid Spring
-Map-

Stepping out front, you secure the door behind you and take in your surroundings.

The air is cool with a slight chilling breeze, nothing you can't handle as you are. Though you do worry the night will be cold. The sky is clear, however, so you doubt there will be rain.

In front of you is what appears to be an old stone path, so worn down you hardly notice it's there. A ways down and to the left of the path something catches your eye. You're not sure what it is from this distance but the way it reflects the sun's light suggests something metallic. Checking your map, it appears to be marked as the “old project”.

While you have it out, you take a look at the other locations written on your map. It seems there is a shed located north of the cabin. Perhaps there could be tools or other useful things in there?

There is also a garden further north from the shed, though you doubt it's in any shape for sowing crops. You expect to be out here for quite some time, though, so perhaps a reliable source of food would be a good idea.

You could also explore the hunting ground or the wetland, but you're not sure what you'd find there.

> check out old project
> check out shed
> check out garden
> explore hunting grounds/wetland

Status wrote:

Held Inventory:
Carving Knife

Inventory wrote:
Inventory:
>old coat
>old scarf
>blanket

FR +2
Ooh, I'd love to check out the old project!

Finding out more about our history with the cabin sounds like fun, though the other options are sounding great too. I'm looking forward to finding out more about us and our friend and this cabin we built.
Ooh, I'd love to check out the old project!

Finding out more about our history with the cabin sounds like fun, though the other options are sounding great too. I'm looking forward to finding out more about us and our friend and this cabin we built.
> check out garden
Might aswell see if we have any food that we won't need to catch :D
> check out garden
Might aswell see if we have any food that we won't need to catch :D
A5jrfi7.gif
The garden or the shed is certainly the more sensible option, but I can't ignore the old project. What kind of metal contraption would be all the way out here?
The garden or the shed is certainly the more sensible option, but I can't ignore the old project. What kind of metal contraption would be all the way out here?
8d7o509.png
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww > check out old project (2 votes)

> check out shed (0 votes)

> check out garden (1 vote)

> explore hunting grounds/wetland (0 votes)

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww > check out old project (2 votes)

> check out shed (0 votes)

> check out garden (1 vote)

> explore hunting grounds/wetland (0 votes)

FR +2
1 2 3 4