Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Seething Embers {private}
1 2
Finlo jumped down from the ledge, loose dirt and rocks following in his wake. The shadows in the ravine were deepening and the air was acquiring a noticeable chill as evening was approaching. Finlo wasn't sure what he was going to run into here once it got dark. "I could use the muscle and I suppose we can split the reward." He would have to pay her out of his own pocket most likely, as there was no guarantee that the clan he was supposed to take the thief to would pay him.

The warmth that crept from his body helped to push back against the cooling air. Maybe they would find out if the stories of this place were true and if that was the case, having the guardian around would be beneficial. He didn't fancy fighting the undead by himself.

Finlo flicked his tail in the direction he'd been going. "I know where the thief is." He turned and was about to start off in that same direction when he paused to glance over his shoulder. "I'm Finlo."
Finlo jumped down from the ledge, loose dirt and rocks following in his wake. The shadows in the ravine were deepening and the air was acquiring a noticeable chill as evening was approaching. Finlo wasn't sure what he was going to run into here once it got dark. "I could use the muscle and I suppose we can split the reward." He would have to pay her out of his own pocket most likely, as there was no guarantee that the clan he was supposed to take the thief to would pay him.

The warmth that crept from his body helped to push back against the cooling air. Maybe they would find out if the stories of this place were true and if that was the case, having the guardian around would be beneficial. He didn't fancy fighting the undead by himself.

Finlo flicked his tail in the direction he'd been going. "I know where the thief is." He turned and was about to start off in that same direction when he paused to glance over his shoulder. "I'm Finlo."
91586610.png
[center][font= times new roman][emoji=apparel helm size=1] [b][i]Aeowyn[/i][/b] Roving Mercenary The guardian followed in his path, tucking her wings and meandering at his shoulder. She supposed sharing a reward didnt sound awful, she could spare to split it. The skydancer balked, throwing a glance at her she presumed, continuing to walk as he stood. Finlo apparently stood to offer her his name, upon closer inspection he was covered in symbols of his homeland. Tattoo like brands, and ring of fire danced along his form as she eyed him critically. "Aeowyn, the pleasures mine." The dragoness rumbled and strode along, her gait wide and suspended, smooth and loose. Not much unlike a rocking horse. Big paws padding along with ease, claws gouging small crescents into the earth beneath her. Wandering along at a leisurely pace. "So, we travelling through the night, or settin' up camp?" [emoji=apparel helm size=1]

Aeowyn
Roving Mercenary

The guardian followed in his path, tucking her wings and meandering at his shoulder. She supposed sharing a reward didnt sound awful, she could spare to split it. The skydancer balked, throwing a glance at her she presumed, continuing to walk as he stood. Finlo apparently stood to offer her his name, upon closer inspection he was covered in symbols of his homeland. Tattoo like brands, and ring of fire danced along his form as she eyed him critically.

"Aeowyn, the pleasures mine."

The dragoness rumbled and strode along, her gait wide and suspended, smooth and loose. Not much unlike a rocking horse. Big paws padding along with ease, claws gouging small crescents into the earth beneath her. Wandering along at a leisurely pace.

"So, we travelling through the night, or settin' up camp?"

~he/him ~ ArtShop ~ +2 frt ~ Pasta ~ WL~

FNoWp0v.png
"Setting up camp. If there really are undead creatures here, we'll be able to better defend against them." Finlo had no idea if these guardians would attack them for simply being there. Maybe if they didn't touch any tombs they came across they could pass through unscathed.

The shadows were deepening as the sun sank towards the horizon. It's light had already left the pass they were following, the rocky cliffs on either side looming like sentinels. Finlo summoned several orbs of fire that floated alongside them, the flames helping to chase away the darkness.

The flickering light eventually revealed a shallow cave that was big enough for both of them to fit into. Finlo paused in the opening, sending the orbs in to light every nook and cranny. "It's empty, it'll do." He glanced up at Aeowyn, who was rather imposing this close. "I have plants to eat on me, but we can hunt for meat… If anything living can be found here." Finlo would eat anything. He'd lived too many lives to care about the preferences of his kind.
"Setting up camp. If there really are undead creatures here, we'll be able to better defend against them." Finlo had no idea if these guardians would attack them for simply being there. Maybe if they didn't touch any tombs they came across they could pass through unscathed.

The shadows were deepening as the sun sank towards the horizon. It's light had already left the pass they were following, the rocky cliffs on either side looming like sentinels. Finlo summoned several orbs of fire that floated alongside them, the flames helping to chase away the darkness.

The flickering light eventually revealed a shallow cave that was big enough for both of them to fit into. Finlo paused in the opening, sending the orbs in to light every nook and cranny. "It's empty, it'll do." He glanced up at Aeowyn, who was rather imposing this close. "I have plants to eat on me, but we can hunt for meat… If anything living can be found here." Finlo would eat anything. He'd lived too many lives to care about the preferences of his kind.
91586610.png
[center][font= times new roman][emoji=apparel helm size=1] [b][i]Aeowyn[/i][/b] Roving Mercenary Aeowyn scrunched her nose a bit, she'd rather honestly never worried over the living dead. Tough and uh, hmm, not the brightest? Maybe. Though it was never something that caused her pause or worry, for better or worse she supposed. The guardian shook her head out and swiftly followed after her companion. Tucking into the small caveface and settling down to rest. "Never have seen any guardians or undead or such, then again, not much of a grave robber, so I hardly warrant their attention." Her voice relaxed as she laid her body down to rest, getting ready to rest for the evening. Talons worked along gently to undo buttons and free her less comfortable constraints. Her hands loomed at her shoulder, fidling with loops of constricting fabric and supports, slipping very carefully into the compression sleeve she'd brought with her. Setting out a heavy tankard previously strapped to her hip and takingl a mouthful from it. The goal was to make it last, but it wouldn't kill to make the offer. Looked like he could use it. "You a fan of hard ale? Or is not quite your style? Its fine if not, but you're welcome to have a drink though if you like" [emoji=apparel helm size=1]

Aeowyn
Roving Mercenary

Aeowyn scrunched her nose a bit, she'd rather honestly never worried over the living dead. Tough and uh, hmm, not the brightest? Maybe. Though it was never something that caused her pause or worry, for better or worse she supposed. The guardian shook her head out and swiftly followed after her companion. Tucking into the small caveface and settling down to rest.

"Never have seen any guardians or undead or such, then again, not much of a grave robber, so I hardly warrant their attention."

Her voice relaxed as she laid her body down to rest, getting ready to rest for the evening. Talons worked along gently to undo buttons and free her less comfortable constraints. Her hands loomed at her shoulder, fidling with loops of constricting fabric and supports, slipping very carefully into the compression sleeve she'd brought with her. Setting out a heavy tankard previously strapped to her hip and takingl a mouthful from it. The goal was to make it last, but it wouldn't kill to make the offer. Looked like he could use it.

"You a fan of hard ale? Or is not quite your style? Its fine if not, but you're welcome to have a drink though if you like"

~he/him ~ ArtShop ~ +2 frt ~ Pasta ~ WL~

FNoWp0v.png
Finlo detached a pouch from his waist and untied it to reveal a bunch of leafy greens. "No thanks." He didn't carry much in the way of food on him, as plants were easy to come by no matter where he went. He still liked having a stash on him just in case though, or for moments like this one, when he didn't want to go out in the growing dark and poke around for something edible. He slid some Aeowyn's way before sticking one in his mouth to chew on.

"I can take first watch. Even if the protectors leave us alone, I don't want to get caught unprepared." He doubted there were many dragons that would come out here, but why take the chance?

The fire orbs he'd summoned still floated in the air, providing light. He wasn't worried about the light being spotted from a distance since they were in a ravine.
Finlo detached a pouch from his waist and untied it to reveal a bunch of leafy greens. "No thanks." He didn't carry much in the way of food on him, as plants were easy to come by no matter where he went. He still liked having a stash on him just in case though, or for moments like this one, when he didn't want to go out in the growing dark and poke around for something edible. He slid some Aeowyn's way before sticking one in his mouth to chew on.

"I can take first watch. Even if the protectors leave us alone, I don't want to get caught unprepared." He doubted there were many dragons that would come out here, but why take the chance?

The fire orbs he'd summoned still floated in the air, providing light. He wasn't worried about the light being spotted from a distance since they were in a ravine.
91586610.png
1 2