Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why me? 1x1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
"Not very much, at least- nothing that comes to mind as of this moment." Shirina didn't shy away from her lack of knowledge. She even saw it as a means of mocking when it was needed. Sure, the goal here was the foster better relations but the Warden wanted it known that she wasn't here by choice. This was an order by her Empress and that order had quite a few loopholes for her to work around.

Sullivan looked down at his boots to hide the amused smirk that had formed on his face at the realization. Shirina was going to turn this into a powerplay at this rate. He'd wait to see where it went before he stepped in to curb his sister's temper.
"Not very much, at least- nothing that comes to mind as of this moment." Shirina didn't shy away from her lack of knowledge. She even saw it as a means of mocking when it was needed. Sure, the goal here was the foster better relations but the Warden wanted it known that she wasn't here by choice. This was an order by her Empress and that order had quite a few loopholes for her to work around.

Sullivan looked down at his boots to hide the amused smirk that had formed on his face at the realization. Shirina was going to turn this into a powerplay at this rate. He'd wait to see where it went before he stepped in to curb his sister's temper.
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
Gordon looked at them. "Very well. I shall explain it later.. but seeing as you are guests perhaps rest and food are in order." He said requesting servants to arrive and prepare a meal for the two Wardens of the Empire.

Avina looked at her and then Sullivan. "Shall i take you to the dining hall?" She asked. She looked at Gordon who seemed to be thinking about something in total silence now. Had he been humbled so quickly?
Gordon looked at them. "Very well. I shall explain it later.. but seeing as you are guests perhaps rest and food are in order." He said requesting servants to arrive and prepare a meal for the two Wardens of the Empire.

Avina looked at her and then Sullivan. "Shall i take you to the dining hall?" She asked. She looked at Gordon who seemed to be thinking about something in total silence now. Had he been humbled so quickly?
"Sure," it was Sullivan who replied. The Spymaster resting his hand on his sister's forearm to tear her focus from the thought-ridden Prince. Shirina's brows had furrowed, was Gordon going to dismiss them just like that? Disappointing.

Shirina sighed softly to sooth the growing fire in her veins lest she switch from practiced lady to the war-built Warden Commander. Sullivan's continued speaking helping ground her, "I do have to ask. What of our lodgings? I assume everything has been... sorted out ahead of time."
"Sure," it was Sullivan who replied. The Spymaster resting his hand on his sister's forearm to tear her focus from the thought-ridden Prince. Shirina's brows had furrowed, was Gordon going to dismiss them just like that? Disappointing.

Shirina sighed softly to sooth the growing fire in her veins lest she switch from practiced lady to the war-built Warden Commander. Sullivan's continued speaking helping ground her, "I do have to ask. What of our lodgings? I assume everything has been... sorted out ahead of time."
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
Perhaps it was dismissal or perhaps hospitality? It was hard to say for certain though... "Your lodging has also been arranged yes. I do hope you like them. But i must go tend to something too." He said. He stood up from the throne and then left the room to go speak to someone a moment.

Avina looked at the duo nervously as they were talking to the prince like that. She was afraid he may snap at them and ruin the chance of alliance and they were not in any condition to fight against the Empire's army.
Perhaps it was dismissal or perhaps hospitality? It was hard to say for certain though... "Your lodging has also been arranged yes. I do hope you like them. But i must go tend to something too." He said. He stood up from the throne and then left the room to go speak to someone a moment.

Avina looked at the duo nervously as they were talking to the prince like that. She was afraid he may snap at them and ruin the chance of alliance and they were not in any condition to fight against the Empire's army.
"Good." Sullivan finished before directing his attention to Avina, "Lead the way, Miss." He withdrew his hand from Shirina and the Warden seemed to have been thoroughly calmed enough to avoid antagonizing their host. For now.

It seemed as though today would be a day of dancing around each other. Sullivan despised other nobles for this very reason. Why spend days and days fretting and plotting something that could've been prepared ahead of time? Surely a marriage alliance should always be taken into consideration when thinking of a peace treaty. It was the most common of resolutions after all.
"Good." Sullivan finished before directing his attention to Avina, "Lead the way, Miss." He withdrew his hand from Shirina and the Warden seemed to have been thoroughly calmed enough to avoid antagonizing their host. For now.

It seemed as though today would be a day of dancing around each other. Sullivan despised other nobles for this very reason. Why spend days and days fretting and plotting something that could've been prepared ahead of time? Surely a marriage alliance should always be taken into consideration when thinking of a peace treaty. It was the most common of resolutions after all.
2W5hn3g.png
Avina looked at them. She nods and immediately began to walk with them through the halls to the other dining hall. "Here we are." She said smiling at them, there was a sizable feast of food of their Kingdom and also with the Empire in effort to please the guests.

Mitchell looked at them. "Is something wrong here?" He asked Avina who quieted him and instructed him to stand by the door. But the milita soldier with rough looking armor seems to be confused by the anxiety present in the room.
Avina looked at them. She nods and immediately began to walk with them through the halls to the other dining hall. "Here we are." She said smiling at them, there was a sizable feast of food of their Kingdom and also with the Empire in effort to please the guests.

Mitchell looked at them. "Is something wrong here?" He asked Avina who quieted him and instructed him to stand by the door. But the milita soldier with rough looking armor seems to be confused by the anxiety present in the room.
"Thank you," Shirina said with a smile directed at Avina. She wasn't feeling too hungry after the trip over and the discomfort she felt in this place only increased her aversion to food. Still. She followed Sullivan to the table and sat down with him.

They spoke in more hushed tones now, keeping their conversations primarily between them as they ate their fill.
"Thank you," Shirina said with a smile directed at Avina. She wasn't feeling too hungry after the trip over and the discomfort she felt in this place only increased her aversion to food. Still. She followed Sullivan to the table and sat down with him.

They spoke in more hushed tones now, keeping their conversations primarily between them as they ate their fill.
2W5hn3g.png
Avina and Mitchell did not touch any of the food. At all... as if forbidden. Mitchell stood guard by the door like a living gargoyle and Avina was nervously watching and waiting for the two royals to finish their meal.

When the royals were ready, Avina would continue the tour... but for now neither seemed to know what to do...
Avina and Mitchell did not touch any of the food. At all... as if forbidden. Mitchell stood guard by the door like a living gargoyle and Avina was nervously watching and waiting for the two royals to finish their meal.

When the royals were ready, Avina would continue the tour... but for now neither seemed to know what to do...
It didn't take long for the pair to get their fill, both used to limited diets due to service in the army. When they returned to Avina both seemed calmer now at least. Shirina back to the prim and proper lady she'd posed as upon arrival. Sullivan as the annoyed but disciplined lordling he was. "Where to next?" Shirina asked with a warm smile.

Sullivan on the other hand didn't say anything. Preoccupied once more with his thoughts.
It didn't take long for the pair to get their fill, both used to limited diets due to service in the army. When they returned to Avina both seemed calmer now at least. Shirina back to the prim and proper lady she'd posed as upon arrival. Sullivan as the annoyed but disciplined lordling he was. "Where to next?" Shirina asked with a warm smile.

Sullivan on the other hand didn't say anything. Preoccupied once more with his thoughts.
2W5hn3g.png
"Nexr i may show you to your quarters if you'd like." Avina said. "But if not tired, i may show you to something else as we wait for the prince to return." She was hoping that they would not be angered by the prince being so busy despite their arrival. But as she was walking down the hallway, Mitchell was asking her questions in their language, questions she quickly stopped in order to avoid the appearance of gossiping to each other. "My apologies, he doesn't fully understand the importance of your visit and discussions of peace."
"Nexr i may show you to your quarters if you'd like." Avina said. "But if not tired, i may show you to something else as we wait for the prince to return." She was hoping that they would not be angered by the prince being so busy despite their arrival. But as she was walking down the hallway, Mitchell was asking her questions in their language, questions she quickly stopped in order to avoid the appearance of gossiping to each other. "My apologies, he doesn't fully understand the importance of your visit and discussions of peace."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10