Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LF] 1x1 OR Group—Detroit: Become Human
1 2
SO!! As a good friend of mine knows [i]all too well[/i], I have spent. SO LONG. Agonizing over whether or not I should make this post. BUT. CURRENTLY: they are asleep; it's 9am where I am; AND I haven't slept all night, so [size=4][b][i]LET'S[/i][/b][/size] [size=5][b][i]GOOOOOO[/i][/b][/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rFQvp7z.png[/img][/center] [size=4][b][color=green]WHAT IS THIS?[/color][/b][/size] [indent]As the title indicates, I'm looking for a [b]literate[/b] D:BH roleplay! Specifically either 1x1 [i]or[/i] a group rp, if there's sufficient interest—it'd be super cool if we all played different characters ♥ but I'm also COMPLETELY ok with a single rp partner!![/indent] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rFQvp7z.png[/img][/center] [size=4][b][color=green]WHAT DO I WANT/LIKE?[/b][/color][/size] [list][*] I'd [i]prefer[/i] to play with the canon characters, but ocs are alright as well. [*] If you're willing to rp canon characters, GREAT!! Ideally it would be centered around Hank and Connor, starting off with LOOSELY the same storyline—but I freakin' [b]LOVE[/b] playing around with the butterfly effect and seeing how minor changes impact storylines! [*] In spite of that focus on the DPD boys, given the overarching story, it would be cool to explore the other characters as well! [*] Something I love above all else: [b][color=darkred]BLOOD AND TRAGEDY[/color][/b]. Seriously, I [i][b]ADORE[/b][/i] bloody near-death scenes and I will get SUCH a kick out of killing off Connor in increasingly horrible and heartbreaking ways, so [b]YOU ARE WARNED[/b]. If you DON'T like violence, gore, blood, or angst, [b][u]I am not the rp partner for you[/u][/b]. [*] This means I am also COMPLETELY happy to let [i]you[/i] horribly maim and/or (almost) kill off your characters, too!! Or if it makes sense to kill them FOR REAL, we can always uh. Restart our save, as it were, after exploring that particular branch to the end :B [s]a friend and I once rped a BEAUTIFUL scene wherein things went bad VERY QUICKLY and my character died and HER character was sold irretrievably into slavery AND UH. yeah we had to start over but it was [i][b]so good![/b][/i][/s] [*] I'd like to claim [b]Connor[/b], but other than that, I'm totally willing to play pretty much anyone else in order to bounce off you!! Whether that's (including but not limited to) Markus, Simon, Kara, Alice, or even Todd ... [i]ugh[/i]. [*] Markus x Simon, change my mind. GET OUTTA HERE, NORTH. [*] [b]CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!![/b] I will ALWAYS take good characterization over almost anything else!! [*] [s]You could probably talk me into Reed900 if we can come up with a compelling in-universe justification for sticking them together.[/s][/list] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rFQvp7z.png[/img][/center] [size=4][b][color=green]WHAT DO I DISLIKE?[/color][/b][/size] [list][*] By and large I'm pretty easygoing! I have no triggers insofar as descriptors or subject matter goes, THOUGH THE USUAL FLIGHT RISING RULES APPLY (if we choose to rp on this forum—I'm also totally open to rping over discord!). [*] However, one thing that squicks me out beyond belief is HankCon. [b]PLEASE[/b] do not ask for OR expect anything beyond a [b]father/son[/b] platonic relationship—and probably a pretty dang slowburn one at that (because that makes it [i]so much more satisfying[/i])! [*] [b]SPOILERS FOR LATE-GAME KARA STORYLINE[/b]: [spoiler]I was pretty disappointed with the reveal of Alice being an android, and honestly Alice's lack of characterization or ... any real personality in general—so I'd be totally ok with removing that particular plot point, though if you like it we can totally run with it and see if we can't flesh her out a bit more![/spoiler] [*] If we go the discord route—overt or explicit sexual themes or encounters are also a no-no for me, although discreet fade-to-black or more general descriptions/settings are fine (lookin' at you, Eden Club). [*] Not being allowed to partake in plenty of [b][color=darkred]BLOOD AND TRAGEDY[/color][/b] :([/list] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rFQvp7z.png[/img][/center] I know it's a pretty old game, and I know not many people are comfortable with playing canon characters, but again—I'm [size=4][b][i]ABSOLUTELY[/i][/b][/size] willing to use ocs instead (with the understanding that my main character will likely be uh. very connor-like LMAO)!! [b]FINALLY[/b]: No need to ping, I'm subscribed to the thread! [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=firework size=1]
SO!! As a good friend of mine knows all too well, I have spent. SO LONG. Agonizing over whether or not I should make this post.

BUT. CURRENTLY: they are asleep; it's 9am where I am; AND I haven't slept all night, so LET'S GOOOOOO

rFQvp7z.png

WHAT IS THIS?
As the title indicates, I'm looking for a literate D:BH roleplay!

Specifically either 1x1 or a group rp, if there's sufficient interest—it'd be super cool if we all played different characters ♥ but I'm also COMPLETELY ok with a single rp partner!!

rFQvp7z.png

WHAT DO I WANT/LIKE?
  • I'd prefer to play with the canon characters, but ocs are alright as well.
  • If you're willing to rp canon characters, GREAT!! Ideally it would be centered around Hank and Connor, starting off with LOOSELY the same storyline—but I freakin' LOVE playing around with the butterfly effect and seeing how minor changes impact storylines!
  • In spite of that focus on the DPD boys, given the overarching story, it would be cool to explore the other characters as well!
  • Something I love above all else: BLOOD AND TRAGEDY. Seriously, I ADORE bloody near-death scenes and I will get SUCH a kick out of killing off Connor in increasingly horrible and heartbreaking ways, so YOU ARE WARNED. If you DON'T like violence, gore, blood, or angst, I am not the rp partner for you.
  • This means I am also COMPLETELY happy to let you horribly maim and/or (almost) kill off your characters, too!! Or if it makes sense to kill them FOR REAL, we can always uh. Restart our save, as it were, after exploring that particular branch to the end :B a friend and I once rped a BEAUTIFUL scene wherein things went bad VERY QUICKLY and my character died and HER character was sold irretrievably into slavery AND UH. yeah we had to start over but it was so good!
  • I'd like to claim Connor, but other than that, I'm totally willing to play pretty much anyone else in order to bounce off you!! Whether that's (including but not limited to) Markus, Simon, Kara, Alice, or even Todd ... ugh.
  • Markus x Simon, change my mind. GET OUTTA HERE, NORTH.
  • CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!! I will ALWAYS take good characterization over almost anything else!!
  • You could probably talk me into Reed900 if we can come up with a compelling in-universe justification for sticking them together.

rFQvp7z.png

WHAT DO I DISLIKE?
  • By and large I'm pretty easygoing! I have no triggers insofar as descriptors or subject matter goes, THOUGH THE USUAL FLIGHT RISING RULES APPLY (if we choose to rp on this forum—I'm also totally open to rping over discord!).
  • However, one thing that squicks me out beyond belief is HankCon. PLEASE do not ask for OR expect anything beyond a father/son platonic relationship—and probably a pretty dang slowburn one at that (because that makes it so much more satisfying)!
  • SPOILERS FOR LATE-GAME KARA STORYLINE: I was pretty disappointed with the reveal of Alice being an android, and honestly Alice's lack of characterization or ... any real personality in general—so I'd be totally ok with removing that particular plot point, though if you like it we can totally run with it and see if we can't flesh her out a bit more!
  • If we go the discord route—overt or explicit sexual themes or encounters are also a no-no for me, although discreet fade-to-black or more general descriptions/settings are fine (lookin' at you, Eden Club).
  • Not being allowed to partake in plenty of BLOOD AND TRAGEDY :(

rFQvp7z.png

I know it's a pretty old game, and I know not many people are comfortable with playing canon characters, but again—I'm ABSOLUTELY willing to use ocs instead (with the understanding that my main character will likely be uh. very connor-like LMAO)!!

FINALLY: No need to ping, I'm subscribed to the thread!
0vKbO0g.png ... ..jsdqWwF.png ... ...23f9f17750ec9255a270f24d9cfdf550ba2ef9cf.gif
beep boop bump!
beep boop bump!
0vKbO0g.png ... ..jsdqWwF.png ... ...23f9f17750ec9255a270f24d9cfdf550ba2ef9cf.gif
Hello. Although it has been awhile since I played the game. i would be interested in giving a try.
Hello. Although it has been awhile since I played the game. i would be interested in giving a try.
OH hey @Eaglerider, I think you've responded to one of my rp threads before! Good to see you again!! I'd love to give it a shot! Would you want to do 1x1 or wait to see if we get any more people? [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
OH hey @Eaglerider, I think you've responded to one of my rp threads before! Good to see you again!!

I'd love to give it a shot! Would you want to do 1x1 or wait to see if we get any more people?
I believe you are right. your name is familiar... how have you been?

I was thinking that a 1x1 would be ok. But what do you prefer?
I believe you are right. your name is familiar... how have you been?

I was thinking that a 1x1 would be ok. But what do you prefer?
1x1 works, sure!! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Would you be more interested in rping on the forum or over Discord? Can't remember if you ever specified xD
1x1 works, sure!!

Would you be more interested in rping on the forum or over Discord? Can't remember if you ever specified xD
I think discord will be better. if that is ok.
Sorry i thought I had asked you if you had a preference too. Lol.
I think discord will be better. if that is ok.
Sorry i thought I had asked you if you had a preference too. Lol.
@Eaglerider Haha no worries, I'm honestly willing to do either BUT I'll definitely keep track of rp better on Discord! My discord tag issss: agent of chaos [Kattata]#6941 Can't wait to hear from you!! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Eaglerider
Haha no worries, I'm honestly willing to do either BUT I'll definitely keep track of rp better on Discord!

My discord tag issss:
agent of chaos [Kattata]#6941

Can't wait to hear from you!!
beep boop!
beep boop!
boop beep!
boop beep!
1 2