Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Warrior´s Way 2023 [OOC] [OPEN]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37
@Mutation That works ::)

The ridgeback recoils, jabbing its head forward. The spikes sinks into the imperial´s scales, but does not hurt more than 2 damage.

It is your turn
@Mutation That works ::)

The ridgeback recoils, jabbing its head forward. The spikes sinks into the imperial´s scales, but does not hurt more than 2 damage.

It is your turn
IfCmPpP.png
@Naxxar

The Imperial hisses and takes a small step back - but retaliates immediately, using the reach afforded by her long neck to bite the Ridgeback's tough-skinned muzzle for 4 damage.

Pink Imperial HP: 28

It is now your turn.
@Naxxar

The Imperial hisses and takes a small step back - but retaliates immediately, using the reach afforded by her long neck to bite the Ridgeback's tough-skinned muzzle for 4 damage.

Pink Imperial HP: 28

It is now your turn.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
@Mutation I think it will be smart to include the health pool of your dragon as you fight, especially if the forums get clustered and results are hard to find.
For now I will count the currently recieved damage.

Red Ridgeback: 9/? hp

With her neck and body exposed, the ridgeback wastes no time to go for the belly. The large, sharp claws dig in, dealing 20 damage to the imperial.

It is your turn
@Mutation I think it will be smart to include the health pool of your dragon as you fight, especially if the forums get clustered and results are hard to find.
For now I will count the currently recieved damage.

Red Ridgeback: 9/? hp

With her neck and body exposed, the ridgeback wastes no time to go for the belly. The large, sharp claws dig in, dealing 20 damage to the imperial.

It is your turn
IfCmPpP.png
@Naxxar (Yep! Haha I actually did that just now of my own accord :D)

The pink Imperial roars and stumbles back at the hard hit dealt to her. She shrinks slightl, straining under the pain, but steels herself for another attack. Harnassing her rage, she leaps and topples the Ridgeback with a desperate body slam, dealing 22 points of damage in retaliation.

It is now your turn.

Pink Imperial's remaining HP: 8/30
@Naxxar (Yep! Haha I actually did that just now of my own accord :D)

The pink Imperial roars and stumbles back at the hard hit dealt to her. She shrinks slightl, straining under the pain, but steels herself for another attack. Harnassing her rage, she leaps and topples the Ridgeback with a desperate body slam, dealing 22 points of damage in retaliation.

It is now your turn.

Pink Imperial's remaining HP: 8/30
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

@Mutation (omg twinsies! I will be counting down like you instead)

The ridgeback is toppled, losing wind as it tries to scramble up. Lost of breath, the ridgeback yields.

Red ridgeback: 0/30

The pink imperial wins the duel!

I am thinking about any sorts of reward, maybe just the chest is good enough ::)
Also the winning dragon gets to add the won duel to their (stat sheet?), it wouldn´t be warrior´s way without a winner. Most won duels win?

Also the site is effective, fun, fair and secure to decide the outcomes of the duels. Thank you!
@Mutation (omg twinsies! I will be counting down like you instead)

The ridgeback is toppled, losing wind as it tries to scramble up. Lost of breath, the ridgeback yields.

Red ridgeback: 0/30

The pink imperial wins the duel!

I am thinking about any sorts of reward, maybe just the chest is good enough ::)
Also the winning dragon gets to add the won duel to their (stat sheet?), it wouldn´t be warrior´s way without a winner. Most won duels win?

Also the site is effective, fun, fair and secure to decide the outcomes of the duels. Thank you!
IfCmPpP.png
@Naxxar Hmmm, could be. I do worry that some participants, depending on their timezone/schedule compared to their opponent's, could lose out on opportunities to complete battles. I have a pretty relaxed schedule for example, and while I'm about to go to bed now, I can easily be on FR for 4-6 hours a day. If I get matched up with someone close to my timezone, great! If not, I'd make my roll and post and then wait the entire day for my buddy to wake up.

We'd probably have to put in a disqualification clause that requires at least a base level of activity, to keep a participant from getting stalled in a battle because their opponent hasn't replied once in a 36-hour period.

With how WW lasts almost 2 weeks though, there should be opportunity aplenty for active players to get a bunch of battles in, and event rewards should scale at least a little with the amount of effort made. Maybe a system of prize tiers?

Tier 1 for participation - maybe a cute badge?

Tier 2 a small treasure prize (maybe through the usew of Rusted treasure chests like you suggested) + the same badge

Tier 3 Treasure (rusted chests) and a cheaper treasure apparel piece of choice (capped at 10kt maybe)

Tier 4 Some treasure, a few gems (Iron treasure chest?), maybe a slightly pricier predetermined apparel that fits the WW theme? I also think WW 2022 will have a token shop rather than last year's temporary chest mechanic, so maybe a shop token (or more depending on prices?)

And Tier 5 being one reached by only a few people, a nice Treasure reward with some gems (2 iron chests?), apparel from tier 4, tokens and a special Badge of the Mighty?
@Naxxar Hmmm, could be. I do worry that some participants, depending on their timezone/schedule compared to their opponent's, could lose out on opportunities to complete battles. I have a pretty relaxed schedule for example, and while I'm about to go to bed now, I can easily be on FR for 4-6 hours a day. If I get matched up with someone close to my timezone, great! If not, I'd make my roll and post and then wait the entire day for my buddy to wake up.

We'd probably have to put in a disqualification clause that requires at least a base level of activity, to keep a participant from getting stalled in a battle because their opponent hasn't replied once in a 36-hour period.

With how WW lasts almost 2 weeks though, there should be opportunity aplenty for active players to get a bunch of battles in, and event rewards should scale at least a little with the amount of effort made. Maybe a system of prize tiers?

Tier 1 for participation - maybe a cute badge?

Tier 2 a small treasure prize (maybe through the usew of Rusted treasure chests like you suggested) + the same badge

Tier 3 Treasure (rusted chests) and a cheaper treasure apparel piece of choice (capped at 10kt maybe)

Tier 4 Some treasure, a few gems (Iron treasure chest?), maybe a slightly pricier predetermined apparel that fits the WW theme? I also think WW 2022 will have a token shop rather than last year's temporary chest mechanic, so maybe a shop token (or more depending on prices?)

And Tier 5 being one reached by only a few people, a nice Treasure reward with some gems (2 iron chests?), apparel from tier 4, tokens and a special Badge of the Mighty?

locke.png

@Mutation I don´t think waiting for your opponent is necessary.
Since the dice link remains and the forum posts are stored, you can wait for your opponent.
Meanwhile you can start another duel with another characters, juggling as many balls in the air as you want. While it would be a bad move in a story roleplay, its kind of a must in a short event like this.

I like the prize tiers ::) I have no problem donating something extra to the prize poll.

I would also like a way to include roleplay outside of the duels, and to perhaps spice up an individual character´s stats... maybe not with the system we are using.
@Mutation I don´t think waiting for your opponent is necessary.
Since the dice link remains and the forum posts are stored, you can wait for your opponent.
Meanwhile you can start another duel with another characters, juggling as many balls in the air as you want. While it would be a bad move in a story roleplay, its kind of a must in a short event like this.

I like the prize tiers ::) I have no problem donating something extra to the prize poll.

I would also like a way to include roleplay outside of the duels, and to perhaps spice up an individual character´s stats... maybe not with the system we are using.
IfCmPpP.png
[quote]ROLEPLAY NPC [b]NAME:[/b] Leah [b]SPECIES:[/b] Ridgeback [b]AGE:[/b] Young Adult [b]GENDER:[/b] Female [b]OTHER:[/b] Carries a golden war hammer [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=26&auth=46f35e814770121cc85a9a848290883230dcf131&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote]
Quote:
ROLEPLAY NPC

NAME: Leah
SPECIES: Ridgeback
OTHER: Carries a golden war hammer
dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=26&auth=46f35e814770121cc85a9a848290883230dcf131&dummyext=prev.png
IfCmPpP.png
[quote]ROLEPLAY NPC [b]NAME:[/b] Xenon [b]SPECIES:[/b] Centaur [b]AGE:[/b] Adult [b]GENDER:[/b] Female [b]OTHER:[/b] Carries a spear [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/6336.png[/img][/quote]
Quote:
ROLEPLAY NPC

NAME: Xenon
SPECIES: Centaur
OTHER: Carries a spear
6336.png
IfCmPpP.png
Bumpeth
Bumpeth
IfCmPpP.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37