Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "Fae" }} [OOC/Discussions] OPEN
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Nijiryu" date="2021-11-01 11:36:36" ] Its a more modern take, lol, Not a bad one, tho. I kinda like the concept that they dont "just become human" like they used to in the old stories, but become infinitely more dangerous. though I agree, Kelpies are a lot more interesting as far as a 'lesser fae turned greater' concept. Since Fae are one of those things that get wiser as they get older, a kelpie could start out as little more than a creature that runs off instinct... drawing people to the water and dragging them down to feed, and slowly, over the years, learn more and more about the world, and slowly become more "human" for lack of a better word. [/quote] Oooo~ I love that. I enjoy playing more feral characters in roleplays, so I feel like this description of Kelpies put into the roleplay's plot is really good. Maybe something like, my character is a lonely kelpie who wants to meet other fae, but since she is so spooky and still pretty feral she is often rejected. (Maybe she has gained the whole intellectual thing where she is aware of herself and others, but is still controlled by instincts) Maybe another character comes around and actually tries to help her become more humanized.
Nijiryu wrote on 2021-11-01 11:36:36:
Its a more modern take, lol, Not a bad one, tho. I kinda like the concept that they dont "just become human" like they used to in the old stories, but become infinitely more dangerous.

though I agree, Kelpies are a lot more interesting as far as a 'lesser fae turned greater' concept. Since Fae are one of those things that get wiser as they get older, a kelpie could start out as little more than a creature that runs off instinct... drawing people to the water and dragging them down to feed, and slowly, over the years, learn more and more about the world, and slowly become more "human" for lack of a better word.
Oooo~ I love that. I enjoy playing more feral characters in roleplays, so I feel like this description of Kelpies put into the roleplay's plot is really good.

Maybe something like, my character is a lonely kelpie who wants to meet other fae, but since she is so spooky and still pretty feral she is often rejected. (Maybe she has gained the whole intellectual thing where she is aware of herself and others, but is still controlled by instincts) Maybe another character comes around and actually tries to help her become more humanized.
DrinWIy.pngearthflower.pngPh1jtoM.pngearthflower.pngRWtd37L.png
Caillte: *Adopts*

Honestly, that would be pretty funny... just the Ancient Dryad who uprooted because she got tired of watching her children go to war and never come home, for a war that she personally never believed in or agreed with, fighting against their own kinsmen (because her daughters are all the children of human fathers); meets a Kelpie still struggling with it's baser instincts because its stuck somewhere between "Sentient" and "Magical creature". Both are creatures tossed arse-over-teakettle into a world they are unaccustomed.
Caillte: *Adopts*

Honestly, that would be pretty funny... just the Ancient Dryad who uprooted because she got tired of watching her children go to war and never come home, for a war that she personally never believed in or agreed with, fighting against their own kinsmen (because her daughters are all the children of human fathers); meets a Kelpie still struggling with it's baser instincts because its stuck somewhere between "Sentient" and "Magical creature". Both are creatures tossed arse-over-teakettle into a world they are unaccustomed.
Nextgenlogo.png
that does sound...fun and interesting,
that does sound...fun and interesting,
_
I like to RP
_
If ya see any of my dragons you like! hit me up!
So eyeballing the general profile setup I think I have to put my Huldra in the court of spring, but im a bit unsure of the grading ^^
So eyeballing the general profile setup I think I have to put my Huldra in the court of spring, but im a bit unsure of the grading ^^
_
I like to RP
_
If ya see any of my dragons you like! hit me up!
Then I think I'll take Summer if that's cool

I'm leaning towards using my dragoon themed lad! Currently looking at my notes though I need to refine them to be a bit less jumbled, then I'll slap down my lore ideas for them ^^'
Then I think I'll take Summer if that's cool

I'm leaning towards using my dragoon themed lad! Currently looking at my notes though I need to refine them to be a bit less jumbled, then I'll slap down my lore ideas for them ^^'
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
I just made Caillte a lady, since it made the most logical sense. She's old, and strong, but not active enough to be a "high" lady.
I just made Caillte a lady, since it made the most logical sense. She's old, and strong, but not active enough to be a "high" lady.
Nextgenlogo.png
Wait is the High Lord/Lady slot open for the Night Court? Because if so I might do that instead of Fall Court.
Wait is the High Lord/Lady slot open for the Night Court? Because if so I might do that instead of Fall Court.
IMG-7768-removebg-preview.png
Call me Dark!
She/Her
I beeeleeeive so?
I beeeleeeive so?
Nextgenlogo.png
Hi, I might be interested in joining as one of the humans but might wait a bit until there are more details about the human kingdoms. Just curious, are the humans magic-less or something to that extent?
Hi, I might be interested in joining as one of the humans but might wait a bit until there are more details about the human kingdoms. Just curious, are the humans magic-less or something to that extent?
aesq82D.gifActive17:00-10:00
[quote name="@Meanderlin" date="2021-11-02 05:38:45" ] Hi, I might be interested in joining as one of the humans but might wait a bit until there are more details about the human kingdoms. Just curious, are the humans magic-less or something to that extent? [/quote] [font=papyrus]Hello! Yes, humans are magic-less, as far as I know.
@Meanderlin wrote on 2021-11-02 05:38:45:
Hello! Yes, humans are magic-less, as far as I know.
IMG-7768-removebg-preview.png
Call me Dark!
She/Her
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9