Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New Deities RP (IC, open!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/828402512637853716/874787532695564378/scry_1.png[/img][/center] Radial paused midair, startled by the shadow that had materialized into a dragon in front of her. She let out an exasperated breath. She didn't want a fight, she just wanted to find the others as quickly as possible. She started to charge an energy deep within her. She wasn't the best at fighting offensively. Her powers probably [i]could[/i] be used to much greater fighting purpose, but Radial hated conflict as much as she hated mosquitoes, which was a lot [s]mosquitoes can heck off[/s]. At the buildup of this energy, her scales began to refract the light away from her, causing her body temperature to rise and for her to become partially invisible. Her power wasn't perfect, and there was still a shimmering effect in the air as she flapped her wings, but it would be hard to focus on if she moved too fast. Her scales had essentially become mirrors of sorts. But becoming invisible wasn't the only thing this energy could do for her. She opened her mouth, unleashing a blinding flash of light straight into her opponent's eyes, and it would feel as if it were cutting through the Shi deity's scales, think thousands of tiny daggers cutting away. Now that the energy had been unleashed, her invisibility would be short lived, so she turned tail and fled, her image just a blurry glimmer in the air as she sped away, hoping to loose her attacker. Radial was not good at fighting, and really, [i]really[/i] did not like doing it.
scry_1.png

Radial paused midair, startled by the shadow that had materialized into a dragon in front of her. She let out an exasperated breath. She didn't want a fight, she just wanted to find the others as quickly as possible.

She started to charge an energy deep within her. She wasn't the best at fighting offensively. Her powers probably could be used to much greater fighting purpose, but Radial hated conflict as much as she hated mosquitoes, which was a lot mosquitoes can heck off. At the buildup of this energy, her scales began to refract the light away from her, causing her body temperature to rise and for her to become partially invisible. Her power wasn't perfect, and there was still a shimmering effect in the air as she flapped her wings, but it would be hard to focus on if she moved too fast. Her scales had essentially become mirrors of sorts.

But becoming invisible wasn't the only thing this energy could do for her. She opened her mouth, unleashing a blinding flash of light straight into her opponent's eyes, and it would feel as if it were cutting through the Shi deity's scales, think thousands of tiny daggers cutting away. Now that the energy had been unleashed, her invisibility would be short lived, so she turned tail and fled, her image just a blurry glimmer in the air as she sped away, hoping to loose her attacker. Radial was not good at fighting, and really, really did not like doing it.
[columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/TwCJXtz6/A6018-AEB-8-DC9-412-E-8965-EF67-F9-E0-BCFA.jpg[/img][nextcol][emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [nextcol][font=Papyrus][color=darkgrey]The dark deity kept her piercing eyes on the other, brighter deity, flanks heaving. She tended as Radial started to fade, but the other dragon was still slightly visible, so QuickSilver kept her eyes on the slight shimmer. Radial opened her mouth, and QuickSilver tried to dodge, realizing what was about to happen. The shadow deity shrieked as a feeling like daggers embedding under her scales rushed through her leg, which hadn’t gotten out of the way in time. QuickSilver used the nearby shadows to create a bandage before launching herself into the air. Her breath came in ragged gasps as she pumped her wings. A blurry glimmer caught her eye and she dove after it, sinking her claws into the shape. “You [i]won’t[/i] get away, Seikatsu scum,” she hissed into her sister’s ear. Though she was smaller than the other deity, her weight managed to bring the shimmering dragon down.
A6018-AEB-8-DC9-412-E-8965-EF67-F9-E0-BCFA.jpg

The dark deity kept her piercing eyes on the other, brighter deity, flanks heaving. She tended as Radial started to fade, but the other dragon was still slightly visible, so QuickSilver kept her eyes on the slight shimmer. Radial opened her mouth, and QuickSilver tried to dodge, realizing what was about to happen.
The shadow deity shrieked as a feeling like daggers embedding under her scales rushed through her leg, which hadn’t gotten out of the way in time. QuickSilver used the nearby shadows to create a bandage before launching herself into the air. Her breath came in ragged gasps as she pumped her wings.
A blurry glimmer caught her eye and she dove after it, sinking her claws into the shape. “You won’t get away, Seikatsu scum,” she hissed into her sister’s ear. Though she was smaller than the other deity, her weight managed to bring the shimmering dragon down.
IMG-7768-removebg-preview.png
Call me Dark!
She/Her
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/856972130759868476/875538757279973396/scry_1.png[/img][/center] In a bright flash, her scales began to stop refracting the light as they had before. It was at that moment that the energy that had allowed her to go invisible began to fade. Radial let out a hiss of frustration as the Shi dragon's weight impacted her, dragging her to the ground. The insult it threw at her only made her more outraged. Where were the other Seikatsu? Sighing inwardly, she turned her head to face the dragon whose claws were now embedded painfully into her back. She was going to have to actually fight this dragon, wasn't she? She cursed herself. Fighting wasn't her strong suit, but if this shadow dragon wanted so badly to fight her, she'd have to try. The dragon on top of her seemed to be breathing heavily, the golden deity noted. [i]She must be tired.[/i] Radial guessed. [i]Did my fellows give you trouble?[/i] She thought with a hint of satisfaction. She could use this to her advantage. Even though Radial was not the most physically strong dragon--most of her skill was in her speed and agility--this dragon seemed to have been weakened from some previous exercise. Perhaps it would be harder for her to fend off Radial's attacks. Rapidly, the light deity weighed her options. [i]What's the best way to throw off an opponent on your back?[/i] She wracked her brain, remembering the few techniques she had been taught. Remembering an old trick, she brought her front talons directly underneath her belly, and bunched up her back legs, as if she were a rabbit preparing to leap. She then pushed up, with her backlegs moreso than her front, making her body into a sort of ramp, unbalancing the shadow deity, causing her to tumble over Radial's head. Curling her feathers over her back, she began to restore and soothe the scales where the Shi dragon's claws had met them. She took the brief break to catch her breath before beginning to charge the energy within her chest again. "I don't want to hurt you, but I will if I must." Radial warned the other dragon. It was partially a threat, but half of her hoped the dragon would see she didn't want to hurt her and buzz off. The other half of her was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen.
scry_1.png

In a bright flash, her scales began to stop refracting the light as they had before. It was at that moment that the energy that had allowed her to go invisible began to fade. Radial let out a hiss of frustration as the Shi dragon's weight impacted her, dragging her to the ground. The insult it threw at her only made her more outraged. Where were the other Seikatsu?

Sighing inwardly, she turned her head to face the dragon whose claws were now embedded painfully into her back. She was going to have to actually fight this dragon, wasn't she? She cursed herself. Fighting wasn't her strong suit, but if this shadow dragon wanted so badly to fight her, she'd have to try.

The dragon on top of her seemed to be breathing heavily, the golden deity noted. She must be tired. Radial guessed. Did my fellows give you trouble? She thought with a hint of satisfaction. She could use this to her advantage. Even though Radial was not the most physically strong dragon--most of her skill was in her speed and agility--this dragon seemed to have been weakened from some previous exercise. Perhaps it would be harder for her to fend off Radial's attacks.

Rapidly, the light deity weighed her options. What's the best way to throw off an opponent on your back? She wracked her brain, remembering the few techniques she had been taught. Remembering an old trick, she brought her front talons directly underneath her belly, and bunched up her back legs, as if she were a rabbit preparing to leap. She then pushed up, with her backlegs moreso than her front, making her body into a sort of ramp, unbalancing the shadow deity, causing her to tumble over Radial's head. Curling her feathers over her back, she began to restore and soothe the scales where the Shi dragon's claws had met them. She took the brief break to catch her breath before beginning to charge the energy within her chest again.

"I don't want to hurt you, but I will if I must." Radial warned the other dragon. It was partially a threat, but half of her hoped the dragon would see she didn't want to hurt her and buzz off. The other half of her was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen.
[columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/TwCJXtz6/A6018-AEB-8-DC9-412-E-8965-EF67-F9-E0-BCFA.jpg[/img][nextcol][emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [nextcol][font=Papyrus][color=darkgrey]As the now visible dragon curled herself in, QuickSilver felt her hold slipping. She managed to give Radial some more scratches on the way down though. As she hit the ground, her head jarringly hit the hard ground, sending a spike of intense pain through her head. She struggled to her feet, feeling dizzy. Everything seem blurring and unfocused as QuickSilver’s head spun. She barely heard the other dragon’s comment, but she growled in response and tried to strike out, but she lost her footing. Time seemed to slow as she fell. As she hit the ground the world faded out... And darkness faded in.

As the now visible dragon curled herself in, QuickSilver felt her hold slipping. She managed to give Radial some more scratches on the way down though. As she hit the ground, her head jarringly hit the hard ground, sending a spike of intense pain through her head. She struggled to her feet, feeling dizzy.
Everything seem blurring and unfocused as QuickSilver’s head spun. She barely heard the other dragon’s comment, but she growled in response and tried to strike out, but she lost her footing. Time seemed to slow as she fell. As she hit the ground the world faded out... And darkness faded in.
Call me Dark!
She/Her
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/856972130759868476/875538757279973396/scry_1.png[/img][/center] Radial flinched backward as the Shi dragon lashed out, though her claws slashed nowhere near close enough to cause actual damage. She didn't bother trying to heal the scratches the shadow dragon dealt as she slid off Radial's back. It didn't seem as if this dragon wanted to make peace, so she tensed. Her healing powers weren't all that effective if she couldn't concentrate. She stood in a more balanced position now, ready to brace herself or land a blow, whatever was needed. She watched warily as the other dragon fell to the ground. Was this a feint attack, a way to bait Radial into lowering her guard? The golden deity eyed the shadow dragon, keeping her distance, waiting for the Shi to spring up and attack again. After a few moments, Radial realized the other dragon was probably unconscious. [i]Quite exhausted indeed.[/i] Radial commented silently. Slowly, Radial brought her feather up and stroked her own neck, slowly smoothing over the scratches from the other dragon's attack, before approaching the hooded dragon. After another moment's thought, she hesitantly lowered her feathered wing to heal the other dragon's own scratches, soothing them so at least she wouldn't be in pain when she awoke. Now she needed to make a quick getaway while the other dragon was down. She had already built up light energy in her chest, so her scales did their invisible shimmer thing again. Lifting off, and aiming her light blast on pure earth this time, Radial swiftly retreated, resuming her search for her other Seikatsu.
scry_1.png

Radial flinched backward as the Shi dragon lashed out, though her claws slashed nowhere near close enough to cause actual damage. She didn't bother trying to heal the scratches the shadow dragon dealt as she slid off Radial's back. It didn't seem as if this dragon wanted to make peace, so she tensed. Her healing powers weren't all that effective if she couldn't concentrate. She stood in a more balanced position now, ready to brace herself or land a blow, whatever was needed.

She watched warily as the other dragon fell to the ground. Was this a feint attack, a way to bait Radial into lowering her guard? The golden deity eyed the shadow dragon, keeping her distance, waiting for the Shi to spring up and attack again.

After a few moments, Radial realized the other dragon was probably unconscious. Quite exhausted indeed. Radial commented silently. Slowly, Radial brought her feather up and stroked her own neck, slowly smoothing over the scratches from the other dragon's attack, before approaching the hooded dragon. After another moment's thought, she hesitantly lowered her feathered wing to heal the other dragon's own scratches, soothing them so at least she wouldn't be in pain when she awoke. Now she needed to make a quick getaway while the other dragon was down. She had already built up light energy in her chest, so her scales did their invisible shimmer thing again. Lifting off, and aiming her light blast on pure earth this time, Radial swiftly retreated, resuming her search for her other Seikatsu.
Vision turning red, End's finally bit of restraint snapped like a dead tree under the force of a category 5 tornado. Another roar leaving her maw, the sound powered and made louder by the energy that began to pulse through her veins and off of her form. The death-force that left her form was a smothering cloud of thick miasma sucked something out of the air. Making it near impossible to breathe and making it harder to use innate abilities that weren't related to the the power thickening the air. No longer did the miasma seem to hold off on Reanimator, instead digging into and poisoning every cell within the dead dragons form, sucking the life out of it along with speeding up the process that End was so familiar with.

She lunged forward, blinded by the rage that the larger than usual (though still small to her) fae dared to stand before her. Red and purple radiated off her form so strongly that it was almost impossible to make out her actual outline within it. Her maw snapped towards the vague form. Death a promise if she were to snatch the other into her maw.

The rest of her miasma pooled around the ground like a toxin, poisoning and eating away at anything that it touched. Ice turned black and smoky, and the ground that it touched began to turn dark. Soil beginning to bubble as dark veins raced through it with the promise of pain to anything that stepped upon it.

So blinded was her rage was she that she ignored anything that wasn't her prey, her enemies. End didn't notice the lack of QuickSilver or her weakening life force. Nor did she notice the appearance of Hester. Death-Force lunged and curled against the barriers protecting all but one of her prey. The miasma writhing and pounding against the glowing pink structures as they echoed their master's fury with all of their might.
Vision turning red, End's finally bit of restraint snapped like a dead tree under the force of a category 5 tornado. Another roar leaving her maw, the sound powered and made louder by the energy that began to pulse through her veins and off of her form. The death-force that left her form was a smothering cloud of thick miasma sucked something out of the air. Making it near impossible to breathe and making it harder to use innate abilities that weren't related to the the power thickening the air. No longer did the miasma seem to hold off on Reanimator, instead digging into and poisoning every cell within the dead dragons form, sucking the life out of it along with speeding up the process that End was so familiar with.

She lunged forward, blinded by the rage that the larger than usual (though still small to her) fae dared to stand before her. Red and purple radiated off her form so strongly that it was almost impossible to make out her actual outline within it. Her maw snapped towards the vague form. Death a promise if she were to snatch the other into her maw.

The rest of her miasma pooled around the ground like a toxin, poisoning and eating away at anything that it touched. Ice turned black and smoky, and the ground that it touched began to turn dark. Soil beginning to bubble as dark veins raced through it with the promise of pain to anything that stepped upon it.

So blinded was her rage was she that she ignored anything that wasn't her prey, her enemies. End didn't notice the lack of QuickSilver or her weakening life force. Nor did she notice the appearance of Hester. Death-Force lunged and curled against the barriers protecting all but one of her prey. The miasma writhing and pounding against the glowing pink structures as they echoed their master's fury with all of their might.
oulcMpY.gif
[center] [color=A97BBB] Sanctuary squeaked, then covered his mouth with embarrassment. He was just as much of a deity as his sisters, he needed to act like it. Determination lined his face as he spiraled toward Beauty. It wasn’t perfect, but he had managed to learn how to move the bubbles, even with the dragons inside them. Dawn seemed alright, for the most part. In a second, he decided it would be best to leave her. Beauty might not last if he didn’t do something, for sure, and it was easier for him to carry just one dragon. Quicksilver’s limp form caught his eye. If he were to take her as well… He lifted Beauty as gently as he could, then wormed his way toward Quicksilver, draping her body over one of his coils. He put on an extra burst of speed and booked it out of the battlefield, not eager to meet End’s rage.[/color] [url=https://imgbb.com/][img]https://i.ibb.co/KKwhGVT/BAC724-EA-238-F-46-F8-88-BD-7-F79880-F522-F.png[/img][/url][/center]
Sanctuary squeaked, then covered his mouth with embarrassment. He was just as much of a deity as his sisters, he needed to act like it. Determination lined his face as he spiraled toward Beauty. It wasn’t perfect, but he had managed to learn how to move the bubbles, even with the dragons inside them. Dawn seemed alright, for the most part. In a second, he decided it would be best to leave her. Beauty might not last if he didn’t do something, for sure, and it was easier for him to carry just one dragon.
Quicksilver’s limp form caught his eye. If he were to take her as well…
He lifted Beauty as gently as he could, then wormed his way toward Quicksilver, draping her body over one of his coils. He put on an extra burst of speed and booked it out of the battlefield, not eager to meet End’s rage.

BAC724-EA-238-F-46-F8-88-BD-7-F79880-F522-F.png
Janus1.png
Beauty

Beauty woke up because of a burst of speed she wanted to be aware of were she is so looked around and saw Sanctuary who was holding her and Quicksilver she was glad she wasn't being taken by a shi "Sanctuary why are you holding Quicksilver?" She said in a quiet sleepy tone.
Beauty

Beauty woke up because of a burst of speed she wanted to be aware of were she is so looked around and saw Sanctuary who was holding her and Quicksilver she was glad she wasn't being taken by a shi "Sanctuary why are you holding Quicksilver?" She said in a quiet sleepy tone.
L9rA9OI.png MreCscM.png -She/her -Call me Deer
[columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/TwCJXtz6/A6018-AEB-8-DC9-412-E-8965-EF67-F9-E0-BCFA.jpg[/img][nextcol][emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [nextcol][font=Papyrus][color=darkgrey][size=6][b]Darkness. Blinding light.[/b] The dark dragon slowly opened her eyes. Where was she? She looked around, and realized she was a good number of feet above the ground. She panicked, causing her to fall off of the other dragon’s coils. Her wings flared quickly, and she glided across the air. Then she was falling. Her wings seemed numb, like she was too exhausted to even move a muscle. As she was falling, she started thinking. [i]Where am I?[/i] She tried to think back, but everything was hazy. Wait. Who was she? [i]What[/i] was she? She was jerked out of her thoughts as she hit the ground. The dark dragon yelped in surprise. She saw another dragon approach her. She tried to sit up, but she was too sore. Why was she sore? What had she been doing?

Darkness. Blinding light.
The dark dragon slowly opened her eyes. Where was she? She looked around, and realized she was a good number of feet above the ground. She panicked, causing her to fall off of the other dragon’s coils. Her wings flared quickly, and she glided across the air.
Then she was falling. Her wings seemed numb, like she was too exhausted to even move a muscle. As she was falling, she started thinking. Where am I? She tried to think back, but everything was hazy.
Wait. Who was she? What was she? She was jerked out of her thoughts as she hit the ground. The dark dragon yelped in surprise. She saw another dragon approach her. She tried to sit up, but she was too sore. Why was she sore? What had she been doing?
Call me Dark!
She/Her
[center] [color=A97BBB]”I-“ Sanctuary’s words were clipped as he realized Quicksilver was falling. He twisted and dove, willing himself to reach her before she hit the ground. His skinny forearms stretched, just barely missing her, and he quickly readjusted his flight to prevent himself from smacking the ground. Rather than try to reach his previous altitude, he wormed his way back down to the ground [i]Good grief.[/i] The bubble containing Beauty finally expired with a pop, dropping her a couple inches into the earth. Relief washed over him. At least they were both safe. He coiled around Quicksilver, pinning her limbs and wings to her body. It wasn’t exactly the strongest hold, but he hoped in her weakened state it would be enough. “Are you alright, Beauty?” He turned his attention to his injured sister.[/color] [url=https://imgbb.com/][img]https://i.ibb.co/KKwhGVT/BAC724-EA-238-F-46-F8-88-BD-7-F79880-F522-F.png[/img][/url][/center]
”I-“ Sanctuary’s words were clipped as he realized Quicksilver was falling. He twisted and dove, willing himself to reach her before she hit the ground. His skinny forearms stretched, just barely missing her, and he quickly readjusted his flight to prevent himself from smacking the ground. Rather than try to reach his previous altitude, he wormed his way back down to the ground Good grief. The bubble containing Beauty finally expired with a pop, dropping her a couple inches into the earth. Relief washed over him. At least they were both safe. He coiled around Quicksilver, pinning her limbs and wings to her body. It wasn’t exactly the strongest hold, but he hoped in her weakened state it would be enough.

“Are you alright, Beauty?” He turned his attention to his injured sister.

BAC724-EA-238-F-46-F8-88-BD-7-F79880-F522-F.png
Janus1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10