Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ sunnysunflower
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
x
he didn't get far. larkspurs legs could only carry him west for several steps before his instincts told him to turn his head. at first, he saw nothing, just the sharp shine of the sun reflecting against the water's surface, but through a pathway opposite to him, someone came running.

it wasn't a threatening run; it was no charge. it was a desperate dash that didn't allow larskpur to catch the person's face until they came to a halt. and when they did, there was a sudden flood of questions that came to his mind. did he think i was beckoning him here when i waved? did he come by to ask me why i waved? was that small interaction something more that my mind can't piece together? larkspur wished that one of his sisters were present. particularly wisteria, who was much more sensitive and paid much attention to people's body language and actions. she would know what to do.

it wasn't until the boy lifted his head that larkspur saw tears in his eyes. ultimately, larkspur was frozen. what had happened between the short time he was sat on the roof and now, as he was stood in front of the nyban? did larkspur want to comfort the boy? of course. but he was clueless as to how. sure, he had comforted close friends and siblings before, but this was a complete stranger who he had 'met' just minutes ago. larkspurs eyes were wide open, lips parted in a puzzled expression as he gawked at the boy.

"uhh.. are you... alright?"
x
he didn't get far. larkspurs legs could only carry him west for several steps before his instincts told him to turn his head. at first, he saw nothing, just the sharp shine of the sun reflecting against the water's surface, but through a pathway opposite to him, someone came running.

it wasn't a threatening run; it was no charge. it was a desperate dash that didn't allow larskpur to catch the person's face until they came to a halt. and when they did, there was a sudden flood of questions that came to his mind. did he think i was beckoning him here when i waved? did he come by to ask me why i waved? was that small interaction something more that my mind can't piece together? larkspur wished that one of his sisters were present. particularly wisteria, who was much more sensitive and paid much attention to people's body language and actions. she would know what to do.

it wasn't until the boy lifted his head that larkspur saw tears in his eyes. ultimately, larkspur was frozen. what had happened between the short time he was sat on the roof and now, as he was stood in front of the nyban? did larkspur want to comfort the boy? of course. but he was clueless as to how. sure, he had comforted close friends and siblings before, but this was a complete stranger who he had 'met' just minutes ago. larkspurs eyes were wide open, lips parted in a puzzled expression as he gawked at the boy.

"uhh.. are you... alright?"
Mmr9HrK.pngpxgKZLB.png.pngE2bewfg.pngHxJ7se6.png » they/them
» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
Abele shook his head.

“N-No... My- M-My dad... He w-was also taken... That’s t-two people, gone! Poof! O-Out of n-nowhere!” He said, sniffling. He was definitely upset, he was even shaking.
Abele shook his head.

“N-No... My- M-My dad... He w-was also taken... That’s t-two people, gone! Poof! O-Out of n-nowhere!” He said, sniffling. He was definitely upset, he was even shaking.
x
oh, that was... perplexing. larkspur had thought he was the only one who presumed that people weren't just getting lost. taken, the boy had said. almost certainly. regardless, larkspur didn't quite know how to comfort him.

"yeah... i—" frankly, the nyban was speechless. this wasn't a situation he had ever been in anymore. "there... there?" he gave the boy a compassionate pat on the shoulder, understanding just how shaken he was. larkspur felt this exact way when freesia disappeared out of nowhere. but it seems that the boy has had two people taken from his life specifically from this whole ordeal.

"i'm sure he's out there somewhere.
x
oh, that was... perplexing. larkspur had thought he was the only one who presumed that people weren't just getting lost. taken, the boy had said. almost certainly. regardless, larkspur didn't quite know how to comfort him.

"yeah... i—" frankly, the nyban was speechless. this wasn't a situation he had ever been in anymore. "there... there?" he gave the boy a compassionate pat on the shoulder, understanding just how shaken he was. larkspur felt this exact way when freesia disappeared out of nowhere. but it seems that the boy has had two people taken from his life specifically from this whole ordeal.

"i'm sure he's out there somewhere.
» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
Abele pulled Larkspur into a hug.

“T-Thanks... I know h-he is too... but s-sometimes it’s hard to believe. My f-family is j-just starting to lose h-hope... My b-brother was also taken and h-he was one of the first so we’re a-all a l-little on edge.” Abele explained. Thank goodness this stranger sort of understood his troubles... He wondered if he lost someone too. Maybe he could comfort him too?

“H-Have you l-lost anyone?” Abele asked.
Abele pulled Larkspur into a hug.

“T-Thanks... I know h-he is too... but s-sometimes it’s hard to believe. My f-family is j-just starting to lose h-hope... My b-brother was also taken and h-he was one of the first so we’re a-all a l-little on edge.” Abele explained. Thank goodness this stranger sort of understood his troubles... He wondered if he lost someone too. Maybe he could comfort him too?

“H-Have you l-lost anyone?” Abele asked.
x
larkspur froze. while he knew next to nothing about social cues, he was awfully anxious in terms of communicating with others, and the fact that this random stranger had just hugged him made him just the slightest bit uncomfortable. regardless, larkspur felt the obligation to comfort the boy, and so wrapped an arm around him hesitantly, stroking his back as if to calm the ragged breaths he was taking.

when they pulled apart, the boy spoke again, and larkspur listened. truth be told, he couldn't ever get over the fact that this small town was having pieces taken from it because of this situation. it was unsettling.

"my sister disappeared," larkspur stated with a nod. his eyes never changed, though. while there was a whole inner layer of hurt inside him simply from missing freesia, there was another part that knew she hated seeing him cry over these things. and so, larkspurs emotions remained wrapped up in a little blanket tucked inside his heart as he comforted the boy stood in front of him.
x
larkspur froze. while he knew next to nothing about social cues, he was awfully anxious in terms of communicating with others, and the fact that this random stranger had just hugged him made him just the slightest bit uncomfortable. regardless, larkspur felt the obligation to comfort the boy, and so wrapped an arm around him hesitantly, stroking his back as if to calm the ragged breaths he was taking.

when they pulled apart, the boy spoke again, and larkspur listened. truth be told, he couldn't ever get over the fact that this small town was having pieces taken from it because of this situation. it was unsettling.

"my sister disappeared," larkspur stated with a nod. his eyes never changed, though. while there was a whole inner layer of hurt inside him simply from missing freesia, there was another part that knew she hated seeing him cry over these things. and so, larkspurs emotions remained wrapped up in a little blanket tucked inside his heart as he comforted the boy stood in front of him.
» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
“O-Oh... That’s p-pretty unfortunate... I l-lost my dad, like I s-said and m-my younger sister was one of t-the first to be taken... I h-hope that you’re sister is o-okay.”
“O-Oh... That’s p-pretty unfortunate... I l-lost my dad, like I s-said and m-my younger sister was one of t-the first to be taken... I h-hope that you’re sister is o-okay.”
x
» not sure if you meant brother rather than sister?
anyway i think it'd be cool if we did segments with our character's families to get a sense of the kind of dynamic they have if you want! if not we can skip to next morning and meet again in a few posts

"she is, i can feel it," larkspur says, staring at the ground. "i'm gonna go look for her somewhere. i'll—" he cuts himself off, realizing it was quite irrational of him to devise such a reckless plan. but the forest was expansive and there truly was a possibility that everyone was there.

"it's... it's getting dark. maybe tomorrow. we'll talk about this tomorrow. i think you need to see how your family is doing."

x
» not sure if you meant brother rather than sister?
anyway i think it'd be cool if we did segments with our character's families to get a sense of the kind of dynamic they have if you want! if not we can skip to next morning and meet again in a few posts

"she is, i can feel it," larkspur says, staring at the ground. "i'm gonna go look for her somewhere. i'll—" he cuts himself off, realizing it was quite irrational of him to devise such a reckless plan. but the forest was expansive and there truly was a possibility that everyone was there.

"it's... it's getting dark. maybe tomorrow. we'll talk about this tomorrow. i think you need to see how your family is doing."

» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
(Oh yeah! Sorry qwq and yeah! Sounds good!)

Abele nodded.

“Y-Yeah... Good p-point.” He said before he quickly turned on his heel and jogged off.

“Oh my- Thank goodness you’re okay, Abele! Please don’t run of like that, especially in a time like this!” His mother said, she was clearly worried for her son.

Abele frowned.

“Sorry mama...” Abele said, looking down guiltily.

“It’s okay... Please just don’t do that again... I know it’s hard losing... them but we have to stay strong. They’ll come back to us eventually and everything will be back to normal in no time. They probably just got lost in the woods or something...” His mother replied, hugging Abele.

It was just them now... Abele’s mother made it her mission to keep her only son left safe, even after all this is past... She just couldn’t deal with losing him too...
(Oh yeah! Sorry qwq and yeah! Sounds good!)

Abele nodded.

“Y-Yeah... Good p-point.” He said before he quickly turned on his heel and jogged off.

“Oh my- Thank goodness you’re okay, Abele! Please don’t run of like that, especially in a time like this!” His mother said, she was clearly worried for her son.

Abele frowned.

“Sorry mama...” Abele said, looking down guiltily.

“It’s okay... Please just don’t do that again... I know it’s hard losing... them but we have to stay strong. They’ll come back to us eventually and everything will be back to normal in no time. They probably just got lost in the woods or something...” His mother replied, hugging Abele.

It was just them now... Abele’s mother made it her mission to keep her only son left safe, even after all this is past... She just couldn’t deal with losing him too...
x
as soon as the boy agreed with his plan, larkspur waved goodbye and turned the other way. he needed to remind himself to ask for his name tomorrow— simple things were easily forgotten in a time of crisis.

"you have to get home earlier now, larkspur," is all the boy heard from his mother as the front door clicked shut. his home was a nice cozy cottage with two storeys, a worn tile roof, and a wooden interior. the living space itself wasn't too big, and it clearly wasn't sufficient for his entire family, including three older sisters, three older brothers, and his parents. his parents obviously shared a room, and so did wisteria and freesia up until freesia had gone missing. aster and sage, the twins, shared the little nook that they called an 'attic', and vanda, muscari, and larkspur himself alternated between sleeping in the only other bedroom, and the couch downstairs. vanda would often claim the couch for themselves, just as a part of their generous personality, and muscari would constantly be shouting for the top bunk. such was the dynamic between the youngest three celtis boys.

"yes, mother," larkspur murmured.

"with freesia gone, we don't know what's going to happen to the rest of us if we're out past sunset," wisteria chimed in. she was the oldest in the group, and the most responsible. if their mother wasn't doing housework, wisteria was. at the moment, she was chopping up some carrots for supper while their mother was at the stove.

"it's vanda's turn to set the table. is he home yet?" wisteria asked. muscari, sat on the dinner table, cocked an eyebrow and shook his head.

"nah. don't think so. make the baby do it. if they're not back by the time we're all in bed just assume they're with freesia or something." muscari was hot-headed and used words that often reflected that fact. with the notion implying that vanda had been taken as well, their mother took up the oil-covered spatula that she had been cooking with and brought it down on muscari's head several times.

"watch! your! words!" she exclaims before resuming her cooking, rather angrily now.

larkspur rolled his eyes, setting up utensils at the table as well as the portions that wisteria had begun to lay out. when she tells him to get the twins and their father from the backyard, he does so, and takes a seat at the very end of the table, right next to where vanda usually sat. except... they hadn't come back yet.

vanda was often the most obedient of the celtis siblings. they never came home after sundown and did housework and schoolwork before anything. they weren't very sociable outside home, but their kindness was prominent. larkspur knew without a doubt that he had gone where freesia had. muscari had been right, and as the table grew quiet without freesia's usual chatter, the rest of the family silently acknowledged this fact as well.

supper ended quickly, and the twins retreated up to the attic in whispers. their mother and father tidied up the dishes with some help from wisteria, leaving muscari to lay around on the couch, and larkspur with himself, deep in thought. he ultimately decided on heading upstairs to his and muscari's room and sitting at the creaky wooden desk with a tiny oil lamp that hardly gave enough light when needed. larkspur removed a piece of paper and a pencil from a drawer and placed it on the desk in front of him, unclear about what he should write.

i got carried away oops
x
as soon as the boy agreed with his plan, larkspur waved goodbye and turned the other way. he needed to remind himself to ask for his name tomorrow— simple things were easily forgotten in a time of crisis.

"you have to get home earlier now, larkspur," is all the boy heard from his mother as the front door clicked shut. his home was a nice cozy cottage with two storeys, a worn tile roof, and a wooden interior. the living space itself wasn't too big, and it clearly wasn't sufficient for his entire family, including three older sisters, three older brothers, and his parents. his parents obviously shared a room, and so did wisteria and freesia up until freesia had gone missing. aster and sage, the twins, shared the little nook that they called an 'attic', and vanda, muscari, and larkspur himself alternated between sleeping in the only other bedroom, and the couch downstairs. vanda would often claim the couch for themselves, just as a part of their generous personality, and muscari would constantly be shouting for the top bunk. such was the dynamic between the youngest three celtis boys.

"yes, mother," larkspur murmured.

"with freesia gone, we don't know what's going to happen to the rest of us if we're out past sunset," wisteria chimed in. she was the oldest in the group, and the most responsible. if their mother wasn't doing housework, wisteria was. at the moment, she was chopping up some carrots for supper while their mother was at the stove.

"it's vanda's turn to set the table. is he home yet?" wisteria asked. muscari, sat on the dinner table, cocked an eyebrow and shook his head.

"nah. don't think so. make the baby do it. if they're not back by the time we're all in bed just assume they're with freesia or something." muscari was hot-headed and used words that often reflected that fact. with the notion implying that vanda had been taken as well, their mother took up the oil-covered spatula that she had been cooking with and brought it down on muscari's head several times.

"watch! your! words!" she exclaims before resuming her cooking, rather angrily now.

larkspur rolled his eyes, setting up utensils at the table as well as the portions that wisteria had begun to lay out. when she tells him to get the twins and their father from the backyard, he does so, and takes a seat at the very end of the table, right next to where vanda usually sat. except... they hadn't come back yet.

vanda was often the most obedient of the celtis siblings. they never came home after sundown and did housework and schoolwork before anything. they weren't very sociable outside home, but their kindness was prominent. larkspur knew without a doubt that he had gone where freesia had. muscari had been right, and as the table grew quiet without freesia's usual chatter, the rest of the family silently acknowledged this fact as well.

supper ended quickly, and the twins retreated up to the attic in whispers. their mother and father tidied up the dishes with some help from wisteria, leaving muscari to lay around on the couch, and larkspur with himself, deep in thought. he ultimately decided on heading upstairs to his and muscari's room and sitting at the creaky wooden desk with a tiny oil lamp that hardly gave enough light when needed. larkspur removed a piece of paper and a pencil from a drawer and placed it on the desk in front of him, unclear about what he should write.

i got carried away oops
» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
Abele sat at his window, he wondered what that boy he met was doing now... He hoped that he was okay. He barely knew him but... He seemed nice.

Before he could think any further, his mother called him down to eat. They ate in silence... It just wasn’t the same without the rest of his family. When he was finished, he went straight to bed. He didn’t have much to do and he had to be well rested for tomorrow so he just thought it was the best route. Within minutes, he was out like a light.
Abele sat at his window, he wondered what that boy he met was doing now... He hoped that he was okay. He barely knew him but... He seemed nice.

Before he could think any further, his mother called him down to eat. They ate in silence... It just wasn’t the same without the rest of his family. When he was finished, he went straight to bed. He didn’t have much to do and he had to be well rested for tomorrow so he just thought it was the best route. Within minutes, he was out like a light.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7