Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Supernatural Threat [ Closed | IC ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49
After having not thought of anything new looking through Jezebel’s file, he had decided to look through the file they had on the supernatural resistance instead. The file in particular was much bigger than most files they had, but that didn’t mean they had a lot of information on the resistance. The file was mostly previous attacks that the resistance had carried out, some of it was suspected resistance hideouts although nothing specific, and the rest was confirmed or specific members. He flipped through the file just reading through some of its contents not really looking for anything.

Theo looked up when someone said his name, as the file was placed on his desk he took it opening it. As he looked through the contents of the file he listened to what the other had to say about it. “Thanks. You’re new here right?” He said, not bothering to wait for a response before continuing. “If you need anything, feel free to ask.” He offered, it generally wasn’t something he would do, but he had always been in a better mood after he got new information on his case. Theo had never really cared where he got the information, as long as it was good and led to the capture of a fugitive.

“I guess I’ll be going then.” He said to the man standing up and grabbing the coat draped over the back of his chair. He put on his coat then turned to leave, rushing out of the office and down to the street. Once on the street he hurried to the underground district of the city. Shortly after he arrived, he continued walking until he had reached the heart of the district, at which point he slipped off into one of the alleyways. He leaned against the alleyway wall closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to focus on his power, sensing all the supernatural energies nearby.

He began to sift through the different energies letting the ones that he deemed to not be shapeshifters fade to the back of his mind, instead focusing only on the shapeshifter energies. He had learned a long time ago that different types of supernaturals had different types of energy they gave off, some were extremely similar and hard to distinguish, but over the years Theodore had mostly figured out which was which, and learned to distinguish between them. Once he had the shapeshifters focused on he began to analyze them focusing more on where they seemed to be, two in particular stood out to him, because they seemed to be distant from the others.

Once he had narrowed down on the two energies, one of which he hoped belonged to Jezebel, he began to follow them through the district. Before long he reached an apartment, which was where he could sense the energies coming from. He knocked on the door, beginning to think of what to say when it was opened. He knew better than to tell them he worked for the authorities, so he worked on a story he could tell them instead.

After having not thought of anything new looking through Jezebel’s file, he had decided to look through the file they had on the supernatural resistance instead. The file in particular was much bigger than most files they had, but that didn’t mean they had a lot of information on the resistance. The file was mostly previous attacks that the resistance had carried out, some of it was suspected resistance hideouts although nothing specific, and the rest was confirmed or specific members. He flipped through the file just reading through some of its contents not really looking for anything.

Theo looked up when someone said his name, as the file was placed on his desk he took it opening it. As he looked through the contents of the file he listened to what the other had to say about it. “Thanks. You’re new here right?” He said, not bothering to wait for a response before continuing. “If you need anything, feel free to ask.” He offered, it generally wasn’t something he would do, but he had always been in a better mood after he got new information on his case. Theo had never really cared where he got the information, as long as it was good and led to the capture of a fugitive.

“I guess I’ll be going then.” He said to the man standing up and grabbing the coat draped over the back of his chair. He put on his coat then turned to leave, rushing out of the office and down to the street. Once on the street he hurried to the underground district of the city. Shortly after he arrived, he continued walking until he had reached the heart of the district, at which point he slipped off into one of the alleyways. He leaned against the alleyway wall closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to focus on his power, sensing all the supernatural energies nearby.

He began to sift through the different energies letting the ones that he deemed to not be shapeshifters fade to the back of his mind, instead focusing only on the shapeshifter energies. He had learned a long time ago that different types of supernaturals had different types of energy they gave off, some were extremely similar and hard to distinguish, but over the years Theodore had mostly figured out which was which, and learned to distinguish between them. Once he had the shapeshifters focused on he began to analyze them focusing more on where they seemed to be, two in particular stood out to him, because they seemed to be distant from the others.

Once he had narrowed down on the two energies, one of which he hoped belonged to Jezebel, he began to follow them through the district. Before long he reached an apartment, which was where he could sense the energies coming from. He knocked on the door, beginning to think of what to say when it was opened. He knew better than to tell them he worked for the authorities, so he worked on a story he could tell them instead.

Jez smiled gratefully at calico as she began to eat her waffles. She finished her waffles before taking a sip of water. SHe then looked up at Calico. She sighed as she began to tell her story. "I came to the city because I had no choice. About a year ago, my life was pretty normal. I knew supernatural existed, and didn't agree with the way people treated them, but would never have though that I was one of them." She paused as though remembering something unpleasant. "Then one day, I saw a friend of mine being bullied. My friend was scrawny, and was constantly being bullied. Usually, I could make the bully back of, but this wasn't an ordinary bully. It was a 9th grader, not a huge kid, but he was smart, sadistic, and cruel. People used to whisper about all the horrible things he'd done. I told him to back off, but he turned on me instead. I would've died had instinct not taken over, and I shifted. I can still remember the gleam of his knife." She paused again, her somber mood changing as she laughed. "The expression on his face when I changed into a dragon was priceless. I had not known that I could do that until that day, but ever since, I have been running. The authorities don't seem to like the fact that I can change into a several ton dragon with armored scales and the ability to breathe fire." She went silent, her tale finished, and took a drink of water. She flinched, and her eyes went wide as she heard the knock on the door.
Jez smiled gratefully at calico as she began to eat her waffles. She finished her waffles before taking a sip of water. SHe then looked up at Calico. She sighed as she began to tell her story. "I came to the city because I had no choice. About a year ago, my life was pretty normal. I knew supernatural existed, and didn't agree with the way people treated them, but would never have though that I was one of them." She paused as though remembering something unpleasant. "Then one day, I saw a friend of mine being bullied. My friend was scrawny, and was constantly being bullied. Usually, I could make the bully back of, but this wasn't an ordinary bully. It was a 9th grader, not a huge kid, but he was smart, sadistic, and cruel. People used to whisper about all the horrible things he'd done. I told him to back off, but he turned on me instead. I would've died had instinct not taken over, and I shifted. I can still remember the gleam of his knife." She paused again, her somber mood changing as she laughed. "The expression on his face when I changed into a dragon was priceless. I had not known that I could do that until that day, but ever since, I have been running. The authorities don't seem to like the fact that I can change into a several ton dragon with armored scales and the ability to breathe fire." She went silent, her tale finished, and took a drink of water. She flinched, and her eyes went wide as she heard the knock on the door.
y1ib5Xu.pngH2R3hOD.pngSDESNQe.pngl7zLBky.pngxppmNpa.png
The knock had Nez on his feet almost instantly. He was still gripping what remained of the cheese, but eating it had been forgotten for now. His rat skull-head pointed towards the door, but his mind was already going through any possible escape routes.
The knock had Nez on his feet almost instantly. He was still gripping what remained of the cheese, but eating it had been forgotten for now. His rat skull-head pointed towards the door, but his mind was already going through any possible escape routes.
Calico listened intely to Jezabel before freezing at the soundnof a knock. She held up her hand to the two others with a finger over her mouth in a gesture for them to be quiet. She then turned the stove off and walked to the door lookingbthrough the peep hold on her door. But in lockdown mode she knew she couldnt open the door even if she wanted too.

"Who is it?" She asked seeming like a frightened human woman.
"Im not opening the door, i heard there was a supernatural on the loose and ive locked down my house to keep my family safe. Come back another time please." She said waiting and listening for a response.
Calico listened intely to Jezabel before freezing at the soundnof a knock. She held up her hand to the two others with a finger over her mouth in a gesture for them to be quiet. She then turned the stove off and walked to the door lookingbthrough the peep hold on her door. But in lockdown mode she knew she couldnt open the door even if she wanted too.

"Who is it?" She asked seeming like a frightened human woman.
"Im not opening the door, i heard there was a supernatural on the loose and ive locked down my house to keep my family safe. Come back another time please." She said waiting and listening for a response.
"Imagination is the power to gather roses in the winter"
Ever heard of Dreamophrenia? Its a great Youtube cartoon done by Two amasing people. I highly recommend checking it out! Link here -->
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vkMeoUhXRejAU7M6uaeQQ

She/Her Lesbian Colorado Dragonsona: Faedra
Theo smiled as he heard someone's voice behind the door. He could tell she was pretending to act as human as possible, but he couldn't be fooled with things like these. "Now, now, what do three supernaturals have to fear from one measly supernatural?" He asked, his question clearly not actually asking a question but pointing out the fact that he knew they were supernaturals, and to those who could piece it together that he was one too.

"Well that's not why I came here." He said continuing on. As he did his placed his hand on the door, a faint glow, that was barely noticeable, appearing in his eyes as he summoned his magic. He could feel the heat growing in his hand, his fire magic sitting just below the surface, ready should he need to use it. "You see I'm a private investigator of sorts, and I was hired to find someone's daughter. A 14 year old shapeshifter, her name's Jezebel. Just to be clear I have no plans to turn her in or harm her in anyway, her parents just want to talk to her, and make sure she's safe." Theo explained, it wasn't a great lie, but it was the best he could come up with in the few seconds he had had to develop a story. "So have you seen her?"
Theo smiled as he heard someone's voice behind the door. He could tell she was pretending to act as human as possible, but he couldn't be fooled with things like these. "Now, now, what do three supernaturals have to fear from one measly supernatural?" He asked, his question clearly not actually asking a question but pointing out the fact that he knew they were supernaturals, and to those who could piece it together that he was one too.

"Well that's not why I came here." He said continuing on. As he did his placed his hand on the door, a faint glow, that was barely noticeable, appearing in his eyes as he summoned his magic. He could feel the heat growing in his hand, his fire magic sitting just below the surface, ready should he need to use it. "You see I'm a private investigator of sorts, and I was hired to find someone's daughter. A 14 year old shapeshifter, her name's Jezebel. Just to be clear I have no plans to turn her in or harm her in anyway, her parents just want to talk to her, and make sure she's safe." Theo explained, it wasn't a great lie, but it was the best he could come up with in the few seconds he had had to develop a story. "So have you seen her?"
Calico huffed a sigh, but her insstincts told her something is wrong. And she wasnt about to let anyone hurt her new wards. She looked over to Nez then towards jezabel, she had to get them out of here and the best way was the underground tunnels. Metally she reached out to the previous girl thatvtold her about jezabel, the one that looked sixteen. "Chii i need you to meet two people in the tunnels. Im sending them down." chii resonded with an emotion of worry and finally mentally replied,
"Im on it Cali." in a determind tone.

Calico then turned to the door again. "Ive never heard of a Jezabel shifter. And if you know what good for you. You'll leave quietly, my family doesnt take kindly to threats or traitors." She almost growled. Then quickly and quietly she ushered Nez and jezabel to her private bedroom. Efforlessly she lifted up the bed and under it on the floor was a trap door. Calico opened the trap door and quietly whispered to the two, "go down the stairs quietly, when you reach the bottm there with be a girl waiting for you. Her name is Chii, dont let her looks fool you she is a lot older than all of us. Just follow her."

The stairs were long and lead all the way down to the tunnels under the appartment building nearly right under the bar. At the bottom Chii would already be waiting for them.

(Going to make a character sheet for Chii real quick.)
Calico huffed a sigh, but her insstincts told her something is wrong. And she wasnt about to let anyone hurt her new wards. She looked over to Nez then towards jezabel, she had to get them out of here and the best way was the underground tunnels. Metally she reached out to the previous girl thatvtold her about jezabel, the one that looked sixteen. "Chii i need you to meet two people in the tunnels. Im sending them down." chii resonded with an emotion of worry and finally mentally replied,
"Im on it Cali." in a determind tone.

Calico then turned to the door again. "Ive never heard of a Jezabel shifter. And if you know what good for you. You'll leave quietly, my family doesnt take kindly to threats or traitors." She almost growled. Then quickly and quietly she ushered Nez and jezabel to her private bedroom. Efforlessly she lifted up the bed and under it on the floor was a trap door. Calico opened the trap door and quietly whispered to the two, "go down the stairs quietly, when you reach the bottm there with be a girl waiting for you. Her name is Chii, dont let her looks fool you she is a lot older than all of us. Just follow her."

The stairs were long and lead all the way down to the tunnels under the appartment building nearly right under the bar. At the bottom Chii would already be waiting for them.

(Going to make a character sheet for Chii real quick.)
Ever heard of Dreamophrenia? Its a great Youtube cartoon done by Two amasing people. I highly recommend checking it out! Link here -->

Nez followed wordlessly, gravitating towards an exit. Night vision meant that it didn't matter if it was dark beyond the trap door.

He nodded at Calico's words, but...something squirmed in his chest as he looked at her again. It wasn't painful, but it was uncomfortable.

"Eh, uh," he stammered, before clearing his proverbial throat to return her whisper. "What about - about you?"

If that was a hunter behind her door, it could be bad. He didn't understand. She was a stranger to him. Why should it even matter?
Nez followed wordlessly, gravitating towards an exit. Night vision meant that it didn't matter if it was dark beyond the trap door.

He nodded at Calico's words, but...something squirmed in his chest as he looked at her again. It wasn't painful, but it was uncomfortable.

"Eh, uh," he stammered, before clearing his proverbial throat to return her whisper. "What about - about you?"

If that was a hunter behind her door, it could be bad. He didn't understand. She was a stranger to him. Why should it even matter?
Another day, another supernatural that is bullied right in front of him. Drake walks over to the group of people and spoke. "You can't just someone up because they have something you don't." immediately all three of them turned to look at him. "Oh, look. It's mister hero, here to ruin our fun again. How about we show you how we treat supernatural huggers." And with that, he was under the wraith of a crowbar, and two baseball bats. after some time they got board of Drake lack of reaction from the attacks. He was used to the pain by this point and knew that reaction would only encourage the onslaught. he collapsed next to a wall, bruised and leaking red. "That was worse than before, when did they get a crowbar anyway?"
Another day, another supernatural that is bullied right in front of him. Drake walks over to the group of people and spoke. "You can't just someone up because they have something you don't." immediately all three of them turned to look at him. "Oh, look. It's mister hero, here to ruin our fun again. How about we show you how we treat supernatural huggers." And with that, he was under the wraith of a crowbar, and two baseball bats. after some time they got board of Drake lack of reaction from the attacks. He was used to the pain by this point and knew that reaction would only encourage the onslaught. he collapsed next to a wall, bruised and leaking red. "That was worse than before, when did they get a crowbar anyway?"
+ 8 fr time
up_7bca7c0d5f10e6c5_Download.png
Jez looked Calico in the eyes. "I'm not going without you. Besides this guy has been following me for ages. He seems to be able to sense supernaturals. Once he senses us leave, he'll tear up the place looking for the tunnel. It would be better to trick him some other way." She took a deep breath, as if readying herself for something. "I can fight." Her turquoise eyes were steely, as if this was something she'd done before. "Just say the word." She wouldn't back down, that much was clear.
Jez looked Calico in the eyes. "I'm not going without you. Besides this guy has been following me for ages. He seems to be able to sense supernaturals. Once he senses us leave, he'll tear up the place looking for the tunnel. It would be better to trick him some other way." She took a deep breath, as if readying herself for something. "I can fight." Her turquoise eyes were steely, as if this was something she'd done before. "Just say the word." She wouldn't back down, that much was clear.
y1ib5Xu.pngH2R3hOD.pngSDESNQe.pngl7zLBky.pngxppmNpa.png
Calico shook her head at the pair. "Dont worry, is is my home. And my family is just outside. At the bottom in the tunnels youll meet Chii, she can cloak you so oneo one can find you, not even me. Just go with her" calico whispered and ushered them to hurry.

She was gearing up for a battle and it was obvious by now. But she wouldnt be alone. Chii had alerted several of the shifter from the street dance just next to the building. And so six others were already on their way up the apartment stairs. Once they all reached the hallway where Theo was outside Calico's door, one of the big dark skinned males with tattoos all over his chest cleared his throat to get the detectives attention. "Is there something we can help you with?" He said in a deep gruff voice. Everyone knows if you mess with one of the pack, you mess with them all.
Calico shook her head at the pair. "Dont worry, is is my home. And my family is just outside. At the bottom in the tunnels youll meet Chii, she can cloak you so oneo one can find you, not even me. Just go with her" calico whispered and ushered them to hurry.

She was gearing up for a battle and it was obvious by now. But she wouldnt be alone. Chii had alerted several of the shifter from the street dance just next to the building. And so six others were already on their way up the apartment stairs. Once they all reached the hallway where Theo was outside Calico's door, one of the big dark skinned males with tattoos all over his chest cleared his throat to get the detectives attention. "Is there something we can help you with?" He said in a deep gruff voice. Everyone knows if you mess with one of the pack, you mess with them all.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49