Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Hidden City (Open!)
1 2 3 4
Looking at the front page, only a handful have actually been accepted in officially? AbyssRanger seems to be MIA at the moment... *worry'''* But it's probably a good idea to hold off on murdering the thread with characters until he comes back to change the open sign to closed? xD
Looking at the front page, only a handful have actually been accepted in officially? AbyssRanger seems to be MIA at the moment... *worry'''* But it's probably a good idea to hold off on murdering the thread with characters until he comes back to change the open sign to closed? xD

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
If AbyssRanger doesn't reply soon, how would everyone like it if I started this thread up again?
If AbyssRanger doesn't reply soon, how would everyone like it if I started this thread up again?
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
I wouldn’t mind!

Everything alright, @AbyssRanger?
I wouldn’t mind!

Everything alright, @AbyssRanger?
"Alas, love cannot be cured by herbs!"
———
Bas||they/them/fae/faer||18+||FR+2
———
Quite possibly just a moth with internet access.
autumn_sphinx.png lamp.gif
I wouldn't mind either, I was really looking forward to it lol. It's AbyssRanger's baby though... Then again, we have no idea when or if he'll be back :(

We'd been texting on FR every day and he suddenly just went silent. I'm actually really worried?
I wouldn't mind either, I was really looking forward to it lol. It's AbyssRanger's baby though... Then again, we have no idea when or if he'll be back :(

We'd been texting on FR every day and he suddenly just went silent. I'm actually really worried?

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
I’d be up for it! Although like Forever said, this was created by Abyss so even if the premises is similar we probably should’t use ‘Forest Nook’ exactly ^^’

@/AaaaaButForever

If it helps any, Abyss does (or at least seems to from past experience) take breaks sometimes. Life probably gets busy or something, but i understand the concern :<
I’d be up for it! Although like Forever said, this was created by Abyss so even if the premises is similar we probably should’t use ‘Forest Nook’ exactly ^^’

@/AaaaaButForever

If it helps any, Abyss does (or at least seems to from past experience) take breaks sometimes. Life probably gets busy or something, but i understand the concern :<
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
AAAAA lololol I just get so much anxiety when people just disappear out of the blue >.< But yeah lol life gets busy. Still, I can't help but to panic over it just a little cause it's been a long while and taking a break in the middle of something is so weird?

As for the RP, we could probably rename it to something else and add some other lore to it but keep the premise of it the same? I find the idea of a modern fantasy RP to be very charming
AAAAA lololol I just get so much anxiety when people just disappear out of the blue >.< But yeah lol life gets busy. Still, I can't help but to panic over it just a little cause it's been a long while and taking a break in the middle of something is so weird?

As for the RP, we could probably rename it to something else and add some other lore to it but keep the premise of it the same? I find the idea of a modern fantasy RP to be very charming

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
Understandable, especially now. Sometimes you have to step away even in ‘inconvenient’ places, so ‘poofing’ happens from time to time— in the end real life comes first. Which can sometimes be in the middle of stuff, and can be disappointing (on both ends even), but hey at least it’s fun while it lasts. Maybe i’ve chilled about it more because it’s happened to me before on both ends ^^’

Like said though, the concern is understandable :0

The exact details will be up to Sunny if they’re the host, but i’m guessing from their post that’s the idea.
Understandable, especially now. Sometimes you have to step away even in ‘inconvenient’ places, so ‘poofing’ happens from time to time— in the end real life comes first. Which can sometimes be in the middle of stuff, and can be disappointing (on both ends even), but hey at least it’s fun while it lasts. Maybe i’ve chilled about it more because it’s happened to me before on both ends ^^’

Like said though, the concern is understandable :0

The exact details will be up to Sunny if they’re the host, but i’m guessing from their post that’s the idea.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Thank you Shimmer, that does make me feel a lot better about it, I'm not used to this kind of thing just yet but I'll probably become more chilled about it lol :3 I really hope he's doing alright...

Hey, so, I had an idea of sorts? @SuddenShimmer @DancingSkye @Sunnycat4 if we're going to be doing a new version of this, we could always make it part of the extended universe of Forest Nook, if that makes sense? I was thinking how Forest Nook is probably not the only place of its kind in the world, and there are probably places like it hidden away everywhere (think of American, European, Asian and African based places for native creatures of their mythology?)

We could reuse these characters and have them originally come from Forest Nook as new people who've moved in, if that makes any sense lol, and then have the new area be themed to where it's located (say we take a place in Japan, and it's much more like a Japanese city with local dishes served lots of local residents like yokai, kitsune and okami walking around). Idk it was just something I thought would be cool and a way to honor the original RP at the same time?
Thank you Shimmer, that does make me feel a lot better about it, I'm not used to this kind of thing just yet but I'll probably become more chilled about it lol :3 I really hope he's doing alright...

Hey, so, I had an idea of sorts? @SuddenShimmer @DancingSkye @Sunnycat4 if we're going to be doing a new version of this, we could always make it part of the extended universe of Forest Nook, if that makes sense? I was thinking how Forest Nook is probably not the only place of its kind in the world, and there are probably places like it hidden away everywhere (think of American, European, Asian and African based places for native creatures of their mythology?)

We could reuse these characters and have them originally come from Forest Nook as new people who've moved in, if that makes any sense lol, and then have the new area be themed to where it's located (say we take a place in Japan, and it's much more like a Japanese city with local dishes served lots of local residents like yokai, kitsune and okami walking around). Idk it was just something I thought would be cool and a way to honor the original RP at the same time?

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
That actually sounds really cool, and along with a couple more world building edits, would be prefect. Though instead of us having move from, we'd have to completely replace Forrest nook, as some characters have their lives very well in place there and would probably refuse to move, such as my character, who has put her heart and soul into her shop, as well as others who have family dynamics that tie them to the town.

By world building edits I mean like a more concentrated idea of what happens after death, and maybe a magic system, which I personally love to do, along with other things I can expand on at request. But otherwise, sounds great. Where should we move to?

Edit: Nice name change btw, very cute!
That actually sounds really cool, and along with a couple more world building edits, would be prefect. Though instead of us having move from, we'd have to completely replace Forrest nook, as some characters have their lives very well in place there and would probably refuse to move, such as my character, who has put her heart and soul into her shop, as well as others who have family dynamics that tie them to the town.

By world building edits I mean like a more concentrated idea of what happens after death, and maybe a magic system, which I personally love to do, along with other things I can expand on at request. But otherwise, sounds great. Where should we move to?

Edit: Nice name change btw, very cute!
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
@Sunnycat4
Thank you xD

Hmmm I understand what you mean, some stuff about our characters would have to be changed to fir their cultural surroundings a little bit better. Still, I love my character being an animal familiar (I do really well in RP roles where my character gets to serve someone somehow lol idk why but that's my comfort zone so I need an owner, literally)

I'm glad you like my idea though and if you'd like, I could help you with the worldbuilding? For Cat, I used an idea inspired by the anime Noragami, where your spirit can become some sort of a conduit for someone else if they name you. Something like that could be extended into reincarnation, or choosing where your little ball of light of a soul goes when they die (as Cat couldn't pass on, she was a wandering spirit). Maaaybe? Just some ideas I had lol.

As for where to move to, I used Japan as an example because that's my first pick. It's beautiful in every aspect. The cultures, the scenery, the houses and shrines and spirituality of it all is just fascinating. And you know, imagine a Nice Guy Neckbeard orc who's a huge weeb running an anime shop lololol xD

@Sunnycat4
Thank you xD

Hmmm I understand what you mean, some stuff about our characters would have to be changed to fir their cultural surroundings a little bit better. Still, I love my character being an animal familiar (I do really well in RP roles where my character gets to serve someone somehow lol idk why but that's my comfort zone so I need an owner, literally)

I'm glad you like my idea though and if you'd like, I could help you with the worldbuilding? For Cat, I used an idea inspired by the anime Noragami, where your spirit can become some sort of a conduit for someone else if they name you. Something like that could be extended into reincarnation, or choosing where your little ball of light of a soul goes when they die (as Cat couldn't pass on, she was a wandering spirit). Maaaybe? Just some ideas I had lol.

As for where to move to, I used Japan as an example because that's my first pick. It's beautiful in every aspect. The cultures, the scenery, the houses and shrines and spirituality of it all is just fascinating. And you know, imagine a Nice Guy Neckbeard orc who's a huge weeb running an anime shop lololol xD

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
1 2 3 4