Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wings Of Hope [Closed ;>;]
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 69 70
Zephyr | Group | Dovekie

Zephyr flicked an ear and his talons had snapped the rag out of the air, only having seen it with his peripheral vision. He looked up at Dovekie and cocked his head. "Uh... it's Zephyr. Thanks." The word felt weird coming out of his throat- Thanks. He looked down at the rag and decided on washing the blood off his face first, but stayed alert and ready to follow Plush if she took to the air or started on a run.

He kept cleaning until the rag stopped getting bloody- soon, his scales were back to their light, sandy brown color. His darker red scales glimmered rose gold in the intense sunlight now that the blood had been wiped off them, and he felt a lot better knowing that he no longer looked like as much of a monster.
Zephyr | Group | Dovekie

Zephyr flicked an ear and his talons had snapped the rag out of the air, only having seen it with his peripheral vision. He looked up at Dovekie and cocked his head. "Uh... it's Zephyr. Thanks." The word felt weird coming out of his throat- Thanks. He looked down at the rag and decided on washing the blood off his face first, but stayed alert and ready to follow Plush if she took to the air or started on a run.

He kept cleaning until the rag stopped getting bloody- soon, his scales were back to their light, sandy brown color. His darker red scales glimmered rose gold in the intense sunlight now that the blood had been wiped off them, and he felt a lot better knowing that he no longer looked like as much of a monster.
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her
Give me Pumpkin Spice before I remove your kneecap privileges

Tide | Between Sand and Ice | Walking behind Plush

White eye scales, isn't that a sign they can mind bend?

She paused

Or was it shadow bend? I'm wrong aren't I. I don't know much about nightwing biology.

She looked towards their leader.

I wonder if they would kill me if I asked are we there yet.

Tide didn't feel like finding out.

She watched the hybrid clean himself.

"So..... I do hate to ask but.....Skywing and....? Or is that an insensitive question....? Imsorry"
Tide | Between Sand and Ice | Walking behind Plush

White eye scales, isn't that a sign they can mind bend?

She paused

Or was it shadow bend? I'm wrong aren't I. I don't know much about nightwing biology.

She looked towards their leader.

I wonder if they would kill me if I asked are we there yet.

Tide didn't feel like finding out.

She watched the hybrid clean himself.

"So..... I do hate to ask but.....Skywing and....? Or is that an insensitive question....? Imsorry"
BcpIF1O.png
Dovekie, void of space, Tide, Reckless, Plush, etc etc

He's a quick one. I wonder how old? Atleast he isn't the grunt of approval type. Or the "I take this but I'm not going to be happy about it" type.

Dovekie nodded. He didn't even want it back now, it was so bloody. He put his canteen back, glancing at Plush before quietly responding. No conversation unless he wanted to really test her limits. And his own. ah.

"No problem. Zephyr. Much better, now that we're not...hhh."

He did a little motion of 'this is beauty. mwah.' with his talons, partially fading into the habit of aquatic hand signals. He wasn't sure if it looked goofy or stupid or insulting. He walked onwards, adjusting his satchel. His knife was stabbing him in the chest a bit, but didn't cut the fabric. To bad, he'd have to attempt to sharpen it.

How old is this knife, I wonder? That shop was practically in ruins. Bad idea.

He turned as Tide flashed and spoke, glad she asked the questions and not him but also tch, touchy subject?

Mindreading. Sometimes visions, half sure that's a myth. Could be shadowbending at this point, they're not the most open. Watch him turn out to be a daring rainwing.

He did recall a quite funny, nice dragon he'd met that was a nightwing. Too bad it was at a marketplace. Too bad someone saw him sneak a bit off jewelry off of a skywing. Too bad he had rent to pay. Honestly, I should get a job. What's wrong with me? I've gone from bad to worse.

He shook his inner self.

Just keep walking.

He's a quick one. I wonder how old? Atleast he isn't the grunt of approval type. Or the "I take this but I'm not going to be happy about it" type.

Dovekie nodded. He didn't even want it back now, it was so bloody. He put his canteen back, glancing at Plush before quietly responding. No conversation unless he wanted to really test her limits. And his own. ah.

"No problem. Zephyr. Much better, now that we're not...hhh."

He did a little motion of 'this is beauty. mwah.' with his talons, partially fading into the habit of aquatic hand signals. He wasn't sure if it looked goofy or stupid or insulting. He walked onwards, adjusting his satchel. His knife was stabbing him in the chest a bit, but didn't cut the fabric. To bad, he'd have to attempt to sharpen it.

How old is this knife, I wonder? That shop was practically in ruins. Bad idea.

He turned as Tide flashed and spoke, glad she asked the questions and not him but also tch, touchy subject?

Mindreading. Sometimes visions, half sure that's a myth. Could be shadowbending at this point, they're not the most open. Watch him turn out to be a daring rainwing.

He did recall a quite funny, nice dragon he'd met that was a nightwing. Too bad it was at a marketplace. Too bad someone saw him sneak a bit off jewelry off of a skywing. Too bad he had rent to pay. Honestly, I should get a job. What's wrong with me? I've gone from bad to worse.

He shook his inner self.

Just keep walking.
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
(Anyone read warriors? It's just like the walking scene except oops, I'm ending it)
Plush | Sand | Tags: No one and everyone. Who? Nobody.

She chuckled to herself, noticing the two Seawings chatting in aquatic. It made her feel scared in a silly and paranoid way.
Don't turn around. Don't look back. If they kill you, They'll kill them. You've been given the highest honor to guide them. And hey, if you do die, they might bring you home. Yes. This is fun to think about! Plush bristled at the thought of one of the dragonets causally stabbing her in the back and stealing the small amount of belongings tucked away in her small satchel. She then tensed and checked that it was still in it's place, breathing a sigh of relief then taking a sharp glare at the dragons behind her, probably trying to see if they were still there and if they saw her check. She was satisfied with what she saw and turned around, confused on how fast the arrived at their destination.

The Scorpion Den.
(Anyone read warriors? It's just like the walking scene except oops, I'm ending it)
Plush | Sand | Tags: No one and everyone. Who? Nobody.

She chuckled to herself, noticing the two Seawings chatting in aquatic. It made her feel scared in a silly and paranoid way.
Don't turn around. Don't look back. If they kill you, They'll kill them. You've been given the highest honor to guide them. And hey, if you do die, they might bring you home. Yes. This is fun to think about! Plush bristled at the thought of one of the dragonets causally stabbing her in the back and stealing the small amount of belongings tucked away in her small satchel. She then tensed and checked that it was still in it's place, breathing a sigh of relief then taking a sharp glare at the dragons behind her, probably trying to see if they were still there and if they saw her check. She was satisfied with what she saw and turned around, confused on how fast the arrived at their destination.

The Scorpion Den.
Zephyr | Group | Tide

Zephyr shrugged his wings at the question. "I... I wish I knew. I think... MudWing? I'm not sure... but I'm kind of bulky and I like mud, so..." He trailed off, looking her in the eye. His lavender colored scleras gave his eyes a soft look, and in another life he looked like he could have been a much different character. He clenched his jaw and looked at the ground, but smiled at her and Dovekie.

"It's not insensitive- I'm used to it. In fact, you're the first dragon who's ever bothered to ask me." He flicked at ear towards her and then listened as Dovekie spoke and cracked a grin.

As they neared the Scorpion Den, he stiffened and his brow furrowed in anger. His expression went from soft and pleasant to very angry and bite-y in a second. He hated it at this place- this is where he had gone when the Queen banished him- and he quickly came to hate it. Every corner he turned, someone tried to kill him, every alleyway he walked down someone tried to trap him.

All those attempts ended in their deaths. More blood on his talons. He laid his ears back and kept trudging.

Reckless | Group | Everyone

"My favorite place~" Reckless giggled, prancing along behind Plush. She waved her tail around haphazardly and smacked Tide with it with the dull end of her stinger on accident, then looked back and winked.
"Sorry bout' that, sweetheart. It goes where it wants, sometimes." She purred, then joyfully perked her ears forward.
Zephyr | Group | Tide

Zephyr shrugged his wings at the question. "I... I wish I knew. I think... MudWing? I'm not sure... but I'm kind of bulky and I like mud, so..." He trailed off, looking her in the eye. His lavender colored scleras gave his eyes a soft look, and in another life he looked like he could have been a much different character. He clenched his jaw and looked at the ground, but smiled at her and Dovekie.

"It's not insensitive- I'm used to it. In fact, you're the first dragon who's ever bothered to ask me." He flicked at ear towards her and then listened as Dovekie spoke and cracked a grin.

As they neared the Scorpion Den, he stiffened and his brow furrowed in anger. His expression went from soft and pleasant to very angry and bite-y in a second. He hated it at this place- this is where he had gone when the Queen banished him- and he quickly came to hate it. Every corner he turned, someone tried to kill him, every alleyway he walked down someone tried to trap him.

All those attempts ended in their deaths. More blood on his talons. He laid his ears back and kept trudging.

Reckless | Group | Everyone

"My favorite place~" Reckless giggled, prancing along behind Plush. She waved her tail around haphazardly and smacked Tide with it with the dull end of her stinger on accident, then looked back and winked.
"Sorry bout' that, sweetheart. It goes where it wants, sometimes." She purred, then joyfully perked her ears forward.
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her

Dovekie nodded at Zephyr's reply, only mudwings have those odd, lined scales along their backs. I wish there was mud nearby... He shook himself. He looked up and followed Zephyrs gaze, feeling satisfied after Plush gave a small look back at them. Aquatic was fine.

Sweet home, why didn't I notice...well. Close enough.

He saw the area he lived in towards the distance- far enough from the Scorpian Den to have some order and easy picking, close enough to have some shady areas and theifs. He turned his gaze, feeling unguarded with the night wings still unconfirmed- did Tide say white eye scales in confirmation or a question?

He thought this was crazy- they were bright red, blue pale targets. Perhaps Reckless could save their hinds, or sell them to the next eager trader. Especially the hybrid, no wonder he stiffened up. He looked at Reckless and saw their tail hit Tide, immediately stiffening up himself and arching his neck, quickly looking to see what end of the stinger it was and letting out a small huff both in releif and covering up his expression quickly.

She's plain messing with us now ohh and she says that happens sometimes I wonder if happens sometimes is on purpose she's been here before maybe I should ditch this and head home she needs to be careful, gets on my nerves and I know she wants that, plain killer. Weren't sandwings tought to hold their stingers some way? Either on purpose or...perhaps she wasn't raised by sandwings. Maybe they trained her this way, is this a joy ride for her or does she have a reason to 'save the world' Tide could have been a goner, we need that cactus- Brighttap? Brightsting? I know there is one-

He knew he had picked up that information from a sandwing stall. Those cactuses were sold everywhere.
"You should be more careful with that, I heard some parts of this place cut off tails of anyone to feisty. Of course, I suppose you would know that- favourite place and all."

He raised an eye in question.

Maybe a Brightsting would be useful.

Dovekie nodded at Zephyr's reply, only mudwings have those odd, lined scales along their backs. I wish there was mud nearby... He shook himself. He looked up and followed Zephyrs gaze, feeling satisfied after Plush gave a small look back at them. Aquatic was fine.

Sweet home, why didn't I notice...well. Close enough.

He saw the area he lived in towards the distance- far enough from the Scorpian Den to have some order and easy picking, close enough to have some shady areas and theifs. He turned his gaze, feeling unguarded with the night wings still unconfirmed- did Tide say white eye scales in confirmation or a question?

He thought this was crazy- they were bright red, blue pale targets. Perhaps Reckless could save their hinds, or sell them to the next eager trader. Especially the hybrid, no wonder he stiffened up. He looked at Reckless and saw their tail hit Tide, immediately stiffening up himself and arching his neck, quickly looking to see what end of the stinger it was and letting out a small huff both in releif and covering up his expression quickly.

She's plain messing with us now ohh and she says that happens sometimes I wonder if happens sometimes is on purpose she's been here before maybe I should ditch this and head home she needs to be careful, gets on my nerves and I know she wants that, plain killer. Weren't sandwings tought to hold their stingers some way? Either on purpose or...perhaps she wasn't raised by sandwings. Maybe they trained her this way, is this a joy ride for her or does she have a reason to 'save the world' Tide could have been a goner, we need that cactus- Brighttap? Brightsting? I know there is one-

He knew he had picked up that information from a sandwing stall. Those cactuses were sold everywhere.
"You should be more careful with that, I heard some parts of this place cut off tails of anyone to feisty. Of course, I suppose you would know that- favourite place and all."

He raised an eye in question.

Maybe a Brightsting would be useful.
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
Reckless | Group- outside the Scoprion Den | Dovekie

"I was raised here, sugar. I know that perfectly well what happens to the cocky tail-lashers. Thing is- when you're the one who's bad enough to be cutting off the stingers, you kind of get to wave yours wherever you want. Dragons tend to move out of my way." she said, then flicked her tail and shot Dovekie a dazzling grin that would have been beautiful to a stranger. Nevertheless, she didn't want to hurt anyone in the group so she resorted to letting it lash over her back and flick around there.

Auruem had raised her here- with his guild. He taught her to be merciless, cunning, ruthless. To never let anyone know your true feelings, or your intentions. She was good at hiding her true emotions and Aureum had told her before she left to keep her guard up- and that's what she was doing.

The Guild had long since moved on to another town- one in the Sky Kingdom, actually, but Reckless still saw the Scorpion Den as her home. When she had lived here with the Guild... Their word was law. She was an enforcer of Aureum's influence over the Den, and really had cut off stingers... And legs... And tails... And a couple of heads here and there.

That was a while ago, though. She actually started feeling a little nostalgic. Her friends had still been alive when she had last been here- not dead because of the war. Her wings actually dropped a little bit, thinking about sparring with Razor and Sunshine before they were taken by the drafters. She quickly fixed her expression as to not show her emotions and kept walking.
Reckless | Group- outside the Scoprion Den | Dovekie

"I was raised here, sugar. I know that perfectly well what happens to the cocky tail-lashers. Thing is- when you're the one who's bad enough to be cutting off the stingers, you kind of get to wave yours wherever you want. Dragons tend to move out of my way." she said, then flicked her tail and shot Dovekie a dazzling grin that would have been beautiful to a stranger. Nevertheless, she didn't want to hurt anyone in the group so she resorted to letting it lash over her back and flick around there.

Auruem had raised her here- with his guild. He taught her to be merciless, cunning, ruthless. To never let anyone know your true feelings, or your intentions. She was good at hiding her true emotions and Aureum had told her before she left to keep her guard up- and that's what she was doing.

The Guild had long since moved on to another town- one in the Sky Kingdom, actually, but Reckless still saw the Scorpion Den as her home. When she had lived here with the Guild... Their word was law. She was an enforcer of Aureum's influence over the Den, and really had cut off stingers... And legs... And tails... And a couple of heads here and there.

That was a while ago, though. She actually started feeling a little nostalgic. Her friends had still been alive when she had last been here- not dead because of the war. Her wings actually dropped a little bit, thinking about sparring with Razor and Sunshine before they were taken by the drafters. She quickly fixed her expression as to not show her emotions and kept walking.
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her

Ahah. Raised to sting. I should've expected them to live here..my word, does she polish those teeth? She does seem a tad bit vain, or atleast used to power, cutting off tails, ychh.

He nodded again, wondering what to ask her without getting a look for being nosy. It was his job to be nosy, though, even if he would rather not learn of the thousands of ways this dragon slices others open. He thought he saw a different emotion than glee in the other dragon for a moment, but couldn't catch what it was- perhaps pride.

"Oh? Interesting. From witch did you belong, if you did, if you don't mind me asking? I don't see much home in this place myself, dry and..."

He flicked a rock away like he did earlier, shrugging a shoulder to represent "and all that". It was true, he didn't like this place, although he did like his home. It was nice and shaded there, once in awhile a neighbor would spill water from their supply. The oasis wasn't close as he wished, but the dragon above him somehow kept theirs from evaporating. He wondered what the ocean would feel like, after all this time. He glanced at Tide, wondering how her and the Icewing were dealing with the new use of heat. Perhaps the icewing had lived here once, aswell, he thought, staring at their leader for a second. Surely they wouldn't expect quiet now, with the buzz of the town- "town" so close.

Ahah. Raised to sting. I should've expected them to live here..my word, does she polish those teeth? She does seem a tad bit vain, or atleast used to power, cutting off tails, ychh.

He nodded again, wondering what to ask her without getting a look for being nosy. It was his job to be nosy, though, even if he would rather not learn of the thousands of ways this dragon slices others open. He thought he saw a different emotion than glee in the other dragon for a moment, but couldn't catch what it was- perhaps pride.

"Oh? Interesting. From witch did you belong, if you did, if you don't mind me asking? I don't see much home in this place myself, dry and..."

He flicked a rock away like he did earlier, shrugging a shoulder to represent "and all that". It was true, he didn't like this place, although he did like his home. It was nice and shaded there, once in awhile a neighbor would spill water from their supply. The oasis wasn't close as he wished, but the dragon above him somehow kept theirs from evaporating. He wondered what the ocean would feel like, after all this time. He glanced at Tide, wondering how her and the Icewing were dealing with the new use of heat. Perhaps the icewing had lived here once, aswell, he thought, staring at their leader for a second. Surely they wouldn't expect quiet now, with the buzz of the town- "town" so close.
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
Plush | Sand-->Scorpion Den | Tags: No one and everyone. Who? Nobody.

Plush glanced quickly over to the Scorpion Den. She had been here a few times, once with a friend, another to put together a meeting with someone. She had to fight the urge to pant and felt the saliva start to evaporate from her tongue and started to walk towards the Den, not looking back at the dragons following her.
I look like a fool, don't I? I wonder what Lilac would think of me if they were here. Pfft. She would be laughing so hard. Plush started to feel embarrassment creep up on her, imagining her friend fall to the ground and die of laughter. Plush opened her mouth to try to retort something to the imaginary Lilac, before remembering they left her and clamped her mouth shut.
"Well, here we go." She mumbled that to herself and walked into the Scorpion Den, almost immediately hearing arguing and fighting
Plush | Sand-->Scorpion Den | Tags: No one and everyone. Who? Nobody.

Plush glanced quickly over to the Scorpion Den. She had been here a few times, once with a friend, another to put together a meeting with someone. She had to fight the urge to pant and felt the saliva start to evaporate from her tongue and started to walk towards the Den, not looking back at the dragons following her.
I look like a fool, don't I? I wonder what Lilac would think of me if they were here. Pfft. She would be laughing so hard. Plush started to feel embarrassment creep up on her, imagining her friend fall to the ground and die of laughter. Plush opened her mouth to try to retort something to the imaginary Lilac, before remembering they left her and clamped her mouth shut.
"Well, here we go." She mumbled that to herself and walked into the Scorpion Den, almost immediately hearing arguing and fighting
Princess Moonwalker \\|// Scorpion Den \\|// Zephyr & Tide

Moonwalker followed behind Plush, her tail brushed the sand as she walked. Moon glanced over to the two Seawings talking in auqatic. Moonwalker blinked as she watched them, they looked worried about Zephyr. Moonwalker raised her tail off the ground and walked up to Zephyr’s side. Moonwalker lifted her head slightly, the gems along her body glistened. “Zephyr, I don’t trust this Plush.” Moonwalker mumbled as she glanced over to Tide her tail flicked in the air.

Moonwalker blinked and looked back over to Zephyr, “I mean, how do we know she won’t kill or sell us?” Moonwalker whispered as her ears flattened back, her golden and black earrings shimmered in the sunlight as she moved her head, the teardrops along her scales shined.
Princess Moonwalker \\|// Scorpion Den \\|// Zephyr & Tide

Moonwalker followed behind Plush, her tail brushed the sand as she walked. Moon glanced over to the two Seawings talking in auqatic. Moonwalker blinked as she watched them, they looked worried about Zephyr. Moonwalker raised her tail off the ground and walked up to Zephyr’s side. Moonwalker lifted her head slightly, the gems along her body glistened. “Zephyr, I don’t trust this Plush.” Moonwalker mumbled as she glanced over to Tide her tail flicked in the air.

Moonwalker blinked and looked back over to Zephyr, “I mean, how do we know she won’t kill or sell us?” Moonwalker whispered as her ears flattened back, her golden and black earrings shimmered in the sunlight as she moved her head, the teardrops along her scales shined.
DarkOverLight, just call me Dark!~
• Lesbian
• HS student
• 2+ hours ahead of FR time
hPrVqAH.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 69 70